PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Yeah its nitpicky but just seems like an unneeded move. Yeah I did go though taking out all my 0%  stuff.

Actually the thing I like the mos they added is a restart option.

Anything new in the Vita update?

Edited: after finally having sometime with the new update, I really enjoy the Suspend/Resume, just like I thought I would. Using the stopwatch on my phone, it took 9 seconds to boot into the Valley of the Yetis in FarCry4. Before it would take 1-2 minutes to boot into the menu and then select the game mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a chance to put a couple hours into Bloodborne last night, and after not liking Dark Souls at all, I found myself actually liking the game a lot(so far).

The first 45 minutes or so was brutal since I had no idea what I was doing, but once I started to get it and began to pace myself I starting making some progress.  Looking forward to delving in a little deeper this weekend.

I finally got a chance to put a couple hours into Bloodborne last night, and after not liking Dark Souls at all, I found myself actually liking the game a lot(so far).

The first 45 minutes or so was brutal since I had no idea what I was doing, but once I started to get it and began to pace myself I starting making some progress. Looking forward to delving in a little deeper this weekend.
I hope you're right. I impulse bought the game on my phone from a restaurant i was having lunch at that happened to be across the street from bestbuy. I played about 5 minutes died to the first two enemies said "fuck this" and have been playing sunset overddrive ever since.

Suspend/Resume works like a charm, I loaded into Bloodborne in about ten seconds. Such a great feature. It also looks like the "friends who play this" has been fixed as well and its been updated to show if they are online or not which is nice.

Im not happy about the PS store being moved at all, it doesn't feel right where its at now. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Isn't it a little bit faster pace then the Souls games? As in instead of blocking and being on the defensive, your more on the offensive? Never played the Souls games but I've always wanted to. Debating on picking up BloodBorne but want to work through some of the games I still have sealed.

From my understanding the games are difficult, but they also give a sense of accomplishment when you finally beat a boss or get to the next part?

Any way to disable the your microphone has switched to usb headset message? I get this whenever I turn on my ps4

I have to agree the suspend resume feature is great. Hopping into a game within seconds instead of minutes is great. I'm going to be spoiled now!
Its really great, Im happy both my consoles can do it now!

Isn't it a little bit faster pace then the Souls games? As in instead of blocking and being on the defensive, your more on the offensive? Never played the Souls games but I've always wanted to. Debating on picking up BloodBorne but want to work through some of the games I still have sealed.
From my understanding the games are difficult, but they also give a sense of accomplishment when you finally beat a boss or get to the next part?
Yes.

It was possible to slog through Dark Souls by playing lots of defense, which is nearly impossible in Bloodborne. You can dodge attack by diving out of the way but that's about it. It continues to encourage to to play offense with this cool mechanic that allows to gain health back after being hit by persevering with your attacks rather than running away.

You just have to think and strategize a bit rather than just running through enemies.

ill tey ebay or craigslist i guess. So far on craiglist best offer was trade for dying light
If you have a seller account on Amazon that is by far the best, no fees for the money transfer and Amazon takes less than eBay. Only negative is Amazon sits on the money for about 2 weeks before they transfer it to your account.

Edit: Well CraigsList is better since there are no fees at all, but then you have the hassle of hagglers and setting up a meeting spot and hoping they show up, not sure it's worth the couple extra bucks.

[quote name="asspickle" post="12595252" timestamp="1427388845"]Any way to disable the your microphone has switched to usb headset message? I get this whenever I turn on my ps4

Its really great, Im happy both my consoles can do it now![/quote]
I also wish there was a way to disable this. Gets annoying after a while lol

Is the auto screen shot when you get a trophy always on? I cant seem to find anything about that in the settings. I would think it would be an option to turn on or off.

Also i found the option to turn the music off for my new god of war theme in the sound and screen settings, which is awesome because it might get annoying after a while.

Is the auto screen shot when you get a trophy always on? I cant seem to find anything about that in the settings. I would think it would be an option to turn on or off.

Also i found the option to turn the music off for my new god of war theme in the sound and screen settings, which is awesome because it might get annoying after a while.
I dont think you can turn it off which sucks since most of the screenshots will be of you staring at a wall or the ground. :whistle2:|

Hello I just buy a ps4 , and I have a question about PSN+ , I share the system with my husband so if one of us buy a PSN+ subscription the other can play online and share the game downloaded into the system between us like the ps3? Or we both need to buy PSN+ to play online? Thanks

Hello I just buy a ps4 , and I have a question about PSN+ , I share the system with my husband so if one of us buy a PSN+ subscription the other can play online and share the game downloaded into the system between us like the ps3? Or we both need to buy PSN+ to play online? Thanks
Pretty sure you'll only need one PS+ account.

[quote name="RedRose" post="12597008" timestamp="1427453927"]Hello I just buy a ps4 , and I have a question about PSN+ , I share the system with my husband so if one of us buy a PSN+ subscription the other can play online and share the game downloaded into the system between us like the ps3? Or we both need to buy PSN+ to play online? Thanks[/quote]
Yeah you only need one subscription. In fact you don't even need to be logged in on the other profile. As long as the one with the plus membership is set to primary on the system then you should have no problems. Just keep in mind all the games you get with plus will not be playable after your subscription ends but when you reactivate it then you regain the licenses for the games.

LOL at playing bloodborne for 5 minutes and giving up. it took me longer to beat the first two bosses than it did for me to beat the entire game of the order 1886.

LOL at playing bloodborne for 5 minutes and giving up. it took me longer to beat the first two bosses than it did for me to beat the entire game of the order 1886.
My friend is a first time souls player and was about to do the same thing, he stuck with it though and now cant stop playing. Theres definitely a learning curve for newcomers but once you get the hang of eveything the game is amazing. :)

My friend is a first time souls player and was about to do the same thing, he stuck with it though and now cant stop playing. Theres definitely a learning curve for newcomers but once you get the hang of eveything the game is amazing. :)
ive never played a souls game before bloodborne. its hard but i was expecting worse honestly. especially since you can call for help via co-op for the bosses

ive never played a souls game before bloodborne. its hard but i was expecting worse honestly. especially since you can call for help via co-op for the bosses
Coop helps a lot, but it can still be hard and frustrating for some people. You just have to stick with it and not give up after 5 minutes lol

I think(for me at least), while the game is still hard and can be punishing, it has a bit less of a learning curve than Dark Souls. It seemed like I "got it" a whole lot quicker and once you get it you really get sucked in.

I think the main difficulty is not actually in the difficulty, but in how far apart the save points are.

Ive already broken even on ebay bidding so i didnt do too bad. Not my cup of tea what can i say. I blame the cag peer pressue for making me buy it

In defense of Bloodborne a lot of games aren't really good in the first half hour.  It sounds unreasonable at first but sometimes they just require that investment before you can really get into it.  If anything, this game has a better first half hour than Dark Souls and Dark Souls is a highly regarded game.

Ive already broken even on ebay bidding so i didnt do too bad. Not my cup of tea what can i say. I blame the cag peer pressue for making me buy it
Could have just waited on price drops, but no loss really.

Series does have a ridiculous difficulty and learning curve.

Has anyone else noticed that in the theme settings you can now change the back drop shadow of text. I can now see the text perfectly on white themes. Also, if you are experiencing poor network speeds try changing your DNS settings to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 this worked miracles for me.

Yeah you only need one subscription. In fact you don't even need to be logged in on the other profile. As long as the one with the plus membership is set to primary on the system then you should have no problems. Just keep in mind all the games you get with plus will not be playable after your subscription ends but when you reactivate it then you regain the licenses for the games.
Thank you for the help!!!

Could have just waited on price drops, but no loss really.

Series does have a ridiculous difficulty and learning curve.
I'm on vacation from work and the restaurant across the street from best buy has $1 chicago style hotdogs on Wednesdays. I kinda just bought it on a whim while waiting for my food to be ready

Playstation France posted on Twitter that Spotify is coming May 30th. That seems weird to me considering Music Unlimited ends next week. I was hoping Spotify would come out next week. As a current Spotify user, that has the service locked in until September, I can not wait until it's available on PS4. Music Unlimited worked really well and I hope Spotify can be used in a similar way.

Playstation France posted on Twitter that Spotify is coming May 30th. That seems weird to me considering Music Unlimited ends next week. I was hoping Spotify would come out next week. As a current Spotify user, that has the service locked in until September, I can not wait until it's available on PS4. Music Unlimited worked really well and I hope Spotify can be used in a similar way.
I dont trust PS France twitter, that seems too far off since like you said Music Unlimited ends next week. I'll wait for a official announcement. I love Spotify so I hope we dont have to wait that long, being able to use it on the ps4 is gonna be amazing!!

Seems like since the update, getting the "new message" notification seems hit and miss. Sometimes i get it, sometimes i dont. Anyone else having this problem?
Working fine for me.

In defense of Bloodborne a lot of games aren't really good in the first half hour. It sounds unreasonable at first but sometimes they just require that investment before you can really get into it. If anything, this game has a better first half hour than Dark Souls and Dark Souls is a highly regarded game.
the game is just very punishing, especially for beginngers, and it does not hold your hand. you had to find out everything on your own. unless you look up guides or youtube videos

it is not meant for casuals, who just want to pick up the controllers, and play 1 -2 hrs here and there. you have to actually invest time to learn it.

bread's done
Back