PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I played the beta this morning and was very disappointed in the graphics of BOPS3. I was expecting a graphics jump with this being the 3rd COD game on the current gen system. I'll keep my pre order just because I want the fridge and my son will play the multi player. I'll play thru the story once.

I played the beta this morning and was very disappointed in the graphics of BOPS3. I was expecting a graphics jump with this being the 3rd COD game on the current gen system. I'll keep my pre order just because I want the fridge and my son will play the multi player. I'll play thru the story once.
I'm certainly not a CoD apologist, as I'm not really a big fan or anything, but aren't the graphics in multiplayer usually not quite as good as the campaign? Also, I'll throw in the obligatory "this is just the beta, after all" comment.

I'm certainly not a CoD apologist, as I'm not really a big fan or anything, but aren't the graphics in multiplayer usually not quite as good as the campaign? Also, I'll throw in the obligatory "this is just the beta, after all" comment.
I noticed this as well in AW. I was pretty blown away by the single player graphics, but didn't like that they couldn't copy that in multi player. I just think in this day and age, you can mimic the graphics on both. I buy every COD regardless, so I am not a hater; but I think BF4 looks better than BOP3 and BF4 is a launch game for the ps4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/19/how-to-sign-up-for-the-ps4-system-software-beta/
Looks like Sony will be doing the Software Beta tests in NA too. If you want in sign up asap, there's limited spots available.
There's no way I'd ever want to beta test a software update, they can cause way too many bugs and glitches (like the recent patch that caused issues with sleep mode that had to be patched).

More power to you if you're into that sort of thing though.

There's no way I'd ever want to beta test a software update, they can cause way too many bugs and glitches (like the recent patch that caused issues with sleep mode that had to be patched).

More power to you if you're into that sort of thing though.
Its in there that you can revert back to the current released OS if something is really wrong.

Its in there that you can revert back to the current released OS if something is really wrong.
I read that.

You never know though, you could run into something that temporarily bricks your system and then that feature doesn't matter... I'm not saying that would happen, and chances are it wouldn't, but I'd still rather not fool with it.

Again, not knocking anyone that wants to do this or thinks it's cool, it's just not for me.

I actually started playing The Order 1886 last night. It was very buggy. Early on, there was no audio. I closed the game and the and it froze with a screen image of the game. I had to at one point just unplug the system and somehow that screen image stayed. I rebooted and it worked fine and then after awhile, the audio was off a split second making it look like those old Godzilla films. The graphics on the game though are great and is the shooting/movement. I would give them game though a 6/10 because of the bugs, and lack of content. If the made this more open world, it could have been great

I actually started playing The Order 1886 last night. It was very buggy. Early on, there was no audio. I closed the game and the and it froze with a screen image of the game. I had to at one point just unplug the system and somehow that screen image stayed. I rebooted and it worked fine and then after awhile, the audio was off a split second making it look like those old Godzilla films. The graphics on the game though are great and is the shooting/movement. I would give them game though a 6/10 because of the bugs, and lack of content. If the made this more open world, it could have been great
Super weird, you might be having an issue with your PS4, I did not run into any of that stuff when I played the Order....

Super weird, you might be having an issue with your PS4, I did not run into any of that stuff when I played the Order....
I didn't have a single issue either although I beat the game in 3 or 4 short 2-3 hour sessions. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and despite all the complaints other people had, none of the ones I read had anything to deal with bugs or audio glitches.

Same here, I don't think I ran into a single bug or glitch during my play through... Unless things are different now since launch, it may be an issue with your ps4/TV set up.

a couple of weeks ago I started the last of us remastered and the order 1886. I only played an hour or so of each, just to help me decide which one to jump into first. I went with the last of us and I was blown away. I know everyone loved it, but I just don't get the time to sit down and immerse myself in a story as much as I would like.

wife and kids were at the in-laws all weekend so I had a couple of days to just sink into it. I don't think I have anything I could even remotely complain about it. I played on easy, but even had a couple of areas where I struggled. mostly the segment where you are strung upside down and have to shoot/fight off the attack. I thought I was doing pretty good with the collectibles; but upon finishing the game I only had two trophies. I plan another playthrough soon at a higher difficulty.

did anyone beat it on the highest difficuly? looking forward to the left behind story as well.

as for the order 1886, I played up to a portion where you enter a hospital if I recall. no glitches/bugs that I can recall. it does look gorgeous and I am curious to see how the story plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone beat it on the highest difficuly? looking forward to the left behind story as well.

as for the order 1886, I played up to a portion where you enter a hospital if I recall. no glitches/bugs that I can recall. it does look gorgeous and I am curious to see how the story plays out.
i have the plat in TLOU and survivor difficulty isnt that bad. just take your time and dont go into a situation guns blazing.

the order is very generic. i like the setting/world though, so if RaD gets a chance for a sequel they could improve on the game.

What's the best 2 GB internal HDD for the PS4? No externals that need surgery please as I already have a 1TB external to do the backup/restore. Thanks in advance.

So looks like Grow Home won the vote and the PS+ games are:

1st September: Grow Home (PS4)
1st September: Super Time Force Ultra (PS4 and PS Vita)
1st September: Twisted Metal (PS3)
1st September: Teslagrad (PS4 and PS3)
1st September: La-Mulana EX (PS Vita)
1st September: Xeodrifter (PS4 and PS Vita)

Thanks but that's an external. Willing to pay more to not have to worry about opening up the casing.
It's really easy to open that case and you can put the old 500gb back inside it and use it as an external. It's basically just a housing and a sticker that is keeping it in place.

Thanks but that's an external. Willing to pay more to not have to worry about opening up the casing.
Its honestly not hard to do at all. No reason to pay a lot more when this works just as well. Plus like blue said then you can use the 500gb drive from the ps4 as an external as well.

I mean this is the price of pretty much the same internal drive.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-2tb-internal-sata-hard-drive-for-laptops-multi/7523041.p?id=1219277910533&skuId=7523041

That is actually a good HDD. I think that might be the same one that was in my Seagate too. But yeah do whatever that you are more comfortable with. Hopefully your transfer is more smooth than my. I lost my Mortal Kombat save and PT because my backup got corrupted and I formatted the drive before I realized my restore process was stopped because of it.

I ended up getting this one on Amazon. It has 90% 5-star reviews out of 1k reviews, and it was only $9 more. Thanks anyway guys.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
That's the exact same drive that's in the external linked above. About a year ago, my son(11) and I put it in our PS4. It was so simple, he did it himself. The old 500gb Hdd is now in the enclosure and is used on the Xbox One. For $87, I was able to upgrade both current gen consoles with more storage.

That's the exact same drive that's in the external linked above. About a year ago, my son(11) and I put it in our PS4. It was so simple, he did it himself. The old 500gb Hdd is now in the enclosure and is used on the Xbox One. For $87, I was able to upgrade both current gen consoles with more storage.
That's a good idea, upgrading both consoles.
I heard it's pretty easy to install the drive in the PS4.

But is it also fairly simple to pop out the one from the external and replace it with the old 500gb?
Thanks in advance

That's a good idea, upgrading both consoles.
I heard it's pretty easy to install the drive in the PS4.
But is it also fairly simple to pop out the one from the external and replace it with the old 500gb?
Thanks in advance
Yeah it's really easy. . There's a tutorial around the Web. . Just Google it. . Or look on YouTube

Loving the new Madden. I've bought every Madden since 1992 and the last few years have been boring. Loving the interface and the passing/pass defense mechanics. Running is actually improved this year. Very well done. I think my Eagles should be rated higher, but if they do well this season, their stats should go up

Can someone here help me out with something with Ground Zeroes?

I played through it, rescued Paz and Chico, and whenever I try to get on the helicopter it tells me I'm abandoning the mission.

What am I doing wrong??

Can someone here help me out with something with Ground Zeroes?

I played through it, rescued Paz and Chico, and whenever I try to get on the helicopter it tells me I'm abandoning the mission.

What am I doing wrong??
Are you saving the other prisoners (they are optional but some have Intel like cassette tapes & etc). Never played that mission without saving the other prisoners so I'm not sure.

I'm sure it's not for everyone but having fun playing through "Until Dawn" with my girlfriend. If you complained about The Order: 1886 having too many QTE's or being too cinematic then stay far away!

Are you saving the other prisoners (they are optional but some have Intel like cassette tapes & etc). Never played that mission without saving the other prisoners so I'm not sure.
I saved one other *there was one left as I left*. When I moved away there was another one back there

Yeah, did that and when I got on myself it told me that I was abandoning the mission
Oh okay I think I know what is happening.
You rescued Paz but not Chico. The person who you think is Chico is some other prisoner. The real Chico could be found near the small prison camp to the east by the cliff.

I've been enjoying the Street Fighter V beta this week, but my enjoyment went up ten fold when I put the soundtracks for Super Street Fighter II and the Alpha series on a thumb drive. I didn't think the Street Fighter V music was bad. I just realized I wasn't noticing it at all. The custom soundtrack is getting me so much more into the game. And it makes the Street Fighter V pre-order theme look awesome.

Oh okay I think I know what is happening.
You rescued Paz but not Chico. The person who you think is Chico is some other prisoner. The real Chico could be found near the small prison camp to the east by the cliff.
Thanks man, that worked. Now very much looking forward to the whole game this Tuesday!

I bought an Arkham PS4 bundle last night before the Cartwheel deal ended, not realizing until I got home that those are the 1115s, and I could've had a 1200 if I'd gotten the TLOU bundle. 

What's the consensus around here? Is it worth doing whatever I need to do to get a 1200 instead?

I figure I have a ~decent~ chance of them doing an exchange, allowing me to keep the Cartwheel discount, if I go back today. I didn't open it yet.

After a shit load of troubles and frustrations with the system restore and back up, thinking I lost over 80+ game saves, I was finally able to get the restore function to restore (from the looks of it) all of my game saves. Game installs/downloaded games are gone, but at least those are easily taken care of. 

Could you guys clarify something for me: 

1. My restored accounts have an asterisk next to them, what does that mean? 

2. I now some game saves are locked... but are they locked to the PS3 account you use to log into the system or are they tied to the PSN account? 

I bought an Arkham PS4 bundle last night before the Cartwheel deal ended, not realizing until I got home that those are the 1115s, and I could've had a 1200 if I'd gotten the TLOU bundle.

What's the consensus around here? Is it worth doing whatever I need to do to get a 1200 instead?

I figure I have a ~decent~ chance of them doing an exchange, allowing me to keep the Cartwheel discount, if I go back today. I didn't open it yet.
I don't think you're really missing out on much of anything special.

bread's done
Back