Playstation 3 500GB super slim - $149 at Walmart

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-3-500GB-Console-PS3/43604185

Yeah, I know, the same day as the Pro was announced. However, the PS3 was basically stealthily discontinued and will be harder and harder to find. Almost all major retailers are sold of out brand new consoles, and unless you want someone's crusty and dusty used console from Gamestop or pay over $220+ from scalpers, this might be your last chance to get a brand new one on the cheap. Either as a first-timer or a spare in case yours has a lot of wear and tear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the Rise Of Tomb Raider a few weeks ago on the 360, and I was completely satisfied playing it without the ONE. The game is still the same, just less polish, but the last gen games still look awesome, so it's all good.
Rise of Tomb Raider and Far Cry 4 felt just fine on the PS3.

But once you get titles like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition the PS3 starts really showing it's age, in fact I stopped playing DAI on PS3 because it's a substandard experience. I'll pick it up again when I buy my slim PS4 during the Black Friday sales.

As an older gamer, PS3 felt like the system I had been waiting for my whole life. Bioshock was the first PS3 title I played and it was an unforgettable experience.

While PS3 no longer has that "wow" factor, it's still a solid system with an impressive library. However once I get through Lightning Returns and Dragons Dogma I think I'm pretty much done with the system.

As an Xbox gamer before this generation the PS3 would have some appeal to me, but things like the nathan drake collection/Last of Us Definitive etc. do much to mitigate the loss. I do wish I could play Ni No Kuni though... just not enough to justify the whole hardware.

As an Xbox gamer before this generation the PS3 would have some appeal to me, but things like the nathan drake collection/Last of Us Definitive etc. do much to mitigate the loss. I do wish I could play Ni No Kuni though... just not enough to justify the whole hardware.
If you can find a cheap PS3, definitely play Ni no Kuni. Among the top PS3 games imo.

While PS3 no longer has that "wow" factor, it's still a solid system with an impressive library. However once I get through Lightning Returns and Dragons Dogma I think I'm pretty much done with the system.
Unfortunately, I have yet to play many games on my PS4 that have the same "wow" factor I felt on countless PS3 titles. And I'm still finding older PS3 games that continue to impress. After picking up my PS4 in Summer 2015 I figured I'd be retiring my PS3 to the basement but, truth is, I probably still play the PS3 three times more than the PS4.

It looks like the link from the OP now allows for FREE shipping to your address. And NO longer available for in store pickup.

So you guys that missed out from local stores, jump on it before they are all gone.

I did notice my local store was suddenly out of stock, so they might have been sent to a warehouse to be sold online only now. (out of the 4 consoles my local store had for the last 5 weeks I bought one. Mainly to replace my crippled slim that was damaged by the Black ops II disc problem.)

Again thanks to the OP. :D

more about said error:

There is some reason on loading the CODBO2 game that caused permanent damage to my PS3 slim, and from what I have seen there are other cases of the same thing happening to other users with CoD:Black Ops 2.

(I think it might have something to do with the way the data is coded, it causes the laser to move from the edge to the center over and over again. This repetitive movement put stress on something, and it broke, I am no expert.)

It seems to only effect people who purchased the PS3 slim in the early months of the slim redesign (I bought mine on Black Friday Best Buy 2009). The laser now has trouble reading my game discs and blu-rays UNLESS I have they system in the vertical position (this gives they system a 80% working rate with the games I have tested.). The system basically has problems reading the edges of the discs, so only certain games work on my system and only when it is vertical. For digital games and other stuff (Mp3, Mp4 ect) the system is fine, but when it comes to reading discs it's crippled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise of Tomb Raider and Far Cry 4 felt just fine on the PS3.

But once you get titles like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition the PS3 starts really showing it's age, in fact I stopped playing DAI on PS3 because it's a substandard experience. I'll pick it up again when I buy my slim PS4 during the Black Friday sales.

As an older gamer, PS3 felt like the system I had been waiting for my whole life. Bioshock was the first PS3 title I played and it was an unforgettable experience.

at least the PS3 is still getting new games unlike the 360

Or want to play some of the great catalogue of games that the PS3 has, since the PS4 cant play PS3 games.
True. Real shame Sony took the greedy route rather then the BC route Microsoft has taken.

Yes, XB1 BC is slow but we've been getting a heavy hitter every other week. Last week we just got Lost Odyssey and I'm sure Blue Dragon is next.

bread's done
Back