PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Just to follow on this thread.  I played through all of Knack on the Normal level and never had a lock up issue.  Never tried to share anything while I played through it, but it worked just fine on my system without any issues.  

I am keep getting these two error while trying to log in on ps4 (NW-31453-6) and (31194-8).
No issue in PS3 i can easily logged in on PS3.

I can create new account but can't logged in using existing old account.
Have you tried completely turning it off ? Sometimes I get that first one but a hard reset always fixes it for me.

I bought my PS4 off Bestbuy.com last week expecting it Christmas Eve my question is do they still come wtih 30 day free PSN and the $10 credit or was that only launch PS4s?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="VidgamesgivemeA_D_D" post="11377042" timestamp="1387772068"]I bought my PS4 off Bestbuy.com last week expecting it Christmas Eve my question is do they still come wtih 30 day free PSN and the $10 credit or was that only launch PS4s?[/quote]
I believe, it's just a way to get you to spend money on psn so I doubt they would take it out.

I put in an hour or so into Warframe. Its pretty lackluster, I know to get any gear will be an pretty long grind too. 3/5 as I had some fun but it was still pretty meh.

I have every Ass Creed game from 2 to 3, haven't even finished 2, yet I bought 4 and I am eagerly awaiting it to arrive in the mail.

The whole your a pirate sold me.

Plus those PS4 graphics, maybe not as good as PC but then again don't have to worry about a shitty port.

Question. Why the fuck can't I pause downloads yet?

That is annoying and well I have slowish internet and when two games want to update, it's faster for me to do one at a time.

That is annoying and well I have slowish internet and when two games want to update, it's faster for me to do one at a time.
I have this exact same problem, my Internet is trash and I really need to have the ability to pause downloads. It's a rediculous oversight by Sony to not include such a basic feature imo.

Does anyone experience delays when touching the eject button on their ps4? Noticed in my unit that sometimes the button is super responsive (ejects disc even with slightest touch) and sometimes i have to hold the button down for 3-5 secs to get my disc out. Btw in both cases, all games (application) are closed. Hopefully a firmware update can fix this or something coz its kinda annoying imo.

anyone else not able to sign on? did christmas day traffic bog down psn?

edit: im signed into psn, but when i go to killzone, it says psn is under going maintenance. weird.

edit 2: works now. i dunno what happened there.

Is the default setting to save your game online if you have  PS Plus? My son played through 4 missions of BF4 and can't find his progress. wondered if its because of the server maintenance?

Got a PS4 today, total surprise! Borrowing KZ and will pickup maybe Ghosts and BF4 soon..

Add me I have no friends lol the-nexus6

System is v. nice though, PSN is having problems (obviously) but wow KZ looks awesome graphically.

Got a PS4 today, total surprise! Borrowing KZ and will pickup maybe Ghosts and BF4 soon..

Add me I have no friends lol the-nexus6

System is v. nice though, PSN is having problems (obviously) but wow KZ looks awesome graphically.
Yeah the Nintendo Network is also having problems too.

I have a temp workaround as I had the same issue until I moved.

It requires an Ethernet cord, so you need to be relatively close to the modem. (Unless your one of those people who has it webbed thru the entire house.)

Anyway, you initiate any and all DLs while on hard line. Unplug it. You will get a message that your downloads failed. Now you can resume them one by one.

Any word on the red and blue controller for the us? I remember it was suppose to be out by the end of the year, which is almost here lol

Any word on the red and blue controller for the us? I remember it was suppose to be out by the end of the year, which is almost here lol
That was the plan, but they haven't really said anything else as far as I know. They'll probably just show up randomly early next year. They're still having trouble making enough consoles and accessories, which probably isn't going to change anytime soon. They still have the Japanese launch in February to worry about before they make different color controllers.

Last night my ps4 goes into safe mode and performed HDD scan after waking up from standby mode, so now i am scared lol.

Anyone else having this issue yet?

Aren't they(controllers) already out in the UK? Or did that wind up not happening?
I just checked Amazon.uk and you're right. They're out in the UK, but the reds and blues are sold out on Amazon.uk and probably everywhere else too. Sony also released the official vertical stand there too, but it's also sold out along with the Playstation Camera.

I just checked Amazon.uk and you're right. They're out in the UK, but the reds and blues are sold out on Amazon.uk and probably everywhere else too. Sony also released the official vertical stand there too, but it's also sold out along with the Playstation Camera.
Huh, so weird then...

Like you said before they'll probably just start trickling out over the next few months. I remember when I got my White DS3 back in 2008, there was no official release or anything, just reports of people finding them in random in WallMarts & the like. Within 4-6 months it and other colors were fairly easy to find.

Anyone having an issue where they've purchased Flow previously, but it's not showing up to download on PS4? 

I mean, I know I've beaten it and I know I bought it a long time ago, but it's not showing up anywhere. (Not even on my PS3) I do have the trophies for the PS3 version, so I'm just all kinds of confused.

[quote name="KillerRamen" post="11408329" timestamp="1388639289"]Anyone having an issue where they've purchased Flow previously, but it's not showing up to download on PS4?
I mean, I know I've beaten it and I know I bought it a long time ago, but it's not showing up anywhere. (Not even on my PS3) I do have the trophies for the PS3 version, so I'm just all kinds of confused.[/quote]

I think I was able to download it through the PS3-to-PS4 section of the PS store. It showed up without any problems.

I'm in the Philippines now and they have the Blue controllers here at least (asian version, haven't seen any red ones yet), but they are about $80 so I think I'm going to try and wait it out until they come out in the US since I didn't bring my PS4 here anyways.  The blue looks really nice though in person.  Also they have the newest Dynasty Warriors game out here, but that is about $90 where I saw it (Data Blitz in Trinoma for anyone who happens to be in the Philippines and wants it), tempted to get that one but I don't read Chinese (it is the Asian version) and it has no English in game (says the box).  Anyone imported it yet?  Also I'm glad of our prices in the US, here the PS4 is about $750 (high import duty), but it is readily available at most stores and just came out here Dec 18th.

I just saw the prices for the PS4 Camera on Ebay/ Amazon... Why are they going for so much? I realize there is a shortage I guess, but there is only one game for it... right?

I just saw the prices for the PS4 Camera on Ebay/ Amazon... Why are they going for so much? I realize there is a shortage I guess, but there is only one game for it... right?
Correct. Though it's also the easiest way to make use of the voice commands, which is part of the OS and is in a couple other games.

I have a camera but mine is just sitting there in front of my PS4 still in the original package because I haven't had much of a reason to use it yet. I think I'm gonna list that baby.

I have a camera but mine is just sitting there in front of my PS4 still in the original package because I haven't had much of a reason to use it yet. I think I'm gonna list that baby.
ya i just watched one end at $117. my gamestop has like 6 cameras. wtf. gonna go buy one tomorrow
I checked my gamestop today just to see if they had them instock and they didn't. I have one coming from Sony but I will probably hang on to it. Happy reselling though.

Started shopping for a camera last weekend, was at a huge GS, and they had none in  stock, nor did my local store. Found several in a local Target, but I would have rather waited and been able to accumulate power up reward points. My local GS manager is awesome, and hunted down a preowned camera for me, had it transferred, and it showed up at my local store yesterday, in immaculate condition, not a bad pickup, for $52.

I was also baffled by the price inflation of them online. Gamestop seems to be in short supply, but Target had full stock, a little research shows that Walmart, and BB have none available in stores.

Edit: further research shows that no Target stores within reach have it in stock now either..geez

I checked my gamestop today just to see if they had them instock and they didn't. I have one coming from Sony but I will probably hang on to it. Happy reselling though.
I never really had any intention of reselling it but I figure if there isn't really any compelling reason to open the thing up, particularly in light of how much its going for, I figure I might as well sell it off.

I would like to get the camera eventually but so far only one game supports it (just dance 2014) and the 2 apps that work with it.

I would like to get the camera eventually but so far only one game supports it (just dance 2014) and the 2 apps that work with it.
Yeah, Just Dance is the only full retail game that supports it and from what I was reading it doesn't even work as well as using the move with Just Dance...

bread's done
Back