PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Yeah they still have 6 more countries to launch in over the next 2 weeks, plus replenish North American and EU before Christmas. I believe Sony said they will hit their target of 3 mil by end of year and 5 mil by March. Good stuff. :beer:

Meanwhile Microsoft can't even sell through their day one editions. :rofl:
They can't? I went to the local stores here and there are no Green Box xbox 1s or Day One editions the stores are empty of both. The only place I see selling Xbox 1s is the Microsoft website selling $700 packages which are rather expensive.

Oh man, 2.1 million already? Sony's sold through numbers for the first quarter might match Nintendo's shipped numbers for a year...
According to CNN this morning MS and Sony sold 1 million + on their launch days. Nintendo sold 850,000 from Jan through September.

I think Nintendo is the company that is going to be in trouble. Sony will clearly be in first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't? I went to the local stores here and there are no Green Box xbox 1s or Day One editions the stores are empty of both. The only place I see selling Xbox 1s is the Microsoft website selling $700 packages which are rather expensive.
I realize different regions will provide different results, and there are all kinds of varying factors, but these have been my findings.

Since PS4 launch, I've yet to see one out in the wild - I know 3 people that are trying to find one so I've had an eye out to try and help them out. As for XBO, I've seen them in a four different stores without even looking for them every time(so for all I know even more stores have them available.

I'm not saying this concretely means anything, but at least in my area it seems to suggest that PS4 is selling out/better while XBO seems readily available, even with the Day One Editions.

According to CNN this morning MS and Sony sold 1 million + on their launch days. Nintendo sold 850,000 from Jan through September.

I think Nintendo is the company that is going to be in trouble. Sony will clearly be in first place.
To be fair, Nintendo did sell 3 million during the holiday season last year. The difference here is that Sony hasn't launched in Asia yet.

nintendo has more money than sony or microsoft does in their gaming division. they can make a few shitty consoles before theyre "in trouble". the wii made a killing and the 3ds is still making a killing.

To be fair, Nintendo did sell 3 million during the holiday season last year. The difference here is that Sony hasn't launched in Asia yet.
There is no difference right now, as the limiting factor is not regions launched but number of consoles. These companies only have a finite number of consoles to sell. Presumably as they manufacture more they'll sell more. This is where you'll see Sony pull away from M$ if the sales trend is true. Next year will be more telling than all the sales figures today.

IMO, third party support is going to be the reason Sony and M$ will sell more than Nintendo did this past year but if there is no compelling content then you can bet sales figures will suffer.

There is no difference right now, as the limiting factor is not regions launched but number of consoles. These companies only have a finite number of consoles to sell. Presumably as they manufacture more they'll sell more. This is where you'll see Sony pull away from M$ if the sales trend is true. Next year will be more telling than all the sales figures today.

IMO, third party support is going to be the reason Sony and M$ will sell more than Nintendo did this past year but if there is no compelling content then you can bet sales figures will suffer.
Here is where no Xbot fan will admit, but Sony could have a huge Spring!! Yes, I know Titanfall is coming, however, I feel like the Hype from E3 is dying, and the game is coming to 360 and PC...

Where as we will be seeing the biggest games yet and the big time exclusives will start coming out like The Order, and Second Son. Not to mention the hype that will come when they finally start showing off what all the Sony developers are coming up with, game over!

I am surprised that Sony has had such a head start in numbers, especially all these wonderful exclusives Xbox fans like Neo and Timbo keep talking about? :lol:

Xbox will be fine overall because they have a company like Microsoft backing them, Sony needed this the most out of all three gaming companies, another bad system or loss in profits and that could have been the beginning of the end for Sony. I have always been an Xbox person since I got the original Xbox, but Sony has won me back by seeming to actually care and listen to gamers. Microsoft is a Computer software company first and foremost, Xbox is just a money grab for them. PS is Sony's main source of gains, there other divisions are bringing it down. And now with this launch they see that this is where they can succeed.

Here is where no Xbot fan will admit, but Sony could have a huge Spring!! Yes, I know Titanfall is coming, however, I feel like the Hype from E3 is dying, and the game is coming to 360 and PC...

Where as we will be seeing the biggest games yet and the big time exclusives will start coming out like The Order, and Second Son. Not to mention the hype that will come when they finally start showing off what all the Sony developers are coming up with, game over!

I am surprised that Sony has had such a head start in numbers, especially all these wonderful exclusives Xbox fans like Neo and Timbo keep talking about? :lol:

Xbox will be fine overall because they have a company like Microsoft backing them, Sony needed this the most out of all three gaming companies, another bad system or loss in profits and that could have been the beginning of the end for Sony. I have always been an Xbox person since I got the original Xbox, but Sony has won me back by seeming to actually care and listen to gamers. Microsoft is a Computer software company first and foremost, Xbox is just a money grab for them. PS is Sony's main source of gains, there other divisions are bringing it down. And now with this launch they see that this is where they can succeed.
Agreed. Sony's Asia launch will offset any gains M$ gets due to Titanfall (unless it ends up being a huge seller). To be frank, I would be shocked if Sony is not the clear leader by the fall. That said, I do fear lack of content.

Actually the Xbox brand might be in a more precarious position than outright appearances lead to. There seems to be an increasing discontent among the board and shareholders at the Xbox division's operating with little to no profit. Their revenue for Xbox division might be high but their costs are seemingly pretty high as well. Unless they start turning a more solid profit on a consistent basis and if Microsoft's overall market presence keeps slipping to Google and Apple, this could mean a selling off or outright shutting down of the Xbox division.

There's reasons why all 3 console companies have tough positions in this race. There's also reasons why all 3 are positioned well. I certainly do think we've reached a point in the video game industry which will prevent us from having another Dreamcast situation though, the industry is just too big with such a wide variety of interests to represent for one of the consoles to go completely belly up.

Actually the Xbox brand might be in a more precarious position than outright appearances lead to. There seems to be an increasing discontent among the board and shareholders at the Xbox division's operating with little to no profit. Their revenue for Xbox division might be high but their costs are seemingly pretty high as well. Unless they start turning a more solid profit on a consistent basis and if Microsoft's overall market presence keeps slipping to Google and Apple, this could mean a selling off or outright shutting down of the Xbox division.

There's reasons why all 3 console companies have tough positions in this race. There's also reasons why all 3 are positioned well. I certainly do think we've reached a point in the video game industry which will prevent us from having another Dreamcast situation though, the industry is just too big with such a wide variety of interests to represent for one of the consoles to go completely belly up.
This is already in motion IMO. M$ has taken steps to dump their risk (i.e. Xbox Division) with the reorganization that took place. Seeing some of their top staff all jumping ship for retirement or professional growth is another sign that Xbox was headed in a direction they didn't want to be caught in. They would never outright shut down this division, but I can almost guarantee they will separate in the future. They're under heavy pressure from shareholders to make some changes and while their influence is just about 0% realistically, M$ is still a business like any other out to increase profits.

where do you get that ps is sony biggest brand? I would say that ps4 had to have a fantastic launch in order to survive that i agree with and happy that is what happend. Ms is the same way they could survive with out xbox division. Sony movie company alone made over 6 billion last year.

Now when it comes to spring it's a very big time for both companys. ps4 has second son 1st party major game and x1 has titanfall yes i know it's on 360 and pc but it will sell systems just like second son will sell ps4. All other big games in spring are 3rd party games like destany and watch dogs.

Titanfalls biggest downfall is that you can get it for PC or 360. No reason to get an Xbox One if you are only interested in Titanfall.
problem is most people don't have a pc that could handle titanfall and the 360 it might look and play awful seeing it will be downscalled. Same with watch dogs.

with that said NO titan fall is not a xbox one seller but really what system has a legit system seller now and even spring.

i really think E3 2014 will be the biggest show for both company. Just like wii U the real amazing must have games for each system will be out next fall/spring 2015.

where do you get that ps is sony biggest brand? I would say that ps4 had to have a fantastic launch in order to survive that i agree with and happy that is what happend. Ms is the same way they could survive with out xbox division. Sony movie company alone made over 6 billion last year.

Now when it comes to spring it's a very big time for both companys. ps4 has second son 1st party major game and x1 has titanfall yes i know it's on 360 and pc but it will sell systems just like second son will sell ps4. All other big games in spring are 3rd party games like destany and watch dogs.
I wouldn't say that the Movie division is doing great for Sony, I remember reading not too long ago that their summer films weren't the successes that they hoped for and they are already relying on Spider man 2 next year to get things good again for Sony.

I wouldn't say that the Movie division is doing great for Sony, I remember reading not too long ago that their summer films weren't the successes that they hoped for and they are already relying on Spider man 2 next year to get things good again for Sony.
Oddly enough he said last year instead of this year. Sony Pictures lost a lot of money this year. No one wanted to see movies like White House Down. Go figure.

That's how ill be playing Alan wake 2 also.
Remember how Remedy was like 'check out our new PC game, Alan Wake' and the internet went wild? Then after years and years of development and vaporware they finally admitted 'oh btw, Xbox exclusive now'. That developer deserved to burn for it and I hope nothing but the worst for their latest game (if you can call it that).

Now when it comes to spring it's a very big time for both companys. ps4 has second son 1st party major game and x1 has titanfall yes i know it's on 360 and pc but it will sell systems just like second son will sell ps4

with that said NO titan fall is not a xbox one seller but really what system has a legit system seller now and even spring.
you are the dumbest poster on this entire board. only took 10 minutes this time to contradict yourself. kudos! new record!

Remember how Remedy was like 'check out our new PC game, Alan Wake' and the internet went wild? Then after years and years of development and vaporware they finally admitted 'oh btw, Xbox exclusive now'. That developer deserved to burn for it and I hope nothing but the worst for their latest game (if you can call it that).
im sure ms had alot to do with that

you are the dumbest poster on this entire board. only took 10 minutes this time to contradict yourself. kudos! new record!
i see a system seller as being a game that will sell tons and tons of systems yes it will move systems but it will be no legit system seller like a new cod would sell a system if it was only on say ps4/x1/pc this coming year.

i see a system seller as being a game that will sell tons and tons of systems yes it will move systems but it will be no legit system seller like a new cod would sell a system if it was only on say ps4/x1/pc this coming year.
oohh so it will sell systems, but wont be a system seller. makes total sense!

i look like that guy in your sig putting my hands on my face from reading your stupidity.

At least you earned your trophies legitimately. TimboSlice obviously is different story since he got his Xbox gamerscore reset due to cheating before.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=timbosliceGB
OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

wait, his xbox avatar has a CoD: Ghosts shirt on! hahahahhaha

Bashing CoD but secretly supporting them by buying avatar related item. Wow, I do not know what to say.

At least you earned your trophies legitimately. TimboSlice obviously is different story since he got his Xbox gamerscore reset due to cheating before.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=timbosliceGB
that happend way back in 2009 when the whole mod your gamer score was in ting and decided to test it out see if it work. Plus who cares about gamer score and trophies not saying if people d oenjoy doing that stuff it's not a bash on them i just thinks it's foolish for me to care.

OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

wait, his xbox avatar has a CoD: Ghosts shirt on! hahahahhaha
but i have total of 9 hours played seeing the game is just that awful you could not pay me 150 bucks to get every gamer score in the thing. plus no one sees your avatar anymore on xbox one so why even care about it.

but i have total of 9 hours played seeing the game is just that awful you could not pay me 150 bucks to get every gamer score in the thing. plus no one sees your avatar anymore on xbox one so why even care about it.
You totally need a tagline, guy.

How about:

TimboSlice, spewing fresh BS daily.

You totally need a tagline, guy.

How about:

TimboSlice, spewing fresh BS daily.
well not sure how it's bs when im looking at my stats right now just over 9 hours played and only ranked 24 after a month of game being out. trust me i was a cod crazy till mw3 came out and it's been awful since and was hoping ghost would have changed that but na it might be the worst yet with spawn and kill.

bread's done
Back