Planetside 2 Discussion - Out Now!

Wow good times last night. I got in and was invited to a squad. We were Vanu pushing on a TR base. We were about to get a couple caps in when the NC showed up and ruined our plans. We tried to cap this same point for awhile, but there were too many to fight between the other two factions. So our platoon leader got annoyed, and had everyone meet clear on the far East side of the map. Then we just pushed upwards. We took all the NC territory in a line up the East side, then was working on a large base towards the center. We capped it without much trouble, then the NC tried to take it back. We all loaded up in a Sunderer (a full load of 12!) and retook a couple outlying points. While we did that, NC were able to get a good lock down on B and C points, so we had to take them back. At this time, the Squad had become a full 3 squad platoon, and I somehow was in charge of Beta Squad. Our platoon leader was giving orders, and people actually followed them. He had A Squad (his squad) suit up as Maxes, Heavy Infantry, and Engineers, C Squad defended points, and my Squad all took tanks and took out their vehicle support.

We took back the points, and all the surrounding area. When we were done we had taken the entire right side of the map, and partway into the left. NC only had a couple small territories left, and the rest was TR territory. We were estimating we had 70% of the map when I finally went to bed.

This game is SO much better with a group who knows what they are doing.

Yeah, sometimes things just click like that. All too often what happens is there's not a strong group of players to lead the lemmings and everything breaks down. Once a group does start smashing though, everyone wants to be in on it. It takes a strong community to pull off and sadly guilds like that have died off ever since MMOs started being carebear for the casuals.

[quote name='kirby145']I'd love to play, if anyone has a key. :drool:[/QUOTE]
I have a key for you if you still need one.

Big update with a new continent, certs, weapons, and capture mechanics. Check it out!

[quote name='krevee']I just signed up and waiting for a key, but if anyone has a key to spare that would be awesome :)[/QUOTE]

Sent you a key - When you get one share with others.

Wish I had a way to get two keys so a friend and I could play this before it goes Live and mess around a bit. I'm guessing existing beta users get one to give out after playing a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']Wish I had a way to get two keys so a friend and I could play this before it goes Live and mess around a bit. I'm guessing existing beta users get one to give out after playing a bit?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, one came in the last newsletter they sent out for me.

Played it for quite a bit Sunday with just my friend and I and it's definitely much better if you're with a larger group of people. Although I did enjoy placing a squad spawning beacon nearby a base that was defended with about 10 guys or so with just my friend and I attacking as a smaller squad in some parts.

I do have to say that it feels like AA is insanely strong against the offensive air vehicles. Might improve after upgrades, but my god did we get destroyed anytime we went into one and went anywhere remotely near a base.

The zerg though... my god, the zerg. So much death.

[quote name='Draekon']I do have to say that it feels like AA is insanely strong against the offensive air vehicles. Might improve after upgrades, but my god did we get destroyed anytime we went into one and went anywhere remotely near a base.[/QUOTE]
Thank god something is strong against them, because there was a time when they were just dominating. The only thing that really brought them down was the rocket launcher that homed in and always hit. I think it's a good thing bases can defend well against air strikes; just means that a ground assault has to take out the turrets before jets can move in to carpet bomb.

Planetside 2 beta keys.

P3MJ39ECH7M6K92H2HNE
2REZ9ETJA3CC4GMK4KK4
JCPJH3EKEZMHXPNDECKT
AGAT36D2NZ6M47J2CTF2
7C4FHNGEDZHGTARHTA9M

More beta keys

JFT67KR3FEN274J94AP3
A649DPXRJNM23HAG3K3K
H4F94HFKNCKHEH7XPERG
K99JAPTZMFMMMP7ZRNX9
NADPT3G4D7KRC69C7JPC

Used one of the codes and gave one to a friend of mine, thanks. We've been looking for something fun to fuck around with when we're not grinding in WoW or losing in LoL. We're both in the Firefall beta, which is cool but the pvp in Planetside looks like a lot of fun.

More keys for anyone:

7ENM-CPAD-436H-TZRR-9P3C
RF3H-XZMZ-H4H9-2CGH-AAMM
3Z6X-ZNC7-A4DP-H2X4-DEJH
F7XP-FD6D-6R33-Z74J-THH2
9TDE-MZRF-22DE-N2RF-PT3C
DJDH-F292-XAFP-CKGA-EH3Z

Keeping the key train rollin

ZEHMZ92DPF6M37XTDZFX
XJAJTH2HT4REPDJ46PGZ
EZME4ZF43GZFRAERK2J9
ANE7ZRK77NNR7X7P9FHF
NH6CFAR4KXT6EHZ9C9DF

More keys:

T6ZNFATMTAJMZE34GJPZ
KH9R37GRKXHCHXZ77EHZ
K9J7GCM9KK922F3AKE3E
6FF6T9D33AGNMEZ667XC
CHM9ZAHTT3MH24ZRKZN4
6RF6CZTZGRFX4CER4KAH
HN99FHTZPGPEMKG67PGX
6F2KZXGMXK2EK3F4GN9H
9Z3DJ77MNC7ZFZH293KN

So I didn't play this game during the beta but I'm playing now and man is it fun.
The only gripe I have with it is how expensive new weapons and some of the upgrades are.

I just started playing this past weekend. One thing I was pleasantly suprised with was the already high level of teamwork going on. GASP not everyone spawns as sniper and vehicles will wait for you!

[quote name='spedmunki']I just started playing this past weekend. One thing I was pleasantly suprised with was the already high level of teamwork going on. GASP not everyone spawns as sniper and vehicles will wait for you![/QUOTE]

It's ONLY good if people are working as teams. If you get lucky and get grouped into a good team, it's great though. A well organized army can pretty much take over the map if they want. However I have gone in and my entire army was all running around clueless.

Triple Station Cash today only + Double XP through Jan 2nd!!!

If you haven't played this yet, you should try it out for free at the very least. Got to have a mic and find a good squad/platoon to play with to really take advantage of the fun, otherwise it will get overwhelming and you'll just get bored within an hour or two lonewolfing it.

I'll give personal tutorials over teamspeak on how to play like a vet/pro. There's a lot to the game and noobs can easily get lost on how to play the game correctly, even when watching the silly sony tutorials that really don't explain even 1/10th of the game.

I'm on Soltech server as Vanu. Bazitron.

[quote name='JBaz']I'll give personal tutorials over teamspeak on how to play like a vet/pro.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? I thought pros used Skype, AMIRITE?! :lol:

bread's done
Back