PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

This is my setup: I have a LG55LM7600 and the ps4 is connected via HDMI to a monoprice HDMI switch.

It works perfect, no problems with video such as artifacts or anything like that. Never froze on me.

However, this is the second time since the launch day that when I turn on my ps4, I notice no sound. When I turn off and on and ps4, the sound comes back.

the ps4 itself has no weird sound or no other obvious problems.

Has anyone experienced that? It seems to be some firmware issue, what do you guys think??
Just happened to me today for the first time. I booted up and went to the Playstation Store, and got no sound at all. Shut down and restarted and the sound is fine.

This is my setup: I have a LG55LM7600 and the ps4 is connected via HDMI to a monoprice HDMI switch.

It works perfect, no problems with video such as artifacts or anything like that. Never froze on me.

However, this is the second time since the launch day that when I turn on my ps4, I notice no sound. When I turn off and on and ps4, the sound comes back.

the ps4 itself has no weird sound or no other obvious problems.

Has anyone experienced that? It seems to be some firmware issue, what do you guys think??
I have a similar LG set and have had no issues. I have it connected straight to tv at the moment.

That's awesome on the overnight switching :)

Just waiting on my coffin to arrive. Please get this back to me before thanksgiving :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks. I wish I would have seen this article before I returned my broken PS4 to Best Buy. My PS4 didn't have the Blue Light of Death. The thing just wouldn't power on. When I called Sony, they said the box would arrive in 2 to 3 days. And if they needed to repair or send me a new unit, that would take 7 days. That would mean it would probably be delivered to my apartment when I am out of town for Thanksgiving Vacation. So instead of having to deal with that mess, I just returned to Best Buy with the hopes I would find another system. No luck so far. Damn you sony, I wish you released this info sooner about expediting the process.

This sucks. I wish I would have seen this article before I returned my broken PS4 to Best Buy. My PS4 didn't have the Blue Light of Death. The thing just wouldn't power on. When I called Sony, they said the box would arrive in 2 to 3 days. And if they needed to repair or send me a new unit, that would take 7 days. That would mean it would probably be delivered to my apartment when I am out of town for Thanksgiving Vacation. So instead of having to deal with that mess, I just returned to Best Buy with the hopes I would find another system. No luck so far. Damn you sony, I wish you released this info sooner about expediting the process.
Not to be a douche here, but you did try the actual power button on the console, right? Because there were reports of people thinking they couldn't power on their console, but they were using the controller to try to turn it on (which wouldn't work the first time). Anyway, you might try that.

Has anyone on CAG received or know that their Walmart.com bundle was shipped? I ordered on 10/30 and still haven't received any update. Super frustrating.

Unless you're a big fan of the Heat, Spurs and Phil Collins wait for NBA 2K to fully install before playing it.  Only option when you start it is a quick game between those two teams (can you hear me losing my lunch?) with no commentary and "In the Air Tonight" playing in the background.

Actually, games are up to the company and how they're coded (movies too, though thats not really a topic worth discussing).
Yeah, just like the ps3, games are for the most part region free, unless said otherwise. We're looking at you Persona 4 arena ;)

Unless you're a big fan of the Heat, Spurs and Phil Collins wait for NBA 2K to fully install before playing it. Only option when you start it is a quick game between those two teams (can you hear me losing my lunch?) with no commentary and "In the Air Tonight" playing in the background.
2K Sports really screwed the pooch with the NBA 2k14 PS4 release. So many things wrong and missing from the game. I'm still stunned that there's no defensive options for individual players, which has been a staple of the game for years. They better fix this mess, because a lot of people are pissed off.

2K Sports really screwed the pooch with the NBA 2k14 PS4 release. So many things wrong and missing from the game. I'm still stunned that there's no defensive options for individual players, which has been a staple of the game for years. They better fix this mess, because a lot of people are pissed off.
I'm fine with the game, I think it is my favorite PS4 game, the graphics are good, the new games modes and stuff are amazing considering they could have just ported the PS3 version. I haven't really found any issues with it at all! go watch video of NBA Live 14 and then tell me about a broken game... it looks sooooo bad!!

I'm fine with the game, I think it is my favorite PS4 game, the graphics are good, the new games modes and stuff are amazing considering they could have just ported the PS3 version. I haven't really found any issues with it at all! go watch video of NBA Live 14 and then tell me about a broken game... it looks sooooo bad!!
I just watched some of famousmortimer's twitch stream of the Live demo. That was just ugly.

2k14 is pretty much a drm game for next gen which is not a issue for me but what were they thinking having most modes not work if you are not on internet.

I hate that you have to create your player right away, that's a lot of pressure.  Do I want to make me?  Do I want to create some wild fictional person?  Not like they let you change this once you make it. >.<

You haven't noticed the slew of stuff missing from the PS4 version? They stripped down the PS4 version and people aren't happy.

The only problem with this is the way GameStop handles its inventory. This inventory is updated at midnight every night and will only break prison what they had as of the close of business. If they received a shipment that day it will not be updated unless they had some at close of business. Plus, this may show that they have some all day even though they don't actually have any. You can go in and claim that their inventory shows they have some, but they may be holding it for customers that need to return broken units or customers on a waiting list. Some districts are still going through there waiting list with the units that they get so even though it seems like it would be first come first serve, it really isn't.
Actually? That isn't true. I have had things that I KNOW being shipped to them from another store, appear available after the shipment has arrived the same day. Not to mention that at around closer to 5 am EST the tracker was showing a total of 3 available within 100 miles, now it goes onto another page, with some even available at my local gamestop.

I'm considering the warranty on PSN, but Squaretrade has a lot of good reviews. Anyone have one of those 30% codes just in case I go with them? Thanks a lot.

I just watched some of famousmortimer's twitch stream of the Live demo. That was just ugly.
Watch IGN's video review! it looks worst than last gen... I don't know how they will sell any, then again at least three people in the Xbox thread have said they are getting it and think all the publicity is from 2k paying reviewers... :rofl:

I'm considering the warranty on PSN, but Squaretrade has a lot of good reviews. Anyone have one of those 30% codes just in case I go with them? Thanks a lot.
Squaretrade has excellent customer service and is reasonably priced. I have not read Sony's insurance policy but if they offer to cover the product for 2 or 3 years no matter how many repairs for the same price as Squaretrade then they win by default since Squaretrade limits its policy to the value of the product.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about how stripped down 2K14 is.  I only played a few minutes of it on PS3 before trading it just to check it out and this is pretty bad.  How do you take out things like the training mode that taught you how to do all the different moves?  I have zero idea how to freaking play this game and counted on being able to do that again after going through it on PS3.  Would have grabbed FIFA instead if I realized it was going to be like this.

Edit- Found the training camp thing which I guess is still there but took a random accident while trying to do something else!

Not to be a douche here, but you did try the actual power button on the console, right? Because there were reports of people thinking they couldn't power on their console, but they were using the controller to try to turn it on (which wouldn't work the first time). Anyway, you might try that.
Not even going to lie - this was totally me at first. Then I read the instructions. I didn't know about the bricked consoles, though, otherwise I might have panicked a bit. I just automatically assumed I was a moron and was right.

Can anyone share their thoughts on Marvel Legos? Is there any improvements for the PS4 version? Can't really find any reviews based on the next gen version.
So I'm answering this 10 hours later, which is an eternity on the Internet, but hopefully you still see this :)

I just finished the game with a fresh, shiny PS4 plat. No trophy glitches, which is always nice for a new game. The load times are way faster compared to the 360 version, and I'm imagining compared to the other console versions as well. Besides better load times, though, there aren't any other improvements I could see.

It's a Lego game, which I find are pretty mindless but completely enjoyable. As others have said, you pretty much know what you're getting. I did enjoy that I could cheat on half the races old-school GTA style by sticking a bus in the other guy's path at the start. Mwuhaha. And the story stuff was pretty good. Tons of collectibles, almost too many. Deadpool's stuff is great, don't miss it.

I did get random game crashes at times - all while flying with Iron Man. I think I had four crashes in 30 hours. Lego games always seem to have freezing problems though - on the PS4 the game just exits instead of freezing, which is nice, but it sucked when I was milliseconds away from the last checkpoint in the hardest race and the game crashed.

I ordered Lego Marvel as part of my B2G1 at Amazon. It hasn't been in stock and there isn't even a delivery estimate, so I live chatted with an Amazon CS rep, who told me they don't know when they're getting more in, apologized, and offered to substitute any other (non-special edition) PS4 game. So I picked Destiny. I would have picked Infamous but it has "Limited Edition" in the title so it may not have worked.

Anyway, just a heads up if you're in a similar situation. First so you know that Amazon doesn't know when they're getting the game in (even though Best Buy has it in stock online now), and second because you may have the option to sub in a pre-order instead. When you live chat, they should transfer you to the generalist team to resolve this.
I tried this days ago for NBA 2K14 and it was a no go with my friendly Amazon chat rep Akief. I was just hoping to switch to a different launch PS4 game or NBA 2K14 Xbox One. Oh well, game will finally be here tomorrow.

So I'm answering this 10 hours later, which is an eternity on the Internet, but hopefully you still see this :)

I just finished the game with a fresh, shiny PS4 plat. No trophy glitches, which is always nice for a new game. The load times are way faster compared to the 360 version, and I'm imagining compared to the other console versions as well. Besides better load times, though, there aren't any other improvements I could see.

It's a Lego game, which I find are pretty mindless but completely enjoyable. As others have said, you pretty much know what you're getting. I did enjoy that I could cheat on half the races old-school GTA style by sticking a bus in the other guy's path at the start. Mwuhaha. And the story stuff was pretty good. Tons of collectibles, almost too many. Deadpool's stuff is great, don't miss it.

I did get random game crashes at times - all while flying with Iron Man. I think I had four crashes in 30 hours. Lego games always seem to have freezing problems though - on the PS4 the game just exits instead of freezing, which is nice, but it sucked when I was milliseconds away from the last checkpoint in the hardest race and the game crashed.
Is there extra content with Lego Marvel on PS4 over PS3? Not understanding why it would be wise for me to buy it for $50 on PS4 when it will be on sale next week for PS3 for $25. What's the hook?

Is there extra content with Lego Marvel on PS4 over PS3? Not understanding why it would be wise for me to buy it for $50 on PS4 when it will be on sale next week for PS3 for $25. What's the hook?
Nope, no extra content. Just faster load times. I bought it because I had a ton of credit at Best Buy and I wanted something to play on my shiny new PS4 since Pinball Arcade has been delayed until December.

Not my cup of tea, to be honest. I'll play a shooter, but they aren't my favorite. And I've never gotten into racing games.
Dude(tte), you need to give NFS: Rivals a chance. While it isn't my fav, it is a buttload of fun. You might be surprised. :)

OK, I was super irritated that they hadn't changed the career mode of the PS3 version of NBA 2K but I'm much happier that they did more with it on PS4 (even if it's a little silly). Though it's the same deep black guy voice for your player which doesn't really work when he's a giant Conan style ginger.

Dude(tte), you need to give NFS: Rivals a chance. While it isn't my fav, it is a buttload of fun. You might be surprised. :)

What's your PSN thing, need some non-strangers to race with.

OK, I was super irritated that they hadn't changed the career mode of the PS3 version of NBA 2K but I'm much happier that they did more with it on PS4 (even if it's a little silly). Though it's the same deep black guy voice for your player which doesn't really work when he's a giant Conan style ginger.

What's your PSN thing, need some non-strangers to race with.
Dude, that's racist.

Joking. :p

My PSN is familytree and real name is Cobalt Orange. Haven't tried adding a friend yet, so I don't know if you can friend request with real name or not.

Dude, that's racist.

Joking. :p

My PSN is familytree and real name is Cobalt Orange. Haven't tried adding a friend yet, so I don't know if you can friend request with real name or not.
It's true though and while better than last gen all the white guys look really gumpy still. Like my player would not be calling a GM "boy". I do like that you can get drafted by some curve ball team that didn't interview you now. EXCEPT FOR THAT I GOT DRAFTED BY THE FREAKING JAZZ.

Did this thread get moved to Bragging Rights - Canada? That's some good mod work there.
In the graveyard now; I liked it better in Canada though.

Hey guys - add me on PS4, name is in my sig. Need more people who will add me and actually play a game or talk with me instead of just be on my friends list. >_>

haven't played it yet but reminds me so much of burnout paradise except with cops. Looking forward to it. Paradise is my favorite racer of all time.

I guess since this thread is now "dead" I should tell everyone to add me on PSN before people migrate to other threads. I'm samaside same as on here. I've got Ghosts, Killzone, and NFS to play online though I can't play NFS yet because Origin is trying to figure out what's up with my account. Hopefully that'll get resolved soon, though. Add me and you can play online with a girl whose actually a girl! SHOCK.

I guess since this thread is now "dead" I should tell everyone to add me on PSN before people migrate to other threads. I'm samaside same as on here. I've got Ghosts, Killzone, and NFS to play online though I can't play NFS yet because Origin is trying to figure out what's up with my account. Hopefully that'll get resolved soon, though. Add me and you can play online with a girl whose actually a girl! SHOCK.
Here's a hint as to the problem: it's Origin! :whee:

Added you on PSN.

bread's done
Back