Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, LA event sounded awesome, would have loved to see Amy Hennig and the voice cast here in NYC, ah well.

The guys from ND who were in NYC were still cool guys.

Yeah, it kinda makes sense that the LA show would be the best, since the theater is like a 20 minute drive from their studio.

I was at the NYC event last night and I still haven't got an email confirmation. I input my details on a tablet. Is anyone in the same situation?

[quote name='iguss']I was at the NYC event last night and I still haven't got an email confirmation. I input my details on a tablet. Is anyone in the same situation?[/QUOTE]

It took me a day to get it from Tuesday. They did mention that you should contact the e-mail address if you don't get it by Friday; the address is in the thread a few posts up.

How was it yesterday?

So it seems like this event will last around 4 hours. Anyone know if we can leave early and collect our swag bag on the way out? If my team is eliminated, I don't really want to hang around all night waiting to get swag.

In Virginia, we got our goodie bag as we entered.

I got my confirmation email for the early copy within a few hours, despite messing up on the form a few times. I kept hitting submit on the tablet accidentally before I was done filling everything out. It is so fuck nerve-wracking using the tablet when there are a bunch of people in line behind you.

still no email for me. :(

i went on the first night in LA and got to meet the cast, it was awesome. Nolan North is a really funny guy, he was even doing the half tuck half untucked look of nathan drake haha.

we got our goodie bags on the way out though. just incase anyone was wondering.

[quote name='ImpactPlayer']So it seems like this event will last around 4 hours. Anyone know if we can leave early and collect our swag bag on the way out? If my team is eliminated, I don't really want to hang around all night waiting to get swag.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how early you can get the swag bag. In SF we had to give up your wrist band to get it, but they didn't tell us about the bag until near the end about an hour before it ended.

The raffle prizes are done all night, with a few in between each round so if you want a chance to win something you need to be there.

The SF event had someone who travelled in the farthest to the event win a collectors edition too.

Side note - my confirmation came a few hours after entering it on the tablet.

[quote name='oddeye']
The SF event had someone who travelled in the farthest to the event win a collectors edition too.
[/QUOTE]

Huh, they didn't do that on the first night. I think someone traveled from Reno on the first night.

Last night, my team, Disruption, won the multiplayer tournament in NYC. Honestly, I was surprised. I'm pretty average with a 0.7 K/D ratio. The first three rounds were some of my best ever, while the last two I played like I normally do.

Now I just need to figure out what preorders to cancel. Between the standard and collector's copies from the AMC stuff, I have a collector's from Amazon, and standard and collector's copies from GameStop. I wan't that Penny Arcade poster, but I don't think it's worth $60.

[quote name='happozai']
4E9E5F54466DA70013

this is collector's metal edition Drake's Journal cover. only 15 pcs were made. I got(won raffle) this yesterday at AMC theatre NYC and when I scan QR code bottom of cover, came out short video message from Nolan North( CV : Nate Drake).

http://youtu.be/UfFOtymVTzg[/QUOTE]

That's really awesome! I almost wish that grand prize for the multiplayer tournament was something incredibly exclusive like that.

[quote name='abhinav']To be honest, the event overall was kinda lame. Poorly organized and just a bit drawn out. I'm glad I went because I got to hang out with some CAGs (and had a great time with them) and I'm getting the game early but I would skip the event if you can only get the $25 ticket. Maybe other days/locations will be better but YMMV.[/QUOTE]

They did seem to treat every clip as something that was new, but there was nothing new shown at all. The exception being the launch trailer that premiered for everyone on the 18th and few more moments of the desert level playthrough.

The real bummer for me was that less than half of the clips and trailers were in 3D and there was only one multiplayer station set up in 3D. That said, everything looks pretty rad upscaled to 4K.

[quote name='WebScud']
The real bummer for me was that less than half of the clips and trailers were in 3D and there was only one multiplayer station set up in 3D. That said, everything looks pretty rad upscaled to 4K.[/QUOTE]

I wish that all the multi-player stations for the tournament had been in 2D. It seemed like they made little effort to calibrate it, as even with the proper glasses on it looked nearly identical to them off, with two, fuzzy offset layers of everything.

Ah well, our team still won. :)

[quote name='MakenX']It took me a day to get it from Tuesday. They did mention that you should contact the e-mail address if you don't get it by Friday; the address is in the thread a few posts up.

How was it yesterday?[/QUOTE]

Overall it was just okay. It wasn't that poorly organized but there was way too much sitting around and watching. I think they needed fewer teams or more play stations. It took way too long for each round to get set up and the MC's were extremely annoying and wouldn't stop shilling for Sony.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Well, at least you lost to the eventual champions right? :p

I haven't received an email yet. I'm kind of worried that since we didn't get to see the info taken they could have possibly put in incorrect info. Hopefully we'll get it soon but if not I may go back up there this evening to verify. I reccommend to anyone going this evening to have your mailing address and email address written out to give to the people taking info to make the process go faster but more importantly to avoid possible error.[/QUOTE]

The thing that annoyed me was I think 2 of the guys on your team had *no* kills in the finals, haha.

[quote name='Memyselfandid']Those that have gone to the event. Is there anyway to upgrade to the collector's edition there?[/QUOTE]

Win the multiplayer tournament seems to be the only way. Its not like you can offer them more to send you the CE. If you want the CE guaranteed, I would say order it on a store or online.

[quote name='ireladd']I wish that all the multi-player stations for the tournament had been in 2D. It seemed like they made little effort to calibrate it, as even with the proper glasses on it looked nearly identical to them off, with two, fuzzy offset layers of everything.

Ah well, our team still won. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah. I didn't touch the 3D console because it was the one being projected for everyone to watch.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']From what I've been reading it seems the LA event was the best place so far. Even a surprise visit from the cast:

AcFwaLsCMAAoPZ-.jpg

wish I would've gone.[/QUOTE]

DEM B00BS! Damn I wanna see Claudia and Amy in person! :hot:

Nolan North too of course. :whistle2:#

[quote name='oddeye']
The SF event had someone who travelled in the farthest to the event win a collectors edition too.[/QUOTE]

That guy was actually on the winning team. He didn't win simply by having traveled the furthest. :p

[quote name='Chocoburger']That guy was actually on the winning team. He didn't win simply by having traveled the furthest. :p[/QUOTE]

He was awarded a CE before the winning team was determined, so yes, he did win for supposedly coming from San Antonio.

I was in Los Angeles last night (19th). No voice cast. The emcee was the annoyingly bro-tastic the whole time. I was annoyed by the commercials for Sony everything (What the hell was up with that 3D showoff commercial with the poem?) and didn't understand why they couldn't keep the teams flowing smoothly by having the emcee tell the next two teams to step up once a side was open instead of waiting for both sides to finish. This easily added an extra 30-45 minutes to the event time by having so many people not playing on the consoles. The Q&A sucked. The commercial for the Vita was blatantly pro-Sony ("we couldn't do this on any other portable consoles," "we could only accomplish this on the Vita," etc.). A big wtf for not letting people actually pick their teams. I thought they would have figured out to host an event after the fiasco of the U2 prelaunches.

[quote name='jantzn']I was in Los Angeles last night (19th). No voice cast. The emcee was the annoyingly bro-tastic the whole time. I was annoyed by the commercials for Sony everything (What the hell was up with that 3D showoff commercial with the poem?) and didn't understand why they couldn't keep the teams flowing smoothly by having the emcee tell the next two teams to step up once a side was open instead of waiting for both sides to finish. This easily added an extra 30-45 minutes to the event time by having so many people not playing on the consoles. The Q&A sucked. The commercial for the Vita was blatantly pro-Sony ("we couldn't do this on any other portable consoles," "we could only accomplish this on the Vita," etc.). A big wtf for not letting people actually pick their teams. I thought they would have figured out to host an event after the fiasco of the U2 prelaunches.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really glad they didn't let us pick and assemble our own teams. I, and a fair number of other folk, would probably have been a bit too intimidated to sign up knowing that the best players would be seeking each other out. This way I felt there was a more interesting "anyone could win" element to it, but I know how that would also frustrate those that were indeed really good at the game if they got stuck with people that completely brought the team down.

Being stuck with a team mate that had 0 kills is also not really fair. fuck

Break it down into different tournament categories:

n00bs
average
pros

At the end of each tournament, a different prize awarded to the three different winning teams.
n00bs get a crappy prize
avg get a decent prize
the pros, the real hardcore ND fans get the best prize. :bouncy:

[quote name='jantzn']I was in Los Angeles last night (19th). No voice cast. The emcee was the annoyingly bro-tastic the whole time. I was annoyed by the commercials for Sony everything (What the hell was up with that 3D showoff commercial with the poem?) and didn't understand why they couldn't keep the teams flowing smoothly by having the emcee tell the next two teams to step up once a side was open instead of waiting for both sides to finish. This easily added an extra 30-45 minutes to the event time by having so many people not playing on the consoles. The Q&A sucked. The commercial for the Vita was blatantly pro-Sony ("we couldn't do this on any other portable consoles," "we could only accomplish this on the Vita," etc.). A big wtf for not letting people actually pick their teams. I thought they would have figured out to host an event after the fiasco of the U2 prelaunches.[/QUOTE]

you make a lot of valid complaints but wtf at this one?

of course it's pro-Sony and on top of that do you honestly believe they could have done that on any other handheld?

i registered on tuesday in sf and still no email here. someone from neogaf dropped my info tonight so they can re-enter it but nothing yet.

Had I known that the journal/wrist cuff were in the swag bags I would have gone to the one in Dallas and paid for the full pass. I originally didnt go because I already had U3 preordered >

[quote name='buckythekat']you make a lot of valid complaints but wtf at this one?

of course it's pro-Sony and on top of that do you honestly believe they could have done that on any other handheld?[/QUOTE]

It was just annoying hearing the narrator repeat it over and over, basically trash-talking the 3DS. I know they have to appease Sony, but they could have just "The Vita allows us to do things we couldn't do before." The real reason it won't be on 3DS is the exclusivity deal Naughty Dog has with Sony, not that it's completely impossible to do so. Touch screen? Yeah, 3DS can do that. Gyroscopic controls? 3DS can do that. I get that they're stressing the new features, but it's the equivalent of Sony saying that the concepts of their PSMove games aren't possible on any other consoles (even though they can all be done on the Wii). I felt like they were cramming the Vita down our throats.

[quote name='jantzn']It was just annoying hearing the narrator repeat it over and over, basically trash-talking the 3DS. I know they have to appease Sony, but they could have just "The Vita allows us to do things we couldn't do before." The real reason it won't be on 3DS is the exclusivity deal Naughty Dog has with Sony, not that it's completely impossible to do so. Touch screen? Yeah, 3DS can do that. Gyroscopic controls? 3DS can do that. I get that they're stressing the new features, but it's the equivalent of Sony saying that the concepts of their PSMove games aren't possible on any other consoles (even though they can all be done on the Wii). I felt like they were cramming the Vita down our throats.[/QUOTE]

This isn't new for Sony, they say the same thing for the PS3. If you watch any of their E3 conferences you'll see Jack Tretton say "such and such game is only possible on the Playstation 3". It's just their thing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This isn't new for Sony, they say the same thing for the PS3. If you watch any of their E3 conferences you'll see Jack Tretton say "such and such game is only possible on the Playstation 3". It's just their thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know it's their style. I was just justifying my disgust.

[quote name='jantzn']It was just annoying hearing the narrator repeat it over and over, basically trash-talking the 3DS. I know they have to appease Sony, but they could have just "The Vita allows us to do things we couldn't do before." The real reason it won't be on 3DS is the exclusivity deal Naughty Dog has with Sony, not that it's completely impossible to do so. Touch screen? Yeah, 3DS can do that. Gyroscopic controls? 3DS can do that. I get that they're stressing the new features, but it's the equivalent of Sony saying that the concepts of their PSMove games aren't possible on any other consoles (even though they can all be done on the Wii). I felt like they were cramming the Vita down our throats.[/QUOTE]

the game is actually being made by Sony Bend and on top of that there is no "exclusive deal" between Naughty Dog and Sony, Sony owns Naughty Dog

Woo! Go Team Marlowe! My team steamrolled most of the competition except for round 4 where we squeaked out a time limit win. I was extremely lucky to have a very competent team that focused on communication and stuck together.

I can't wait for my CE to come in next week!

Congrats knight, well deserved victory. I was on team elena, saddened i wont be getting a ce early but totally worth the trip for penny arcade poster with all the naughty dog signatures!

[quote name='Wario64']i registered on tuesday in sf and still no email here. someone from neogaf dropped my info tonight so they can re-enter it but nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

On Wednesday the email was sent immediately on registration, but perhaps they'd worked out some kinks.

Once I press submit and finish on the tablet I immediately checked my email by cell phone. I got it instantly. The event was okay. I won a Ps3 game and a year of IGN prime. The tournament was boring in the beginning, but once they weeded out the weak teams it became interesting to watch. The final round was the most exciting to watch.

Would I do this again next year? Probably not. The event took 4.5 hours long. I was dead tired when the event ended.

Was at the last LA event! Overall I thought it was a good experience except that they showed way too many trailers and clips of UC3. Felt like I saw too many spoilers. Wish I won something from the raffle! Seems like a had bad luck since they called a ticket that was one number ahead or behind me. This dude who got a second chance from spider crawlers team was really fun to watch too! Only lasted a few rounds!

[quote name='Memyselfandid']Congrats knight, well deserved victory. I was on team elena, saddened i wont be getting a ce early but totally worth the trip for penny arcade poster with all the naughty dog signatures![/QUOTE]

i was on team elena too, who where you?

The event is definitely too long, running for 4.5 hours. They definitely needed more monitors to speed the tournament along. I appreciated the developer videos, the team Q&A and the trailer for Golden Abyss, but I felt the one player play throughs were unnecessary (or at least show fewer of them). I would probably go to another one of these events, but only after Sony conducts a couple more events, listens to the opinions on the surveys and shortens the event to make it more concise.

[quote name='Memyselfandid']Congrats knight, well deserved victory. I was on team elena, saddened i wont be getting a ce early but totally worth the trip for penny arcade poster with all the naughty dog signatures![/QUOTE]

Thanks! It was an awesome time all around. It's nice to know another CAG won something at least.

I was the dude in the dark green button up shirt by the way lol.

[quote name='vic_x51']i was on team elena too, who where you?[/QUOTE]

I was the team captain lol, i think we all need to just make shirts that say "imma cager"

[quote name='knightsdwn']Thanks! It was an awesome time all around. It's nice to know another CAG won something at least.

I was the dude in the dark green button up shirt by the way lol.[/QUOTE]
Yah, seriously stoked to get the signed poster. Friend walked away with the headset. Winning all around. That last match was pretty intense!

Anyone else not receive their confirmation email yet? I was at the NY event on Wednesday night. I emailed that playstation address with no response.

[quote name='iguss']Anyone else not receive their confirmation email yet? I was at the NY event on Wednesday night. I emailed that playstation address with no response.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, except I emailed twice and I was at the SF location on Tuesday night.

[quote name='iguss']Anyone else not receive their confirmation email yet? I was at the NY event on Wednesday night. I emailed that playstation address with no response.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wario64']I'm in the same boat, except I emailed twice and I was at the SF location on Tuesday night.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I emailed them today but no response yet. I just want to confirm that they have my correct shipping info.

[quote name='Memyselfandid']I was the team captain lol, i think we all need to just make shirts that say "imma cager"[/QUOTE]

Oh ok yea I was the first guy that came after you on the team. We talked about strategy a bit (not that it helped) lol n street fighter.

bread's done
Back