PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I saw a PS4 at retail today. Only one though. $399.99 plain blue box, I thought it said 500GB? IT was cool to at least see one, but IDK if people are still buying them for much above retail.

walmart doesn't ever have any when i visit.  made me rethink keeping mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a guy on Craiglist advertising his used PS4 with extra controller and Madden for $700.  :wall:  :dunce:  :roll:

I would post a link but it's either been flagged or someone actually bought it.

I called my local Gamestop and they told me that they should be getting a bunch in this week.  He said he had no idea and to call every day to see if they got them in.  Does anyone know when Gamestop usually receives stock?  Morning? Night?  Basically, when should I call?

I called my local Gamestop and they told me that they should be getting a bunch in this week. He said he had no idea and to call every day to see if they got them in. Does anyone know when Gamestop usually receives stock? Morning? Night? Basically, when should I call?
it depends when the local UPS delivery truck arrives. At my stores they get there around noon.

Hi I have a question and sorry if was posted in this thread, I didn't want to go through the entire thing.

I'm getting a PS4 through Amazon's website soon. I was wondering if the $30 2-year warranty through SquareTrade is worth it?

Has anyone had experience with them before?

I know Sony offers a one year warranty, but was curious if Amazon was an authorized retailer (I'm guessing they are) and if you have to pay shipping, turn around time - that sort of thing.

That being said, has anyone had an experience returning a Playstation THREE or Four through Sony? Is it a pain?

Any insight would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2 ps4s in Stock at the target in the Brickyard mall on Narragansett. Chicago.

THis may seem like a silly question but anyone think launch PS4s are worth more? And how would I prove on eBay it's a launch edition? I have one I'm about to sell and I still haven't used the codes that came with it.

THis may seem like a silly question but anyone think launch PS4s are worth more? And how would I prove on eBay it's a launch edition? I have one I'm about to sell and I still haven't used the codes that came with it.
No I don't think so. The only way to tell---and this may not even be exclusive to "launch models" is the inclusion of the PS+ trial and $10 PSN cash (I think that's what they had) and maybe the fact that launch units had the "blue" PS Seal instead of clear tape.

But I'm pretty confident that the model numbers on the launch consoles are exactly the same as those released later.

The time to have cashed in was months ago.

At this point, the hype is dead IMO. No "system seller" games are out, Amazon has em' in stock, as do many other retailers.

Even if you were able to prove it was a launch edition, profit - if any - would be small. Just my two bits. I'm grabbing my PS4 because I managed to convince my girlfriend to get me one for bday (in fairness, she has fancy purses that cost the same if not more that I've gotten her... at least thats what im telling myself). I'm more excited to play around with the features than any games. Nothing really seems that appealing to me right now.

If only Forza was out for both systems ....

I got mine launch day and haven't used it very much. I'm actually EXTREMELY let down with the 8th generation. I'm getting ready to build a high end PC because I'm beyond done with 30 FPS, yet many new games are still being released that way on console. I wish they would have just beefed the PS4 up more and increased the price. I get that that is not a smart business move, but it would have made me happy, dammit! Haha

I got mine launch day and haven't used it very much. I'm actually EXTREMELY let down with the 8th generation. I'm getting ready to build a high end PC because I'm beyond done with 30 FPS, yet many new games are still being released that way on console. I wish they would have just beefed the PS4 up more and increased the price. I get that that is not a smart business move, but it would have made me happy, dammit! Haha
Funny that you are posting this in the PS4 thread, seeing as most games are 60FPS on PS4, it's the Xboxone that only has a couple that play above 30fps....

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="11773468" timestamp="1400594734"]Funny that you are posting this in the PS4 thread, seeing as most games are 60FPS on PS4, it's the Xboxone that only has a couple that play above 30fps....[/quote]

I don't have very many PS4 games, but from some of what I do have...

Ass Creed 4 - 30
Thief - 30
Watch Dogs (just cancelled) - 30
Killzone (campaign) - 30

I know the XB1 is worse off, but saying 'most' are 60 on PS4 is a lark.

Haven't visited the old pre-order thread in a long time. My Amazon pre-ordered system has not had any issues since day one, all smooth running. So far i've got Knack, Killzone, NBA 2K14, MLB 14 The Show, and Infamous. I'm definitely loving the console early on.

bread's done
Back