Play Asia Easter Egg Sale

When it says "usually ships within 5-15 days," does that mean it might come back in stock soon, or is that their way of saying we don't have any in stock, but if you order it, we'll get it?

[quote name='Draekon']Wii isn't included in the sale.[/quote]

Sorry, looks like they changed it. when I was on there earlier it had the 20% off and everything on the web page, and it had the price listed at $238

Anyways, too bad, I guess maybe some lucky people may have got in before they fixed it...

Sorry for any trouble/lost hope this caused.

I got the email about this and promptly tried to get a JP PS2 for 20% off but it doesn't seem to be discounted. Did I miss some tiny print about hardware being excluded from this?

EDIT - Nevermind, found the small print, crap.

You MUST be kidding me. I just placed 2 orders at play-asia.com over $120+ less than 6 hrs ago. I've only used them once in the past 2 years!

I was frantically looking for some kind of discount before ordering :( God damn! Can you cancel orders from play-asia?

[quote name='halvorsb']Grabbed a white Dual Shock 3 for about $53 shipped...cheaper than retail when it comes out in the US next month.[/quote]
I was in Tokyo last week and (black/white) Dual Shock 3 were going for about $46. Even at that price I didn't bite. Something about $30+ for a controller makes me feel ill.

Also, I could have just bought most of this crap last week, but decided to come home and do research on what to buy. Finished my week worth of research at 4:30 AM this morning and placed an order at a loss. Sale started at 5:50 AM! :bomb:

[quote name='Gamelore']You MUST be kidding me. I just placed 2 orders at play-asia.com over $120+ less than 6 hrs ago. I've only used them once in the past 2 years!

I was frantically looking for some kind of discount before ordering :( God damn! Can you cancel orders from play-asia?[/QUOTE]
If you ordered 6 hours ago, the 20% off was in affect. Only IN STOCK items (ships 24 hours) should have been discounted. If its preorder or an item that ships in 1-6 days, it does not qualify

Agreed on game controllers. They shouldn't cost more than $30 IMHO. I guess everyone is paying for bluetooth. Maybe they should have stuck with RF....

[quote name='iazybandit']If you ordered 6 hours ago, the 20% off was in affect. Only IN STOCK items (ships 24 hours) should have been discounted. If its preorder or an item that ships in 1-6 days, it does not qualify[/quote]

2 of my 4 items were in-stock and the discount didn't apply to them either. I submitted the order at 4:30 AM PST. I started the checkout process around 3:45 AM, though. They may have been discounted midway through checkout.:bomb: The post regarding the sale was made around 5:50 AM. In any case, the discount didn't apply, and I made the purchase less than 7 hrs ago.

Damn, I was all set to grab a Rose Pink PSP until I saw handhelds aren't included. A shame, it would have made the $230 price tag much easier to swallow. Guess I'll grab a couple white Dualshock3s and Mag Kid. Thanks, OP.

Darn! I bought something during the New Year's sale and it could have been cheaper!
A shame that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Best Price 2000 Yen) isn't coming out until April 23rd or so...

[quote name='thesimplicity']Damn, I was all set to grab a Rose Pink PSP until I saw handhelds aren't included. A shame, it would have made the $230 price tag much easier to swallow. Guess I'll grab a couple white Dualshock3s and Mag Kid. Thanks, OP.[/quote]

Oh, shit, thanks for mentioning Mag Kid! Other than Dotstream (not shipping in 24grs), Rhythm Tengoku (OOS), and Daigasso (also not shipping in 24hrs) that was the one other game I've been eyeing over the months. Only $20 shipped... I'm all over that! Thanks!

I got Mag Kid during the...what, Lucky Rat sale? Seems pretty fun so far. I couldn't figure out how to get to the second area, but I only messed with it for maybe 20-30 minutes. Pretty cute little game, and I'm curious if Nintendo would ever want to pursue the control scheme in their next handheld.

Here's hoping Tengoku comes back.

[quote name='bigbell']do coupons work after the 20% discount?[/quote]

I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. I know they don't work with the Weekly Special. Don't take my word for it, as they certainly could. I'd say don't count on it, though.

[quote name='Strell']I got Mag Kid during the...what, Lucky Rat sale? Seems pretty fun so far. I couldn't figure out how to get to the second area, but I only messed with it for maybe 20-30 minutes. Pretty cute little game, and I'm curious if Nintendo would ever want to pursue the control scheme in their next handheld.

Here's hoping Tengoku comes back.[/quote]

I'm hoping the same, but I'd say don't count on since it actually is OOS instead of shipping in one week or whatever. :cry:

[quote name='imacgod']Wouldn't mind getting some game soundtracks, except the ones I want aren't on sale. (Jet Set Radio Future and 20th Anniversary MGS)[/quote]

eBay for the JSRF OST.

Just the JSRF soundtrack: $4 + s/h http://cgi.ebay.com/JSRF-JET-SET-RA...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

JGR + JSRF soundtracks: $10 + $6 s/h http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CD-JET-SET-RA...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've personally bought the combo for that seller. Shipping will be a tad slow because she is located in Hong Kong so it has quite a distance to fly. And it's shipped in a simple yellow envelope with no padding, but the since the CDs already have a case, they shouldn't get broke or scratched or anything. Other than that, i recommend highly!

[quote name='bigbell']do coupons work after the 20% discount?[/quote]

No, I tried but there wasn't a box to enter a coupon with my order, then I checked the 20% off details page and it says that coupons can't be used on orders that contain at least one in-stock discounted item.

just ordered gears of war platinum collection, but i don't think the discount applied. it should have turned out to be about $23 but it was around $28.

[quote name='Chronis']eBay for the JSRF OST.

Just the JSRF soundtrack: $4 + s/h http://cgi.ebay.com/JSRF-JET-SET-RA...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

JGR + JSRF soundtracks: $10 + $6 s/h http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CD-JET-SET-RA...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've personally bought the combo for that seller. Shipping will be a tad slow because she is located in Hong Kong so it has quite a distance to fly. And it's shipped in a simple yellow envelope with no padding, but the since the CDs already have a case, they shouldn't get broke or scratched or anything. Other than that, i recommend highly![/QUOTE]

Those are also bootlegs.

omg yes! I was just thinking about this last night when looking at slim PSPs!

Edit: whoops no game hardware or recent released items. Shucky-darn and slop the chickens... :/

Edit2: I take part of that back...I see some PSPs that were released earlier do have the discount applied. Hm.....

Edit3: Hey, when I put the discounted ones in my cart, it goes back to regular price. Gah, this is annoying...

Man i'm pretty fucking happy! Duel Shock 3 in white for 55 Canadian dollars ! That's only 5 bucks more than i'm going to pay for a black one when its released in the states. And in canada they usually price hack by 10 bucks so i'm even SAVING money.

[quote name='blandstalker']Anyone know about the following games:

DS Theta[/quote]

:rofl:

I got Theta from YesAsia a few months back and I still don't know what this "game" is about, or even what to do really. It looked interesting, but it may be too high concept for me to appreciate.

One part has gears you turn to drop a colored ball from the top to the bottom. Why? I don't know. The other is basically some aquarium/ocean thing where you flick colored spheres together in the right combo to release food or sumsuch for the fishes and they grow. Supposed to be able to collect them.

Sorry that's no help, but I couldn't find info either and bought it to see for myself. The official website link has the flash demo which is basically what it turns out to be.

It's weird. Made worse since I can't read the Japanese instructions.

[quote name='yukine']Kirby will bust a cap in yo ass son.[/QUOTE]

Old but highly relevant:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2w4CU6Vc4[/MEDIA]

Picked up a white dual shock 3 - I can't believe how people would pay the full price without the 20 percent discount.

I'm still upset I had to pay $54 shipped for a damn controller.

I ended up getting the following items:

Slide Adventure: Mag Kid (Japan, No Region Protection)
bit Generations: Digidrive (Japan, No Region Protection)
bit Generations: Dialhex (Japan, No Region Protection)
bit Generations: Boundish (Japan, No Region Protection)
Pilotwings 64 (Japan, NTSC J)

Picked up a Saturn shmup. Too bad they didn't have Layer Section II or Twinkle Stars for DC in stock or I would've gotten those too.

I ended up buying Mag Kid, that gun gashapon, a Galaxy keychain, and a Pokemon gashapon.

Oh how I wish I could've bought Rhythm Tengoku.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is DJ Max 1 just as good as the second game?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but I love DJMP2 and from what I've heard: It doesn't have all of the gameplay refinements as DJMP2, but that's kind of moot as you can use the Link Disc in DJMP2 to play the original's songs in the new engine. So if you have DJMP2, the original acts as an expansion disc of songs. If that makes any sense.

I'm tempted to get the original for myself, but I'm going to hold out, as I'm still restarting my DJMP2 save since I switched over to the Slim. :(

bread's done
Back