PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Remote $14.99 at Amazon

mayamayouidiot

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Looks like a DEAD deal now, after just one day :(

-

PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Remote $14.99 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-Blu-ray-Disc-Remote/dp/B000M17AVO/

This isn't a mindblowing deal or anything, but it's the first time since January that Amazon's sold it for less than $18-$20. So those of you (like me) who've been waiting around for a better price can jump right on this.

(In case anybody's wondering, I found this via a price alert from camelcamelcamel.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like this is the price at gamestop and bestbuy had a sale on it recently too.

i saw on another thread that sony released an updated remote in japan, so maybe that's why retailers are trying to clear out this one in the US if the updated remote is actually coming to the US.

I got this remote free when I bought my PS3 and rarely ever use it. It eats batteries like nobody's business...even when not using it.

Not thread crapping but for some reason, I like using my controller as a remote. Fasting forward or rewinding feels easier with the joy stick. Plus once the movie started, I rarely need it.

This is a nice deal for people who hate using the controller as a blu ray remote. I don't mind using the controller. If this was $9.99 I would consider it. I doubt I will ever see that price unless they release a new one.

[quote name='Wario64']i was gonna pick this up but i heard pressing any button on the remote turns on the ps3. no thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have this and love the remote for the most part, but what you are saying is true and probably the only annoying thing about it. Also I've had the remote 3 years and I have changed the batteries twice. Maybe I got a good model?

[quote name='Wario64']i was gonna pick this up but i heard pressing any button on the remote turns on the ps3. no thanks.[/QUOTE]I've heard they have these things called rechargeable batteries.....

[quote name='shrike4242']I've heard they have these things called rechargeable batteries.....[/QUOTE]

Go on....

[quote name='shrike4242']I've heard they have these things called rechargeable batteries.....[/QUOTE]

I think his complaint was the same one I have which is that the remote turns on the PS3 with any button pressed. I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally turned the system on after nudging this thing.

As far as battery power goes, mine does as well as any other remote in the house, so I can't say anything about it "eating batteries," because I have not experienced that at all.

I'd be surprised if it really consumed much battery at all when not in use. I haven't really seen any major complaints about the battery either, but that's why God, or I guess Sanyo created Eneloops

I can't tell if this is suppose to be a joke.

Yep, I'd echo the sentiment that the remote doesn't "eat batteries" much at all. I actually only ever use batteries that have been used up already by other devices to the point that they won't power on. Even in that state, the remote'll run on those 2 AAs for months even with daily use...

(In case you were wondering [probably not, haha] how I'd know this if I'd been waiting on a sale price till now [I'm the OP], it's because I already have one. I'm ordering a new one as a gift to my cousin.)

bread's done
Back