Pixar's next movie, and no, it's not Cars 3.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Looks cool.

Do we really need an Incredibles 2?[/QUOTE]If the can make a sequel to Cars, then we can certainly have another movie for The Incredibles.

Not that I know how profitable the merchandising for the Incredibles is, but Cars is far and away the most profitable Pixar franchise. For child age males, the Cars franchise fights with Bob the Builder, Spongebob, and Thomas the Tank Engine for the top franchise. It only makes sense to put out a sequel even if Cars is low quality by Pixar standards.

If Incredibles doesn't make them much money outside the box office, they might just stick with making new IP instead.

Going back and watching The Incredibles, it really wasn't as funny as I remember. And Cars 2 has been getting terrible reviews. We don't need sequels from Pixar. They do better with original stuff.

[quote name='slickkill77']Going back and watching The Incredibles, it really wasn't as funny as I remember. And Cars 2 has been getting terrible reviews. We don't need sequels from Pixar. They do better with original stuff.[/QUOTE]

Toy Story 2 and 3 beg to differ. The problem is not that Cars 2 is a sequel, but that Cars wasn't strong enough to warrant a sequel in the first place, from a film-making perspective. However, it 100% warranted a sequel from a merchandising perspective, and thus we have Cars 2. Sucks, but that's how it goes.

I wasn't a huge fan of Cars or the Incredibles. Owen Wilson's voice killed it for me in Cars and I just didn't see the overall appeal of the Incredibles. I do agree with Rocko's statement that Pixar sequels are fine as long as the original movie had a solid theme or plot to build off of. Cars didn't and the only thing that the Incredibles could do would be to portray Jack Jack's development as a superhero.

[quote name='shrike4242']If the can make a sequel to Cars, then we can certainly have another movie for The Incredibles.[/QUOTE]

Incredibles is the second-worst-rated Pixar movie, which is absolutely astounding. Bug's Life being the worst? Alright, I'm on board. Incredibles being the next step up? Holy shit.

[quote name='Strell']Incredibles is the second-worst-rated Pixar movie, which is absolutely astounding. Bug's Life being the worst? Alright, I'm on board. Incredibles being the next step up? Holy shit.[/QUOTE]

Which site are you looking at? Rotten Tomatoes rated The Incredibles at 97%, which puts it above A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., Cars, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Cars 2.

Metacritic rated it a 90, which puts it above Finding Nemo, Toy Story 2, Up, Monsters Inc., A Bug's Life, Cars, and Cars 2.

Personally, I find the RT rating far more accurate (although I think I liked Monsters Inc. better).

I really didn't think Toy Story 3 wasn't that great. That movie seems to live off of nostalgia only. I'm not saying Toy Story 3 was terrible but it definitely wasn't memorable at all. It was Pixar going through the motions.

The Incredibles was very good IMHO. If you were looking at it strictly as comedy you'd probably be disappointed. It wasn't trying to be as funny as other Pixar movies. It wasn't really a comedy, though it certainly had humor. Admittedly it's been a while since I saw it, but I definitely liked it at the time.

To me the worst Pixar movie, as seen the first time, was the one with the chef, the name of which is escaping me at the moment, which was highly rated too, but I thought was pretty forgettable. Mind you, it's relative. It was still enjoyable, it just didn't wow me. Well, Cars is probably worse, but I have to admit that on the first viewing, and even the second, Cars was more enjoyable. The problem with Cars is that, unlike most Pixar movies, it gets worse with subsequent viewings, not better.

slick - I thought Toy Story 3 was *fabulous*. I thought both TS2 and TS3 were better then TS1. Well, when we first saw TS1 it was an experience and it is a great movie, but both of the sequels were better films IMHO.

bread's done
Back