Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System for Xbox 360 $100 (Maybe Less) @ Buy.com

Import

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Linky

I ordered one yesterday after seeing the deal on SD. For the price it can't be beat according to reviews. New google checkout customers can get an extra $10 off.

If you already used google checkout like me there is a $10 rebate form -

Here

This can be used with or without the 360. Can also be used with the PS3 if wanted.

If wrong forum, please move....Thanks.

[quote name='Big Wang']So can anyone help me out with my problem? My sound card's (Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit) digital out is a 3.5mm jack. I looked in the manual, and it says that I'd be able to connect the digital out into a device that decodes Dolby Digital Signals. I assume that this speaker have no problem doing it with its coaxial in. However, this means that I have to get a converter cable that makes 3.5mm stereo jack into coaxial. Where would I be able to get a cable like that anyway? I've looked on monoprice already, but haven't been able to locate it yet. Maybe I'm just not looking t at the right places.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think this is what you're looking for.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=16&product=1780

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']But was it listed as "back ordered" when you put the order in? I mean if they don't have the stock, they don't have the stock. That's like getting mad at Target for not having a Wii even though you ordered it ahead of time. Unless it was in stock when you ordered, in which case you got kinda jacked, huh?[/quote]

Yepp, i got super jacked because when i ordered it was in stock. Went to back order like 1-2 weeks after. Kinda dumb. I expect it to be here for christmas, if not that's a whole month + some days that it took for something that was in stock at the time when i ordered.

Mine shipped on Dec. 6, but has been sitting at the Memphis, TN location for the last 3 days. Is this common or should I start raising hell with FedEx?

I have a question, if i want to use this with my tv instead of only my xbox360 do i have to buy an analog to connect the subwoofer to my tv?

[quote name='uEih']I have a question, if i want to use this with my tv instead of only my xbox360 do i have to buy an analog to connect the subwoofer to my tv?[/quote]

If your TV's audio out is Red/White, this receiver/subwoofer accepts it. There is no separate reciever. Just plug the wires directly into the back of the sub.

I got mine yesterday and setup it up and the woofer on the sub is distorted no matter what level the sound is at. Plus the dialogue from the center channel also comes through the subwoofer mulffled which shouldn't even be there. Anyone else had any problems like this? Looks like I'm going to have to contact Pioneer to see about getting it repaired/replaced. At least I can unplug the sub and still use the other 5 channels.

I got mine today and set it up. It is cool. I got it working fine and no problems. I am ordering some stuff from monoprice.com if anyone wants to get in on an order with me.

[quote name='uEih']Yepp, i got super jacked because when i ordered it was in stock. Went to back order like 1-2 weeks after. Kinda dumb. I expect it to be here for christmas, if not that's a whole month + some days that it took for something that was in stock at the time when i ordered.[/quote]

Whoa, weird... Yeah, I'd say that's pretty intolerable. What a bummer. I really have nothing constructive to add except my condolences. I don't suppose it's shipped and they just didn't update the tracking info?

(I know that sounds odd, but it's happened to me before... I've been freaked out thinking there was a mistake, and then I find it on my doorstep the next day.)

[quote name='PINKO']got mine but cant get the remote to work[/QUOTE]

unplug the microphone. if you want to do the auto setup with the microphone:

turn off the speakers
plug in the mic
turn on the speakers
then do the auto thing

i found that if the speakers are on then you plug it in, the remote does not work unless you unplug the mic.

Received mine sometime last week when I was on my Honeymoon. No work this week either but have been too lazy to hook it up. Hopefully I'll get around to it tomorrow as I really want to hear what this sounds like.

that sucks, i just hooked my tv up with analog on the system and the sounds either come from the television or the sound system only, not both at the same time. Oh well, i guess it'll do. Guess it only comes from both when i have optical, kinda new at this but this is great!

EDIT : I got it to work with tv and system at the same time.

I'm new to audio systems, so maybe I done something wrong...I dunno, but when I'm watching HDTV I use the optical out from my tv to the sub and sometimes there is a one second skip of audio. It seems pretty random. Does that sound like something I done wrong, or is it the hardware?

Edit: I also use the second optical input directly from the Xbox 360 to the sub and I don't have this issue there.

Here is my experience. I ordered on the 4th of December through google checkout and on the 8th I received an email that my item has shipped. So I went to fedex and tracked my order and it was sitting in TX with an expected delivery date for the 13th. Well for the next 4 days the ticket didn't update and I began reading the forums and it seemed alot of you had the same problem. Now I was beginning to worry. Anyway today for the heck of it I checked my tracking info and to my surprise the ticket updated and said package on vehicle for delivery! I was shocked to say the least especially since it was "said to be in TX". So if your fedex tracking hasn't been updated don't lose hope like I did, wait for alleged delivery date then check you might be pleasantly surprised!

[quote name='bigslick116']Here is my experience. I ordered on the 4th of December through google checkout and on the 8th I received an email that my item has shipped. So I went to fedex and tracked my order and it was sitting in TX with an expected delivery date for the 13th. Well for the next 4 days the ticket didn't update and I began reading the forums and it seemed alot of you had the same problem. Now I was beginning to worry. Anyway today for the heck of it I checked my tracking info and to my surprise the ticket updated and said package on vehicle for delivery! I was shocked to say the least especially since it was "said to be in TX". So if your fedex tracking hasn't been updated don't lose hope like I did, wait for alleged delivery date then check you might be pleasantly surprised![/quote]

I still have the same problem as you, but mine hasn't updated at all.

Yeah, FedEx can be co crap about updating the tracking info. Why bother with tracking info at all if it's not going to get updated? :s Not a big FedEx fan. I've had great luck with DHL and decent luck with UPS. Not like we get a choice, though.

I'm going to hook my unit up today or tomorrow (putting it off; I'm lazy... stupid rear speakers) and deliver my vast insight on how it sounds. :)

Well I got my system a few days ago. Hooked it right up and then powered up the system and it turns out my front left speaker came blown. All of the sound coming from it is all staticy when it hits higher tones. I even tried hooking it up to the front right with the front right speaker wire and it did the same thing. Called Pioneer and they gave me a service center address that I could bring it to and get it repaired and it'll take 12-16 business days. Too bad it's 50 miles away. Sigh.

[quote name='crono152']Well I got my system a few days ago. Hooked it right up and then powered up the system and it turns out my front left speaker came blown. All of the sound coming from it is all staticy when it hits higher tones. I even tried hooking it up to the front right with the front right speaker wire and it did the same thing. Called Pioneer and they gave me a service center address that I could bring it to and get it repaired and it'll take 12-16 business days. Too bad it's 50 miles away. Sigh.[/quote]

What a crock! Can you just get a replacement speaker somewhere? That's horrible. I hope mine works when I get it hooked up.

[quote name='TheShiz']unplug the microphone. if you want to do the auto setup with the microphone:

turn off the speakers
plug in the mic
turn on the speakers
then do the auto thing

i found that if the speakers are on then you plug it in, the remote does not work unless you unplug the mic.[/quote]

How do i turn off the speakers

i tried everything

funny thing is the remote works great with my 360

[quote name='crono152']Well I got my system a few days ago. Hooked it right up and then powered up the system and it turns out my front left speaker came blown. All of the sound coming from it is all staticy when it hits higher tones.[/quote]

I have the same problem with my left surround speaker. I called Pioneer and they said they won't replace it and I have to go to a repair center to get it fixed under waranty. Fortunately there is one close to where I live.

[quote name='calvin449']I have the same problem with my left surround speaker. I called Pioneer and they said they won't replace it and I have to go to a repair center to get it fixed under waranty. Fortunately there is one close to where I live.[/quote]

I'm probably screwed if that happens to me. There's never anything anywhere near where I live.

Can't a generic or other branded speaker work?

Damnit, was too lazy today to hook it up and reading a couple of people's speakers came blown has me wishing I had. Fedex ground tracking is useless as my tracking still says it's on vehicle for delivery and I had it for like 2 weeks.

I placed my order for this and a speaker system for my Gamecrazy Zune on Dec 5th. It went to warehouse almost immed. and now it just sits there. Hope this ships soon because they're both Xmas presents for my girlfriend's family. I don't wanna look like a dope and all I have is an IOU

do guys know if the rear speakers are supposed to sound low because mine play sound very low
do i need to plug in the wire more deeper or sumthin? thxs

Wow, I edited this about 12 times because I kept having problems and figuring out what I was doing wrong. For laughs, I couldn't get the remote to work, but I realized it was because I had the MCACC mic plugged into the wrong jack. Hm. Weirdo.

So I did the creepy auto-calibration with the weird sound effects. Couldn't they have used sound effects that were more pleasant? Like the screams of dying infants?

Anyway, I've got it "auto-calibrated," but the dialog is still too quiet. I saw other folks having problems with that, too. How did you finally solve it? There seem to be a lot of complicated doodads and settings. Eesh.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Wow, I edited this about 12 times because I kept having problems and figuring out what I was doing wrong. For laughs, I couldn't get the remote to work, but I realized it was because I had the MCACC mic plugged into the wrong jack. Hm. Weirdo.

So I did the creepy auto-calibration with the weird sound effects. Couldn't they have used sound effects that were more pleasant? Like the screams of dying infants?

Anyway, I've got it "auto-calibrated," but the dialog is still too quiet. I saw other folks having problems with that, too. How did you finally solve it? There seem to be a lot of complicated doodads and settings. Eesh.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to pump up the center channel to increase the dialog. Press the Setup button and then when it says "CH LEVEL", press the Enter button. Press right until it says "C" for the center channel, and now increase the dB to your liking. The MCACC set mine at -2, but I pumped it to +1 , and it's a lot better.

Checked my order status today. It went from sent to thr warehouse to now On Order. Wow, they sure took the money out of my account real fast. I guess they're now too tired to ship my package.

I'm not too happy about this. I have no problem with merchants charging my credit card befrore shipping, but this is ridiculous. Make sure you acutally have your stuff before charging my card. It's now on Order, yet they charged my card as soon as I ordered it.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Wow, I edited this about 12 times because I kept having problems and figuring out what I was doing wrong. For laughs, I couldn't get the remote to work, but I realized it was because I had the MCACC mic plugged into the wrong jack. Hm. Weirdo.

Anyway, I've got it "auto-calibrated," but the dialog is still too quiet. I saw other folks having problems with that, too. How did you finally solve it? There seem to be a lot of complicated doodads and settings. Eesh.[/quote]

If you check the uppper right of page 21 of the manual there is a setting for enhancing dialogue. Basically you press the Sound button, use left/right until you get to Dialogue, then use up/down to chose off, mid or max and then press enter.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I'm probably screwed if that happens to me. There's never anything anywhere near where I live.

Can't a generic or other branded speaker work?[/QUOTE]

Any speaker would work - it's a regular receiver, and the connections are standard.

I was under the impression that the speaker connections were proprietary as they connect to the sub woofer. LOL @ still being too lazy to hook this thing up. Problem is, I have to move my entire entertainment unit where this is going and my wife never wants to help me.

When I do finally hook it up (Hopefully tonight or tomorrow) I will update with how everything is working with my unit. At least I'll get to take care of all the wires behind my setup and make it look all nice and neat.

[quote name='Felder71']You should be able to pump up the center channel to increase the dialog. Press the Setup button and then when it says "CH LEVEL", press the Enter button. Press right until it says "C" for the center channel, and now increase the dB to your liking. The MCACC set mine at -2, but I pumped it to +1 , and it's a lot better.[/quote]

Weird! I'll try that. I sit really close to my TV, so the center channel probably is rather low. I'm surprised it didn't turn the rear surround speakers up higher since they're farther away from me. I'm a little skeptical about the MCACC mic. I'll mess with the settings some and see if I can't improve it.

I also noticed in the manual there's a particular variable on the settings menu that can be set to off, medium or high which is supposed to make dialog "stand out". Not sure what it does to achieve this, but I'll give that a try, too.

I really love the system overall.

do guys know if the rear speakers are supposed to sound low because mine play sound very low
do i need to plug in the wire more deeper or sumthin? thxs

[quote name='bunnymanjp']do guys know if the rear speakers are supposed to sound low because mine play sound very low
do i need to plug in the wire more deeper or sumthin? thxs[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the receiver have some sort of setup option that lets you set the speaker levels?

[quote name='bunnymanjp']yea i checked but only allows for sw, right and left speaker
not rear left or right[/QUOTE]

um, i checked and it had rear right and left

press "setup"

channel level

press "ok"

then the options with the left/right buttons are

l (left front for those who are retarded)
C (center channel for those who are retarded)
R (right front for those who are retarded)
sr (surround right for those who are retarded)
sl (surround Left for those who are retarded)
sw (sub woofer)

stop being stupid

[quote name='bunnymanjp']yea i checked but only allows for sw, right and left speaker
not rear left or right[/QUOTE]

Umm... Its probably because you have the surround set to a 2.1 channel set up.
Take a look at your remote and go to surround and select a 5.1 set up (Like Music, Movie, or even Auto)

If your current sound output doesn't support 5.1 then you can't change it until your receiver gets a 5.1 signal
Hope this makes sense

Mine came today out of the blue - I wasn't expecting it since my tracking number never said that it was actually shipped. Luckily, none of my speakers were dead, and everything I've tested it with so far sounds exceptional. I just need to find myself some speaker stands, now..

[quote name='Teqonix']Mine came today out of the blue - I wasn't expecting it since my tracking number never said that it was actually shipped. Luckily, none of my speakers were dead, and everything I've tested it with so far sounds exceptional. I just need to find myself some speaker stands, now..[/quote]

Your lucky. I ordered mine on 29Nov, received an email 06Dec stating its on its way. Still nothing. I checked on my tracking nbr and Fed Ex has been sitting on it since 6Dec. It states delivery next business day from 15Dec... I've heard of Buy.com deliveries horror stories. I can't wait till I get mine. Its going in the garage for some PS3 Rockband jamming....

Hooray! It arrived today! 3 weeks later...

Probably gonna hook this up today. Just curious as to what you guys are doing with the front and rear speakers. Did you guys buy stands/mounts for them or what?

the speaker in the subwoofer is replaceable actually, It just screws into the rear of the enclosure and it's not gaurded by anything...But it's replaceable!

bread's done
Back