Playstation 3D Display (PS3) - $399.99 @ Fry's Online & In-Store

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
ads305451wideb.png

www.frys.com/product/6713355

i have a feeling in about 6 months time we'll see some of the retailers trying to get rid of the few left in stock at around $300. Still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='IRSmurf']Great price! But now that I've seen the HMZ-T1, there's no going back: http://store.sony.com/p/Wearable-HDTV/en/p/HMZT1[/QUOTE]

I remember trying something similar to those when I was in Japan. The only difference was it was 2d and stereo sound only. It was fun but if you moved your head too much, it was easy to get dizzy. Hopefully this one is not like that. Nevertheless, I have been dying to try the sony tv so I'm going to pick one up this morning.

[quote name='IRSmurf']Great price! But now that I've seen the HMZ-T1, there's no going back: http://store.sony.com/p/Wearable-HDTV/en/p/HMZT1[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I saw the cheaper, non-3D version, on eBay, some years back. Now that I see this, I'll wait for China to clone it and sell it for $129.00 on eBay! :D

Thanks for the heads-up!

...Gonna go check. It's, probably, already there! I wonder how safe these are.

[quote name='ajumbaje']Anyone get one yet? How are they?[/QUOTE]

It's just hard to justify spending $400 on a 3D tv, 24" is really small. That said the reviews say the PQ is fantastic.

I only paid $950 for my 55" Sony Bravia 3DTV and it came with the transmitter and a free 3D blu-ray player. Granted, it was at a local discount store and you'd be hard pressed to find a deal like that just anywhere, but still.

PQ is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. It's not bad, but not amazing. The lack of a remote combined with the fact that the buttons are on the back of the set is really annoying. The 3D ghosts a LOT. Definitely not worth the money. If I had paid full price I'd be pretty upset.

[quote name='hobbie8046']PQ is not as great as everyone makes it out to be. It's not bad, but not amazing. The lack of a remote combined with the fact that the buttons are on the back of the set is really annoying. The 3D ghosts a LOT. Definitely not worth the money. If I had paid full price I'd be pretty upset.[/QUOTE]

3D ghosts a lot in general with games from my experience. Not so with movies, though.

The 3d on this isn't the tech that I am impressed by, but they adapted the 3d tech to make 2 seperate screens out of 1 by having 1 person see the left eye picture and 1 the right eye.

Fry's also sells a 23" LG passive 3DTV for $450. The reason I mention it is that these types of TVs are likely to depreciate faster than the Sony 3D display. Hopefully companies like Vizio will come out with simular smaller passive 3D displays...

I picked this up last time it was on sale for the same price.

Will everyone be happy with it? Does everyone EVER agree on EVERYTHING?

That said, I'm in IT. I'm a gadget nut. I like electronic toys, and I'm typing right now on an ASUS 17.3" widescreen laptop that I use as a desktop replacement. So I am famiilar with and like 17" - 24" widescreen displays. The Sony 3D 24" 240Hz LED display is amazing.

Now what everyone else has posted is true. It is NOT as bright as other LCD displays I've been used to. And the 3D glasses LOWER the brightness even further. So if your looking for the brightest display out there, this is NOT for you.

That said, I've watched Avatar 3D and Resident Evil Afterlife 3D using this display. I was NOT disappointed. The fact is, I have a cataract that needs surgery. I'm having it done RIGHT after New Year's. And the "quality" I see with 3D may not be the best right now, as one eye isn't focusing 100% despite a new set of lenses just a few months ago. But what I can see IS 3D, and is quite nice.

Is this a must buy for everyone? Absolutely not. Will many of you love it if you do? I believe you will. This is a small display meant for viewing with 3-5' IMHO. I'm going to try using it in my guest bedroom, at a distance of about 8'. I've already got the furniture setup, and just need to move the display in there and deal with the plug ins. And I'm thinking I'll get another set of 3D glasses, so we can fit 3 on the couch and watch movies when needed (I bought a 2nd pair from Best Buy the day I bought the display from Fry's).

I'm pretty happy with my purchase, if that helps.

bread's done
Back