PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

yeah, the thought has occurred to me that he might just really like the attention he gets.
really dude answer my question what lies did i get into again? not sure if your talking about me hating cod and play more of bf which is 200 times better game or the gamer score thing that happend 4 years ago which not sure why i would lie about that but ok.

really dude answer my question what lies did i get into again? not sure if your talking about me hating cod and play more of bf which is 200 times better game or the gamer score thing that happend 4 years ago which not sure why i would lie about that but ok.
You've been caught in so many lies on these forums.. and then to sit and act shocked when someone calls you out for one.. :rofl: Why don't you run off to your Xbox forum so Neo can give you a handy and we can get back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been caught in so many lies on these forums.. and then to sit and act shocked when someone calls you out for one.. :rofl: Why don't you run off to your Xbox forum so Neo can give you a handy and we can get back on topic.
thing is none what i said the last two horus about my gamer score and cod was a lie but i decline your invite with neo i don't want to be with a crazy killer

Finally got my replacement ps4. Only have one issue so far.

On the first ps4 that broke on launch day, I had already downloaded contrast and resogun. When I go to download them again they download just fine like that are ps+ free games. When I go to play them however they have a lock on the start button and say I dont have a license to play it. I tried to redo licenses in the psn settings, still dont work. Deleted and redownloaded. Still dont work.

Any ideas on what else to try? 

what lies? i guess i made 8bit artist mad because i hated on his fav game franchise ever.:/
hahaha, i called you out on contradicting yourself within 10 minutes of one post to the next and what a horrible poster you are. then myself and other people proceeded to make fun of you for other stuff (just remember, a system seller is a game that SELLS systems, not sells systems).

ZOMG you platted CoD ghosts in 1 day LOLZ, meanwhile this dude has a CoD: Ghosts shirt on his fucking xbox avatar and bought the expensive version while i just gamestop rented mine.

HJWawLk.gif

hahaha, i called you out on contradicting yourself within 10 minutes of one post to the next and what a horrible poster you are. then myself and other people proceeded to make fun of you for other stuff (just remember, a system seller is a game that SELLS systems, not sells systems).

ZOMG you platted CoD ghosts in 1 day LOLZ, meanwhile this dude has a CoD: Ghosts shirt on his fucking xbox avatar and bought the expensive version while i just gamestop rented mine.

HJWawLk.gif
got the most expensive version thanks to this website and best buy price error for 60 bucks and sold the camera for 150 bucks. so pretty much got the game for free and will make profit when i trade it into gamestop once they do better trade in offers.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

point being, youre calling cod my fav franchise ever when youre the one buying the prestige edition and being a self proclaimed cod addict till mw3.

Got my PS4 last week and upgraded HDD last night to the Seagate SSHD 1TB as it was on sale for $99 a few days ago.  However, I had a heck of a time getting the PS4 to recognize any of the USBs I have in my house.  It took multiple attempts to finally get the update to take.  Then I had the exact same issue trying to get the system to recognize the USB again to find the saved game data to put back on the console. 

Checking online seems like this has been happening to others as well.  I am just wondering if there is an ideal USB size and maker that plays well with the PS4 better than others so I can skip having this issue in the future in case I want to do something else.  Granted the USBs I have around the house are all older and probably not 3.0 but they all work fine in the computers around the house.

I got an email hours ago stating the Xbone was back in stock, and apparently still in stock. The PS4, however, is gone again.
Zoolert says it was in stock for 8 hours on amazon last night. It's very clear that either demand for the xbox one is softer or the supply is greater. I'm going to bet that demand is less. When will Sony and Microsoft release their numbers? January?

Quick phone call to sony last night fixed my license issue. Since I used my first ps4 a bit before it broke it was activated as my primary ps4 on psn. They had to deactivate it so I could activate my new ps4 as primary.

Glad that whole ordeal is done with and I can finally use it. Semi Funny thing to me about it is they literally sent me a brand one. They opened the box, stripped out the accessories,cut off the serial code from the box, and packed that up and shipped it overnight to me. Was expecting to just get the console in a generic box.

Quick phone call to sony last night fixed my license issue. Since I used my first ps4 a bit before it broke it was activated as my primary ps4 on psn. They had to deactivate it so I could activate my new ps4 as primary.

Glad that whole ordeal is done with and I can finally use it. Semi Funny thing to me about it is they literally sent me a brand one. They opened the box, stripped out the accessories,cut off the serial code from the box, and packed that up and shipped it overnight to me. Was expecting to just get the console in a generic box.
That was what I suspected the problem was, good to know should I have any problems in the future.

Zoolert says it was in stock for 8 hours on amazon last night. It's very clear that either demand for the xbox one is softer or the supply is greater. I'm going to bet that demand is less. When will Sony and Microsoft release their numbers? January?
I think Sony's been pretty upfront about their numbers already (i.e. more than 2 million units), Microsoft has mostly spewed BS about "unprecented demand" and number of zombies killed and miles driven without much in the way of hard numbers.

Huh, I'm slow... It took me a while to figure out that my PS4 turns itself on when I turn on my TV. :lol:
You can turn that on/disable it in the settings. PS3 had that feature as well, though a lot of people had no idea about it.

I believe it only works with Sony sets though.

Some anecdotal evidence of this was my local gamestop launch comparisons. At launch for PS4, they had 75 preorders and like 10 units to sell for non pre-orders.

For XB1 they had 20 preorders and 8 for non.

Whoever asked about the artifacting in NFS Rivals - they were totally right.  I see it now, consistently.  I love the game, but the constant server drops and occasional glitchy game play (cops/racers dropping in from out of nowhere) are really starting to piss me off.

I finally completed both Racer and Cop careers last night.  Working on filling in the objectives I skipped.  I'm level 23 racer and 21 cop.

You can turn that on/disable it in the settings. PS3 had that feature as well, though a lot of people had no idea about it.

I believe it only works with Sony sets though.
HDMI w/ Ethernet and the Audio Return Channel is something that became the standard with HDMI 1.4, so it should work with all tvs that have HDMI 1.4 or above (my TV is a Panasonic 3DTV). I just had no idea that the PS3 used it, but I guess it's not all that surprising since HDMI 1.4 is also needed for 3D HDTV.

With the PS4 it's the default setting, but I just checked and it's not the default setting on the PS3.

Got my PS4 last week and upgraded HDD last night to the Seagate SSHD 1TB as it was on sale for $99 a few days ago. However, I had a heck of a time getting the PS4 to recognize any of the USBs I have in my house. It took multiple attempts to finally get the update to take. Then I had the exact same issue trying to get the system to recognize the USB again to find the saved game data to put back on the console.

Checking online seems like this has been happening to others as well. I am just wondering if there is an ideal USB size and maker that plays well with the PS4 better than others so I can skip having this issue in the future in case I want to do something else. Granted the USBs I have around the house are all older and probably not 3.0 but they all work fine in the computers around the house.
Size isn't an issue, but the read/write speed seems to be. It had no problem USB 2.0 PAtriot Flex, but it really liked the usb 3.0 Patriot Supersonic Rage XT. I also used a Western Digital passport which also worked nicely.

HDMI w/ Ethernet and the Audio Return Channel is something that became the standard with HDMI 1.4, so it should work with all tvs that have HDMI 1.4 or above (my TV is a Panasonic 3DTV). I just had no idea that the PS3 used it, but I guess it's not all that surprising since HDMI 1.4 id also needed for 3D HDTV.

With the PS4 it's the default setting, but I just checked and it's not the default setting on the PS4.
Ah, wasn't aware that it would work with most tv's now. I've only tried it with my Sony.

There's actually quite a few neat feature on PS3 that are hidden in there, they're only unknown due to Sony sneaking them in there via firmware updates and not doing the greatest job of letting people know what they did.

In the process of upgrading my PS4 HDD to the 1TB hybrid I got from New Egg.  Took about 2 minutes for the software to load.  Completely impressed.

Is Sony no longer shipping consoles with the official Sony tape?  I just received one from Amazon and it just has clear tape on the end.  Is this a return?

Does anyone know if the Sony tape leaves some marking so you know that the Sony tape was removed?
I just checked mine. Since I cut through the Sony tape, my tape was still on. I attempted to remove it very carefully, but it still took stuff off the box leaving white spots. I guess it could be possible to remove the seal w/o leaving some sort of evidence behind, but it would take a lot of effort. With that said, it's still strange that your PS4 came with clear tape and not the Sony tape/seal. It looks like regular scotch tape too, not what you would normally find sealing a box.

The story I was just reading on Reddit, someone else said their new system from gamestop had clear tape.  The rumor is that some boxes were sealed with clear tape because the instructions were missing in some boxes.  What I'm curious about is have others received consoles with clear tape.  The only ones I've seen have blue tape. 

I can say that it's not scotch tape.  It's heavier like packaging tape but narrow then what I would buy at the store. 

All I can say to that is when I worked at best buy vendors would open up boxes all the time for various reasons (shipment missing a part/instructions, adding in stuff for a bundle, etc) and then just resealed it, so they may have had to do something with it after it was initially sealed. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Or hell maybe the original tape came loose.

Picture attached

Damn! I just started a thread about something like this.

I had two consoles come from Amazon; one had clear tape like yours and just like you described it wasn't scotch tape but sturdy clear tape placed exactly where the ordinary PS Seal (blue) would have been. I carefully removed that clear seal and everything was inside that box that was supposed to be (S/N on PS4 matched that on the outside of the box) but the console had finger prints on it and the plastic film that covers the PS4 had been removed and put back on because it wasn't on their neatly like it is supposed to be.

I also received another console that had a sticker on the shipping box with a barcode that read "Not for Sale -- Replacement Console --- PS4" and then over the UPC on the actual PS4 product box was another sticker with a barcode that read "Replacement Console --- PS4"

So I'm wondering if these are returns or refurbished units or repaired units or a second wave from Sony that had been tested first.

Either way it is odd.

Damn! I just started a thread about something like this.

I had two consoles come from Amazon; one had clear tape like yours and just like you described it wasn't scotch tape but sturdy clear tape placed exactly where the ordinary PS Seal (blue) would have been. I carefully removed that clear seal and everything was inside that box that was supposed to be (S/N on PS4 matched that on the outside of the box) but the console had finger prints on it and the plastic film that covers the PS4 had been removed and put back on because it wasn't on their neatly like it is supposed to be.

I also received another console that had a sticker on the shipping box with a barcode that read "Not for Sale -- Replacement Console --- PS4" and then over the UPC on the actual PS4 product box was another sticker with a barcode that read "Replacement Console --- PS4"

So I'm wondering if these are returns or refurbished units or repaired units or a second wave from Sony that had been tested first.

Either way it is odd.
The first one would not concern me as much as the second. My advice would be to decide if it's good enough to keep. If so, contact Amazon and advise them of your discoveries/issues and they'll either offer a replacement, discount, or future credit.

The first one would not concern me as much as the second. My advice would be to decide if it's good enough to keep. If so, contact Amazon and advise them of your discoveries/issues and they'll either offer a replacement, discount, or future credit.
Well even though the second one had the "...replacement console" stickers on it it actually did have the blue PS4 seal intact whereas the first one didn't have any "replacement" stickers but it had the clear seal.

The story I was just reading on Reddit, someone else said their new system from gamestop had clear tape. The rumor is that some boxes were sealed with clear tape because the instructions were missing in some boxes. What I'm curious about is have others received consoles with clear tape. The only ones I've seen have blue tape.
i got the same when i picked it up from target this week, i did research before i opened it. PS4 is new ( i hope )

got my ps4 few hours ago: gave it a few hours and I think it just takes getting used to. its not ps3 2.0. its ps4. its different.

i didnt expect killzone to have changed so much and have no chat support!

COD Ghosts is alright, i mean its COD, but what I do like is the perks, cuz i never use tacticals or lethals or seceondaries, so the added perks are great. the maps are great too, good designs and larger sizes. the controller is fascinating

i think the ds4 steals the show really. nice features here and there like cross chat. i like it, i think i need some games to really amaze me, but i think its a great foundation for sony to build something special on. hoping for awesome games by march.

Well even though the second one had the "...replacement console" stickers on it it actually did have the blue PS4 seal intact whereas the first one didn't have any "replacement" stickers but it had the clear seal.
Wow selling a replacement console as new, that's not cool someone at Sony is shipping the wrong product out it sounds.

As early on in the game as we are I highly doubt any of these consoles are refurbs. This is pretty interesting though... Could even be PS4's packaged from different centers do things differently, some batches used a different kind of tape or even they simply ran out of the blue tape temporarily.

So how exactly do I register my ps4 to make sure i get the year warranty?
If it's anything like the vita, you don't have to do anything special. If you have an issue within the first year, you can contact them via their website or phone and they'll ask for the serial number and (the important part) proof of purchase - specifically a receipt from wherever you bought it. If you need to send the console in, you'll have to include that proof of purchase and it must be valid and legible, otherwise they'll send it back unrepaired (or so they say).

Picture attached
Because I am such an OCD person when it comes to this crap, I take extra care in unwrapping new tech. For my box, it had the blue tape with the PS symbol on it, but underneath that was a clear peice of tape just like you are seeing in this picture. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I always find it odd that you need proof of purchase when the system has been on the market for all of 3 weeks. 

bread's done
Back