Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

A few years ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated to offering CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Check the front page of our site each day for our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. We also run Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prizes and how to enter.

Now in our fourth year of operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Here is Today's Deal:

Pirate Blast + Intec Shooter Gun Bundle (Nintendo Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1753

2cse3w8.jpg
2jed2j6.jpg

In Pirate Blast, players must defeat Captain Greasebeard and his evil robotic Henchbots who are determined to take over Vile Isle amusement park. To avoid walking the plank, players must destroy as many of the Captain's Henchbots and defeat Greasebeard in time for the park’s grand opening.
The game features eight chapters based in various environments, including a village, jungle, pirate cove and pirate ships. Each chapter features new villains to defeat as players work their way towards the final battle against Greasebeard. Along the way, players can discover bonus rooms and collect booty stolen by the pirates, such as health kits and special keys to replenish health. The special edition blaster bundle brings even more excitement to battles against Greasebeard and his Henchbots as players target their enemies with rapid-fire precision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIND GAMEDEALDAILY ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

Each week Gamedealdaily.com gives away four free items selected from our inventory. A new contest begins at 1pm Eastern time every Monday afternoon. Entrants have 7 days to compile as many entries as they can to give them the best shot at winning one of the prizes. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of total entrants.

Enter the contest at this link:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Here are the prizes for the giveaway beginning 9/6:

First Prize - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (XBox 360, Playstation 3, or Nintendo Wii, Winner's Choice)

210c7lv.jpg
13z8g0x.jpg
14ty6pu.jpg

Explore more of the hidden shadows of the Sith with this sequel to the hit game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse. In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader -- but instead of training his protégée as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on -- Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.
With all-new devastating Force powers and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, Starkiller cuts a swath through deadly new enemies across exciting worlds from the Star Wars films -- all in his desperate search for answers to his past.

Second Prize - The Godfather II (XBox 360 or Playstation 3, Winner's Choice)

2r7rklj.jpg
2hz61ig.jpg

The Godfather II game goes beyond the film's story by setting players in the world of organized crime in 1960’s Florida, Cuba and New York.
After being promoted by Michael Corleone to Don of New York, players expand to new cities, as they build up their families through extorting businesses, monopolizing illegal crime rings and defeating new families in an effort to become the most powerful mob family in America. To help players manage their empire, The Godfather II introduces "The Don's View" -- an innovative strategy meta-game that allows players to oversee the entire world as they grow the family business. Using the Don's View, players will be able to build, defend and expand their crime rings, while keeping an eye on the movements and plans of the rival families. Players will also learn to master the business of organized crime by building a family of Made Men, hiring crew, handing out orders, and promoting their best men up the ranks.

Third Prize - You're in the Movies (XBox 360)

e00het.jpg

This is the game only, no camera included. Get ready for your close-up. You're in the Movies brings the cool factor to kitsch as you live out your dreams of becoming a scream queen, zombie or kung fu fighter. This game is the first and only game of its kind to literally transport players into a magical world of cinema mixed with the hilarious world of improvisation. Using the Xbox LIVE Vision camera, players’ actions are captured and placed into short, riotous films. Performances never end up on the cutting-room floor, and are never the same.

Fourth Prize - James Bond 007: From Russia with Love (Playstation 2)

2qxvyip.jpg

James Bond 007 : From Russia With Love will be the first game to put players in the universe of the classic James Bond films. Set in the original 60's Bond era, the game features movie-based missions as well as original, action-intensive sequences, a broad and deep variety of gameplay, fully-integrated vehicles, social multiplayer experiences, gorgeous women, and classic, upgradeable weapons and gadgetry with modern mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='daminion']Video games are not media - you cant ship them media mail.[/QUOTE]

This is true. All orders through 9/8 have been shipped, including yesterday's orders of the network bridges.

Truth on the shipping. Even though games are not eligible for media mail, a first class bubble mailer at 13 oz with tracking is under $4, even if you factor in the cost of the mailer. Seeing as this game should weigh much less than that, this is pretty stupid. Even if it's a good total price for the game when you factor in shipping (and it is), the lameness of padded shipping costs turns me off.

[quote name='Spyder187']You are still here? Go read this: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=22467.
Thinking of buying from this guy? Go read this: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=22467.[/QUOTE]

I still don't get it why this guy gets special treatment after screwing countless customers with no merchandise,broken merchandise or bootleg stuff he still gets too stay around and sell his garbage, i mean if this were a regular member saying stuff and screwing customers they would be banned from selling but "GameDealDaily.com" somehow gets special treatment.

I've bought once from his site and received my item quickly andnit worked fine. Reading that blog makes me question ordering from here again but when I see dr. F just ignoring all of the complaints, I've got to say I'm staying away completely.

Is it me or do others think sellers forget to realize sending things via email is not a guarantee that the contents will arrive or get to the intended party?

The email system is not without problems, I just went through a lengthy exchange with different seller, but after reading some of the posts here I just mention it. Why is it so hard to just put a DLC code card in an envelope and a stamp? Cost would be less than a $1

[quote name='Romis']Is it me or do others think sellers forget to realize sending things via email is not a guarantee that the contents will arrive or get to the intended party?

The email system is not without problems, I just went through a lengthy exchange with different seller, but after reading some of the posts here I just mention it. Why is it so hard to just put a DLC code card in an envelope and a stamp? Cost would be less than a $1[/QUOTE]

Costs of sending via email:
Your time - typing the code into an email
Computer/Internet/Etc. - Chances are this guy would have a computer and pay for an internet connection anyway. Therefore his business costs on it are minimal.

Costs of sending it via mail:
Envelopes: Looks like you can get 100 envelopes for $5 on Amazon. I'm sure costs down down if you buy in bulk from other suppliers.

Stamps: I'm assuming your suggestion is to send it via regular first class mail. $0.44 a stamp for letters. But wait, that's not good enough. You need confirmation. If USPS lets you do delivery confirmation on a normal letter (not sure that they do), thats $0.80 letter. If you have to do it certified mail, that's apparently $2.85 per letter. And even these aren't full proof. Things can be scanned wrong.

Printer/Ink/Labels: 750 mailing labels that can be printed on are $7 on Amazon. Factor in extra ink you wouldn't be using when you print. You're also going to need to use those labels to print up return address labels, or pay someone to make you a custom bunch.

Time: His time is worth something and he's going to spend a lot of time printing, stuffing, sealing, etc. If you've ever had to print, stamp, and stuff envelopes for a job or internship before, you know it can take a while.

Other overhead: Much like the computer/internet, I'll assume he works a car and gas into regular routines so this doesn't cost him much.

So... Cost of sending 750 codes via email: Whatever his time is worth going through the digital process of mailing 750 emails.

Cost of sending 750 codes via mail: $37.50 for envelopes, $930 for stamps and delivery confirmation, $14+ for both address and return labels. Plus whatever his time is worth for as long as it takes him to go through this whole physical process.

You're looking at probably at least $1000 when all is said and done. Yeah maybe you can get your costs down a bit if you buy stuff in bulk or can get some kind of discount rates. Even if you consider the time spent between the two as relatively equal, that's a lot of money that's not going into his pocket.

There are ways he can cover his bases with email. He could put it on the buyer to specify the exact email address it should be sent to. I assume that's what he does anyway, tying it to whatever email address the order and account information is being sent to. Most importantly, if someone emails claiming they didn't get their email with the code, HE COULD RESPOND BACK WITHIN 24 TO 48 HOURS and then re-forward them the exact email he already sent.

But this not answering emails, forcing people to try to PM him over CAG as a last resort, etc. is all shit customer service.

So you can't fault this guy trying to run a solo business for using email to send codes, because he's probably not raking in money hand over fist in his business and those extra expenses of mailing codes clearly add up.

But you can fault him for the shit customer service and other crap thats gone on.

Hey guys, I just logged on tonight and wanted to post a response to these last few comments:

@The_lawlbringer - I did email a code to your purchase email address earlier this week, not sure why you haven't received it. I issued your refund earlier today when I received the request, and I PM'd you the code through CAG so you can go ahead and keep it for free.

I understand there were issues in the past where I unknowingly sold illegitimate hard drives, or overpromised and underdelivered in regards to delivery dates. I apologize for those incidents, and for the last year at least I've moved towards offering mostly brand new games and accessories, or used games that are of good quality. I've stayed far away from anything that might be fake Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo products. There really haven't been any major issues lately, but I do know that some people are understandably still upset about past experiences.

I've been trying to scale back my focus on my website to fall more in line with what I can have the time to manage. For the last month or so, I have managed to ship out orders within 3 business days of when they were purchased. I have been promoting my site on CAG only when I feel I have a deal worth sharing with the CAG community, and when I know I have the time to dedicate towards filling any orders I receive.

I know some people had a beef with the titles I would use for my threads. Shrike helped me formulate a new format for my thread title, which included the shipping price and condition of the item being offered as well.

The other main complaint I've had about the deals I've run are my shipping costs. I admit, $4.99 was too much to charge to ship a game. I liked being able to offer low prices, but I know it left a bad taste in peoples' mouths once they'd see the shipping costs. Consumers are starting to expect retailers to building shipping prices into the product costs, and I want to start meeting this expectation.

That is why we have begun offering free shipping on everything on GameDealDaily.com. From now on, whenever I post a deal, all prices will now be the total price you will pay. No shipping costs added on at the end.

I know I don't have the time to make GameDealDaily a huge business, and I'm not going to pretend I can anymore. I'm definitely scaling back, but I do plan on running some good deals to coincide with the new free shipping format. If you have any unresolved issues with me, please send me a PM and I'll do what I can to take care of them.

Thank you

Hey guys,

I'm going to close this thread for now and work on some of the behind the scenes parts of GameDealDaily, namely beefing up customer service so that we can meet the standards that are expected by CAGs while shopping online. GameDealDaily will remain open, but I feel like my time would be better spent towards improving our deficiencies rather than promoting the site. If you have any issues with an order, please don't hesitate to contact me through PM here on CAG and I will be sure to take care of it for you. Take care and I will definitely be back in a few months to offer everyone some great deals and customer service.

Thanks,

drfrielgood

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back