PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

not that I can tell.... no real story related trophies. Mostly kill 20 guys without aiming, shoot a grenade out of the air.... only other type of trophy is complete game on any difficulty.

Edit: Nope no story stuff. All kill trophies and collectibles!!!! All silver and Gold with a Plat
Thanks seems pretty straightforward.

I have a lot of people on my FL so even if they did implement it, I would disable the option.
They could create a "close friends" list or something just for people you want notifications for.

Blows my mind that I can get notifications when a friend joins some random party that doesn't involve me, but there is still no option for notifications when friends come online or go offline. This was standard on PS3/360.

They could create a "close friends" list or something just for people you want notifications for.

Blows my mind that I can get notifications when a friend joins some random party that doesn't involve me, but there is still no option for notifications when friends come online or go offline. This was standard on PS3/360.
Yeah, on xbox one we have "favorites", where you can set notifications for all friends or just favorites.

Nah, Im cool with this type of game not having MP and I dont want no tacked on garbage like the Tomb Raider reboot had.
I would take the tacked on MP just for the sake of having an overall better value, and who knows?

It could turn out to be PS4's Resistance.

I would take the tacked on MP just for the sake of having an overall better value, and who knows?

It could turn out to be PS4's Resistance.
Except for the fact that if they had done so you could possibly been left with a 4-5 hour campaign along with the crappy MP due to resources being split... No thanks. The idea that everything needs MP these days is beyond ridiculous, I'm sure the game will be just fine without it.

Yeah I don't understand why everything has to be multiplayer. I have no problem with the Order being a single player game and honestly thats all i expected it to be.

On a side note, has anyone used the Plex app on PS4? How good it is? I don't like I have to have plex pass to use it on PS4 when I can use it free on PS3 but if its good enough I might just pay for it.

They don't, but MP is worth it if the studio is willing to put the same amount of effort in it as they would the SP.  The only reason why I can see them not wanting to do it is assumingly Ready at Dawn is a small studio.

You can bet that if the Order is a smashing success, the sequel will have all the MP offerings you can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes tacked on mp sucks (tomb raider) and sometimes is fucking awesome (uncharted 2, TLOU). im not gonna buy a game for $60 when i could rent it, platinum it in 2-3 days and then never play it again. least if the MP is good (like the 2 examples i listed) itll keep me coming back. this game has been delayed over and over again, they just want to get it out the door already and recoup the money. the order 2, would almost indefinitely have MP though.

gears of war's MP was a big selling point, guaranteed.

sometimes tacked on mp sucks (tomb raider) and sometimes is fucking awesome (uncharted 2, TLOU). im not gonna buy a game for $60 when i could rent it, platinum it in 2-3 days and then never play it again. least if the MP is good (like the 2 examples i listed) itll keep me coming back. this game has been delayed over and over again, they just want to get it out the door already and recoup the money. the order 2, would almost indefinitely have MP though.

gears of war's MP was a big selling point, guaranteed.
I agree, I'll also throw in Mass Effect 3's tacked on MP as one that was surprisingly great. I had a lot of fun with it on my 360. The only reason Im buying The Order day one is because I got a killer deal on the collectors edition at Best Buy, if not then I would have waited for a sale like I normally do with single player only games.

All this talk about Multiplayer makes me wonder: what did you guys do gaming-wise in the days before multiplayer or trophies?? Did you guys even enjoy gaming, or are those the only aspects you enjoy?

I don't mean to sound like an assh*le, but these days it definitely sounds like people only play games for the achievements and not the actual fun they're meant to be!

All this talk about Multiplayer makes me wonder: what did you guys do gaming-wise in the days before multiplayer or trophies?? Did you guys even enjoy gaming, or are those the only aspects you enjoy?

I don't mean to sound like an assh*le, but these days it definitely sounds like people only play games for the achievements and not the actual fun they're meant to be!
Games are expensive now so any extra mileage I can get out of them via MP or achievements is fine by me.

Achievements should be secondary, not the main reason you play a game. And lets be honest, if the MP is just tacked on its not likely its going to add anything to the game since people won't touch it.

Majority of my gaming time is spent playing MP nowadays. I think my attention span in 2015 wouldn't be able to play a game like FFX or KOTOR.

MP still existed before achievements as well.

But what I was talking about was the NES/Genesis days, when all this stuff was nonexistent and all there was to do in games was play it and have fun. It just seems that when multiplayer and trophies were introduced (and yes I understand multiplayer came first), people stopped playing games because they were fun and just became about how quick you could get every trophy, and saying things like after I get every trophy why would I play it again. It's just sad that those are the things so many people look for in a game these days, and not how much fun they are.

*rant over, steps down from soapbox*

Does the family sitting altogether taking turns on Super Mario All-Stars count as multiplayer?  :razz:

Agree with Deader that trophies/achievements are secondary.  They add some fun and replay value to it, but it's not the main reason to enjoy a good game.

[quote name="asspickle" post="12432044" timestamp="1421905533"]Games are expensive now so any extra mileage I can get out of them via MP or achievements is fine by me.[/quote

I get what you're saying in theory, but games used to be even more expensive than they are now.

To answer Turk, I've been gaming my entire life... I started on an NES when I was only a few years old, quickly moving to an SNES through most of my younger years before moving on to a PSX & N64. I *never* touch multiplayer and to this day I think that is the reason why. All those years I never needed it, so why start now? Co-op can be fun, but I'm most happy when I'm rocking it solo. I get lots of people love MP, and that's totally fine, but trying to make it industry standard saddens me... It seems I'm a dying breed.

[quote name="asspickle" post="12432044" timestamp="1421905533"]Games are expensive now so any extra mileage I can get out of them via MP or achievements is fine by me.[/quote

I get what you're saying in theory, but games used to be even more expensive than they are now.

To answer Turk, I've been gaming my entire life... I started on an NES when I was only a few years old, quickly moving to an SNES through most of my younger years before moving on to a PSX & N64. I *never* touch multiplayer and to this day I think that is the reason why. All those years I never needed it, so why start now? Co-op can be fun, but I'm most happy when I'm rocking it solo. I get lots of people love MP, and that's totally fine, but trying to make it industry standard saddens me... It seems I'm a dying breed.
You and me have this in common. I mean I can enjoy multiplayer occasionally and who doesn't love a trophy? But my point is that those factors shouldn't be all you judge a game on.

the only games i replay nowadays are nes and snes games, but thats mainly because im collecting screen shots for paintings.

on sega saturn/ps1 i only ever played through games once. pretty much the same with ps2 games. while playing older games without online like the first mario kart, twisted metal 1 and 2, etc... i always thought "man, it would be sweet if i could play this game with other people not in my neighborhood". and now you can.

also, growing up as a kid, pretty much everyone you knew was in your vicinity. being a grown adult, all my friends i gamed with dont live near me anymore, so online is the only way i can game with them (if they even still game since most are married with children now).

so for me, nothing has really changed. i was never one to keep games around. i was pretty much always a beat it and be done with it kinda gamer. some of the most fun ive ever had in gaming was playing with 3 close friends in battlefield BC2 and Uncharted 2 just steam rolling people.

ill probably enjoy the order (unless it sucks obviously) but im frugal (we are cheap ass gamers after all) so why should i plunk down $60 for an 8 hour game? yeah i get nes games cost $50 and some could be beaten in 30 minutes or less, but i wasnt buying those games, my parents were.

Games are expensive now so any extra mileage I can get out of them via MP or achievements is fine by me.
Games are priced about the same they were in the 80s and a dollar went a lot further back then.. in other words games are the cheapest they have ever been when factoring in inflation. And getting deals is easier than ever thanks to the internet and programs like gamers club and other deals out there, games are actually cheap now.

I don't know why they couldn't grey out the touchpad. Why does it HAVE to always be black.
Goto FlamingToast, I ordered the white decal for my white dualshock 4. I also ordered the green power light decal just to check it out. I only went there to order some new decals for my light bar. Haven't been there since the new site format, it seems pretty sweet. Anyone else have anything from FlamingToast? I ordered a PS4 light bar decal and he gave me a free Batman one, when he first started selling them.

Goto FlamingToast, I ordered the white decal for my white dualshock 4. I also ordered the green power light decal just to check it out. I only went there to order some new decals for my light bar. Haven't been there since the new site format, it seems pretty sweet. Anyone else have anything from FlamingToast? I ordered a PS4 light bar decal and he gave me a free Batman one, when he first started selling them.
I got a few stuff from him. The newer model decal are better, they are actually one piece now and no cut out. I got the Denver Broncos logo, The Last of Us fireflies logo, and The Dark Knight logo. My favorite one is the Dark Knight logo. It just look badass on the white dualshock.

Seriously does anyone have/play FarCry 4? I need 1 trophy for the Plat and it'll be my first one. I need to get a takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle. Would anyone be willing to help a CAG out?

Seriously does anyone have/play FarCry 4? I need 1 trophy for the Plat and it'll be my first one. I need to get a takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle. Would anyone be willing to help a CAG out?
I should be getting some help with that one already, but Ill help you out. I usually dont get on til late in the evening (like 11pm Central), so feel free to add me and Ill help take care of that with yo sometime this weekend.

PSN: IwillKILLurGOD

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Flaming Toast. He's fairly priced and does great work. This was my most recent purchase.
What is it? Can't even tell...

I should be getting some help with that one already, but Ill help you out. I usually dont get on til late in the evening (like 11pm Central), so feel free to add me and Ill help take care of that with yo sometime this weekend.
PSN: IwillKILLurGOD
Will add you tonight man. Thanks

Got my FamingToast stuff today, here's some pics.

[attachment=11411:image.jpg]
[attachment=11412:image.jpg]
[attachment=11413:image.jpg]
[attachment=11414:image.jpg]
[attachment=11415:image.jpg]

Got my FamingToast stuff today, here's some pics.
Nice, Im still rockin the firefly and Kingdom Hearts decals I got way back when he first started selling lol I might need to update them though, he makes better ones now. Also, do you guys think Im crazy for wanting to buy this from him?

B72VEMwIcAIuFXH.jpg

New Dying Light seems pretty sweet. I haven't really followed the game much but I have it preordered. Since I recently finished I've been playing WWE2K15 Career Mode and playig some GTA. I might jump right into Dying light. Still have a crapload of games to play just not enough time. Who ever says PS4 has no games is crazy.

Has anyone played AC Unity recently? I have it but haven't played it, was hoping all the issues would be worked out before I jumped in.

Has anyone played AC Unity recently? I have it but haven't played it, was hoping all the issues would be worked out before I jumped in.
Yea, I'm about to jump into AC Unity after an 80-90 hour Dragon Age 3 save. I'm hoping all is alright with the game.

As for Dying Light, I'm gonna go CAG on it and wait for the price to drop below $40. I've heard review copies weren't sent out and that RARELY bodes well for a game. I want it, just not wanting to gamble $42 (BB GCU) on it.

Yea, I'm about to jump into AC Unity after an 80-90 hour Dragon Age 3 save. I'm hoping all is alright with the game.

As for Dying Light, I'm gonna go CAG on it and wait for the price to drop below $40. I've heard review copies weren't sent out and that RARELY bodes well for a game. I want it, just not wanting to gamble $42 (BB GCU) on it.
plus its techland, so itll be broken till at least a few patches

Played AC Unity.... Game is bad unless you love Assassins creed, controls are frustrating, and I keep getting a pitch that my guy falls but gets stuck in the wall and stays in the fall animation permanently and I have to hard reboot. Game itself is meh... I am playing on PS4. I wanted to play but I can't stand to keep going, I can get back what I paid this week at BB and I am just doing that!

I never had any issues with Unity, outside of some really bad frame rate drops... Which is better with the patches.

The game is also a lot better than people give it credit for. It's not Brotherhood or Black Flag(series pinnacles IMO), but it's also better than almost all of the others. I enjoyed the characters, setting, story and new gameplay mechanics... The game had some major issues for sone at launch, and I think the whole package gets undeservedly panned because of it.

If you like AC games then you'll like this one too. If you don't, then I don't really see why you'd bother to begin with.

bread's done
Back