PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Anyone playing Titan Souls? How is it?

I definitely plan on picking it up, but am holding off for a better sale or freebie on PS+. I am occupied by Mortal Kombat X right now, but want to know what my fellow CAGs think. I hear it's hard and frustrating, but in all the right ways.
i planned on picking it up when cuz it was only 9.99 then when i went to buy it i saw it was 14.99. fuck that.

Why can't I download "Woah Dave"? I claimed the Vita version in January. The PS4 version displays as free, but I get a "cannot be purchased" error on both the console as well as the web store.

Why can't I download "Woah Dave"? I claimed the Vita version in January. The PS4 version displays as free, but I get a "cannot be purchased" error on both the console as well as the web store.
Try again in a couple of hours. I get that same problem sometimes as well, but it lets me download them a few hours later.

Instead of trying to download it from the store, goto your download list. It should show up there. That's what I always have to do with cross buy ps+ games.

Saw this on reddit:

New, daily update policy for PSN! Are, "Tuesday Updates," a thing of the past?

This will lead to the same behavior we have in PC land

Purely digital titles (generally indie) can release whenever (but generally not Friday or weekends so that quick fixes can be made if an exploit is found). Titles with a strong physical presence will still have a Tuesday release for the purpose of the brick and mortar stores.

And a lot of games will still do Tuesday for the sake of having the best possible first week sales figures.

Instead of trying to download it from the store, goto your download list. It should show up there. That's what I always have to do with cross buy ps+ games.
Nope. Neither version shows in the download list. The game shows as free, but the console says I "can't purchase it at this time" and the website says "not eligible to purchase". Such bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Sony may have the marketing for Battlefront, cant wait til tomorrow!!! :bouncy:

CCuaIqlW0AIgiy3.jpg

If Sony indeed has marketing it will be interesting to see if we get any exclusive content or a LE console. Oh, and the game is slated for a Nov 17th release. :D

This is odd since Microsoft has started to tout that they get it a few hours first with EA Access.
Right, they only get that because of EA access though. Its not an exclusive thing to Xbox per say. If EA Access was on PS4 and/or PC then everyone would get early access.

They do. Which is why Battlefront being on Xbox "first" is a non story.
I totally agree, but like RiPPn implied if Sony gets marketing I expect MS to play this up a lot.

after battlefield 4, i have zero confidence in whatever battlefront turns out to be
BF4 at launch was a unplayable mess, but the game is pretty great now. Im sure Dice wont make that mistake again.

Well if Sony gets the marketing I dont think MS can play up EA access at all. At least not when it comes to Battlefront
Exactly, that's what I meant about the timing of Aarons tweet, had to get it out there before they are on radio silence. But yeah Star Wars Early EA Access cologne will likely be a thing.. lol

So March NPD numbers are in and they are as follows:

PS4 340k
XB1 235k
WIU 85k

PS4 now has a 700k lead over the Xbox One in the US alone.  Some on GAF are predicting 1.2 - 1.5 mil gap by October.  You have to think if the Xbox One is getting crushed in the states that worldwide it's a bloodbath. 

So March NPD numbers are in and they are as follows:

PS4 340k
XB1 235k
WIU 85k

PS4 now has a 700k lead over the Xbox One in the US alone. Some on GAF are predicting 1.2 - 1.5 mil gap by October. You have to think if the Xbox One is getting crushed in the states that worldwide it's a bloodbath.
^ Microsoft can easily slash whatever lead in half this holiday. They have a very strong lineup for fall and Im hoping Sony doesn't get any big exclusive content for Battlefront because that sucks for all gamers when either side does this.

What were Bloodborne's first month sales?
01 - Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, PC): > 1000
02 - Bloodborne (PS4): < 390
04 - Mario Party 10 (Wii U): < 270
10 - Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD (PS4, Xbox One): > 200

Battlefield: Hardline:
Xbox One > 430k
PS4 > 400k

Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD:
PS4 > 158k
Xbox One > 42k

I know Bloodborne broke 1 million world wide.

I think at this point, Sony is totally fine with taking 10 months out of the year.

I don't know why, but i have this odd feeling Tomb Raider might slip into 2016.

^ Microsoft can easily slash whatever lead in half this holiday. They have a very strong lineup for fall and Im hoping Sony doesn't get any big exclusive content for Battlefront because that sucks for all gamers when either side does this.
I don't see Microsoft doing fire sales again like last year just to slash a lead in half and further devalue their product. Plus you underestimate how huge the Battlefront marketing is going to be, that almost insures the PS4 November and with the Movie coming out in December it gives it a huge tail. Halo will give the Xbox One October if Sony doesn't do anything like a price drop or a surprise release.

Tomb Raider for sure.  Whatever Halo 5 LE bundle, possibly Black Ops III.

Unless Sony ends up with a Battlefront III PS4 bundle, wouldn't be surprised the game sales are split damn near 50/50.

I don't know why, but i have this odd feeling Tomb Raider might slip into 2016.
I don't see Tomb Raider slipping, they will release it broken before they let that happen. I'm sure Microsoft ponied up some major coin for it to release this year. Plus they were handed the Uncharted delay on a platter and I'm sure they want to capitalize on that.

Tomb Raider for sure. Whatever Halo 5 LE bundle, possibly Black Ops III.

Unless Sony ends up with a Battlefront III PS4 bundle, wouldn't be surprised the game sales are split damn near 50/50.
There will no doubt be a PS4 bundle, and I'm sure with a custom Star Wars faceplate. But bundles actually hurt the NPD number because bundled games don't count toward it just like digital, so this actually helps it become a 50/50 split with the possibility of the Xbox One copy selling better just like what happened with Destiny.

Official Battlefront boxart:

CCxNHWQUkAAGH6t.png
I dont think this is the official cover art some guy on twitter made this mockup.

I don't see Microsoft doing fire sales again like last year just to slash a lead in half and further devalue their product. Plus you underestimate how huge the Battlefront marketing is going to be, that almost insures the PS4 November and with the Movie coming out in December it gives it a huge tail. Halo will give the Xbox One October if Sony doesn't do anything like a price drop or a surprise release.
I can see them doing big deals like last year especially if Sony stretches the lead further. Its not like they cant afford to do so. I can see a $299.99 Black Friday Halo bundle happening.

I dont think this is the official cover art some guy on twitter made this mockup.

I can see them doing big deals like last year especially if Sony stretches the lead further. Its not like they cant afford to do so. I can see a $299.99 Black Friday Halo bundle happening.
I could see that possibly happening. It seems the Kinect may be on the way out, if that does happen. Which is strange cuz I own a Xbox One and without a Kinect it'd be horrible. They fixed a lot of the issues within the past year or so. IMO the system was built around the Kinect. A lot of the advertised features can't be done with the Kinect. Like turning it on/off with your voice or having it control your tv and cable box. Snapping a app or recording video were both something that needed Kinect.

I've recently purchased a friend a Xbox One and he wasn't interested in the kinect, so he just got the base system. He is really frustrated with the system UI and interface.

Have they offically said that Sony will be marketing Battlefront? And I'd imagine they have at least one First Party game coming out this fall, maybe a surprise release. Or maybe they just plan on banking on No Mans Sky releasing this Fall, that game has a huge amount of hype, considering it's not AAA. E3 should be very exciting this year. Just hope Playstation doesn't just go all in on Morpheus. Also If someone could lock down a Bethesda game as a third party exclusive that'd be huge.

Looks like you're correct that it's not official, even though Official PlayStation tweeted it, it looks like they knew it was a fake but did it with intention according to the responses on that twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/OPM_UK/status/588803479780663296

I could see that possibly happening. It seems the Kinect may be on the way out, if that does happen. Which is strange cuz I own a Xbox One and without a Kinect it'd be horrible. They fixed a lot of the issues within the past year or so. IMO the system was built around the Kinect. A lot of the advertised features can't be done with the Kinect. Like turning it on/off with your voice or having it control your tv and cable box. Snapping a app or recording video were both something that needed Kinect.

I've recently purchased a friend a Xbox One and he wasn't interested in the kinect, so he just got the base system. He is really frustrated with the system UI and interface.

Have they offically said that Sony will be marketing Battlefront? And I'd imagine they have at least one First Party game coming out this fall, maybe a surprise release. Or maybe they just plan on banking on No Mans Sky releasing this Fall, that game has a huge amount of hype, considering it's not AAA. E3 should be very exciting this year. Just hope Playstation doesn't just go all in on Morpheus. Also If someone could lock down a Bethesda game as a third party exclusive that'd be huge.
The UI was built around the kinect but it is usable without it, there is a learning curve however. Once you get familiar with everything its very good. I dont think its been announced that Sony has the marketing deal but all signs point to it. And Im with you on morpheus, Im not a big fan of add on peripherals like this.

Screen shot from Star Wars Battlefront!!!  Developer tweeted that this is actual gameplay, not CGI at all... gameplay trailer will be shown today!  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

star-wars-battlefront-screenshot_1920.0.0.jpg

It won't look this good.

No single player campaign or space battles is a turn off so far,
IDK man, a lot of guys from DICE are saying it will. Im skeptical as well though lol No "traditional" campaign and space battles is a big letdown but Im still hyped for it.

On second thought, don't even think the first two Battlefront games had traditional campaigns.  It was pretty much a MP match with bots/objectives.  At most, it'll be similar to Titanfall's online campaign.

If it does, I'll be impressed.  Don't think it'll be far off from the trailer though.

bread's done
Back