PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Anyone having trouble staying connected to internet? Mine keeps going out and its taking me forever to dl this COD patch. I can use Netflix and PSN but when I try to test connection it always fails on internet connection

Went to Best Buy to trade in my old refurbed PS3 phat and saw behind the desk, at least 20 PS4s.

The guy said he couldn't sell me one because they are pre-orders.

What?

Shouldn't there be a minimum days before you lose your pre-orders?

What is to stop the flippers to have Best Buy hold their PS4 while they gage the demand.

They have a guaranteed PS4 but don't have to actually buy it.

Of course the guy could have lied to me and they are holding them for BF sales.
I believe BB holds them for at least a week.

Anyone having trouble staying connected to internet? Mine keeps going out and its taking me forever to dl this COD patch. I can use Netflix and PSN but when I try to test connection it always fails on internet connection
Might be because of traffic downloading the 1.51 patch. I downloaded the Killzone update pretty quickly even though it disconnected half way through but the 1.51 update claims it will take several hours even though 1.50 which is about the same size took minutes.

Same for my local store today, a mountain of PS4s sitting at customer service.

Went to Best Buy to trade in my old refurbed PS3 phat and saw behind the desk, at least 20 PS4s.

The guy said he couldn't sell me one because they are pre-orders.

What?

Shouldn't there be a minimum days before you lose your pre-orders?

What is to stop the flippers to have Best Buy hold their PS4 while they gage the demand.

They have a guaranteed PS4 but don't have to actually buy it.

Of course the guy could have lied to me and they are holding them for BF sales.

I believe BB holds them for at least a week.

Best Buy is holding them for 8 days (including launch day). So they are going to release them for sale to public this coming Sunday. If you're store has any for sale, basically they are preordered ones that weren't picked up, Sunday they are going to be ticketing before the store opens. So line up and they'll give out tickets according to how many units they have for sale. So that is your best bet to get one, line up early before Best Buy opens. They are also doing the same thing for Xbox Ones.

After a couple days using it the "New Console" wear has worn off. Kind of thinking about trying to sell it on Ebay. Just don't know if I want to try risking it.

just added myself to the list, i'll add everyone else when i have a chance later tonight!

I added myself to the list. I'm really in need of some friends on the Sony platform because the Xbox was my main last generation and I switched.

Anyone knows how long Gamestop is holding pre-orders? I read a week. Will I be able to try to snap one up on Friday?

Anyone knows how long Gamestop is holding pre-orders? I read a week. Will I be able to try to snap one up on Friday?
I think GameStop only holds for 2 days. So that means preorders are released for sale to public on Sunday morning. best buy is releasing preorders to public this coming Sunday.

Gamestop released theirs by Sunday Morning.  If you called at 7pm on Sat they could give you an idea of how many were available to be released.

If they're nice.

I'll add people on the friends list as well and update it for the next few days.  I could use some non-stranger Rivals people and having some people for my AC Fleet might be nice :)

Gamestop only holds them for 48 hours and sold them last Sunday.

Jeeze. Do you sell all your systems after the "new console" wear has worn off?
No, I just haven't enjoyed it as much as I expected I would. I had the same issue when I bought then sold a PS3 not long after I got it. The Console it self is really nice I just think i'm dead set as a PC guy now days.

I kind of wish I could trade my broken PS4 for a XBox One, because PS4s are having too many hardware problems. Not to somebody on here, I mean like, getting a refund which I'm not going to get and buying a XBox One.

I kind of wish I could trade my broken PS4 for a XBox One, because PS4s are having too many hardware problems. Not to somebody on here, I mean like, getting a refund which I'm not going to get and buying a XBox One.
Just return your broken PS4 to the store. If they don't have any in stock (which is most likely the case), you could get your money back. You'd still need 100 dollars, but still. Or, if the store DID have some in stock, you could easily sell your new PS4 for 100 dollars profit. Boom; you just paid for your Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just return your broken PS4 to the store. If they don't have any in stock (which is most likely the case), you could get your money back. You'd still need 100 dollars, but still. Or, if the store DID have some in stock, you could easily sell your new PS4 for 100 dollars profit. Boom; you just paid for your Xbox One.
It's outside of Gamestop's policy to issue a refund, and they have none in stock. Do you think they'll issue a refund anyway?

It's outside of Gamestop's policy to issue a refund, and they have none in stock. Do you think they'll issue a refund anyway?
Probably. That's how Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy do it. If they don't, they'll probably let you at least exchange for something on that same visit.

No, I just haven't enjoyed it as much as I expected I would. I had the same issue when I bought then sold a PS3 not long after I got it. The Console it self is really nice I just think i'm dead set as a PC guy now days.
PC master race. I'm the same way and at first I didn't like the PS4 but it's growing on me largely in part to ACIV. I mean, PS4 is essentially a full-blown PC now but the OS needs work. Once they start adding features like gaikai, themes, and all the stuff we had on PS3 it will be a much better console. Unless it's a financial thing, just keep it since the price isn't coming down for 2-3 years at least. By then we'll be knee-deep in amazing games.

Just call gamestop and they confirm no GS yo have any ps4 to sell until Black Friday. They're probably holding back whatever small stock sony is sending them.

Th replacement PS4 from Amazon booted up and is running without any troubles. The DL speeds for Contrast and Resogun were surprisingly fast (as opposed to all other times I downloaded games from PSN). Very happy (now that I have working one).

The packaging was different for the replacement PS4 and my original (BLOD) PS4. The packaging in the broken one was severely damaged when comparing. The cardboard in the broken unit was ripped and bent whereas the replacement unit was much more crisp. One of the most noticeable packaging differences was with the controller. On the broken one it had a large rectangular piece of plastic over the buttons and d-pad. The replacement has form-fitting circle's with cut out locations for the buttons and d-pad. I found it very odd that in the matter of a weeks that the consoles was packaged differently.

Th replacement PS4 from Amazon booted up and is running without any troubles. The DL speeds for Contrast and Resogun were surprisingly fast (as opposed to all other times I downloaded games from PSN). Very happy (now that I have working one).

The packaging was different for the replacement PS4 and my original (BLOD) PS4. The packaging in the broken one was severely damaged when comparing. The cardboard in the broken unit was ripped and bent whereas the replacement unit was much more crisp. One of the most noticeable packaging differences was with the controller. On the broken one it had a large rectangular piece of plastic over the buttons and d-pad. The replacement has form-fitting circle's with cut out locations for the buttons and d-pad. I found it very odd that in the matter of a weeks that the consoles was packaged differently.
My buddy got a controller with the form-fitting circles from Target at launch, and I got one with the shitty tape on my Amazon launch unit. I too was surprised at the difference despite both getting them at launch.

My buddy got a controller with the form-fitting circles from Target at launch, and I got one with the shitty tape on my Amazon launch unit. I too was surprised at the difference despite both getting them at launch.
My amazon unit had the form fitting circles with the blue playstation seal. That unit malfunctioned afterwards. The replacement I received at the sony store had a clear seal and the rectangular tapes over the controller buttons.

By any chance were your box seals different?

Just to add my experience, I bought a non pre-order PS4 from GS at midnight. The controller had the rectangles, no circles. Running strong (for now)

I think my PS4 and maybe Xbox One will be going to my cousin  for Christmas. His dad usually wants to get him everything and I'm just not feeling it yet. I played with the one in Gamestop the other day and I wasn't really that impressed. The only things I want to play are Contrast and that game coming out by the folks who made Bastion.

One of the most noticeable packaging differences was with the controller. On the broken one it had a large rectangular piece of plastic over the buttons and d-pad. The replacement has form-fitting circle's with cut out locations for the buttons and d-pad. I found it very odd that in the matter of a weeks that the consoles was packaged differently.
Team rectangle here, no problems at all. I got it from Amazon, quick question, where was yours made? It should tell you on the bottom of the console.

There's nothing quite like playing Need for Speed: Rivals when you know you're over the legal limit. I went to a wet seminar tonight and afterward blew a .083 in the DUI van. (A wet seminar is a course put on by the local police department to show law enforcement officials what it really takes to blow a .08 and get above the limit so, no, I wasn't arrested for DUI.) I wish my Origin account was working so ya'll could experience this.

My amazon unit had the form fitting circles with the blue playstation seal. That unit malfunctioned afterwards. The replacement I received at the sony store had a clear seal and the rectangular tapes over the controller buttons.

By any chance were your box seals different?
Nope. Both blue Sony seals

Dokstarr said:
I think my PS4 and maybe Xbox One will be going to my cousin for Christmas. His dad usually wants to get him everything and I'm just not feeling it yet. I played with the one in Gamestop the other day and I wasn't really that impressed. The only things I want to play are Contrast and that game coming out by the folks who made Bastion.
Contrast is a nice game and better, I think, than most of the reviews indicate. However, you can finish it in one setting and get all the trophies either then or with a little post-play mop-up. It pretty much has no replay value. So definitely don't get a PS4 just for that - but it is a nice bonus and I'm counting on something every month from PS+ so that's my main reason once I finish up Knack and get my fill of NBA 2K14.

PS Plus 7 day trial: 2D6B-P8NR-92JJ

PS Plus 7 day trial: 4A86-FTNH-GR4B

30 Day PS Plus trail: 84B8-7ANB-95PR

Muisc Unlimited 30 day trial: FM6J-7RNE-75EB

Please update if/when you have have claim the 2 30 day trial so others wont waste their time 

PS Plus 7 day trial: 2D6B-P8NR-92JJ

PS Plus 7 day trial: 4A86-FTNH-GR4B

30 Day PS Plus trail: 84B8-7ANB-95PR

Muisc Unlimited 30 day trial: FM6J-7RNE-75EB

Please update if/when you have have claim the 2 30 day trial so others wont waste their time
Used 30 day plus.

Thanks!

Last year, launch day Wii U had no hdmi issues. Last week, launch day ps4 had no hdmi or HDD issues. Today, launch day xbox one has no disc drive errors. I'm officially 3/3 for the next gen without any defective units. Man...I'm relieved.

Wait, why does WiiU need HDMI with those last gen graphics?

tn_rage-faces-irl.jpg

Dang it. Looks like TRU gave away their non-picked pre-orders for the PS4 today. Anybody got some (B&M only)?

I'm hearing BestBuy is going to do the same tomorrow. If you want one, have to camp out before opening time tmrw.

Dang it. Looks like TRU gave away their non-picked pre-orders for the PS4 today. Anybody got some (B&M only)?

I'm hearing BestBuy is going to do the same tomorrow. If you want one, have to camp out before opening time tmrw.
My store has 7 in stock to sell tomorrow but they are ticketed items which means you must get in line and get a ticket to be guaranteed to buy one. I THINK you also have to be a My Best Buy Elite member

bread's done
Back