Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare $10 off any platform & Free DLC w/ the purchase of specially marked Cheetos @ Target

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Cheetos® team-up with Target® and Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare to bring players exclusive DLC characters, $10 savings, and an abundance of custom prizes

Beginning August 19th, all specially marked Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Cheetos snacks will get you $10 off the game on any platform, and a code to redeem online. That single redemption will get you ALL of the following:

1) A code for your platform of choice (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, or PlayStation 4) granting you Dr. Chester and Chester Chomper characters in-game, in addition to a Craaazy Sticker Pack containing a mix of consumables, accessories, and items.
2) An entry to win a custom designed Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or a custom controller in the daily* sweepstakes

Each code redeemed after that will grant you an additional Craaazy Sticker Pack, and another entry into the sweepstakes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/plants-vs-zombies/cheetos-team-up-with-target-and-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/10152211071830178

Come on guys, you know you have to buy the large bags of Cheetos to qualify for this?!?! Ain't nobody got time for that . . .

2IRSnHM.jpg
If it weren't for the dude, that would qualify as the "sexiest pic I've ever seen".

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has an extra code for the Exclusive charecter's I would appreciate them don't have a Target nearby but would enjoy adding a couple new charecter's to my roster for Xbox One.
Thanks,
TJ

The game is online multiplayer only so the community is vital to the game.

Edit: I should note there is a local co-op mode, this runs at only 30fps on the Xbox One and 60fps on the PS4 so there's another advantage for the PS4 version.
And I'm not sure if PS4 version has its own version of the Smartglass mode either. Which can be helpful when you're watching TV, but still want to play with friends.

No luck at my target. I read this thread so I knew what to expect, showed the guy the advertisement in the ad, clearly explained there were stickers that were to be placed on the bags, but to no avail, eventually he had just told me this is going to be part of the restock tomorrow and that frito lay should have it. Obviously I knew this was not true after reading this thread but I thanked him for his time anyways. Oddly enough, they had cheeto bags in the gaming area but I checked all of them and no sticker whatsoever. At first I wondered if someone may have taken the stickers off but I really don't think target has put them out.

Either way, i'm not going to waste my time until I get some confirmations in this thread that target is getting their act together. I still want those free characters though.

No luck at my target. I read this thread so I knew what to expect, showed the guy the advertisement in the ad, clearly explained there were stickers that were to be placed on the bags, but to no avail, eventually he had just told me this is going to be part of the restock tomorrow and that frito lay should have it. Obviously I knew this was not true after reading this thread but I thanked him for his time anyways. Oddly enough, they had cheeto bags in the gaming area but I checked all of them and no sticker whatsoever. At first I wondered if someone may have taken the stickers off but I really don't think target has put them out.

Either way, i'm not going to waste my time until I get some confirmations in this thread that target is getting their act together. I still want those free characters though.
I saw the shelf underneath the games on the front endcap and that was where the Cheetos were supposed to go(saw the shelf tag for them). But...all empty. Electronic guy said he did not know where they were and to check back at the end of the week when they "might" get them lol. Don't care one way or the other, just trying to get information cuz I was in there to get spiderman 2 blu ray anyway. BTW, he did scan that Cheeto shelf tag and the DCPI showed no stock anywhere in store, so its not like they were in the back.

I saw the shelf underneath the games on the front endcap and that was where the Cheetos were supposed to go(saw the shelf tag for them). But...all empty. Electronic guy said he did not know where they were and to check back at the end of the week when they "might" get them lol. Don't care one way or the other, just trying to get information cuz I was in there to get spiderman 2 blu ray anyway. BTW, he did scan that Cheeto shelf tag and the DCPI showed no stock anywhere in store, so its not like they were in the back.
the first of the 2 Targets I went to had a clerk actually stocking the Cheetos section of the chips aisle but no PvZ themed bags
He asked if he could help and I told him what I as looking for ... he said he had to stock a bottom shelf in electronics last night
So I go over to electronics and all bags were standard Cheetos fare ... Hesitated to walk out since they only had 2 copies of the game but did

went to a second Target and no bags of any kind in electronics and those in the grocery aisle were not specially marked as well
bought the game and a regular $4.49 bag of Cheetos and got the $10 GC during checkout
would rather not risk losing the GC than to wait on the correct Cheetos bag since stores seemed limited with game stock
I can always go back and exchange the Cheetos if the bonus content is that important to me

I do hate it though when retailers can't get their sh$# together and properly execute on a promotion

It needs to be said agin, this promo is a huge fiasco. No Cheetos at all and no PS4/PS3 copies at one Target, the other Target I went to had PS4 copies and some Cheetos, but no stickers. The guy in Electronics looked at me like I had 10 heads when I explained it to him, knew nothing about the promotion, didn't even know a gift card came with it until the system prompted him. I have a hunch they'll start giving the DLC away a different way after all the negative feedback they've gotten on FB and Twitter.

The target by my area looked like they were tryin hard to let go of their cheetos bags. (Buy two for $3) No sign of the ones with the PvZ stickers on them though :/

Finally! I got one. Third time, and this time, all the party sizes had the stickers on them. My little bro will be excited to see them tomorrow.

it is not stealing if the code is a sticker on the outside of the package.

if it was a card inside the bag, and i ripped it open to grab it and leave, then that would be stealing.
The stickers are actually hard to pull off. I feel like I'd rip the bag open trying to pull it off.

Stopped by Target they had the Cheetos, a ton of them, but no PS4 copies so I just bought it at BB.

At first I really regretted my purchase and I was planning on trading it in later today but I gave it another shot and enjoyed a round of Garden Ops a lot. The competitive multi rubbed me the wrong way a bit at the start tho. I also HATE the slow pace of everything, does that change?

With Titanfall still on my backlog and Destiny comnig out I do feel like this was a bad purchase overall since I'll forget about it in 3 weeks but if local co-op with the GF takes off maybe I'll not trade it in. Also picked up the blue DS4 today too.

As I assumed not even worth attempting to go to the store yet.

Thanks CAGs for not allowing me waste any time with target.  :)

I hope they have some when I go Friday to get that new Wiz album. I don't even want the $10 off, I just want the damn skins for XB1.
I'd spotify the wiz album before you buy. I don't feel it's as strong as previous efforts. But the song with Curren$y bangs.

Codes work now guys. I just tried mine. Also, it seems like each code gets you 1 of 3 packs. Plant skin, Zombie skin, and a Craaazy Pack. So if you want another all of the skins, it looks like you'll have to get the others.

The stickers are hard to take off unless you rip it off, which leaves the paper on the bag. Also, you can't just rip off the top layer. It's a circular sticker that is sealed all the way around and you actually have to cut a circle around the cut here otherwise you can't get to the code.

Codes work now guys. I just tried mine. Also, it seems like each code gets you 1 of 3 packs. Plant skin, Zombie skin, and a Craaazy Pack. So if you want another all of the skins, it looks like you'll have to get the others.

The stickers are hard to take off unless you rip it off, which leaves the paper on the bag. Also, you can't just rip off the top layer. It's a circular sticker that is sealed all the way around and you actually have to cut a circle around the cut here otherwise you can't get to the code.
I just redeemed a code for xbox one, you get -

Dr. Chester Chomper & Chester the chomper skins plus their custom abilities and a sticker pack.
In the site you pick 1 of 3 cards of the chester characters but code unlocks all chester skins plus chester abilities and one sticker pack. YES the sticker is annoying to remove. :bomb:

So you only need to buy 1 bag to get all the important things? Anyone get multiple bags? I have both the xbox 360 and xbox one games. Does 1 code work with my xbox live account in both versions?

I don't expect anyone to know any of these answers but appreciate any clarification if you have any.

This game runs great on the PS4. Looks nice and is really fun. I bought it on Tuesday @ 10:30p from BB, went home and played the multi player with full lobbies. I have had no problems finding games with full lobbies.

So you only need to buy 1 bag to get all the important things? Anyone get multiple bags? I have both the xbox 360 and xbox one games. Does 1 code work with my xbox live account in both versions?

I don't expect anyone to know any of these answers but appreciate any clarification if you have any.
yes 1 code gives you both chomper and scientist zombie cheetos skins plus abilities. Don't know if 1 code works with both xbox account versions.

Three Targets over 2 days and nothing.  I hate it when you get excited for a promotion and it then it seems like a hassle to actually take part in it.  Whatever, just gotta be patient, I suppose.

I just redeemed a code for xbox one, you get -

Dr. Chester Chomper & Chester the chomper skins plus their custom abilities and a sticker pack.
In the site you pick 1 of 3 cards of the chester characters but code unlocks all chester skins plus chester abilities and one sticker pack. YES the sticker is annoying to remove. :bomb:
Sweet thanks for the confirmation. Have not been able to redeem the code yet so I didn't know.

So the sticker doesn't give you a $10 coupon towards the game? Just dlc?
Yes. It's just a code to redeem on their website, which gives you the DLC. The $10GC comes when you buy the Party Size Cheetos along with the game.

Well I got a couple bags. If anyone wants the code, I may get more and will sell them for cost. Just pay for the cheetos and I'll send you the code. My kids love cheetos so they won't be wasted. PM me if interested.

Well I got a couple bags. If anyone wants the code, I may get more and will sell them for cost. Just pay for the cheetos and I'll send you the code. My kids love cheetos so they won't be wasted. PM me if interested.
Sent you a PM sir. Not sure if my target has them, cause my closest one is 45 mins aways from me. If I do make it out to there and they have them, I'll be sure to repay the favor to another CAG in need.

Still no codes at Targets around me. I may just wait until they make the DLC available to everyone. I finally got to play the game for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun, unlocking stuff may take sometime, but I like that you still get a good amount of coins just for completing a match, win or loose.

I saw someone with the Chester Cheetah skin on last nite in my X1 online game.  It looked pretty sweet.  Now I have to go find some Cheetos.

The stickers are actually hard to pull off. I feel like I'd rip the bag open trying to pull it off.
I think it's meant to be cut because there is a "Cut Here" on the sticker itself. But I pulled it like others but it was hard to get off like you said.

I hope they have some when I go Friday to get that new Wiz album. I don't even want the $10 off, I just want the damn skins for XB1.
Mane, I was looking for his new album Tuesday when it released. No Target's had it in stock, nor yesterday. But they finally manage to have some today when I went to get Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for the Xbox One. Wiz album wasn't even located in the New Releases section. I had to look under the Hip Hop section and saw 2 copies left. I used the $10 Target Gift Card on it that I got from this Plants Vs. Zombies / Cheetos combo deal and got Wiz album for $4.99.

I'd spotify the wiz album before you buy. I don't feel it's as strong as previous efforts. But the song with Curren$y bangs.
I listened to it on Beats Music. I will admit there is a lot of sleepers on there. Especially all that auto tune he got going on. 28 Grams his mixtape was better in my opinion. But I heard the 2 Target exclusive tracks are hot and a couple of other tracks on the album are too since I listened the past few days. It grows on you.

But I saw the Cheetos sitting under the Plants Vs. Zombies shelve in the gaming section. Grabbed the party size bag and the game for the Xbox One. Checkout. The Target rep gave me the $10 Target Gift Card. I then used it to get Wiz's new album for $4.99. So I spent close to $50.

tgepTBul.jpg

And I entered the code and was offered 3 choices and I selected the Cheetos Zombie Plant.

Ok. Got some more codes. Just pay for the cheetos($5) and I'll text u the codes.

Guys I'm not making anything on this so don't try to overwhelm me with requests. Just want to help out those that can't get to target or can't find them when u get there.

Ok. Got some more codes. Just pay for the cheetos($5) and I'll text u the codes.

Guys I'm not making anything on this so don't try to overwhelm me with requests. Just want to help out those that can't get to target or can't find them when u get there.
What? You're getting cheetos for free, so you certainly are making something off this. And if you're just ripping the stickers off the packages, then you're making $5 a pop. Come on.

I think it's meant to be cut because there is a "Cut Here" on the sticker itself. But I pulled it like others but it was hard to get off like you said.

Mane, I was looking for his new album Tuesday when it released. No Target's had it in stock, nor yesterday. But they finally manage to have some today when I went to get Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for the Xbox One. Wiz album wasn't even located in the New Releases section. I had to look under the Hip Hop section and saw 2 copies left. I used the $10 Target Gift Card on it that I got from this Plants Vs. Zombies / Cheetos combo deal and got Wiz album for $4.99.

I listened to it on Beats Music. I will admit there is a lot of sleepers on there. Especially all that auto tune he got going on. 28 Grams his mixtape was better in my opinion. But I heard the 2 Target exclusive tracks are hot and a couple of other tracks on the album are too since I listened the past few days. It grows on you.

But I saw the Cheetos sitting under the Plants Vs. Zombies shelve in the gaming section. Grabbed the party size bag and the game for the Xbox One. Checkout. The Target rep gave me the $10 Target Gift Card. I then used it to get Wiz's new album for $4.99. So I spent close to $50.

tgepTBul.jpg

And I entered the code and was offered 3 choices and I selected the Cheetos Zombie Plant.
People posting here that say they have 3 choices don't understand. If you read what it says it shows 2 choices.

One on top which is the Cheetos plant, Cheetos zombie AND a craaaazzzy pack

The bottom choice is a craaaaazzzzyyy pack.

I think most people get confused as the top choice pops out individually. If you scroll over any of the three items it pops out as if you are choosing that item, but all three items are one choice.

People posting here that say they have 3 choices don't understand. If you read what it says it shows 2 choices.

One on top which is the Cheetos plant, Cheetos zombie AND a craaaazzzy pack

The bottom choice is a craaaaazzzzyyy pack.

I think most people get confused as the top choice pops out individually. If you scroll over any of the three items it pops out as if you are choosing that item, but all three items are one choice.
LOL. I realized that when I got into the game, redeemed the code and I saw under the stickers section there were a lot of packs for me to open. So I opened them all. The Cheetos Plant is crazy stupid. I like it.

What? You're getting cheetos for free, so you certainly are making something off this. And if you're just ripping the stickers off the packages, then you're making $5 a pop. Come on.
Listen I'm not you. I don't steal. Including codes off of a sticker.

Get off your ass and drive your car to the target and search for this code. And if you're lucky, pay the $5 and get back in your car with your cheetos. Drive back home and input your code.

Now tell me what about that entire process cost nothing???

I hate dumbasses who still believe in the free lunch. There is no such thing young buck. Everything you do cost you something.

Imagine doing all of that and getting no code. Now tell me how much you spent.

Listen I'm not you. I don't steal. Including codes off of a sticker.

Get off your ass and drive your car to the target and search for this code. And if you're lucky, pay the $5 and get back in your car with your cheetos. Drive back home and input your code.

Now tell me what about that entire process cost nothing???

I hate dumbasses who still believe in the free lunch. There is no such thing young buck. Everything you do cost you something.

Imagine doing all of that and getting no code. Now tell me how much you spent.
What a bunch of hogwash. Please don't try to make it sound like you spent anything ripping those codes off bro, no one is going to believe you. Plus, I'd guess the gas to drive to Target would be no more than a buck per trip anyway, not a bad profit for some ripped-off stickers, eh?

Sent you a PM sir. Not sure if my target has them, cause my closest one is 45 mins aways from me. If I do make it out to there and they have them, I'll be sure to repay the favor to another CAG in need.
Thanks I was able to get one from Sunrisecityrider! Thanks again!

bread's done
Back