PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

That's because people were buying the Destiny bundle, lol. Hell i know more than a few people that traded in their Black PS4 for the Destiny bundle.

But if that makes you feel better cool. I knew you would be the one to come in here and try to spin it.

Remember, Microsoft did a Buy an Xbox One get a free game the week Destiny came out so im sure they helped pushed the sells numbers for non bundle. Most people on this site were getting Destiny to flip back or Diablo III to keep.
This is the reason I hate NPD numbers (aside from not seeing numbers period).

Sony has come out and said its the lead platform for Destiny, so we know that means those bundles/digital sales pushed them.

Im really hoping Shadow of Mordor got digital love too, cause it sounds like it wasnt super impressive for the praise its received. And of course Im always curious on the Vita front.

I'm not butt hurt lol it was a joke .
v2jTRX7.gif

I dunno. The madden bundle didn't help much and they did give out a free game when destiny came out and still didn't make a dent. Doesn't help that sunset isnt getting a whole lot of media hype like destiny.
True, I still hope it does well since its always great to see a new IP succeed and insomniac need it after fuse. The one thing I would be concerned about is Sony becoming too complacent with this lead that they have and not really pushing the envelope like MS have been the last few months.

SCE Japan sent out a press release with more info regarding 2.0. There's multiple screenshots showing how the process will work. Seems pretty easy and straight forward. Article and photos in link:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/10/17/ps4-update-2-0-sony-shares-a-lot-of-info-on-share-play-broadcast-and-live-from-playstation-improvements/

ProTip: When loaning(letting someone else play) a game, only the person with the game has to have PS+. Great for people that just recently picked up a PS4 and haven't subscribed yet.

A friend and I were discussing SharePlay today and I think we will be using it a lot. I tend to purchase a bunch of games at launch, due to GCU. While he normally holds off for a little while. It will be perfect to let him check out some of the newer released games.

Anyone have an idea about how it works? Is it basically like Remote Play? But instead of a Vita it's with another PS4? Can we expect the quality to be like Remote Playing a game?

Sony needs to give an update that lets us delete 0% games on the trophy list.

Sony needs to give an update that lets us delete 0% games on the trophy list.
While I would personally love that, I don't see that happening. I have a ton of games I never touched after turning them on to install. It sort of seems like a chest or something. Especially the fact they collect data and are able to show your average completion percentage. If it's a big deal to you, you could have a second PSN account. On one account use it for games you plan to get a lot of trophies on. And use the other for a scrub account.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I would personally love that, I don't see that happening. I have a ton of games I never touched after turning them on to install. It sort of seems like a chest or something. Especially the fact they collect data and are able to show your average completion percentage. If it's a big deal to you, you could have a second PSN account. On one account use it for games you plan to get a lot of trophies on. And use the other for a scrub account.
Xbox has had the ability for years, so I would like to see it on PSN as well. But it's too late for me to start another account now because I've earned too many trophies over the years by this point and those 0% trophies bother the shit out of me. I'll just have to #dealwithit.

Last edited:
I see the library icon is still at the end of the line, so dumb.
Agreed, seems to me the group icons like the library and video should be moved to the upper menu bar, that way it wouldn't matter how long the recent list was if you wanted to find a game quick just push up scroll to library and get the nice grid of all your games.

I see the library icon is still at the end of the line, so dumb.
Personally I'd prefer the more recent items to be first. Very rarely do I ever randomly jump from game to game. Especially games that I've had for awhile. Maybe instead of top 15, they should have used the top 5 with the rest in the library. How often are you going to go back to a game? More importantly going back to a game that you probably haven't played in 8 months. In a year or two people with the stock drive aren't even going to be able to have more then 9 games installed anyways, unless they are all smaller indie games. Most games these days are 40-50gbs and some of the smaller games are still 15-20gbs.

The library section isn't just games you own or have installed. It's a download history. It shows me demos I no longer have on my hard drive. For what it is, I think the library section is placed in a good spot.

What I would like is for a section with games you have installed to be accessible from an icon in the top row. Or maybe have it to the left of the What's New icon; even if the What's New icon continues to the be the first thing highlighted.

Actually, I would like a true games library icon to be the first icon that is highlighted, but I doubt that will happen.

I purchased a PS4 from Amazon.ca a couple of weeks ago and it will be a Christmas present for my children. I have a question about my PS+ account. PS+ is in my name. If I do a digital purchase of CoD/advanced warfare pro edition, will my son be able to access everything including all the future DLC? He does have his own account on the PSN network and on the new PS4 (and our PS3). I want to take advantage of the spend $100 in the Playstation Store before October 31 and get $15 back. I realize this is a pretty basic question but until now almost all our gaming is done on the 360. Thanks. Cheers

I also believe he will have access to PS+ also.

Btw not sure if you seen it. You mentioned having a ps3 also. There's a deal that if you buy the digital version on ps3, you will get the ps4 version free also.

Just fixed my own dualshock 4 after the r2 button broke.   Once I get my x1 next tuesday I'm done with the ps4 for pretty much everything but exclusive titles.  900 vs 1080p be damned i'm not replacing my controller every 2 months.

Just fixed my own dualshock 4 after the r2 button broke. Once I get my x1 next tuesday I'm done with the ps4 for pretty much everything but exclusive titles. 900 vs 1080p be damned i'm not replacing my controller every 2 months.
You're either exaggerating, or doing something horribly wrong with your controllers. It shouldn't be such a huge issue that you've broken more than one... And since you've stated in the past that you've broken DS3's, I'm leaning more towards the latter.

I owned two DS3 and I currently own 1 DS4, never had an issue with any of them, and I'm quite the rager when it comes to shooters and such. Hell, I've never even had an issue with the rubber on the sticks coming off or even loose. Worn, yes, but never actually coming off or anything close.

Anyway, thinking about picking up The Legend of Korra this week, just waiting on reviews. I didn't watch season two or three (yet?) but the game actually looks fun. Combat should be solid considering Platinum Games is behind it.

I think some people just abuse the shit out of their stuff. These complaints about the controllers remind me of little kids who complain about breaking their pencils when in reality it's their fault for putting so much pressure on them when they write.

so how does fifa break controllers? i still have my ps3 controller working just fine from when i bought the system back in 2009.
Abuse of the r2 button causes the plastic hinge to break. The controller is honestly a piece of shit. Here's a 36 page thread of people with same problem. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Peripherals-Support/PS4-dual-shock-R2-trigger-broken-on-2-controllers-in-under-a/td-p/42633627 I removed a little springy piece popped it back in and put some rubber cement on the side with the missing piece of plastic. Hopefully it lasts. Ps3 controller had better build quality. This is video I used to fix it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYWv0ijcdo

Im confused as to how you break that so easily. I have 3 controllers, 2 launch and none of them have given me issues.
You're confused because you don't understand that not every one uses things like you do. You could be using the controllers for 2 hours each day while another person could be using it for 10 hours a day.

You're confused because you don't understand that not every one uses things like you do. You could be using the controllers for 2 hours each day while another person could be using it for 10 hours a day.
The complaints here sound like "Hanes underwear suck because they always have shit streaks in them" when it should be "I need to learn to wipe my ass better"

This says it all...

Abuse of the r2 button causes the plastic hinge to break
I mean NO SHIT... you think?

Take care of your belongings and they'll last. Period.

I'm not saying the controller is perfect or a tank but you think Sony doesn't do hundreds if not thousands of hours of testing for QC?

I owned two DS3 and I currently own 1 DS4, never had an issue with any of them, and I'm quite the rager when it comes to shooters and such. Hell, I've never even had an issue with the rubber on the sticks coming off or even loose. Worn, yes, but never actually coming off or anything close.

Anyway, thinking about picking up The Legend of Korra this week, just waiting on reviews. I didn't watch season two or three (yet?) but the game actually looks fun. Combat should be solid considering Platinum Games is behind it.
I'm actually fairly interested in Korra as well, despite the fact I've never seen the show and maybe only a few episodes of Avatar(one of these days I'll burn through it). The only thing I'm worried about is that I'd have no idea what is going on... My love of Platinum may force me to blind buy regardless.

The complaints here sound like "Hanes underwear suck because they always have shit streaks in them" when it should be "I need to learn to wipe my ass better"

This says it all...

I mean NO SHIT... you think?

Take care of your belongings and they'll last. Period.

I'm not saying the controller is perfect or a tank but you think Sony doesn't do hundreds if not thousands of hours of testing for QC?
No offense but fuck you. I've been playing fifa every year since 2006 and have never once had a trigger break on me. I could understand one controller breaking but i've sent my controller in numerous times for the wear and tear on the analog stick and rather then deal with it again i went out and bought those slip covers for the stick and risked breaking my controller to fix the r2 rather then deal with sony support again. Go ahead and blame me for abusing my controller sure I might abuse it a little bit more then others but I never had a 360 controller break on me in that way or a ps3 controller for that matter. And I played fifa every night for at least an hour for 6 years so I did thouroughly test it. I'm sick of people saying "take care of your shit and it won't break" when obviously the controller is designed poorly. And no I'm not an x1 fanboy I don't even have one until next tuesday yet. I just expect my shit to work the way it always has.

You're applying to much pressure on the tip of the r2 trigger. If I were to put a lot of pressure on it like that I'd break it too. You just need to place your finger correctly and the problem goes away

Considering it seems a very small percentage of people has this issue I'm still going to say its a user issue. But that's fine. Pointless to argue it I suppose. Sorry it didn't work out for you

Considering it seems a very small percentage of people has this issue I'm still going to say its a user issue. But that's fine. Pointless to argue it I suppose. Sorry it didn't work out for you
Sure it could very well be a user related issue. But, the controller should have designed in such a way that the trigger cannot move so much to allow the plastic hinges to snap. That's why I think xbox controller has a better design at least with the triggers because they are more narrow there would be less stress on the triggers.

So your experience with the controller has caused you to go completely Xbox?  Pretty sure it's still under warranty so worst case you could have got it replaced.  Your over dramatic rant is annoying and coming off as astroturfing or at the very least transfanboymer.. xbot in disguise.

Been gaming for well over 10 years now and I've never broken a controller yet. Not even those crappy Dreamcast or Original Xbox controllers.

Can't help but think this is a user issue. I glanced over that thread and there were a lot of people with newly created accounts posting on it (Like a new troll account) and a lot of them had pretty silly comments to go alongside their complaints like "My PS4 was collecting dust before this happened".

I dont think el swordo is an xbox fanboy, he's just venting frustration. I've had no issues with the triggers myself but I would be upset if controllers kept breaking on me.

So your experience with the controller has caused you to go completely Xbox? Pretty sure it's still under warranty so worst case you could have got it replaced. Your over dramatic rant is annoying and coming off as astroturfing or at the very least transfanboymer.. xbot in disguise.
No I'm going to do all my fifa gaming on x1 because I'm sick of replacing controllers. I've never had this problem on any other console ever. I'm going to get all shooters and everything that requires excessive use of the triggers for the x1. I've never had to baby a controller so much in my life. Unless I can find a third party controller that is good of course. Such a shame too because I actually like the controller and recently invested in a charging stand for my controllers. I don't think I'm being over dramatic at all. If you keep getting punched in the face by the same person you start to avoid that person. If anyone has any reccomendations for a good third party controller please let me know

bread's done
Back