Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 [Blu-ray/DVD] - $8.96 each at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has dropped the price of Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 on blu to $8.96 each. These are all 3-disc sets that include a 2 BD's and a DVD

Update: If you don't see the price front and center when you click the links, look on the right "More Buying Choice" panel for Amazon's price.

PotC 1
PotC 2
PotC 3

Alternatively Walmart.com has them for $8.96 with free ship to store option

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting. I have On Stranger Tides on blu ray but the first 3 on dvd (hadn't gone BLU when they came out). PLUS I was offered a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime (my 3rd trial of it in the last 3 years). So I got all 3 coming in 2 days for $29.97. No shipping, tax, gas & free 2 day instead of Super Saver shipping (which usually takes about 10 days). Can't beat that.:D

BTW I just checked & WalMart.com has the same 3 for $8.96 apiece with free shipping (Site to Store only). of course with walmart.com you have to pay tax which works out to about the same price for me PLUS Site to Store can take a week or two. I'm definitely sticking with Amazo but thought someone might be interested in this other option.

I JUST saw that the walmart.com option is in the original post. I was so hot to jump on the Amazon offer I didn't even see it. As Governor Rick Perry would say "OOPS".

[quote name='Mr.Phelps']Thank you for posting. I have On Stranger Tides on blu ray but the first 3 on dvd (hadn't gone BLU when they came out). PLUS I was offered a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime (my 3rd trial of it in the last 3 years). So I got all 3 coming in 2 days for $29.97. No shipping, tax, gas & free 2 day instead of Super Saver shipping (which usually takes about 10 days). Can't beat that.:D

BTW I just checked & WalMart.com has the same 3 for $8.96 apiece with free shipping (Site to Store only). of course with walmart.com you have to pay tax which works out to about the same price for me PLUS Site to Store can take a week or two. I'm definitely sticking with Amazo but thought someone might be interested in this other option.[/QUOTE]

yeah, same here. with tax only save around 30 cents each movie plus need to go to store and wait for 2 weeks.....amazon all the way

Does Amazon usually ship with the cardboard slip covers? I ordered a couple movies during Black Friday and only 1 of the 3 came with the slip cover (all were supposed to have one). Heck, Sucker Punch didn't even come with the DVD for the Blu-Ray+DVD package.

[quote name='jumpman17']Does Amazon usually ship with the cardboard slip covers? I ordered a couple movies during Black Friday and only 1 of the 3 came with the slip cover (all were supposed to have one). Heck, Sucker Punch didn't even come with the DVD for the Blu-Ray+DVD package.[/QUOTE]
It's not Amazon that chooses to ship movies with or without slipcovers. Slipcovers are usually only issued with first pressings of discs by the studios. At this point, it's unlikely you'll receive a slipcover with these movies as they've been out for so long.

Rule of thumb: If you want to guarantee a slipcover with your movie, get the movie within the first couple of months it comes out.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']It's not Amazon that chooses to ship movies with or without slipcovers. Slipcovers are usually only issued with first pressings of discs by the studios. At this point, it's unlikely you'll receive a slipcover with these movies as they've been out for so long.

Rule of thumb: If you want to guarantee a slipcover with your movie, get the movie within the first couple of months it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I know both Target and Walmart have these for $15 each in store and have the slip covers. I just keep waiting for them to go down in price a little.

[quote name='jumpman17']Alright, thanks. I know both Target and Walmart have these for $15 each in store and have the slip covers. I just keep waiting for them to go down in price a little.[/QUOTE]
Ooh, dude, my mistake. It looks like these are re-released, 2-disc sets. I was under the impression these were the first ones that were released on blu-ray years ago.

After reading what you said and looking at the cover art on blu-ray.com, I think you have a good chance of getting them with slipcovers when you order them from Amazon. Of course, I can't say with 100% certainty you will receive slips but I think the chances are pretty okay.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, jumpman17. I hope you don't wait too long for it to go cheaper. $8.96 (+ tax if applicable) is a pretty nice deal for these! I'd hate for you to miss out.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Ooh, dude, my mistake. It looks like these are re-released, 2-disc sets. I was under the impression these were the first ones that were released on blu-ray years ago.

After reading what you said and looking at the cover art on blu-ray.com, I think you have a good chance of getting them with slipcovers when you order them from Amazon. Of course, I can't say with 100% certainty you will receive slips but I think the chances are pretty okay.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, jumpman17. I hope you don't wait too long for it to go cheaper. $8.96 (+ tax if applicable) is a pretty nice deal for these! I'd hate for you to miss out.[/QUOTE]

These are 3-disc sets as far as I can see.

Odds are you're probably going to get the slipcovers on Amazon anyway, but even if you didn't you can contact Disney and get the slipcovers (Disney calls them "O-Sleeves") for $3.95 for the first and $1 for each additional. So even if all three didn't come with slips, that's an extra $5.95 to get them which still works out much cheaper than buying the movies for $15 a piece.

Here's a page with the contact info: http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/detail_TOPSUPP_DiscReplace__SUPPORT.html

Ooh... crap. I'm still asleep this morning. Thanks, ssjmichael. I'm going to go ahead and stop posting in this thread now. I don't want to spread anymore bad information. Apologies all around!

Last note: I hope everyone who purchases this from Amazon gets the complete product they wish to own! :cool:

Thanks ssjmichael... well sorta. I already have POTC1 on DVD, wasn't planning on getting it on Blu, but considered it yesterday and took the plunge today when the price dropped another buck. Not sure if I should have saved the $9 but it's a done deal now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Odds are you're probably going to get the slipcovers on Amazon anyway, but even if you didn't you can contact Disney and get the slipcovers (Disney calls them "O-Sleeves") for $3.95 for the first and $1 for each additional. So even if all three didn't come with slips, that's an extra $5.95 to get them which still works out much cheaper than buying the movies for $15 a piece.

Here's a page with the contact info: http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/detail_TOPSUPP_DiscReplace__SUPPORT.html[/QUOTE]
I didn't know they did this! I might take them up on that for Ponyo.

Yeah sometimes they don't have them when you call them, but apparently if you send the request by mail with a check you have better luck. Someone at blu-ray.com for instance recently got some for titles in the vault like Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Pinnochio (see pic below).

He even created a template of the letter he wrote to them in the thread (scroll down): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=151870&highlight=template&page=239

So basically you send a written request with the title and catalog number and a check for $3.95 +$1 for each additional title (up to 12 I believe) to the following address and payable to WDSHE:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

img20120430143508.jpg

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is this deal dead?[/QUOTE]

Look for Amazon under the sellers. The are now shipping 9-12 days out so they don't list themselves first.

Ordered Curse of the Black Pearl, but on the fence about the sequels (Dead Man's Chest and At World's End kind of dragged).

Any compelling reasons to complete the trilogy besides it being super cheap for a blu/dvd combo?

yeah i got all with slips today but after saw the 1 & 3 slips diferent than my older release of dead man chest....might consider to rebuy the new one and sell the older release....

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ordered Curse of the Black Pearl, but on the fence about the sequels (Dead Man's Chest and At World's End kind of dragged).

Any compelling reasons to complete the trilogy besides it being super cheap for a blu/dvd combo?[/QUOTE]

All of my friends have said "meh" on the third one but plenty of them liked the second one.

I can't even remember much of what happens in the second except for the Kraken and squidface. The money saved will just have to be diverted.

Great deal for anyone that doesn't already have it though.

What's with Amazon's laggy shipping lately? I'm in no rush for the movies, but I ordered one of 'em Tuesday morning (May 15th) and it's not going to be here 'till the 23rd according to their estimates. For someone with a Prime account, that's surprising to see. I've never had them fail before. Probably because people like me are paying 'em a hefty amount for better service. ;)

Oh, and the other one supposedly won't be on my doorstep until the 31st, but that makes sense... given it's, you know, out of stock. Whatever the case, I'm glad to have the entire collection in my grasp now; but now the problem's that I own the Blu-ray-only copies of Curse and Stranger Tides and since they don't have slipcovers and people seem to froth over 'em, I'll probably end up selling/giving out the ones these new copies might have to someone who'd appreciate them more, too.

Whatever the case and above all else, thanks for posting the deal.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']What's with Amazon's laggy shipping lately? I'm in no rush for the movies, but I ordered one of 'em Tuesday morning (May 15th) and it's not going to be here 'till the 23rd according to their estimates. For someone with a Prime account, that's surprising to see. I've never had them fail before. Probably because people like me are paying 'em a hefty amount for better service. ;)

Oh, and the other one supposedly won't be on my doorstep until the 31st, but that makes sense... given it's, you know, out of stock. Whatever the case, I'm glad to have the entire collection in my grasp now; but now the problem's that I own the Blu-ray-only copies of Curse and Stranger Tides and since they don't have slipcovers and people seem to froth over 'em, I'll probably end up selling/giving out the ones these new copies might have to someone who'd appreciate them more, too.

Whatever the case and above all else, thanks for posting the deal.[/QUOTE]

When deals like this come through they sell more than their stock and have extended ship times to wait for a restocking. You're warned in advance that you won't get your 2 day shipping prior to your order.

[quote name='ZForce915']All of my friends have said "meh" on the third one but plenty of them liked the second one.[/QUOTE]

Opposite for me. Third one was way better than the second. There is a lot more color and exciting action instead of the dark voodoo crap in the second. The opening sequence in the 3rd movie was amazing.

My movie preference on PotC is:

1>4>3>2

It's a personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

[quote name='Mr.Phelps']Got all 3 from Amazon with slips. Ordered them late Monday night & still got them on Wednesday with my 30 day trial of Prime.:)[/QUOTE]
Im hoping mine has the slips too.

bread's done
Back