Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

A few years ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated to offering CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Check the front page of our site each day for our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. We also run Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prizes and how to enter.

Now in our fourth year of operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Here is Today's Deal:

Pirate Blast + Intec Shooter Gun Bundle (Nintendo Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1753

2cse3w8.jpg
2jed2j6.jpg

In Pirate Blast, players must defeat Captain Greasebeard and his evil robotic Henchbots who are determined to take over Vile Isle amusement park. To avoid walking the plank, players must destroy as many of the Captain's Henchbots and defeat Greasebeard in time for the park’s grand opening.
The game features eight chapters based in various environments, including a village, jungle, pirate cove and pirate ships. Each chapter features new villains to defeat as players work their way towards the final battle against Greasebeard. Along the way, players can discover bonus rooms and collect booty stolen by the pirates, such as health kits and special keys to replenish health. The special edition blaster bundle brings even more excitement to battles against Greasebeard and his Henchbots as players target their enemies with rapid-fire precision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIND GAMEDEALDAILY ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

Each week Gamedealdaily.com gives away four free items selected from our inventory. A new contest begins at 1pm Eastern time every Monday afternoon. Entrants have 7 days to compile as many entries as they can to give them the best shot at winning one of the prizes. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of total entrants.

Enter the contest at this link:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Here are the prizes for the giveaway beginning 9/6:

First Prize - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (XBox 360, Playstation 3, or Nintendo Wii, Winner's Choice)

210c7lv.jpg
13z8g0x.jpg
14ty6pu.jpg

Explore more of the hidden shadows of the Sith with this sequel to the hit game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse. In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader -- but instead of training his protégée as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on -- Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.
With all-new devastating Force powers and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, Starkiller cuts a swath through deadly new enemies across exciting worlds from the Star Wars films -- all in his desperate search for answers to his past.

Second Prize - The Godfather II (XBox 360 or Playstation 3, Winner's Choice)

2r7rklj.jpg
2hz61ig.jpg

The Godfather II game goes beyond the film's story by setting players in the world of organized crime in 1960’s Florida, Cuba and New York.
After being promoted by Michael Corleone to Don of New York, players expand to new cities, as they build up their families through extorting businesses, monopolizing illegal crime rings and defeating new families in an effort to become the most powerful mob family in America. To help players manage their empire, The Godfather II introduces "The Don's View" -- an innovative strategy meta-game that allows players to oversee the entire world as they grow the family business. Using the Don's View, players will be able to build, defend and expand their crime rings, while keeping an eye on the movements and plans of the rival families. Players will also learn to master the business of organized crime by building a family of Made Men, hiring crew, handing out orders, and promoting their best men up the ranks.

Third Prize - You're in the Movies (XBox 360)

e00het.jpg

This is the game only, no camera included. Get ready for your close-up. You're in the Movies brings the cool factor to kitsch as you live out your dreams of becoming a scream queen, zombie or kung fu fighter. This game is the first and only game of its kind to literally transport players into a magical world of cinema mixed with the hilarious world of improvisation. Using the Xbox LIVE Vision camera, players’ actions are captured and placed into short, riotous films. Performances never end up on the cutting-room floor, and are never the same.

Fourth Prize - James Bond 007: From Russia with Love (Playstation 2)

2qxvyip.jpg

James Bond 007 : From Russia With Love will be the first game to put players in the universe of the classic James Bond films. Set in the original 60's Bond era, the game features movie-based missions as well as original, action-intensive sequences, a broad and deep variety of gameplay, fully-integrated vehicles, social multiplayer experiences, gorgeous women, and classic, upgradeable weapons and gadgetry with modern mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time i bought a grab bag that was said these games should work I had the follwing issues:

7 games were obvious bootlegs that didnt work for shit.
3 cracked games but the promo said none of them were going to be cracked.
5 severely gouged games that wouldnt play for shit.

If you buy from this clown, you have been warned. You get what you deserve.

Boy, with all these reports of games now working...doubt I'll ever place an order. Then again seller does put up disclaimer that some might now work if I recall correctly.

Well, this is interesting...

I received:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Zelda Collection
Bloody Roar

Only one of them works. Make a wild guess as to which one.

I guess I'll try to contact the doc via PM. I mean, I do like receiving Melee and Collection - but when neither one works, I fear I'll end up with a $15 grab bag worth $2.95 in actual working games.

For all of you reporting unreadable GC disks, have you tried playing them on a Wii? My Gamecube has gotten to the point where it only reads almost pristine games, so Gamecube age may be a problem.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']For all of you reporting unreadable GC disks, have you tried playing them on a Wii? My Gamecube has gotten to the point where it only reads almost pristine games, so Gamecube age may be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Oh, trust me, it's not that -- they fail on the Wii -and- the GameCube. Both give system "Disk Error" messages.

I just got my grab bag. I received:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Power Tennis
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Mario Power Tennis and Sonic play great, but Twilight Princess looks like it was run over. I cleaned it up and whenever I tried it in my Gamecube it spins endlessly, when in my Wii it actually made my Wii shut itself off and I had to fight to get it out. I am not trying it in my system again and will probably not deal with GDD again unless they have something I think I just have to have.

Just got my 2 GC orders in and haven't tested them yet on a Wii. Got pretty much the same selection as others have posted, had 5 out of the 6 already =/

Here is what they did on my Game Cube:

Zelda: TP (Didn't work - Doesn't even tell me Disk Read Error)
Zelda: WW (OK - Seemed to work)
Mario Sunshine (Didn't work - Gave Disk Read Error in-game)
SSB:Melee (OK - Seemed to work)
Animal Crossing (Didn't work - Gave Disk Read Error before launching game - Has a Crack)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (OK - Seemed to work)

So about 50% success at best, assuming the working ones don't run into a problem somewhere else.
If they work on Wii I might give em to my Nephews as an Xmas present I guess.

Probably done with grab bags. I don't know what to do with the disks that don't work and the odds of me getting something I would want and don't have isn't as good as I thought it could be. PS2 was better variety, but much worse success rate.

Well I received my gamecube grab bags today:

Zelda Twilight Princess: Well scratched but I think I can fix it since nothing is deep
Super Mario Strikers: Doesn't work, grim crap in the center
Mega Man X Collection: Fairly scratched but works
Animal Crossing: Some grim but works
Pokemon Colosseum: Grim but works
Super Smash Bros Melee: Grummy but works

The games I got are pretty awesome choices and I had none of them besides Zelda and almost all worked though the cosmetic levels leave much to be desired. Can't complain too much as others seemed to have it much worse. If the condition was better, these grabbags would be epic given the choices sent out. Thanks again Dr. Friel.

Anyone know how to remove the bloody grim from the center of cds? I know a lot of the used titles I got from gamestop.com love coming that way too.

Got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Melee, and the Ocarina of Time limited edition disc.

Sonic works like a charm. Melee... I had a problem or two with; but I think with some cleaning it'll come out just fine.

It's the Ocarina of Time disc that looks like it got chewed on by a jaguar. Honestly, I can't even use it as a frisbee it's that beat-up.

I really liked the idea. I really did. The choices in games have been nothing but superb, from what I can tell in this thread... however, the conditions they've been sent in is nothing short of ridiculous.

I'm not sure really what to do... should I PM and plead my case?

Well, this is probably the only way my Xbox is going to see any new games, with my GameStop being fresh out and the only store that would trade them shutting down for good....
Temptation...temptation...

From reports that I've received about the Gamecube grab bags, they seem to have a bit of a higher defect rate than the XBox and PS2 discs. I think part of this comes from the fact that they're harder to clean. I paid nearly $2 apiece to have these professionally cleaned, so it's annoying to hear that some of them are still in rough shape. If we run the Gamecube bags again, I'm going to filter out the discs that show heavy damage such as the Zelda disc described a few posts up.

If you received your grab bag and nothing worked, I'm willing to work with you to make it right. But please remember that these are grab bags of loose game discs. It was stated in the description that not all discs are going to work. If you got 2 out of 3 to work, you got what was advertised. These discs were sold at less than 20% of Gamestop prices, so even with a 66% success rate you're coming out ahead by a good amount. Ideally, the working discs would be evenly distributed among customers - but that's impossible with the random nature of grab bags.

This happening once is one thing, but this is the third or fourth time people have done the grab bags and reported getting tons of unplayable games.

[quote name='drfrielgood']From reports that I've received about the Gamecube grab bags, they seem to have a bit of a higher defect rate than the XBox and PS2 discs. I think part of this comes from the fact that they're harder to clean. I paid nearly $2 apiece to have these professionally cleaned, so it's annoying to hear that some of them are still in rough shape. If we run the Gamecube bags again, I'm going to filter out the discs that show heavy damage such as the Zelda disc described a few posts up.

If you received your grab bag and nothing worked, I'm willing to work with you to make it right. But please remember that these are grab bags of loose game discs. It was stated in the description that not all discs are going to work. If you got 2 out of 3 to work, you got what was advertised. These discs were sold at less than 20% of Gamestop prices, so even with a 66% success rate you're coming out ahead by a good amount. Ideally, the working discs would be evenly distributed among customers - but that's impossible with the random nature of grab bags.[/QUOTE]

You justify selling broken games by stating that they are cheaper than Gamestop and then hide behind a disclaimer? But hey, at least SOME of them work right!? Who cares if it's mostly the crappy ones no one wants to play...cheaper than Gamestop, right!?

You argue that people come out ahead, but not when they only have 1 working game out of 3. The price they spent on one working disc-only game at random, they could have went to said Gamestop and picked out a game they actually wanted to play.

This isn't the first time that GameDealDaily.com has pulled some back-alley shady dealings around here, and it won't be the last, I'll be happy on the day you aren't allowed to advertise here anymore.

My grab-bag:

Mario Superstar Baseball
Ikaruga
Sonic Adventure 2
Kirby Air Ride

Haven't had a chance to test them, but Mario and Sonic seem fine, and Ikaruga looks like to be in decent shape as well. The thread around the outside of the Kirby disc is loose, so it probably isn't going to work. Could be a lot worse, though, considering I just got a gamecube and have literally only one game for it.

Honestly, yes, the results of this grab-bag thing are a little disappointing, but this is actually a form of gambling. If you came out with at least 15$ worth of working games based on used gamestop or amazon prices, it seems hard to really complain that much.

70% was clearly a overestimate on Frielgood's part, and that he's willing to work something out for people who had no working games is encouraging, but to seriously expect receiving 50$ in working merchandise out of a 15$ grab bag is unrealistic.

Just emailed out the Guitar Hero Export Codes to everyone that ordered them yesterday and today.

70% was probably too high of an estimate on the Gamecube discs. From what I've heard from buyers I would put the number closer to 60%. The PS2 and XBox discs actually came back a little higher than 70%, which was a pleasant surprise.

For those curious what you can get, in the last PS2 grabbag I got:
Crash of the Titans
Spongebob Squarepants Revenge of the Flying Dutchman
Capcom Collection Volume 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Midnight Club 3 Dub Remix
4x4 Masters of Metal

All were in good condition and working. I traded in Spongebob/Midnight Club/4x4 to gamestop and got about $10 with edge.

I got Sonic Adventure 2, Mario Golf and Megaman X Collection in the GCN grab-bag. MMX won't even start, Mario Golf gets to the Traveller's Tales logo before giving me an error, and Sonic Adventure seems to work. Luckily I actually have been wanting to play SA2, so this isn't a total loss, but I was really looking forward to finally owning the MMX games - I've only emulated the first three. The annoying thing is that none of the discs actually look badly damaged. Superficial scratching and smudging at worst - I'd expect long load times, but not complete failure.

I got in my ps2 grab bag a few weeks ago:

R&C Up Your Arsenal
GTA Liberty City Stories
Midnight Club Dub Edition Remix
MK Deception
GTA Vice City

Note: Three of my original titles had top scratches making them coasters, I emailed Dr. Frielgood and he sent out three more.

Updated with today's deal on the Asian Region-Free version of Crackdown 2, brand new and factory sealed for XBox 360. Not many of these left, so get in before they sell out!

[quote name='drfrielgood']From reports that I've received about the Gamecube grab bags, they seem to have a bit of a higher defect rate than the XBox and PS2 discs. I think part of this comes from the fact that they're harder to clean. I paid nearly $2 apiece to have these professionally cleaned, so it's annoying to hear that some of them are still in rough shape. If we run the Gamecube bags again, I'm going to filter out the discs that show heavy damage such as the Zelda disc described a few posts up.

If you received your grab bag and nothing worked, I'm willing to work with you to make it right. But please remember that these are grab bags of loose game discs. It was stated in the description that not all discs are going to work. If you got 2 out of 3 to work, you got what was advertised. These discs were sold at less than 20% of Gamestop prices, so even with a 66% success rate you're coming out ahead by a good amount. Ideally, the working discs would be evenly distributed among customers - but that's impossible with the random nature of grab bags.[/QUOTE]

:( i still didnt get mine ...hopefully weds ... didnt think it would take a week to get them...

even if they shipped friday would thought they would came today... saturday, monday, tuesday,..... even gamefly games from Cali to indy takes 2 to 3 days tops :(

[quote name='Sushi7065']Got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Melee, and the Ocarina of Time limited edition disc.

Sonic works like a charm. Melee... I had a problem or two with; but I think with some cleaning it'll come out just fine.

It's the Ocarina of Time disc that looks like it got chewed on by a jaguar. Honestly, I can't even use it as a frisbee it's that beat-up.[/QUOTE]

I received the same three games. Unfortunately, none of my copies are playable. This was my first time ordering from the website. I sent a PM and am hoping for a resolution.

Oh common I was finally going to purchase something (Crackdown 2) and when I hit add to cart I got nothing.

Could you update the OP...I guess I will hope for one later on since I missed out.

Still bitter

[quote name='Eldredpe']My grab-bag:

Mario Superstar Baseball
Ikaruga
Sonic Adventure 2
Kirby Air Ride

Haven't had a chance to test them, but Mario and Sonic seem fine, and Ikaruga looks like to be in decent shape as well. The thread around the outside of the Kirby disc is loose, so it probably isn't going to work. Could be a lot worse, though, considering I just got a gamecube and have literally only one game for it.

Honestly, yes, the results of this grab-bag thing are a little disappointing, but this is actually a form of gambling. If you came out with at least 15$ worth of working games based on used gamestop or amazon prices, it seems hard to really complain that much.

70% was clearly a overestimate on Frielgood's part, and that he's willing to work something out for people who had no working games is encouraging, but to seriously expect receiving 50$ in working merchandise out of a 15$ grab bag is unrealistic.[/QUOTE]

Kirby and Mario ended up working. I'll try cleaning the other two (I haven't a clue why Sonic won't play, but Ikaruga looks a bit rough).

Crackdown 2 sold out earlier this evening, so we'll run the Raiden IV deal until noon tomorrow. The Crackdown deal actually lasted longer than I expected it to - took about six hours until it sold out.

got grab bag today and guessing im going to say i tossed 15 in the trash

Zelda twilight princess Wont load Tons of White crap in the middle of the ring deep scratches
Animal crossing Wont load

Sonic battle 2 or something like that Works

15 bucks for sonic battle 2 and 2 games that dont even load

Will never do another grab bag... its its just disgusting the crap falling off the zelda game .... i wouldnt even send a game out like this for FREE let alone charge for it

Hopefully something will be done but im guessing i tossed 15 bucks in the trash
I did get something extra though
Looked like a piece of NOSE HAIR
I mean come on What a disgusting thing to send someone it was some sort of a hair

Im not even going to mess with the games

if the seller wants them back they can have them back Cause i dont want them and probally end up in the trash ... dont even want something like these IN my House yet let me cousins kids play with them..

2 THUMBS WAY DOWN

out of 3 working games 33% is way under the 70% it was told

Wow i almost bought a grab bag as i'm a sucker for those kinda things AND he said they were all professionally cleaned.....

If they were realy in the condition yall described then obviously he lied about the professional cleaning.

Sucks to cause that Zelda combo disc is a beast, GREAT games.

[quote name='$hady']Wow i almost bought a grab bag as i'm a sucker for those kinda things AND he said they were all professionally cleaned.....

If they were realy in the condition yall described then obviously he lied about the professional cleaning.

Sucks to cause that Zelda disc is a beat, GREAT games.[/QUOTE]

I called up a few places to see if there was anything that can be done to get a NON working Gamecube game Fixxed ...

I dont think he LIED about the Professional cleaning

HEADS UP

2 places i called One being Gamestop another a Local Game trader

THE WHITE GOO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DISK IS MOLD

MOLD will form on the Game disk if the professional CLeaning did not DRAIN right ... Some of these places use WATER to clean them and if the Water does not Drain off the Game WHITE MOLD will form on the DISKS

Just another reason im tossing them in the trash.. I dont need to be breathing in MOLD

HEADS UP to the SELLER

I Just found out when i was talking to Gamestop my #$#$#$#$# little brother opened a dispute with paypal about this package so you might be getting that as well.. I asked he why the hell he did it for cause i was going to give you time to do something SO just a heads up if you get a message like that from paypal ...

I myself will be willing to work with you an give you time if you want to work with me... if not I guess im just out the 15 bucks and will learn never to buy Another grab bag again.

I don't see what the fascination is with the Chatpad. It's nice to have handy, but if you have a laptop or a computer close to your 360, you can just send messages from Xbox.com with your keyboard.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't see what the fascination is with the Chatpad. It's nice to have handy, but if you have a laptop or a computer close to your 360, you can just send messages from Xbox.com with your keyboard.[/QUOTE]

I like it for entering 25 digit redeemable codes..i hardly ever chat or send messages, but yes, when I do, its usually thru the PC..

and slidecage, that is a horrible story. I know these grab bags seem exciting for all, but it looks like they turn out to be more like flaming sacks of sh*t. "Don't tell me my business, Devil Woman. Call the fire department, this one's outta control."

Just to clarify - The white gunk that can build up around the center of game discs (particularly on Gamecube) is dried cleaning solution, NOT mold. Some cleaning companies will try (usually unsuccessfully) to vacuum this extra solution out after the cleaning process, but it's strictly for vanity purposes and will not affect the functionality of the disc.

The chatpads are in excellent shape; we've sold 100+ on this site without a return yet.

^People get surprisingly butt-hurt when they purchase a bag of scratched discs, and then it arrives with discs that are scratched! The outrage!

I got my chatpad from the last offer. Arrived looking brand new, operates like a dream. I had my worries, but everything turned out to be a smooth transaction.

[quote name='volt1up']^People get surprisingly butt-hurt when they purchase a bag of scratched discs, and then it arrives with discs that are scratched! The outrage![/QUOTE]

or when he claims most are working and almost all of them aren't working. or when he sells knockoff items...

[quote name='drfrielgood']Just to clarify - The white gunk that can build up around the center of game discs (particularly on Gamecube) is dried cleaning solution, NOT mold. Some cleaning companies will try (usually unsuccessfully) to vacuum this extra solution out after the cleaning process, but it's strictly for vanity purposes and will not affect the functionality of the disc.

The chatpads are in excellent shape; we've sold 100+ on this site without a return yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I've had used discs before, especially from gamestop.com that had that gunk but never knew where the heck it came from.

FYI - yes, the white build-up is LIKELY white buffing solution (usually from jfj buffers). People who suck at resurfacing games tend to have this problem. On full-sized discs, some usually gets in the little groove on the outer lip of the artwork side (and sometimes the underside) as well. That bit is much harder to avoid. None of it affects the disc's playability.

HOWEVER, gamestop shouldn't be telling ANYONE about buffing. Order a used last-gen game from their website for an example. Their drunken-koala buffing specialists hack the hell out of discs. At least 80% that I've gotten from them I've had to rebuff myself because they were just terrible. I think they hand buff discs with brillo pads, maybe.

[quote name='savagepastry']FYI - yes, the white build-up is LIKELY white buffing solution (usually from jfj buffers). People who suck at resurfacing games tend to have this problem. On full-sized discs, some usually gets in the little groove on the outer lip of the artwork side (and sometimes the underside) as well. That bit is much harder to avoid. None of it affects the disc's playability.

HOWEVER, gamestop shouldn't be telling ANYONE about buffing. Order a used last-gen game from their website for an example. Their drunken-koala buffing specialists hack the hell out of discs. At least 80% that I've gotten from them I've had to rebuff myself because they were just terrible. I think they hand buff discs with brillo pads, maybe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought a cheap PS2 game from Gamestop and instead of white gunk in the middle there is black gunk that won't come off no matter what. Is that mold?

[quote name='Rozz']Yeah, I bought a cheap PS2 game from Gamestop and instead of white gunk in the middle there is black gunk that won't come off no matter what. Is that mold?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure its "gunk" and not just damage to the actual disc? Does it affect performance?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Are you sure its "gunk" and not just damage to the actual disc? Does it affect performance?[/QUOTE]

It's a black spot on the ring part of the disc. There is also some white residue above that, but the black sticks out more. On a spot where the disc should be clear it is black instead. If you hold the disc up to the light you could see that it has been resurfaced. The disc works 100% fine though; I've had it for years and played through it without any issues. Was always wondering what the hell that was from though, because I've resurfaced discs myself and that has never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back