Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare $10 off any platform & Free DLC w/ the purchase of specially marked Cheetos @ Target

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Cheetos® team-up with Target® and Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare to bring players exclusive DLC characters, $10 savings, and an abundance of custom prizes

Beginning August 19th, all specially marked Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Cheetos snacks will get you $10 off the game on any platform, and a code to redeem online. That single redemption will get you ALL of the following:

1) A code for your platform of choice (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, or PlayStation 4) granting you Dr. Chester and Chester Chomper characters in-game, in addition to a Craaazy Sticker Pack containing a mix of consumables, accessories, and items.
2) An entry to win a custom designed Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or a custom controller in the daily* sweepstakes

Each code redeemed after that will grant you an additional Craaazy Sticker Pack, and another entry into the sweepstakes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/plants-vs-zombies/cheetos-team-up-with-target-and-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/10152211071830178

they have PC codes, check the website linked.

i didnt realize the gift card thing was for buying the game with a bag of snacks.

if anything ill just grab one of the peelies from the bags and redeem for the code.

they have PC codes, check the website linked.

i didnt realize the gift card thing was for buying the game with a bag of snacks.

if anything ill just grab one of the peelies from the bags and redeem for the code.
If you want the code, buy the cheetos, don't steal the code.

Thanks OP, had this game on my radar for a while, and from the looks of it one of the few truly co-op games on PS4.

Sent this to a friend, hope she picks up the game too

This game is fun. Play it with my kids without feeling guilty about the violence. Looks good and can get challenging on higher difficulty. Doesn't need any special campaign mode to be fun.

I played it on PC last night with EA's demo time thing and really enjoyed it; I was planning on picking up the PS4 version anyway but now I know it's fun.  Curious to see how this code/coupon/whatever thing shakes out but I'll get it after work regardless.

Well that was a bust. Target doesn't even have the Cheetos that has the DLC, let alone the PS4 copy. They were all confused.

It'd be nice if EA did a price drop to $19.99 before this offer ends. I'd pick it up for sure at the $10 price point.

Well that was a bust. Target doesn't even have the Cheetos that has the DLC, let alone the PS4 copy. They were all confused.
Most grocery stores rely on a separate vendor to handle chips and soda restocking, so you may have to wait until whenever the Lays/Cheetos rep shows up to refresh the aisle.

Most grocery stores rely on a separate vendor to handle chips and soda restocking, so you may have to wait until whenever the Lays/Cheetos rep shows up to refresh the aisle.
Yeah. They told me though, they just restocked them earlier in the morning so I'm not sure. Hopefully it comes soon. I'll check a different Target later though.

I just got back to work from Target.  Not even worth it.

They had no Cheetos with the DLC, didn't know anything about the promotion, and only had 2 copies of the PS4 version.

The Cheetos that you have to buy are $5, so it really is a crap deal.

This is why I don't shop at retail stores

I just got back to work from Target. Not even worth it.

They had no Cheetos with the DLC, didn't know anything about the promotion, and only had 2 copies of the PS4 version.

The Cheetos that you have to buy are $5, so it really is a crap deal.

This is why I don't shop at retail stores
Yeah, they're the party sizes. I wonder if Pop Cap typo'd the promotion on their FB page. What if that $10 off was the $10 GC? Then It's not worth it at that point imo. Rather just go to BB with GCU if that's the case.

I'll check my Target in a little bit since it's just down the street are from my work. Here's hoping hot Cheetos are included. Not a big fan of the cheese ones but I can eat the hot ones until I die. 

Yeah, they're the party sizes. I wonder if Pop Cap typo'd the promotion on their FB page. What if that $10 off was the $10 GC? Then It's not worth it at that point imo. Rather just go to BB with GCU if that's the case.
Who knows. Doesn't seem like it needs to be this complicated.

Ok I went this morning and as confirmed no cheetos and low stock of the game for PS4 but.......

I was checking out in electronics and there was a sheet with the stickers for the cheetos bags on it with a note to place on the corner of the bag...  so I got the DLC but there was no mention of size or any way to apply the $10 off even though I showed them the official post from cheetos...

So I just payed full price and they said to contact the promotions department who is running this. Either way I was going to pay full price for this but I would of loved the $10 off so now I have a bag of cheetos lol .. I will leave them out at work they will be gone quick lol..

Update: 

Here is the site to enter codes:    PVZGARDENWARFARE.COM/CHEETOS

I entered the code on my sticker and of course it says "code not valid" looking to be a disaster all around with this promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I went this morning and as confirmed no cheetos and low stock of the game for PS4 but.......

I was checking out in electronics and there was a sheet with the stickers for the cheetos bags on it with a note to place on the corner of the bag... so I got the DLC but there was no mention of size or any way to apply the $10 off even though I showed them the official post from cheetos...

So I just payed full price and they said to contact the promotions department who is running this. Either way I was going to pay full price for this but I would of loved the $10 off so now I have a bag of cheetos lol .. I will leave them out at work they will be gone quick lol..
It's looking like the 10$ off is just the gift card. I am going to have to go back and see if they have the stickers for my code.

I was checking out in electronics and there was a sheet with the stickers for the cheetos bags on it with a note to place on the corner of the bag... so I got the DLC but there was no mention of size or any way to apply the $10 off even though I showed them the official post from cheetos...

Update:

Here is the site to enter codes: PVZGARDENWARFARE.COM/CHEETOS

I entered the code on my sticker and of course it says "code not valid" looking to be a disaster all around with this promo.
Did you get a $10 GC from buying both the game and the Cheetos?

Did you get a $10 GC from buying both the game and the Cheetos?
No they didnt know anything about it.. this whole promo seems to be a disaster... Im going to have to go back then and find out about the GC....

I see now it had to be a certain sized bag.. I got the small one.. oh well im not going back to buy a bigger bag lol

I'm not seeing anything on the website about Target. Maybe this is taking place everywhere but Target is sweetening the deal by including a $10 giftcard?

I'm not seeing anything on the website about Target. Maybe this is taking place everywhere but Target is sweetening the deal by including a $10 giftcard?
Its in the Target ad "Get a $10GC for buying the game and cheetos sizes 14.5oz-20oz.... The whole $10 off thing looks to be a misprint off that Facebook post originally advertising the DLC.. They confused the $10 off with a GC which you have to buy to get....

It was a mess

Its in the Target ad "Get a $10GC for buying the game and cheetos sizes 14.5oz-20oz.... The whole $10 off thing looks to be a misprint off that Facebook post originally advertising the DLC.. They confused the $10 off with a GC which you have to buy to get....

It was a mess
Oh, it's a total mess, but from what I'm reading, it just sounds like you can buy a bag of Cheetos from anywhere that has the sticker in order to get the free DLC. However the $10 giftcard at Target seems to be their own thing they're doing.

Then again, I have no idea. A mess is right.

Oh, it's a total mess, but from what I'm reading, it just sounds like you can buy a bag of Cheetos from anywhere that has the sticker in order to get the free DLC. However the $10 giftcard at Target seems to be their own thing they're doing.

Then again, I have no idea. A mess is right.
Yeah going forward any marked bag should have a code for DLC you are right, when they will show up in the wild im not sure most likely depending on rotating stock... as far as this Target ordeal it is not a smooth promotion :)

Come on guys, you know you have to buy the large bags of Cheetos to qualify for this?!?!  Ain't nobody got time for that . . .

2IRSnHM.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I went to a second Target to try. I asked about the stickers and they were still clueless. They gave me a blank look like I was crazy. The guy basically went and said yeah I don't know sorry and left. Worst experience there.

I'm a sales rep for Frito Lay.  Typically, stores with these kinds of exclusive promotions get the product through their own warehouse/delivery truck, not through a Frito Lay sales rep.  While I don't have a Target on my route, the Cheetos I delivered today at Giant Eagle and Walmart didn't have any special stuff for PvZ.  I highly doubt our warehouse is sending out special Cheetos for just Target.  Chances are our sales reps with Targets either have stickers they're supposed to put on the bag after the fact, or they are delivered via Target trucks.  I'm off until Friday, but I'll ask one of the reps that has a Target when I go back.

Edit: didn't read that thoroughly, guess it is stickers.  If they're from us and not Target I'll see if I can get my hands on some.  Stickers are hit and miss though, if the rep is lazy he might not bother putting them on if he doesn't think it's worth the time

Found sticker on big bag of cheetos puffs at target in Bel Air, MD.  Got home and tried to enter the code and site says it's not valid.  Giant fail!

Found sticker on big bag of cheetos puffs at target in Bel Air, MD. Got home and tried to enter the code and site says it's not valid. Giant fail!
I really think there's something up with the site, everone I've seen on here, FB or Twitter that has gotten the code has said they've been invalid when entered. I just got my answer though on the stickers, I sa w someone post it on Twitter, it's a code inside the sticker.

Wtf? So if the sales rep doesn't do their job, the entire promo is a fail?
Exactly. And having worked at Target for 6+ years, I can tell you most won't do this. It'll get shuffled up with the managers paperwork(or whoever gets it) and will sit there. Maybe if corporate pays attention to what's going on (unlikely) they may get a memo about it, but this was a pretty poor promo on everyones part.

Edit: when you say the sales reps fault, it's Target's fault, not Frito Lay. Sounds like these stickers were sent to Target by EA to be applied by Target.

Between this game for the XBOX ONE and the PS4..which is the better version to get? I dont have the XBOX ONE yet but was going to hold off getting this game if its better on the xbox one..like maybe it contains extra things

So has anyone tried to PM the XB1 version with amazon and still gotten the free gift card? Amazon has it for 29.77.

Between this game for the XBOX ONE and the PS4..which is the better version to get? I dont have the XBOX ONE yet but was going to hold off getting this game if its better on the xbox one..like maybe it contains extra things
It's a basic enough game so that there really isn't any huge difference between the two. Nothing you'd really notice. But if you go with the X1, you can always just pay $30 a year to get the EA Access which will include PvZ GW.

I think the ps4 version runs at 1080p to the X1's 900p

It's a basic enough game so that there really isn't any huge difference between the two. Nothing you'd really notice. But if you go with the X1, you can always just pay $30 a year to get the EA Access which will include PvZ GW.
When did they add PVZ to the vault?

PS4 has better resolution at 1080p/60 where the Xbox One is 900p/60 but the community on the Xbox One is probably greater for the time being as the game has been out since February and has seen numerous sales so the game is in a lot more hands, but with the installed base of the PS4 that likely won't be the case for long.

And both versions have the same online access and the same DLC? Maybe I will just go with the PS4 version..not interested in paying 30 bucks a year for the EA access

PS4 has better resolution at 1080p/60 where the Xbox One is 900p/60 but the community on the Xbox One is probably greater for the time being as the game has been out since February and has seen numerous sales so the game is in a lot more hands, but with the installed base of the PS4 that likely won't be the case for long.
Thanks for the info..and the community is necessary to play the game?

Thanks for the info..and the community is necessary to play the game?
The game is online multiplayer only so the community is vital to the game.

Edit: I should note there is a local co-op mode, this runs at only 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 so there's another advantage for the PS4 version.

The game is online multiplayer only so the community is vital to the game.

Edit: I should note there is a local co-op mode, this runs at only 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 so there's another advantage for the PS4 version.
Sounds like the PS4 version is the better choice..gonna call Target to see if they have it plus the Cheetos bag in stock

bread's done
Back