Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
so i emailed them wed. and still no response. do you think its worth trying again or should i wait? at this point i'm getting pretty frustrated...

as someone who praised the event in the survey, if they were to call me for a follow up i would have some harsh words at this point. :censored:

I would wait a few more days. I'm sure they were busy with the event and are now backed up in replying to emails. I imagine quite a few people emailed them

I went to the LA event on the 20th, and I got my e-mail to my phone literally seconds after registering on the site with the tablet after getting my premium pass code.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']so i emailed them wed. and still no response. do you think its worth trying again or should i wait? at this point i'm getting pretty frustrated...

as someone who praised the event in the survey, if they were to call me for a follow up i would have some harsh words at this point. :censored:[/QUOTE]

I've already emailed them 3 times now. I'm being impatient at this point since the game is suppose to ship on Tuesday and there's only 1 business day between now and then.

I got through to someone at Naughty Dog who is gonna try and help out. I know I wasn't the only one to have issues with not receiving email's. I'll keep you guys updated.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']definitely had fun in NYC on the 19th, didn't win anything but glad their was a swag bag at the end. Really glad got email conformation on game delivery.[/QUOTE]

What multiplayer team were you on?

Enjoy the game guys, and I hope the transaction goes smoothly.

I purchased a ticket to go on day 1 in NYC, but had a family emergency. I sold my ticket to a coworker.

Kind of sucked because I wanted to give my early Uncharted 3 copy to my little cousin who got diagnosed with leukemia. She is a big fan of the series, and this early release would have put a great smile on her. I will try to make it up to her. I'll just pay an inflated craigslist price!

No Email as of yet ... I wondering even if we even going to recieve the game early without a confirmation or they going to delay the proccess.. this situation is very disorganized

premium_pass finally got back to me and confirmed that my registration went through and the game is coming on 10/27. Phew. Now I'm hyped...

[quote name='Wario64']premium_pass finally got back to me and confirmed that my registration went through and the game is coming on 10/27. Phew. Now I'm hyped...[/QUOTE]

Got an email too about an hour ago. I wonder if I'll receive my Collectors Edition in the same package?

Seems like quite a few CAGs won the CE or raffle prizes from this.
Quite a few of us won CEs from the tournament, posters, the controller, and the metal book case.
That's pretty awesome.

Got my email too... finally! Replied back to them requesting address verification and possibly a tracking number. They said 10/27 is my expected date. Woo hoo

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Seems like quite a few CAGs won the CE or raffle prizes from this.
Quite a few of us won CEs from the tournament, posters, the controller, and the metal book case.
That's pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

as long as the guy who won the headset at the D.C. event on the 19th and proceeded to flip everyone off as he claimed the prize isn't a CAG

Hey guys! Just a heads up. You should check your spam email folders. I went to the dc event on the 20th and was worried because I didn't get the email. But on a whim I just checked my spam folder and it was there. I usually don't get stuff from sony in my spam folder , so maybe you guys should check yours just in case. They apparently sent the email right after I registered. It says mine should be shipped on the 25th.

[quote name='buckythekat']as long as the guy who won the headset at the D.C. event on the 19th and proceeded to flip everyone off as he claimed the prize isn't a CAG[/QUOTE]

No kidding, what was the point of that? It's not like he earned the headset, he won by chance.

Hiyo guys! ^_^

I was actually at the San Fran event on the 19th too. Here's my situation:

The touch tablet wasn't working on me, so I had to hand write my info down instead. So like a lot of us here, I also didn't get the confirmation email.

So I got worried and decided to email [email protected] yesterday (Oct 23rd) to ask and also provide my premium code, name, address, # to them. They replied today (oct 24) and said that yes I am in the database and I'll definitely get my game this Thurs Oct 27th! What a relief! ^_^

So i think it should be okie for you guys too, but you can try emailing too.

Hope this helps

[quote name='buckythekat']as long as the guy who won the headset at the D.C. event on the 19th and proceeded to flip everyone off as he claimed the prize isn't a CAG[/QUOTE]

Must have been an SDer in disguise.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Must have been an SDer in disguise.[/QUOTE]
Meh, prolly just a random dude with nothing better to do. Im pretty sure theyve just been flooded w/ trying to get confirmation #s out. My bet is they come out wednesday after half the ppl already get the game

[quote name='Chocoburger']Seems like I'm getting the game on Thursday. One week later than I should be getting it. Stupid Sony.[/QUOTE]

?

It always always known we'd be getting the game this week.

I think he meant that we should have gotten the game at the event, which I was secretly hoping for as well. It'd save them on a lot of shipping.

[quote name='shinobi2u']I think he meant that we should have gotten the game at the event, which I was secretly hoping for as well. It'd save them on a lot of shipping.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they should have given it out in person, but they told us from the start that the game would be Fed Ex'd

[quote name='shinobi2u']I think he meant that we should have gotten the game at the event, which I was secretly hoping for as well. It'd save them on a lot of shipping.[/QUOTE]

Considering review embargoes weren't lifted at that point, I wasn't expecting it.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it, but a part of me still hoped a fool's hope anyways. They did make it perfectly clear though, so it's not like I got disappointed when it didn't happen and the embargo makes a lot of sense why they wouldn't have. ^^

In that case, can't they just host the events this week so we can have the game in hand? One more day of waiting... Nothing happened yesterday, no shipping confirmation, no FedEx delivery :whistle2:(

[quote name='Serpentor']In that case, can't they just host the events this week so we can have the game in hand? One more day of waiting... Nothing happened yesterday, no shipping confirmation, no FedEx delivery :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
The game is coming tomorrow.

Anyone with a tracking number that can figure out the reference? I guess that way the rest of us can find out if a package is coming for us. I hate fedex, they aren't as timely for me as UPS.

This is what i got from emailing Premium pass

We're happy you're so excited about receiving your copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception! The game will arrive at the address you provided tomorrow, Thursday, 10/27. Your tracking information will be available once the package has been picked up and processed by Fedex, so be sure to keep checking throughout the day for the shipment status. Also, as a reminder, an indirect signature is required for delivery, so just be sure someone is available to sign for the package once it arrives tomorrow.
Thanks, and enjoy a weekend filled with UNCHARTED 3 before everyone else!

Hmm, interesting. People should already have tracking numbers by now though if that's the case. I wonder if they speculate if tracking numbers are provided. Prizelogic never gives out tracking

[quote name='Wario64']I emailed it and got a tracking number but it didn't work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah same boat here. Out of luck I got the day off tomorrow so hopefully I won't be let down

bread's done
Back