Play Asia Easter Egg Sale

Of course they just had to have this sale the week before I get laid off. Sonofabitch.

EDIT: Sale only applies to games in stock (Shipping in 24 hours) and that haven't been released in the last month. Consoles and handhelds do not seem to be apart of the sale.

The games listed below are recommendations from myself and others I've compiled in this thread. Some may not be in stock but will be linked anyways in case they do appear to make the sale before it ends. Any other editions will also be linked after the game, such as a Best Edition or Ultimate Hits.

Gameboy Advanced
bit Generations: Digidrive
bit Generations: dotstream
bit Generations: Orbital
Densetsu no Stafi 1 *
Densetsu no Stafi 2 *
Densetsu no Stafi 3 *
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Kuru Kururin Paradise
Rhythm Tengoku

Nintendo DS
Arkandoid DS w/ Paddle * (Being localized in the US but doesn't seem to include a paddle since the game releases at $20)
Choushoujuu Mecha MG **
Daigasso! Band Brothers
Daigasso! Band Brothers Request Selection (Requires Daigasso! Band Brothers)
Densetsu no Stafi 4 *
Jump Ultimate Superstars **
Ouendan 1
Ouendan 2
Paddle Controller
Taiko no Tatsujin DS
Touch Pen Attachment (My favorite stylus. Nice and fat like an expensive pen to hurt your fingers less.)

Playstation Portable
DJ Max Portable
DJ Max Portable 2
Parodius Portable [Best Edition]
Pump It Up EXCEED Portable
Pump It Up Zero Portable
Salamander Portable
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2
Twinbee Portable [Best Edition]

Playstation 2 (None of these are Region Free)
Do Don Pachi Daioujou DV (Coming to Xbox 360 via Retail Box and not XBLA)
Espgaluda
Mushihimesama [Best Edition]
SEGA AGES: Gunstar Heroes
SEGA AGES: Monster World * (English option in a few of the games within the compilation)
Tales of Destiny Director's Cut [Premium Box] *** (Remake is far better than the original in my opinion)

Playstation 3
Dual Shock 3 Controller

Xbox 360
HORI Fighting Stick EX2

*** Requires Japanese Knowledge.
** Requires a translation F.A.Q.
* May need translation F.A.Q. to get the full experience from the game.

I thought of picking up Salamander Portable yesterday to finish my collection of the PSP Konami shooter collections. Good thing I waited an extra day, 15.92 is too good a price to pass up.

Yeah i already got Twinbee, Salamander, and Parodious

Thinking I might pick up the new Phantasy Star Collection for PS2... *

* Fine print excludes new stuff from last 30 days :(

Looks like I'm not getting anything this time. Waited too long to order a White DS3 :)

can you not use coupons while the sale's going on? or at least I can't figure out where the coupon entry part in checkout disappeared to

you'd think this was a good sale, but most of the good 360 games are not discounted at all or are even priced $5 more! vegas 2 for $65? plus shipping too? dang.

Bought myself a GP2X F-200, it was $135 after discount, got it with a case for $180 shipped.

Been wanting one for a while and I just got my bonus from work so it seemed like good timing.

[quote name='daroga']Why doesn't the silver DS3 go with this? It's in stock :([/quote]

Release Date Mar 06, 2008

It's less than 30 days old unfortunetly.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Cause it came out in the last 30 days :([/quote]And?

.... ;)

I can't read. Thanks for the heads up :)

[quote name='espionage']you'd think this was a good sale, but most of the good 360 games are not discounted at all or are even priced $5 more! vegas 2 for $65? plus shipping too? dang.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the days of getting 360 bargains at Play Asia seem to be long, long over. :(

I do agree that the MSRP on US games is way too high. Is that because the business is based in HK and they're imported in and exported back to us?

[quote name='jalu6']Before I bite on a White Dual Shock, I just wanted to confirm these work with US PS3s, right?[/quote]

Yes, they work on North American PS3 consoles.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Sadly, the days of getting 360 bargains at Play Asia seem to be long, long over. :([/QUOTE]

Or maybe they are just beginning?

Does anyone here have one of these?
Multi VGA Box - Mayflash
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-86-49-en-70-2707-4-6.html
I'm tempted because I spend most of my time on my (crap 19" crt) monitor with my 360. I'm curious how it would handle widescreen like on Silent Hill: Origins with my 360 I was able to pick a ws resolution and resize the screen to match and it works great. It's small, comparable to a 16" ws, but it does work. Now I know you obviously can't pick a resolution with this but I'd like to know how it would work before I buy it.

edit: Ouch! Ok, nevermind it's $12.90 just for shipping. Does anyone know of a GOOD cheap alternative?

Hmm... saving $15 on a Beatmania takes that sting away. As for the person posting a bunch of shmups that are recommendable, you're getting people's hopes up as far as Mushihime, coz that shit has been OOS and OOP for a looong time.

one of the best deals on this I see is the Wii. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bt-49-en-70-p6f.html 

You can get it for $240+shipping then buy a freeloader for around $20 and then you will have a Wii that can play JPN and US games for under $300 w/shipping...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10v-77-1-49-en-15-freeloader-70-2m99.html

Right now they still have the Wiis in stock, I already got one or else I would snag it...but if you are looking for a Wiii and don't mind using the freeloader to boot up US games then this is a great price.

PS-> please use the links above...I don't have cheapy's affiliate thing in here on mine...but Cheapy of course deserves the affiliate cash so he can keep this great site running!

Any suggestions on DS games to pick up, particularly any shooters? I can't check the website from this computer.

Also, does Play-Asia sell the Wild ARMs soundtrack (original PS1 game), and if they do, is it part of the sale?

Does Arkanoid DS really require Japanese knowledge??? Seems like it'd be pretty straightforward. I'd love to get it but not if I couldn't really play/enjoy it..

(definitely want the paddle attachment)

[quote name='Justin42']Does Arkanoid DS really require Japanese knowledge??? Seems like it'd be pretty straightforward. I'd love to get it but not if I couldn't really play/enjoy it..

(definitely want the paddle attachment)[/quote]

Arkanoid has objectives (Quest mode particularly) and a couple other things that will probably require you to use a translation. There's one located at GameFAQs if you want to know more about why I marked it like that. I also had ment to mark it with one asterik but the database went boom for a little bit and couldn't re-edit my post.

[quote name='anomynous']White Dualshock am mine[/quote]

+1

Even though i have the black US version for 49.99 from Amazon. This way i can get the White one and get it a bit sooner for about $4 more.

[quote name='Layd Dly']+1

Even though i have the black US version for 49.99 from Amazon. This way i can get the White one and get it a bit sooner for about $4 more.[/QUOTE]

And the thing is, I don't even have a PS3 yet, but I got a paycheck coming on Monday, so I shoudl be able to buy one then

Wouldn't mind getting some game soundtracks, except the ones I want aren't on sale. (Jet Set Radio Future and 20th Anniversary MGS)

[quote name='Draekon']
SEGA AGES: Monster World * (The japanese equivalent of Adventure Island basically. I think there's an option for english but I don't remember)
[/QUOTE]

The Monster World (Wonder Boy) and Adventure Island series are not the same. The original Wonder Boy game was ported to the NES and renamed Adventure Island. All the Wonder Boy sequels are completely different from the Adventure Island sequels. Some of the games you can play in English, but not all of them.

Choushoujuu Mecha MG (DS) is a pretty good action game for under $20 shipped:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-choushoujuu+mecha+mg-70-1i4v.html

Digidrive (GBA) for a little over $10 is pretty good too:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-66-49-en-15-digidrive-70-1fi1.html

[quote name='Jack']The Monster World (Wonder Boy) and Adventure Island series are not the same. The original Wonder Boy game was ported to the NES and renamed Adventure Island. All the Wonder Boy sequels are completely different from the Adventure Island sequels. Some of the games you can play in English, but not all of them.[/quote]

Knew they split off after the first one as I own the game and played it, but I was thinking of what small description would fit it. Oh well I'll guess I'll remove it. Anyways, thanks on the english switch confirmation and I'll add the games you posted. Though I assume that mech game pretty much requires a translation F.A.Q. much like Jump Ultimate Stars does.

What are the chances Rhythm Tengoku comes back in stock? It says "out of print." That scares me.

Why did I wake up late today?

Just ordered the Nights Dreamtopia Pack for PS2 for $39.99+shipping. Came to $52 total. Thought that was decent for a nice package with the artbook.

[quote name='Strell']What are the chances Rhythm Tengoku comes back in stock? It says "out of print." That scares me.

Why did I wake up late today?[/quote]

Hard to say. When the sale first went up I remember seeing it in stock but when I added it to the list in my post, it was out of stock. It was discounted too when it was in and now I hate myself for not buying it asap.

I think the 'out of print' is normal for all out of stock items.

[quote name='Draekon']
I think the 'out of print' is normal for all out of stock items.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm looking for - hope that it isn't unattainable at this point. I remember when the Bit Generations games had a sale and went out and I was pissed that I'd missed them, but they reappeared a few days later and I snagged 'em.

I've wanted this game forever, but $40 was a bit much. I'll take 32+shipping gladly though.

If it comes back, I'll let you know.

Anyone know about the following games:

DS Theta
DS Tsunde Tsumi Kiss
DS Zettai Onkan Master
DS Sugar Bunnies DS: Yume no Sweets Koubou
GBA Sugar Sugar Une: Heart Gaippai! Moegi Gakuen

Joystiq says that Tsunde Tsumi Kiss is similar to Egg Mania, which doesn't wow me. Theta looks...interesting.

I would love to get PSP Megami no Etsubo, but I think it's beyond my Japanese abilities. NeoGAF describes it as a "Yo Mama" game. With...dance battles?

DS Slide Adventure Mag Kid is $15.92 with $4.40 shipping. I might get that.

bread's done
Back