PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Thought I responded earlier but I was wrong. I was also wrong to doubt you. I deleted NBA 2K15 and was then able to start and play GTA V. The weirder thing is that I reinstalled NBA 2K15 afterward and GTA still ran fine. So none of kt makes any sort of sense to me in that regard, but thank you very much!

Awesome, glad I was able to help out! It is a strange issue and doesn't make much sense, I agree. I had a similar issue a few months back so I thought it might solve your problem. Maybe it's only an issue with certain games or something.

At this point they should have just offered the full version of DriveClub for free given how long it has been available for $20.
That was what I was expecting them to do also, I just figured they'd wait a year(so as to not piss off the retail customers) and then offer it for free. Doing it this way just feels like a slap in the face to any who had been waiting... It's been nearly 9 months! I bought a retail copy last year and the game is decent. The graphics are also quite impressive... It's a shame they had so many problems. It could have been another franchise for Sony but I doubt they want to throw any more money it's way at this point.

They gave you a game for free that you can get a plat for. Hardly a slap in the face to anyone when they have given them what they promised. Also all the free DLC they have given works with it as well.

Thought I responded earlier but I was wrong. I was also wrong to doubt you. I deleted NBA 2K15 and was then able to start and play GTA V. The weirder thing is that I reinstalled NBA 2K15 afterward and GTA still ran fine. So none of kt makes any sort of sense to me in that regard, but thank you very much!
It is weird.

But, as long as you got it working

Cheers

At this point they should have just offered the full version of DriveClub for free given how long it has been available for $20.
It's just nice to see them at least living up to what the promised, even if it took a lot longer than anticipated. I've never been excited for Driveclub, but I'll at least check it out now. Like others have said FH2 is a lot of fun and more my style, I am just not a fan of the more simulation style racing games (probably because I suck at them).

They gave you a game for free that you can get a plat for. Hardly a slap in the face to anyone when they have given them what they promised. Also all the free DLC they have given works with it as well.
I would hope the DLC you bought for a game works for the game...

Wasn't the PS+ version originally going to come out alongside the base game? Thanks for making us wait fucking 9 months and a new $20 price tag before you kept your promise Sony.

[quote name="blueweltall" post="12768191" timestamp="1435248854"]Yes, lets complain about free stuff.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he's complaining about broken promises.

They all were back then! And it was fun!

It took me and my brother weeks to beat the 4 level platformer Rick Dangerous on the 48k...

Mea Culpa, but we're going off-topic here...

So, yeah! Most likely will be skipping Arkham Night too!

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12768788" timestamp="1435265124"]It's been released. No promise was broken[/quote]
Strange. I could've sworn I read a lot of lofty promises about multiplayer experiences and the release that didn't jive with what actually happened.

I mean, I'm happy they finally got to release it. But this debacle was certainly long overdue for a resolution.

At yet since then the game has been fixed and a lot of people say its a very good game.

Yes it was a mess at launch but they worked hard to fix it and gave away a lot of free stuff to the people that bought it to say sorry for it.

Im not sure what more people feel entitled too. Esp those who paid nothing for it.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="12769076" timestamp="1435272523"]Yeah they could have left it broken like the MCC.
Nice to see people bitch and moan about a product they never bought nor intended to buy.[/quote]
MCC is fixed last I checked? And I planned on getting the free version some 9 months ago of Driveclub. But hey, keep trying to make it console wars?

If this is in the wrong area i apologize. I recently got a PS4 and i am having a small issue where if i leave it idle for a while and turn the fv off upon turning it back on there is only audio and no video. To my knowledge it's not going into stand by and the light is a solid white color.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12769256" timestamp="1435280129"]Im not sure where you are getting this idea from?[/quote]
GI article, can't post it now...at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
shenmue came out in 1999, yakuza in 2005

thats like saying super mario bros is a shittier version of a platformer released 6 years later. fantastic logic.
I know you're kind of dense; that fact has been covered here before. I didn't say Yakuza came first. I implied that it does everything better than Shenmue. The same can be said for SMB over a ton of games that came after it. Release date has no bearing on the merits of the game. But context is hard, huh?

I know you're kind of dense; that fact has been covered here before. I didn't say Yakuza came first. I implied that it does everything better than Shenmue. The same can be said for SMB over a ton of games that came after it. Release date has no bearing on the merits of the game. But context is hard, huh?
youre not even worth the argument dude. go on and keep hatin'

Whats with CAG lately and a lot of people being pissy?
yeah its pretty sad when timboslice is back and he is actually not even in the top 10 trolls of the board

As someone with both the PS4 and One, I'm finding incredibly hard to tell the difference in the quality of graphics between the 2. Here are a couple examples that I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQJVxaFfQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PDlMdgt70

Can someone tell me what I'm missing that makes the PS4 significantly better. Thanks

As someone with both the PS4 and One, I'm finding incredibly hard to tell the difference in the quality of graphics between the 2. Here are a couple examples that I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQJVxaFfQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PDlMdgt70

Can someone tell me what I'm missing that makes the PS4 significantly better. Thanks
It probably is hard to tell the difference when you cherry pick examples that were specifically made with the intent of making it difficult. You want me to cherry pick examples that make it clear, like Tomb Raider, GTA or Watch Dogs?

It probably is hard to tell the difference when you cherry pick examples that were specifically made with the intent of making it difficult. You want me to cherry pick examples that make it clear, like Tomb Raider, GTA or Watch Dogs?
I decided to check out Watch Dogs PS4vXB1 and it has a extra layer of shadow on everything- making it look darker, but I'm still not seeing any dealbreakers (for 3rd party at least)

I decided to check out Watch Dogs PS4vXB1 and it has a extra layer of shadow on everything- making it look darker, but I'm still not seeing any dealbreakers (for 3rd party at least)
Right. The bottom line is that all multi-plat games could look very very similar, and for the most part they will and have, assuming they are optimized correctly for the XB1 but many have not been, tomb raider and GTA for example.

I'm not a videophile and I will never notice subtle differences, that's why for the majority of games last gen I didn't see anything on PS3 that looks significantly worse then 360 despite websites like "lens of truth" claiming otherwise.

The "it looks better" or "runs better on PS4" isn't just a baseless claim but it really isn't a deal breaker either. It doesn't even crack the top 5 for me in reasons why I prefer my PlayStation 4 over my XB1.... what is damaging is that people sling that around like it is a big difference (again it's not) and it may effect a consumer who doesn't know better when they jump into this generation of consoles

Haven't seen this posted yet. You can now redeem psn codes on the PS App on smartphones. Not only can you enter the code, but you can also take a photo of the code instead of entering it.

Haven't seen this posted yet. You can now redeem psn codes on the PS App on smartphones now. Not only can you enter the code, but you can also take a phone of the code as well.
1. Go into the PS App

2. Go to the store icon located on the top left

3. Sign in and select your profile on the Right side of the top bar

4. Select "Redeem Codes" from the drop down menu

For anyone who doesn't know how

Now if they'd just fix the PSN store itself... It's straight ass.
Agreed

I'm still having issues logging in. It's not only the PS Store either, Spotify and What's New also won't load sometimes. I have to either log out/on or power off/on before I can access certain things. I read somewhere this was a issue fixed in a newer update, yet I just started having this issue since the update.

Agreed
I'm still having issues logging in. It's not only the PS Store either, Spotify and What's New also won't load sometimes. I have to either log out/on or power off/on before I can access certain things. I read somewhere this was a issue fixed in a newer update, yet I just started having this issue since the update.
I have those problems also, it's usually a crapshoot whether the store wants to let me in on my first try or not. Even when it does, it either won't load correctly or errors out a few times when I'm trying to buy something. It doesn't happen every time, but it's downright silly that buying a couple digital games can wind up taking 20 or so minutes. I can download most of my purchases way faster than that!

It's pretty telling when freaking Nintendo's online storefront works better than yours.

I can tell the difference between 900p and 1080p on my tv so its nice that most PS4 games have hit the 1080p mark. 900p looks too blurry in comparison for me. I do find it funny that a lot of people are trying to downplay these advantages now that Sony's console is touting them but when the 360 had them last gen (to a lesser extent even) its was a huge massive difference.

k7G3CYb.jpg

eKsTWL8.jpg

J1xHvza.png

Its not a huge deal but honestly you can see a difference.

But in the end just get the game for whatever system you enjoy more or have friends that play on if there is on line.

Speaking of PSN store, whenever i try to buy the free PS+ games through the website store, it always gives me an error and cant check out. I lost some PS+ games for PS3 and Vita because of this. Tried it one night, wasnt working so went to try the next day, but by then the month had switched to the new games. Anyone else have this problem?

Speaking of PSN store, whenever i try to buy the free PS+ games through the website store, it always gives me an error and cant check out. I lost some PS+ games for PS3 and Vita because of this. Tried it one night, wasnt working so went to try the next day, but by then the month had switched to the new games. Anyone else have this problem?
Nah I "buy" all my games that way and it works just fine.

The only time I get an error on the Web Store is if I try to "buy" multiples of the cross buy games, like the ps4 and Vita verisons. I find if you only "buy" the ps4 version, they all become marked as purchased.

bread's done
Back