PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11444684" timestamp="1389742552"]verizon fios is done expanding google fiber is our last hope for most area to get fiber optic unless you have access to att uverse fiber optic like i have.[/quote]

Uverse isn't a true fiber optic.

It is way better then cable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
killer instinct,xbox fitness,project spark will be free in spring,xbox free games with gold coming to x1 sometimes this year.kinect sports long demo is out for free.
a fighter with 1 free character?! oohhhhh boooyyy! a fitness game?! oohhh booooyyy! kinect sports demo?! oohhhh bbooooyy!

considering MS is giving away 7 year old games for free, ill wait and see what they actually offer for the x1.

a fighter with 1 free character?! oohhhhh boooyyy! a fitness game?! oohhh booooyyy! kinect sports demo?! oohhhh bbooooyy!

considering MS is giving away 7 year old games for free, ill wait and see what they actually offer for the x1.
all that is still free is it not? I played couple free games for ps4 over xmas at realitives house were pretty good but nothing jaw dropping.. last ichecked drive club will be free but water down if you want full game you buy it.

you included a fucking demo and an app in your list of free games. plus the game you listed as free from the get go has 1 fighter with everything else behind a paywall. not ones that have a price tag on them like the ps+ ones. such a joke.

a fitness game?! oohhh booooyyy!
Xbox Fitness is more of an exercise program than a "game" from what I read about it when I was debating on which system to buy. It's going to be a subscription based program, but they are giving it away for the first year. Seemed pretty cool to me considering they have the P90X guy as well as the Insanity guy and their programs aren't cheap. I don't count that as a free game though, because it's not a game.

I got a few issues...In Resogun, when I sort for my friends in high scores nothing shows up. Only shows my score even though several friends have played it. Is this a known issue or what could I have wrong? Zen Pinball when I try to check high scores it always tells me I need to be connected to the net, I am. Are these both known issues for each game?

you included a fucking demo and an app in your list of free games. plus the game you listed as free from the get go has 1 fighter with everything else behind a paywall. not ones that have a price tag on them like the ps+ ones. such a joke.
it's impossible to have convo and give opinion with people like you on this website. everything other companys do is complete garbage and the stuff sony does is amazing and they do nothing bad so im done with this argument and giving my opinion.

lets do this you keep being a sony lover while i enjoy my x1,wii u and in early feb i will enjoy my ps4 with best of all worlds.

Dude, you are seriously trying to compare the stuff that Xbox One has given for free to PSN+. KI is far from a free game.

Granted, one is a subscription but still. With the things Microsoft has given away with Games with Gold, i really wouldnt be expecting much.

i wish i could say im surprised people are whining there isnt a full retail title out for ps4's ps+ but im not. the console has been out for 2 months and you want retail titles already? c'mon people. besides, the games they released have been from great(resogun) and decent(contrast). i downloaded dont starve, but havent played it yet.

what games have xbox 1 given away for free so far? oh... right...
Why yes. Yes I do. :p

...I really don't think wanting a retail title is so crazy, but what's kind of more surprising to me is that the PS+ sales have yet to cross over to the Playstation 4. Yes, I know that the console is new, but it would still be nice. I'm not trying to be negative, I mean Playstation Plus is a great service and I really enjoy it, I just wish that all of the awesomeness of the PS3/PSV would translate to the PS4 quicker.

Although, what is pretty interesting to me is Sony's relationship with indie developers and the PS4. So far all of the free titles have been free on their first day of release and the one for next month (Outlast) is probably going to be the same way. It's a very nice trend and I hope it continues.

[quote name="KillerRamen" post="11445650" timestamp="1389763399"]
...I really don't think wanting a retail title is so crazy, but what's kind of more surprising to me is that the PS+ sales have yet to cross over to the Playstation 4. Yes, I know that the console is new, but it would still be nice. [/quote]

You guys need to stop thinking like gamers and start thinking like businessman. They won't be giving a whole lot of deals at first on PS Plus because everyone is using their 30 days free trial. Its like guaranteeing sale on all items that you get as soon as you get the console. Unfortunately consoles don't make money game sales do. Just wait about 90 days to 120 days after launch and you'll start seeing sales on retail games. This will ensure that everyone who bought the PS4 for at launch have used their 30 days and if they are serious they will purchase a PlayStation Plus account. You gotta think end game not now now now.

Dude, you are seriously trying to compare the stuff that Xbox One has given for free to PSN+. KI is far from a free game.

Granted, one is a subscription but still. With the things Microsoft has given away with Games with Gold, i really wouldnt be expecting much.
i have payed for live since org xbox in 2001 and i have payed for ps plus since start of that which i love the value. i for one have enoyed the games given out for free on x gold and ps plus and playing free sleeping dogs now a game i have yet to play. i have never really been a person that did not see value in live for 60 bucks (most people pay far less then that a year)

I heard one of the weirdest reason(maybe not) to get a PS4 today while I was at a GameStop. This guy in front of me asked an employee for a PS4. Employee replied saying they don't have any available but tried to get him to buy one of the 7 xbox ones behind him. He said he was not interested but the employee asked him why not. The guy said, "just because the PS4 is hard to find, and that I must get one". After he left the store, the employee told me, most people do tell him that when wanting to buy one.

^ Not that weird. People want that which is hard to get.

TimboSliceGB said:
i for one have enoyed the games given out for free on x gold and ps plus and playing free sleeping dogs now a game i have yet to play.
You mean the game that was free on PS+ several months back and I already played then? ;) You said you have had PS+ since Day 1 so you would have already had that as well. I mean, that's great that MS is giving it away on the 360 as well for those who don't have a PS3 (or for whatever reason like you wouldn't play it then but will on the 360 - odd, that), but it is hardly one to bring up when comparing the two programs.

They've had these in stock at a local store near me since Sunday. I'm so tempted to buy one but torn because there isn't anything that I want to play until Infamous comes out and I'm not a Killzone fan. So I can buy it now and have it sit or wait till Infamous is out and then buy one. Tough decision.

"Timbo loves xbox and will defend it no matter what, but acts like he likes Playstation so that no one can say he is being a fanboy in a PS thread"

Thats what google translate did for me when I entered his text.
There I fixed it, but seriously, the guy is the most passive aggresive when it comes to his love on Xbox, he always says I have had a playstation, ps Plus since day one... etc. So that no one can report him for his constant fanboyism. Like IO said, if he truly had PS PLus day one, he would have played Sleeping Dogs a long time ago when it was free! Caught in a lie!

You know what I just realized? With Playstation Now coming and the need for higher speeds, WHEN IS GOOGLE FIBER COMING TO MY CITY?!

I mean I loved the idea of Google Fiber when they announced it and so far the reviews are pretty good, the only complaint is that there really isn't a need for 1000MBPS, but for the price, I would be paying less for google's tv and internet then I am with Comcast! Anyone have Google Fiber? This is the perfect thing that will make streaming games that much more perfect
FYI, the biggest reason I want this doesn't have to do really with speed, but cost. Right now I pay $120 a month for the lower Comcast package, DVR, and 30 MBPS internet. To tell me I could get cable, DVR, a tablet, and 1000 MBPS internet speed with the price never going up? Screw Comcast!

I heard one of the weirdest reason(maybe not) to get a PS4 today while I was at a GameStop. This guy in front of me asked an employee for a PS4. Employee replied saying they don't have any available but tried to get him to buy one of the 7 xbox ones behind him. He said he was not interested but the employee asked him why not. The guy said, "just because the PS4 is hard to find, and that I must get one". After he left the store, the employee told me, most people do tell him that when wanting to buy one.
It's not hard to become more determined after searching for so long... I remember it took me months to get an Xbox 360 Pro when it first came out. Sure, I could have just gotten the Core earlier, but at that point it became personal.

People also like to have the most popular console, so that could be part of it too.

I have Fiber and it's great. I pay $10 more for Internet than what I was for Time Warner, and that was their 15MBPS. No regrets.
Do you mean Google's fiber? Are you just doing internet or cable too? Haven't heard many consumer reviews that have the full package... I just want it so bad so I can give the :wave: to Comcast

Well with the net neutrality being killed off and statements from the ISPs that content providers will have to pay for high volumes of data I think Netflix is going to take another financial hit.  It will also make services like Playstation Now Dead on arrival.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#axzz2qUZmFAfg

Big cable operators like Comcast and telecommunications firms like Verizon, which brought the lawsuit on which the court ruled, will be free to pick winners and losers among websites and services. Their judgment will most likely be based on cold hard cash--Netflix wants to keep your Internet provider from slowing its data so its films look like hash? It will have to pay your provider the big bucks. But the governing factor need not be money. (Comcast remains committed to adhere to the net neutrality rules overturned today until January 2018, a condition placed on its 2011 merger with NBC Universal; after that, all bets are off.)

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#ixzz2qUa0w6ul

^ Not that weird. People want that which is hard to get.

You mean the game that was free on PS+ several months back and I already played then? ;) You said you have had PS+ since Day 1 so you would have already had that as well. I mean, that's great that MS is giving it away on the 360 as well for those who don't have a PS3 (or for whatever reason like you wouldn't play it then but will on the 360 - odd, that), but it is hardly one to bring up when comparing the two programs.
i passed on s.d on psn seeing i don't have much room on my harddrive. only played about 4 hours of it and deleted it for space

why do you care? omg i decided not to redownload it on ps now and now playing it on 360 who really cares man my god
You are an idiot. That is not even the point at all. The point is, you bring up Sleeping Dogs being free on Xbox 360 but then ignore the fact that it was free months before on PSN plus. And your excuse for this? "oh well, i dont have the HD space"

Seriously timbo, just stfu.

There I fixed it, but seriously, the guy is the most passive aggresive when it comes to his love on Xbox, he always says I have had a playstation, ps Plus since day one... etc. So that no one can report him for his constant fanboyism. Like IO said, if he truly had PS PLus day one, he would have played Sleeping Dogs a long time ago when it was free! Caught in a lie!
timbo-slice_85 you will find that account is ps plus member

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm

You are an idiot. That is not even the point at all. The point is, you bring up Sleeping Dogs being free on Xbox 360 but then ignore the fact that it was free months before on PSN plus. And your excuse for this? "oh well, i dont have the HD space"

Seriously timbo, just stfu.
who says i was ignore the fact it was on psn? you are just mad i caught you in a dumb post. plus most of my hard drive space is filled with old ps plus games that are no longer on ps plus why should i lose all those games for a game i not really interested in and just want to play it to check it out.

Uh... according to your card, you did in fact play Sleeping Dogs on PS3.....

Dude, if you delete a game off your hard drive you can still redownload it on PSN. You don't lose the game just because you delete it off your hard drive.

You just keep getting caught in lies man.

Dude, if you delete a game off your hard drive you can still redownload it on PSN. You don't lose the game just because you delete it off your hard drive.

i passed on s.d on psn seeing i don't have much room on my harddrive. only played about 4 hours of it and deleted it for space

seriously?

I already quouted you saying you passed on it on PSN because you didn't have space, lol going back and trying to change what you said doesn't help.

Just. Stop. Lying.

so you saying if i want to play a game that i play ofton i shouldwait 30-40 mins to play it because i have to redownload it again? i decided i played the other games i have installed and wanted to install on my ps3 more then sleeping dogs. i was going to buy sleeping dogs on disc sooner or later when i found it for like five bucks but then it came freeon live and decided to get it then.

seriously?

I already quouted you saying you passed on it on PSN because you didn't have space, lol going back and trying to change what you said doesn't help.

Just. Stop. Lying.
im not fing lieing you loser get a life im so sick and tired of being bashed by you and couple others here when i say something or give my opinion. some of you act like children and you deader are one of the worst

deader you are hating me for deciding i wanted other games on my ps3 then sleeping dogs so if idecded to get it for free on 360 im now a dumb idiot because it's been on psn plus for months

that's just like someone getting mincraft for ps3 when it came out couple weeks ago. dude that game been out for years on pc and two years on 360 lol im going to bash you for buying it on ps3.

It's not hard to become more determined after searching for so long... I remember it took me months to get an Xbox 360 Pro when it first came out. Sure, I could have just gotten the Core earlier, but at that point it became personal.

People also like to have the most popular console, so that could be part of it too.
Once you get the wanting to have something it's hard to substitute it with another item. I remember when the Wii first come out and was impossible to find I searched many retail stores for one.

im not fing lieing you loser get a life im so sick and tired of being bashed by you and couple others here when i say something or give my opinion. some of you act like children and you deader are one of the worst

deader you are hating me for deciding i wanted other games on my ps3 then sleeping dogs so if idecded to get it for free on 360 im now a dumb idiot because it's been on psn plus for months

that's just like someone getting mincraft for ps3 when it came out couple weeks ago. dude that game been out for years on pc and two years on 360 lol im going to bash you for buying it on ps3.
I don't like Minecraft.

And once again, you are totally missing the point. People were comparing the games you get for free between PSN Plus and Games for Gold and how PSN Plus was much better.

You then bring up Sleeping Dogs, a game you "missed out on" (which apparently you didn't since you clearly played it on PS3 so you got it for free, but thats after saying you "missed" it because you didn't have the hard drive space")

I really don't care what you play it on, but you used that game to try and show how great games for gold is, and others pointed out that that game was free on PSN Months before.

You got caught lying, then trying to change your story,and then in typical fashion, get mad the people call you out on it.

People only attack you because you get caught several times talking out your ass.

Well with the net neutrality being killed off and statements from the ISPs that content providers will have to pay for high volumes of data I think Netflix is going to take another financial hit. It will also make services like Playstation Now Dead on arrival.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#axzz2qUZmFAfg

Big cable operators like Comcast and telecommunications firms like Verizon, which brought the lawsuit on which the court ruled, will be free to pick winners and losers among websites and services. Their judgment will most likely be based on cold hard cash--Netflix wants to keep your Internet provider from slowing its data so its films look like hash? It will have to pay your provider the big bucks. But the governing factor need not be money. (Comcast remains committed to adhere to the net neutrality rules overturned today until January 2018, a condition placed on its 2011 merger with NBC Universal; after that, all bets are off.)

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#ixzz2qUa0w6ul
Which brings it back to my google fiber point. If this is true, Google Fiber has an even greater chance to succeed, no caps, same price, no slow downs. If I was Netflix I would find a way to help Google out with their fiber to open up the range to which it goes to. It would make sense... Then they could become the main streaming partner for google or something like that! I am not too worried about all the big wig companies because eventually speeds will go up and caps will be pointless as too many people will hit the caps and complain. I know that there is somewhat a monopoly as far as pricing, but it looks like Google is trying to challenge that!

Do you mean Google's fiber? Are you just doing internet or cable too? Haven't heard many consumer reviews that have the full package... I just want it so bad so I can give the :wave: to Comcast
Wish I could comment on their cable option, but as I had no interest in cable, I got just the internet.

Wish I could comment on their cable option, but as I had no interest in cable, I got just the internet.
Thanks, looking at the channel lineup it is better than what my basic digital package from Comcast has to offer. Not to mention the Free Nexus tablet for the remote and DVR that allows 8 shows at once and 2 terabytes of space.... My DVR can only do two and only has like 50GB

I don't like Minecraft.

And once again, you are totally missing the point. People were comparing the games you get for free between PSN Plus and Games for Gold and how PSN Plus was much better.

You then bring up Sleeping Dogs, a game you "missed out on" (which apparently you didn't since you clearly played it on PS3 so you got it for free, but thats after saying you "missed" it because you didn't have the hard drive space")

I really don't care what you play it on, but you used that game to try and show how great games for gold is, and others pointed out that that game was free on PSN Months before.

You got caught lying, then trying to change your story,and then in typical fashion, get mad the people call you out on it.

People only attack you because you get caught several times talking out your ass.

I never really said games for gold is amazing. I agree ps plus is better at giving newer games free but gold games might be old but they are pretty good games. I think for value ps plus and gold are great value for 60 most time less a year.

I never really said games for gold is amazing. I agree ps plus is better at giving newer games free but gold games might be old but they are pretty good games. I think for value ps plus and gold are great value for 60 most time less a year.
but no where did you actually give a valid argument for why they are even the same... when it comes to straight up value PS PLus hands down gives the most. People, myself included, loved Gold for the stability that Xbox live brought. However Sony is starting to bridge that gap with charging for online services. if they can catch up and bring the same stability that Xbox live has, People would be dumb to take Gold over Plus. Plus is $10 cheaper, gives tons of free games... right now there are 19 games available free to all PS PLus owners, that is incredible. Not to mention the selection is much better with newer and better titles than Gold. They just got sleeping dogs which has been one of the better games they have offered and yet Plus had Sleeping dogs nearly 6 months ago when it was still somewhat new.

Bring an actual argument for why you think they are the same( which isn't what you said originally, but like always you are back tracking so you don't get in trouble for being a Microsoft fanboy in a PS4 thread)

oh and fyi, Plus is 50 all year round :booty:

I noticed on my PS3 when i look at my friends list, there are a few that have special colored name plates. Like one was dark black, another dark purple. But on PS3 you dont have these options. The black on PS3 looked faded compared to the one that my friend had. I assume the PS4 has these darker colors. Is there any videos that show the different colors? I know, not really important, but im just curious what colors are there and how many. Would be a cool idea to do more than just colors, maybe patterns or special plates for games you played.

but no where did you actually give a valid argument for why they are even the same... when it comes to straight up value PS PLus hands down gives the most. People, myself included, loved Gold for the stability that Xbox live brought. However Sony is starting to bridge that gap with charging for online services. if they can catch up and bring the same stability that Xbox live has, People would be dumb to take Gold over Plus. Plus is $10 cheaper, gives tons of free games... right now there are 19 games available free to all PS PLus owners, that is incredible. Not to mention the selection is much better with newer and better titles than Gold. They just got sleeping dogs which has been one of the better games they have offered and yet Plus had Sleeping dogs nearly 6 months ago when it was still somewhat new.

Bring an actual argument for why you think they are the same( which isn't what you said originally, but like always you are back tracking so you don't get in trouble for being a Microsoft fanboy in a PS4 thread)
i was never trying to compare they are the same. For me ps plus is great for all the free games you get which makes it well worth it. then come live for the price tag is wealth worth it also allows me to have hours of entertainment all year long for a low price of 60 dollers but really who pays that much for it.

in my opinion both services are worth the price and must have if you have each companys system.

i was never trying to compare they are the same. For me ps plus is great for all the free games you get which makes it well worth it. then come live for the price tag is wealth worth it also allows me to have hours of entertainment all year long for a low price of 60 dollers but really who pays that much for it.

in my opinion both services are worth the price and must have if you have each companys system.
Live is great since it allows you to use netflix, hulu, hbogo extra for that low low price of 60/year.

PSN lets you use those services for free and doesnt put them behind a paywall, even after they put online multiplayer behind a paywall on ps4, for the SAME price ps+ was, WITH all the games and great discounts, like the current 14 for 14 sale.

Crap, got sucked in to the timboslice nonsense...

bread's done
Back