PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

@samaside my best buy had copies out when I went in today during lunch. Have you looked there?
I'm going to try and swap it for a copy of Ghosts I got with the B2G1 and 30% Off coupon. That's why I need to go back to Target for it. If all else fails I'll just return the extra copy of Ghosts and keep the $44 copy I have coming from Target.com.

I highly doudt this thing is hard drive issue. Most people are saying hdmi port issue. Just by watching that guy on twitch fixing it then having it stop workin after each time would suggest that.
Someone from Sony stated that some of the faulty consoles had fragmented drives. That is why the "remove hard drive, boot into safe mode, reinsert hard drive" thing works. It reformats the drive.

May not be able to stack PS3 on top of PS4 due to the stupid placement of the rubber feet. Don't know how Sony could think it was a good idea to place the rubber 2/3rd's from the end of the console. Saw an original model PS3 on top of a PS4 and the PS4 was resting on the left front side with the right side rubber feet sticking off the floor. I wouldn't feel good if the disc was off-centered while it spins inside. 

Last edited by a moderator:
May not be able to stack PS3 on top of PS4 due to the stupid placement of the rubber feet. Don't know how Sony could think it was a good idea to place the rubber 2/3rd's from the end of the console. Saw an original model PS3 on top of a PS4 and the PS4 waat'ss resting on the left front side with the right side rubber feet sticking off the floor.
Just buy a package of rubber feet and fix it yourself. That's what I'm going to do.

Just buy a package of rubber feet and fix it yourself. That's what I'm going to do.
$3 at Walmart.

Or cut a small square of cardboard from your amazon box, color it black with a sharpie, and set it in the middle of the shiny side, underneath.

Everything you need to fix it in ( or part of) the box.

Just a heads up, but Amazon shipped mine with signature required. I have ordered many expensive items from Amazon and they have never bothered to ask for a signature, so it probably has to do something with it being a PS4.

Anyways, if you create a UPS account, you can authorize a "shipment release" which means that they are allowed to leave it without a signature.

Someone from Sony stated that some of the faulty consoles had fragmented drives. That is why the "remove hard drive, boot into safe mode, reinsert hard drive" thing works. It reformats the drive.
So how would that work with the 800mb update upon first starting the PS4 up?

- Remove the HD

- Boot it into Safe Mode

- Reinsert HD

- Select System Update

I'm sure most of you guys are aware already but to enable a lot of the features on PS4, you will need to download update 1.50.

I'd strongly suggest you do it now with the USB method. Sony servers are gonna be swamped come midnight. Look several posts up for instructions

Where you buy those and what size? Where in Walmart?
Depends on the store but I think they have them in hardware and housing. Our local tiny Walmart has a really disorganized set up so I got them in this random section of 'Hey, here's a bunch of stuff that sort of seems similar. Let's put it here.'

Where you buy those and what size? Where in Walmart?
Walmart. Anti skid pads...usually near the glue and tape in hardware ( not crafts). Pack of 6 for 3.99

Or, if you don't want to travel, I think they sell a pack of 75 for around $30, online. They work for all sorts of stuff.

To update via flash drive, do you need to format your flash drive or just create a folder and put the firmware file?
It needs to be fat32 formatted...which it likely is if you use it with most devices.

You need a folder called PS4.

In that folder, you need a folder called UPDATE.

Put the pup file in the update folder.

Wait I'm confused, do I just get the 300MB one?
If you just want to update the stock hard drive, yes. The 300mb version.

If you are installing a new hard drive or expecting a complete system failure, you would need the 800mb for a full is/firmware restore.

Likely, you need the 300mb version.

Thanks for the help man. Can't wait to pick mine up later, push on it to make it wobble, then have the hdmi port die out on me!

;p

You just cursed yourself lol

Depends on the store but I think they have them in hardware and housing. Our local tiny Walmart has a really disorganized set up so I got them in this random section of 'Hey, here's a bunch of stuff that sort of seems similar. Let's put it here.'
Walmart. Anti skid pads...usually near the glue and tape in hardware ( not crafts). Pack of 6 for 3.99

Or, if you don't want to travel, I think they sell a pack of 75 for around $30, online. They work for all sorts of stuff.

Thanks! Much happier now. Can keep PS3 hooked up!

Just a heads up, but Amazon shipped mine with signature required. I have ordered many expensive items from Amazon and they have never bothered to ask for a signature, so it probably has to do something with it being a PS4.

Anyways, if you create a UPS account, you can authorize a "shipment release" which means that they are allowed to leave it without a signature.
Where should I look on the Amazon site to see if mine requires a signature?

So how would that work with the 800mb update upon first starting the PS4 up?

- Remove the HD

- Boot it into Safe Mode

- Reinsert HD

- Select System Update
Well if you do what you've written, the PS4 will reformat the drive with the OS before you will be able to do the system update. The 800MB file is for brand new drives.

How does GS warranty work? Do they replace your system?

And how much is it?
Just a free one time replacement if your console is damaged. 40$ for 1 year or 60$ for 2.

I just went with one, especially with all the reports of errors and such. Rather be out 40$ than not having the console for like a month.

Well if you do what you've written, the PS4 will reformat the drive with the OS before you will be able to do the system update. The 800MB file is for brand new drives.
Agree. I wouldn't invite trouble. IF you run into problems, THEN reformat.

I wouldn't recommend doing it just to do it. But that's just me.

I'm swapping hdds before I even boot the first time, so....obviously I'm not too averse to risk. :)

one more question guys. I am leaving in 2 hours to bestbuy to get my pre-order. I have another ps4 on its way from amazon (already shipped).

Can I just refuse the package from amazon tomorrow? I don't want to return because I would have to pay for the return shipping. How does the refusal process work? I also do not want to have my amazon account flagged for refusing the shipment.

Thanks

one more question guys. I am leaving in 2 hours to bestbuy to get my pre-order. I have another ps4 on its way from amazon (already shipped).

Can I just refuse the package from amazon tomorrow? I don't want to return because I would have to pay for the return shipping. How does the refusal process work? I also do not want to have my amazon account flagged for refusing the shipment.

Thanks
Amazon doesn't charge for the return. You'd print out a return sticker, put in the box and then take the box to UPS.

Are you sure? I think they are charging now, unless it is their fault (like damaged item, wrong item, etc..)
According to the help desk / FAQ

Items with FREE Return Shipping

The following categories have FREE Return Shipping on eligible items when purchased from Amazon.com:

• Baby Items
  • Shoes
  • Clothing
  • Accessories
  • Jewelry
  • Watches (except those sold in Sports & Outdoors)

Thanks
You're the one that decided to order 2 systems. You should be the responsible one and pay to return the item. Amazon doesn't deserve to lose money because you were "greedy" or anxious and chose to order two PS4s.

Thanks
You can do what you said. Or just write "return to sender" or "refused" on the package and take it to a drop off zone or store, depending on which carrier is delivering it. Once Amazon receives it they'll send you an e-mail about it. You can preemptively send them an e-mail saying you've mailed it back or refused it, or just go into your order and select return, then select the option that you'll pay return shipping yourself (and not have Amazon create you a label). That's probably the best way to do it, so that they know to expect it and you've handled it before it even arrives. Since you're refusing the package, you won't have to pay any shipping fees as the package was never opened, so there should be no issue about tampering or use on your part.

Been stuck on "Shipping Now" all day on Amazon. Anyone else in AZ with the same issue? I know their distribution center is in Phoenix so maybe that's why... I know I shouldn't be but starting to get nervous.

Thanks
which one did you get?

bread's done
Back