Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the NYC one (someone jumped in front of my train, took 3 hours to get home).

Event was good; I didn't play the multiplayer, but I should have since I stayed for the whole thing. They could have done with better multiplayer organization, it was a clusterfuck to get the games started. The swag bag was nice; didn't expect that. Basically, either ticket pays for itself (or close) with the freebies.

The free copy of the game will probably not arrive until a few days before the release date, so most people would probably have it the Friday before. All attendees should get a confirmation e-mail, but they give you an address to write to in case you don't get one by this Friday.

the email is from [email protected]

"Thanks for registering for
UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception
PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D Premium Pass

Your copy of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to you
on 10/25/11, via FedEx 2 Day Air delivery. Signature will be required
for delivery.

Thank you for being a part of the UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception
PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D events only at AMC Cinemas.

For any questions, please contact [email protected]"

I'm a tad bit nervous about my event date in LA on the 20th, because I'll be unavoidably detained until 6:15pm at a location that is 30 minutes from the theater, so I'll be about 15-20 minutes late. I have my seats reserved, but will I miss out on the swag/registration/tournament if I'm that late?

I hope the event truly starts around 7pm, and the 6:30pm start time is more of a buffer...

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Question:
What would you do?
You have a copy of Batman Arkham City (PS3) game disc and slip cover, both which are autographed by Kevin Conroy (Batman Voice Actor), Seth Hill (Batman Game Director), and Jim Lee (Artist), and an Uncharted 3 Penny Arcade Poster autographed by the entire UC3 Dev Team.
You need to give one of them to your closest buddy who happens to like both games equally.
Which would you keep?[/QUOTE]

As much as I love Uncharted, Kevin Conroy was a large part of my childhood.

One kinda important question, with an event this long, was there any food or drinks available? Should I eat before the event, or do they have that covered? I'll be going to the SF one later today.

I'm pretty good at the Subway beta (1.30 KDR and I haven't played it too much) so I really hope to win the tournament! Then again, with my luck, I'll have a bunch of people who don't know what the L2 button does and we'll lose in the first round. BOO! :(

Hey guys just got home from the Dallas Event, it was a 4 hour drive lol
Pretty much what everyone said is what happened at the event.
Got their, had to get my premium pass. they give you lanyard and card with a code for your copy of the game. winning team of the multiplayer tournament receive a collectors edition in the mail. there were raffles for face plate, twisted metal goody bag, ps3 stereo headset and more

all in all it was a good event.

[quote name='Chocoburger'] Should I eat before the event, or do they have that covered? I'll be going to the SF one later today.

at the dallas event they let us buy food from the lobby and take it in, just like a movie. though it was a bit expensive (15 dollars for 2 hotdogs and a large drink) i would recommend eating before if money is an issue

[quote name='MakenX']Just got back from the NYC one (someone jumped in front of my train, took 3 hours to get home).[/QUOTE]

Also went to the NYC event. Took me 3 hrs to get back to Queens too, even though the incident was on the downtown trains. Went from the A train, cause E was not running, to the Q train, transferred to the F which after 45 minutes of waiting, workers said it was not running, then had to take the M60 bus.

My score was 15-3 and my team lost the first round. Team score was 28-30. I was the only positive member on my team. Great event but really bad luck.

[quote name='Chocoburger']One kinda important question, with an event this long, was there any food or drinks available? Should I eat before the event, or do they have that covered? I'll be going to the SF one later today.

I'm pretty good at the Subway beta (1.30 KDR and I haven't played it too much) so I really hope to win the tournament! Then again, with my luck, I'll have a bunch of people who don't know what the L2 button does and we'll lose in the first round. BOO! :([/QUOTE]

Teams are random, so winning is more luck that you have good players on your team. They play a different map each round, and all 'perks', kickbacks, loadouts, characters, etc are unlocked from the get go on the multiplayer, so you can customize your character as much as you want.

No food is offered by them, you have to buy it yourself, but the movie theater is just a "stadium" of sorts for them to show the game, lights where on during the DC event. You can bring the theater food inside, but eating before saves on $ as others stated.

[quote name='dorkyden']
"Thanks for registering for
UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception
PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D Premium Pass

Your copy of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to you
on 10/25/11, via FedEx 2 Day Air delivery. Signature will be required
for delivery.

[/QUOTE]

DAMN!!! I'm never home for any packages. Will see how I manage to do this and be there to sign for my copy.

Okay, so is it *worth* staying the full FIVE hours? I had no idea it would be that long and I have the little problem of telling my girlfriend she could hang around the mall while I went to the thing and there's no way she's going to put up with 5 hours and after the mall closed. So the question is do I need to leave her at home or leave the event early.

What do I miss if I only stay for like 3 hours?

[quote name='ssjmichael']glad to hear the feedback guys, sounded like they gave out some awesome prizes![/QUOTE]

The prizes are great, I didn't win any :whistle2:(... Okay couple of things:

1. the mailing address thing sucks! They had the Sony tablets and didn't work, wasted 15 minutes. Then they switched to laptops using simple spreadsheet software. It also sucked since the people behind you can easily "delete" or "change" your entry (being paranoid I know). They take the game voucher card from you after you "register" it.

2. raffle system sucks! There's no verification whatsoever... There's one guy got picked TWICE for the tournament (some team members left or something). How the hell that happen is beyond me, either the raffle tickets are recycled or the guy lied. I pointed out to the announcer, but he just shrugged it off.

3. The blue raffle ticket is a joke! The red one is for prizes, but the blue one is for "getting back into the game." The blue one is totally useless! Why? The entire winning team get to advance to the next round, it's not like the player with the lowest score gets dropped out or anything. So if everybody on the winning team stays, there's no need to raffle the blue tickets at all! It's so freaking flawed thinking... I know in the beginning the announcers didn't bother to wait, so they did a lot of blue tickets raffling, but toward the semifinals? One guy went to register the free game and made the entire audience wait, WTF? They didn't raffle the blue tickets then, so tell me, what's the point?

4. The beginning of the tournament was chaotic as hell, we got people playing on the wrong side of the team. So, one of the teams actually advanced to the match before the semifinal because of that. Again, WTF?

5. Okay, they have 20 PS3s, FOUR teams against each other at once. But WTF? We were forced to watch an idle match while TWO teams were pitting against each other (only one set of the 10 PS3s hooked up to the big screen). They wasted so much time... WHY? Because they could have give us 10 minutes for the earlier match and gradually reduce to FIVE minutes toward the end!

6. there's no way to verify your copy of U3... If they make a mistake in the spreadsheet after you enter your info, there's no backup, you're screwed.

Anyone in NYC, have you receive a confirmation e-mail yet?

In SF, the guy told me to keep the code for registering the game. That's weird. I never got an email and I already sent an email about confirmation. I hope keeping the code doesn't invalidate my copy.

Also the tablets were autofilling our information.

Wario64, the tablets at the NYC event were crap shoot, they didn't work at all... I think the reason they took our vouchers because on the spreadsheet we were supposed to type out the voucher code (dumbest crap ever). So, if a mistake is make, there's no way for them to verify it, hence they take the vouchers (perhaps good thinking on that part). If you guys were able to use the tablet, then there's no need for them to keep the voucher.

Oh, the goodies bag is awesome, it worth $10 at least... The little Uncharted journal book is very cool, a solid piece of souvenir. I wonder how much is on the Subway gift card.

People said the gift card is $5. My buddy didn't even get one in his bag so I gave it to him. The journal is nice but isn't that stuff just given out as a prize in the Subway contest? I wish they gave us a Tshirt like the U2 event. I thought they cheaped out this time for the swag bag.

I hope the game registering works out for you. It seems some people might not get a copy of the game if something screws up...

The Subway gift card is worth $5.

I've been trying my ass off trying to get the wrist cuff and journal wih the Subway contest for a while now, but I don't have to worry anymore.

I never got a confirmation e-mail with for the copy of the game either.

Also, no food was provided. I suggest you eat before the event or bring something that's easy to eat.

[quote name='toocool17']Wow, he sold it for $130. I think I am going to put my swag bag up too.[/QUOTE]

It really sold? Or did he just end it?

[quote name='Wario64']It really sold? Or did he just end it?[/QUOTE]

It sold. You can click on completed listings, and it says it sold for $130.

Someone else sold the DLC for $35, and the bag for like $10.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']The Subway gift card is worth $5.

I've been trying my ass off trying to get the wrist cuff and journal wih the Subway contest for a while now, but I don't have to worry anymore.

I never got a confirmation e-mail with for the copy of the game either.

Also, no food was provided. I suggest you eat before the event or bring something that's easy to eat.[/QUOTE]

Or buy food there if you don't mind overpaying. You guys summed up the New York event pretty well. Was it only the people who signed up via the tablets that got emails so far? I have yet to get one.

[quote name='Kitoro']I'm a tad bit nervous about my event date in LA on the 20th, because I'll be unavoidably detained until 6:15pm at a location that is 30 minutes from the theater, so I'll be about 15-20 minutes late. I have my seats reserved, but will I miss out on the swag/registration/tournament if I'm that late?

I hope the event truly starts around 7pm, and the 6:30pm start time is more of a buffer...[/QUOTE]

If anyone could put my mind at ease and tell me they accommodate slightly late arrivals, that would be amazing. :p

I went to the Uncharted 3 event at the AMC Theater in Los Angeles last night . It started off a bit weak and honestly kind of awkward, with the emcee's enthusiasm far exceeding that of the attending audience. But then people started to settle in and the entire voice acting cast except Sully showed up. (Claudia Black is really attractive.)

They put a lot of focus on the tournament, in which those who signed up were broken up into random teams of five for team deathmatch. It has been about a year and a half since I have played Uncharted 2's multi-player, and admittedly despite having a code I have yet to hop on the U3 beta, but still I signed up and became part of team Sarim. The one great player on our team, Omar, asked us other four what level we had gotten to in the beta and we all kind of shrugged. I don't think he was too happy being paired with us at that moment.

And then we won the tournament! Somehow we skirted by each round, and won the championship match, which was played on a map not accessible in the beta called The Museum, in the last few seconds. I sucked the first couple, but by the end I actually managed to be of benefit to the team. Now Naughty Dog is going to send me the Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition in addition to the copy of the game I get for buying a ticket to the event.

The developers and voice actors were super nice, the crowd was maybe 40% what you'd expect from people attending this kind of event, the 3D footage on the big screen was rather cool but was awful on some of the TVs used for the tournament. Some of the footage we saw was brand new from the single-player game and wow, you guys will be amazed.

Overall: A quality event and I am really, really excited for this game.

Any problem with inverting the aim in the tourney?

Oh and Ireladd: Sounds awesome, congrats on winning the tourney. Appreciate the insight about the event as well.

[quote name='Drathu']Any problem with inverting the aim in the tourney?[/QUOTE]

People were inverting controls during the NYC event.

I'm a little worried now, I'm going to the one in LA on the 20th. And I'm seeing people not getting confirmations that their game will be shipped? Will we still get our copy no matter what if we got a premium pass?

[quote name='Serpentor']The prizes are great, I didn't win any :whistle2:(... Okay couple of things:

1. the mailing address thing sucks! They had the Sony tablets and didn't work, wasted 15 minutes. Then they switched to laptops using simple spreadsheet software. It also sucked since the people behind you can easily "delete" or "change" your entry (being paranoid I know). They take the game voucher card from you after you "register" it.

2. raffle system sucks! There's no verification whatsoever... There's one guy got picked TWICE for the tournament (some team members left or something). How the hell that happen is beyond me, either the raffle tickets are recycled or the guy lied. I pointed out to the announcer, but he just shrugged it off.

3. The blue raffle ticket is a joke! The red one is for prizes, but the blue one is for "getting back into the game." The blue one is totally useless! Why? The entire winning team get to advance to the next round, it's not like the player with the lowest score gets dropped out or anything. So if everybody on the winning team stays, there's no need to raffle the blue tickets at all! It's so freaking flawed thinking... I know in the beginning the announcers didn't bother to wait, so they did a lot of blue tickets raffling, but toward the semifinals? One guy went to register the free game and made the entire audience wait, WTF? They didn't raffle the blue tickets then, so tell me, what's the point?

4. The beginning of the tournament was chaotic as hell, we got people playing on the wrong side of the team. So, one of the teams actually advanced to the match before the semifinal because of that. Again, WTF?

5. Okay, they have 20 PS3s, FOUR teams against each other at once. But WTF? We were forced to watch an idle match while TWO teams were pitting against each other (only one set of the 10 PS3s hooked up to the big screen). They wasted so much time... WHY? Because they could have give us 10 minutes for the earlier match and gradually reduce to FIVE minutes toward the end!

6. there's no way to verify your copy of U3... If they make a mistake in the spreadsheet after you enter your info, there's no backup, you're screwed.

Anyone in NYC, have you receive a confirmation e-mail yet?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to recieve a confirmation email, but they did say wait 72 hours....so hopefully we'll get it soon TEAM JUGGERNAUT! !!! lol

There was little to no inverting the aim at the LA event from what I could tell.

Sasuke543 - I got my confirmation email. Just enter in your stuff onto the iPad via the wireless keyboard next to it, double check your info before you hit submit, and then you're good. Outside of being a little slow moving it worked just fine in LA.

Dannya25 - Did Sarim ("Sarrriiiiim!") ever get a chance to play you guys? The two competitions going on at once was knocking people off quick.

Thanks for the tips irrelad! Do you have any idea if the developers will be there again tomorrow? Hope they don't run out of Freebies too haha!

[quote name='ireladd']There was little to no inverting the aim at the LA event from what I could tell.

Sasuke543 - I got my confirmation email. Just enter in your stuff onto the iPad via the wireless keyboard next to it, double check your info before you hit submit, and then you're good. Outside of being a little slow moving it worked just fine in LA.

Dannya25 - Did Sarim ("Sarrriiiiim!") ever get a chance to play you guys? The two competitions going on at once was knocking people off quick.[/QUOTE]

no we didnt play against each other, i was at the nyc even though, we got knocked out in the 3rd round

Yeah, there was alot of issues at the NYC event, the way the tournament was done was a joke. I can't complain too much though since I got in for free.

[quote name='MakenX']Just got back from the NYC one (someone jumped in front of my train, took 3 hours to get home).

Event was good; I didn't play the multiplayer, but I should have since I stayed for the whole thing. They could have done with better multiplayer organization, it was a clusterfuck to get the games started. The swag bag was nice; didn't expect that. Basically, either ticket pays for itself (or close) with the freebies.

The free copy of the game will probably not arrive until a few days before the release date, so most people would probably have it the Friday before. All attendees should get a confirmation e-mail, but they give you an address to write to in case you don't get one by this Friday.[/QUOTE]

Wow, suicide?

I was at NYC event also, left around 10:45 since I didn't want to miss my last bus home. Luckily, I didn't encounter any train issues at the 1/D/4 trains.

[quote name='sasuke543']Thanks for the tips irrelad! Do you have any idea if the developers will be there again tomorrow? Hope they don't run out of Freebies too haha![/QUOTE]

Sure! From the way it seemed the developers, of which there were just a couple (but that included the lead developer, the writer/director, the composer and one or two normal developers), as well as the main voice cast should all be there each day. Also I highly doubt they will run out of the gift bags. They mentioned that they had the same prizes and gifts planned for each night, so you're safe. The theater did not look near capacity when everyone was sitting down, so if anything there will be extra.

And don't worry about being a bit late if you're going to be. They do start on time, but they just do a little talking, hyping and show a video. Things don't really ramp up until maybe 30-45 minutes into the night.

[quote name='Strider2K99']Yeah, there was alot of issues at the NYC event, the way the tournament was done was a joke. I can't complain too much though since I got in for free.

Wow, suicide?

I was at NYC event also, left around 10:45 since I didn't want to miss my last bus home. Luckily, I didn't encounter any train issues at the 1/D/4 trains.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most likely a jumper. It was on the Brooklyn bound N train at Times Square. The person was a mess from what I heard, but I didn't get the details - this is like the fourth time someone has been killed by my train or the one in front of mine.

@dannya25, yes, they did say up to 72 hours, so all we can do is wait :whistle2:( The girl at the registration was very nice though, she even reminding people to signup as people leave. She was the one switch team bands for those lucky enough to get into the competitive via the blue raffle tickets, thumbs up for her!

There were inverted control issues in my team as well, one of my teammate played poorly because of it. Eh, even if we make it to the semifinals, team Sniper is just too strong!

I was rooting for team Juggernaut until they lose :whistle2:( It was quite exciting to watch the matches on the big screen, but a lot of idle matches were shown.

The coolest prize IMO is the Uncharted edition of the Dual Shock 3, it was the first prize they gave out, man, lucky bastard! The autographed Penny Arcade posters suck, I don't even want them for free :lol: The "unique" metal Uncharted book cover is totally awesome though, too bad I didn't win that one :whistle2:( Ratchet T-shirt and game, Resistance 3 game are lame prizes, something you can buy anyway...

The UC3 DS3 is going to be sold in Japan. It'd be pretty silly for them to not sell it here, but you'd think they would have announced it already if it were coming before UC3 comes out.

If the participating AMC theater is close to you, I highly recommend this event. It's totally worth it, even if you're going in with the $25 admission.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Just played the exclusive BB single player demo and it was awesome! Check your BB for it.[/QUOTE]

Eh? How do I get the single player demo at Best Buy?

Congrats to those win the competition, the collector edition is sweet, all I can say is ENVY!!!!!! And those lucky enough to win the cool unique prizes... Some dudes actually win both, man, they're blessed by the game god, ENVY!!!

bread's done
Back