PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

the only problem i have is that fucking disc eject noise going on every 5 seconds! ughhh, gotta plug out everything and stand it up and then put everything back in, very annoying

[quote name="Pliskin" post="12360316" timestamp="1419570898"]Well this really sucks, its been a busy couple of days for me so I didnt realize lizard squad were being dicks again.[/quote]
This stuff is starting to get ridic.

They hurting our enjoyment of the things we work/flip hard to get. It's just driving me insane with all this.

The outage may be down longer.   Lizard Squad didn't mention anything about this just being a Xmas day event only.  What a bunch of losers.  I hope other hacker groups get more of these members arrested.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ordered a PS4 during BestBuy's sale, and I'm picking up TLoU Remastered tomorrow... what are some good yet cheap-ish games I can get for the system? 

TBH I picked it up now because I was going to get it before the weeb games started really hitting it anyway.

The outage may be down longer. Lizard Squad didn't mention anything about this just being a Xmas day event only. What a bunch of losers. I hope other hacker groups get more of these members arrested.
As assholish as this Lizard Squad is, you gotta hand it to them for helping to expose the gaming industry. Yeah, they shut down the PSN and XBL services, but they gave Sony and Microsoft a month notice that they were going to do it exactly when they did it, but I guess security wasn't their top priority. You noticed how neither of these companies did anything regarding their system security until after the fact? I guess they were too busy taking people's money for new systems rather than making sure you'd be able to actually use them properly.

Lizard Squad = assholes, but give them a round of applause for showing us all how little the supporters of these game consoles actually mean to Sony and M$. As if it's not bad enough that we have to pay $60 a year to play games online, plus we gotta wait for S/M to un-hack their obviously unsecured networks before we're allowed to use our $60 worth of subscriptions. Kudos Sony and Microsoft for looking out for the people who made you multi billion dollar corporations.

As assholish as this Lizard Squad is, you gotta hand it to them for helping to expose the gaming industry. Yeah, they shut down the PSN and XBL services, but they gave Sony and Microsoft a month notice that they were going to do it exactly when they did it, but I guess security wasn't their top priority. You noticed how neither of these companies did anything regarding their system security until after the fact? I guess they were too busy taking people's money for new systems rather than making sure you'd be able to actually use them properly.

Lizard Squad = assholes, but give them a round of applause for showing us all how little the supporters of these game consoles actually mean to Sony and M$. As if it's not bad enough that we have to pay $60 a year to play games online, plus we gotta wait for S/M to un-hack their obviously unsecured networks before we're allowed to use our $60 worth of subscriptions. Kudos Sony and Microsoft for looking out for the people who made you multi billion dollar corporations.
It's not hacking, it's just a DDoS attack. Besides, the type of security that you want an online infrastructure to have has nothing to do with defending against a DDoS. They're not "proving" anything, they're just being annoying assholes to the everyday consumer... Sure, MS & Sony are losing money due to people not being able to spend money in the digital storefronts, but I'll wager there'll be plenty of money spent once everything is back to normal.

The only real harm they're doing to anyone is to us normal people who just want to play games while they're off work/school. I'm not tipping my hat to any of them.

This "attack" is equivalent of sending so many prank calls to a company real customers can't get through. That is all it is. Modern day prank call. There is not much you can do as a company. Keeping with the call center being clogged up with prank calls, best way to resolve an attack would seem to be to get more people to answer, but they the pranksters just call more and not much changes for real customers.

This is in no way security related.

They hack bots and find weakness in networks then ddos. There are stages true ddos is not a hack but what they do before it is.  Nice to see xbox always up way quicker then sony.

Looks like I'll have to play Xbox instead. All I wanted to do was play some games online. I still don't get why these companies didn't do something to prepare for this. They got threats about this month ago. You're really saying nothing could have been done until after the damage was done?

Looks like I'll have to play Xbox instead. All I wanted to do was play some games online. I still don't get why these companies didn't do something to prepare for this. They got threats about this month ago. You're really saying nothing could have been done until after the damage was done?
Not really. Look up ddos attacks to have a better understanding

Unrelated to what's being talked about, where can I buy a 1 or 2 terabyte hard drive for my ps4? I'm talking about in-store, not an online order. Only thing anyone in stores showed me were external hard drives, I want the internal.

Yeah, some members of Anonymous thought Lizard Squad was just being a bunch of amateurs since a DDoS isn't a true hack. They supplied the information of at least one kid who got arrested by the FBI.
anonymous doesnt give a fuck about microsoft or sony. the people who apparently released names and addresses of people in lizardsquad were another hacker group called finestsquad. although i find it hard to believe those dudes can get that type of information, but a goverment agency cant.

the only thing you can do to prepare for a ddos is get more servers, but if they attack long enough, theyre just gonna get bogged down to.

I was trying to follow Liazrd Squad and the Finest Squad or whatever the hell on twitter last night and I couldn't, its so fucking dumb and juvenile. Its crazy that these networks are at the mercy of these dumb fucks. I still cant sign on my PS4, but the app is working and some of my friends are on playing Destiny and PVZ so its up for some.

That doesn't help. It gives a link to download the system software and when I try to install it, it tells me I need Update 2.03. When I try update 2.03, it doesn't acknowledge it.
Make absolutely sure the file names and locations on the flash drive (or whatever you're using) match what the site says EXACTLY. If even one letter isn't capitalized or spelled 100% right, the PS4 won't recognize it as the proper file

Make absolutely sure the file names and locations on the flash drive (or whatever you're using) match what the site says EXACTLY. If even one letter isn't capitalized or spelled 100% right, the PS4 won't recognize it as the proper file
Use a flash drive and create a new folder. Rename new folder "PS4" (using all caps). Go into "PS4" folder, create new file. Rename new file "UPDATE" (all caps). Save download in "UPDATE" folder, get a message saying "Update of 2.03 or later needed." Download update 2.03 and save it back in "UPDATE" folder. Try to install, get a message saying "The update file cannot be used."

Hey did I miss something? When did we get the pause download option??

Also, to touch on my question from last night, I was able to find an internal hard drive for my PS4 at Best Buy.

Looks like Capcom is doing RE Zero hd next.

100788-Kevin-Sorbo-DISAPPOINTED-gif-H-bCJe.gif

Looks like Capcom is doing RE Zero hd next.

100788-Kevin-Sorbo-DISAPPOINTED-gif-H-bCJe.gif
Dude, someone needs to buy Crapcom. Doing HD remasters of gamecube games as their AAA releases is just writing on the wall that they have run out of ideas and no longer have the talent to get good finished projects to customers hands.

Due to the Xmas outage Sony is giving us an extra five days of PS+ and a 10% off discount code that can be used on the PSN store. I wasn't expecting anything so this is nice.

PS Blog

Due to the Xmas outage Sony is giving us an extra five days of PS+ and a 10% off discount code that can be used on the PSN store. I wasn't expecting anything so this is nice.

PS Blog
And yet people are still complaining and wanting more... And then you've got people like Shipwreck making fun of the gesture.

They didn't have do to anything and certainly weren't obligated to since it wasn't their fault. I don't recall hearing about MS doing anything...

bread's done
Back