Plain Sight $2

Ouch to the people who bought this offa' the Gamersgate sale....

Hurray for the people that didn't!!! (Myself included :))

*edit*

pulling out of 4 pack. No reason to buy a game when you cannot play it due to little or no population. Sure i expect a temporarily rise in players, but it will just dwindle out again within a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='animalspinners']Steam forums say the servers are completely empty and the game has no player base to speak of... since it's an online MP game, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

What better way to give it a shot in the arm than with a huge sale, amiright?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']What better way to give it a shot in the arm than with a huge sale, amiright?[/QUOTE]

Plus it's got bots, so for $1.50-$2 it's a go for me.

I have to agree with Kosmos. No server population or local co-op and a low Metacritic score doesn't make the $1.50/$2.00 acceptable to me.

I love cheap games, but I still want content.

[quote name='Spank']I'm in for a pack if anyones got a spot![/QUOTE]

ditto

EDIT: got mine

I am on steam all the time, I'll try to buy a 4 pack when I get home, but if anyone wants to be nice and send me one, I will pay back by playing countless games online!! :D

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I have to agree with Kosmos. No server population or local co-op and a low Metacritic score doesn't make the $1.50/$2.00 acceptable to me.

I love cheap games, but I still want content.[/QUOTE]

76% is hardly a low metacritic score.

[quote name='animalspinners']Steam forums say the servers are completely empty and the game has no player base to speak of... since it's an online MP game, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]
Servers are empty because players are in the bathroom puking. Have you guys checked out the YouTube vids? The game has a cool concept (suicidal robots + katanas = awesome), but the camera looks like playing SMG on a roller coaster.

I just bought it and just finished playing my first two rounds.

I have no problem finding a game, it's not much but there's probably more than 15 server that is playing when I browse it earlier.

Have no problem finding a suitable ping from my location either (which is a surprise considering)

Pleasantly surprised with this. It's a simple and fun game, easily worth the $1.5/$2 sale price.

Purchased a 4-pack, but not to help advance the player base. ;)

$6 divided by 4 is $1.50, so if you'd like one of my giftable copies then send me a PM and we can work out the PayPal.

Was about to buy a 4-pack, but I'm concerned about the lack of staying power. If no one is playing in a week, there's no sense in buying it.

About this game:

"Plain Sight is a multiplayer arcade game about suicidal ninja robots."

Cool, so does this have Will Smith in it?

Picked it up. It played hella-awkward for the first 30 or so minutes.

I could see myself getting into it, though.

Nice. I wouldn't worry about empty servers, this sale will boost the population enough for everyone to get their $2 worth over the next couple of months. Maybe some will stick around even longer, and there's always the possibility of a free weekend/additional sales to boost the player base again in the future.

Not even worth free. This was such a bad game I bought months ago. Don't even accept a free gift from it. Between servers that will be dead in a week and the ability to unbind your keyboard keys and not being able to restore (even after re-installing), shows up little effort this company put in the game. DONT BUY

Buying a 4-pack
PM me for a slot.

$1.50 is low enough that I won't mind if it leaves me with a phantom copy in some indie bundle down the road.

Slot 1: vikingvessel (completed)
Slot 2: fr9 (completed)
Slot 3: bto (completed)

At under $2, it's hard to say no. It could be just terrible, and in all likelihood would still bring its 1.50 worth of enjoyment.

Still have one more spot left in my 4-pack... I've received a few PM's, but you guys are offline, and this being the second time I've done this I now kinda understand how these things work. If you're online at this exact moment and want to knock it out, PM me. Last slot!

[quote name='cheapo72']Buying a 4-pack
PM me for a slot.

$1.50 is low enough that I won't mind if it leaves me with a phantom copy in some indie bundle down the road.

Slot 1: vikingvessel (completed)
Slot 2: fr9
Slot 3:[/QUOTE]
PM'd.

I bought a four pack yesterday planning to give three copies away, only to find I couldn't activate it because their servers were down or overloaded. Without activating it, you can't do anything. ugh...

[quote name='bbowers']I bought a four pack yesterday planning to give three copies away, only to find I couldn't activate it because their servers were down or overloaded. Without activating it, you can't do anything. ugh...[/QUOTE]

It's annoying when games on steam rely on external accounts and authentication systems which prevent you from even playing without additional usernames and passwords and registration. It's super annoying when it's for a small indie game and that system is unreliable or unable to cope with the obvious results of a massive sale.

Most at least let you do single player when the 3rd party servers are down, it's stupid that Plain Sight locks even its practice mode without a registered account and working server. Not to mention it won't work at all in offline mode.

That said, the servers seem to be back up, or maybe at least less loaded right now, I was finally able to register earlier this morning without any problems. The system also lets you download a copy from the game's site and run it sans Steam, which might be of interest to some of the folks who aren't huge fans of Steam.

[quote name='bitter1961']
Most at least let you do single player when the 3rd party servers are down, it's stupid that Plain Sight locks even its practice mode without a registered account and working server. Not to mention it won't work at all in offline mode..[/QUOTE]

Wow... so if, for some reason, the developers pull the server the game ends up being unplayable?

[quote name='animalspinners']Wow... so if, for some reason, the developers pull the server the game ends up being unplayable?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to (modern) PC Gaming :lol:. But yeah, without a working auth server / internet connection, the game is nothing but language selection and a login screen.

Still, the developers seem to be involved with their community, and after the bad will generated by the servers being down for all the new players, I'd guess there's a good chance they'll patch out the authentication, or at least get an offline mode working for single player. It's been known to happen before.

Was able to finally register my account today and played a bit, seems pretty cool. I'm not very good at it yet but it's unusual and kind of neat. Bit of a bummer that achievements don't work when you're playing against bots if the player count dies down later, but at the moment it seems fairly well populated.

I have sent responses to the first two PMs I received. free copies are now claimed. Sorry if you missed out guys!

Grabbed a 4 pack. I like people that say they don't want the game because no one else plays. . . Maybe all those people had the same attitude. It's 2 bucks people, get on the ball.

bread's done
Back