PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

if it was a true exclusive smeone from MS or SE would come out and say it will never appear on PS4 and it is xbox only permanently.  But everyones response is holiday 2015, and no further comment... hahahahahaha!  PLus Sony will have plenty of exclusives that holiday that it won't matter...  Xbox has Halo and TR... Sony has UC4, Media Molecules game, Sony Bends Game, Gorilla's game, Sony Santa Monica's game....  We are supposed to hear about at least 4 exclusives today.  I am not worried.  MS can have TR, loved the game, but I got it for $20 and it was good at that price.

Remember when Phil Spencer said that there won't ever be a kinectless Xbox One? It's just a PR move to make sure they are still selling the Xbox One with Kinect. This Tomb Raider thing is just a Microsoft PR move to make sure people get the next Tomb Raider in Holiday 2015 for the Xbox One.
It's more bad PR from Microsoft, if this is timed like it's looking more than likely to be, it's just going to kill more consumer confidence in Microsoft further adding to the "cannot be trusted" perception they already have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on how long was this deal in the works? Months or days, if days then I guess MS got scared with TLOU 1.5 million day 1 sales and it being a system seller. At this point, if MS is truely desparate and scared of ND and Uncharted 4, they really could have paid 100 million for an XBONE only exclusive.
I think they are, and now they are doing the MS/EA way... throw money at the problems to try and stop competition. I have a feeling Sony isn't worried and know that what they bring today will change everyone's tune! This is the always 2 hour window before Sony's press conference when Xbox gamers think they have won and yes we did it... then BOOM!!!

if it was a true exclusive smeone from MS or SE would come out and say it will never appear on PS4 and it is xbox only permanently. But everyones response is holiday 2015, and no further comment... hahahahahaha! PLus Sony will have plenty of exclusives that holiday that it won't matter... Xbox has Halo and TR... Sony has UC4, Media Molecules game, Sony Bends Game, Gorilla's game, Sony Santa Monica's game.... We are supposed to hear about at least 4 exclusives today. I am not worried. MS can have TR, loved the game, but I got it for $20 and it was good at that price.
You lost me after UC4.

They do? I guess I disagree. It's not the kind of game you need to have Day 1.
they only do because in their minds they are taking away from sales to the PS4... however I don't beleive someone would buy a system for Tomb Raider... it is simply an add on to say this holiday only, get TR and Halo 5 on Xbox One.... just a PR move to hype it. Honestly it really doesn't have a direct benefit to anyone. But Xbox fans can rejoice all they want.

It's a direct competitor to Uncharted 4.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Also how did Splinter Cell: Conviction turn out as a Xbox exclusive?

Think MS only did this to compete with UC4 and NG. Honestly TR is the only thing that comes close to the quality of UC4/TLOU gameplay and franchise recogition wise. MS has to be scared of TLOU and 1.5 mill day 1 sales. Fact that it was a system seller has to be brutal. I have a PS3 and played TLOU on it, it was great but I would never buy a PS4 for it, that means alot of 360,wii, and non Sony console converts.

The game was announced at E3 and there was no talk of exclusivity. Scenario one, all gamers on XB1/PS4/PC are getting the game at the same time. Scenario two, RTR is an exclusive for the X1 and best case scenario PS4/PC might have to wait on a definitive edition down the road.

I think most people would say scenario one is the preferred outcome for the group at large.

Now from MS' perspective they are getting an exclusive which bolsters their holiday portofolio for 2015. CD and SE get some much needed money upfront and all parties are happy.

Think MS only did this to compete with UC4 and NG. Honestly TR is the only thing that comes close to the quality of UC4/TLOU gameplay and franchise recogition wise. MS has to be scared of TLOU and 1.5 mill day 1 sales. Fact that it was a system seller has to be brutal. I have a PS3 and played TLOU on it, it was great but I would never buy a PS4 for it, that means alot of 360,wii, and non Sony console converts.
I guess you've never heard of these small franchises called Halo or Gears?

Can you people really blame Microsoft for striking this deal for timed exclusivity of Tomb Raider? I believe that it was the contract from the heavens when they did it with GTA4, so why wouldn't they do it again. I don't think Microsoft is all like "let's let those Sony fanboys get it at the same time and lose all that potential money when we can have it exclusive and get ALL the money for the time being"

Legit question if this was ps4 only game would you guys bash Sony for doing it?
I'm not bashing MS, simply saying bad decision. Any third party exclusives are bad decisions... However I find it more funny how crazy MS fanboys like yourself get with these kind of announcements when almost no third party exclusives have stayed that way on Xbox...

Bioshock and Mass Effect come to mind. Especially when MS PR said ME would never come to Sony, and now MS can't even say that statement regarding this game, because if we are truly honest, this will be timed.

they only do because in their minds they are taking away from sales to the PS4... however I don't beleive someone would buy a system for Tomb Raider... it is simply an add on to say this holiday only, get TR and Halo 5 on Xbox One.... just a PR move to hype it. Honestly it really doesn't have a direct benefit to anyone. But Xbox fans can rejoice all they want.
Tomb Raider was a terrific game. It ranked right up there last year with TLoU for GOTY. If it was a true Xbox One exclusive, I would argue it would move some units at least like Titanfall did. You have to look at it from an MS standpoint, if they have no Uncharted, what other triple A action adventure game fills that void? Tomb Raider is a decent substitute. Obviously, I'm not trying to say TR > UC but my point still stands. I'm curious whether this will be a 360 game. But I am admittingly peeved that MS is resorting to third party exclusives. This was already on multiple platforms and now it's being held back due to a money hat. Boo hiss.

IMO any exlusive third party games are bad for gamers. However, if Sony, MS or Nintendo foot the development bill than by all means go for it. That's why I don't have a problem with Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Bayonetta 2 or Bloodborne.

Difference is people want to own a PS4, nobody really wants an Xbone, I have one and barely want it..

Seriously though, I guess you will get the answer to your question if Sony has done something similar which has been rumoured for weeks now.

IMO any exlusive third party games are bad for gamers. However, if Sony, MS or Nintendo foot the development bill than by all means go for it. That's why I don't have a problem with Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Bayonetta 2 or Bloodborne.
I agree who knows if those games are maid with out that help. We already know titanfall was dead if it was not for ms.

Exactly. I was upset that Titanfall was Xbox exclusive up until I heard they put in their own money so the game could actually be finished. That's all fine and dandy. The problem is paying for exclusivity not because the game needs funds to finish, but because they want more exclusives on their system. I would rather they put their money into more first party studios if they are that concerned with it.

I guess you've never heard of these small franchises called Halo or Gears?
The developers that made those franchises system sellers are gone. Halo4 and GoW: Judgement prove that without the original guys behind the development, the quality just is not there and I believe sales suffered and it is unproven if that situatiion makes a system seller. Sony has the guys behind TLOU behind UC4 and the TLOU sold systems.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12003154" timestamp="1407862962"]

Difference is people want to own a PS4, nobody really wants an Xbone, I have one and barely want it..

I don't know if that was joke or a dumb legit opinion.

But then there are games Like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Killzone Mercenary. I just rendered your point invalid
He was talking about system sellers. Halo4/GoW: J or any of the games that you mentioned were not systems sellers. Maybe Ghost of Sparta.

ethan-carter-34.jpg
???

He was talking about system sellers. Halo4/GoW: J or any of the games that you mentioned were not systems sellers. Maybe Ghost of Sparta.
Halo 4 did not need to be system seller that late in system life. Bungie last couple halos were garbage also so that point is even more dumb

Seriously though, I guess you will get the answer to your question if Sony has done something similar which has been rumoured for weeks now.
I got a XBone, factory refurb for $200 and I dont even use it, I only got it because it was so cheap, maybe I 'll get to play halo for the first time ever with that collection coming soon.

DayZ coming to PS4.

Edit:

New Ninja Theory game! Hellblade *timed exclusive*

bread's done
Back