PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Still havent bought warranty for my launch ps4. Is it worth it for launch units? My ps3 is still running strong after all these years but it wasnt the launch one. I didnt buy warranty for that. Is it really worth it?

It all depends.  I always buy a warranty on launch units anymore.  The 360 pushed me over the edge.  IMO it's better to have a console warranty for 3 years because most of the actual problems with the systems shake out in the first year or two.  It's too soon to tell if it'll be "worth it" from a product perspective.  But I also buy First Party warranties because I'm inherently skeptical about side warranty groups.

OK, OT and gonna troll for a second but poster child for Xbox fans? :lol:

5583243-large.jpg

This guy in the UK paid £450 for what he's holding up.  The ebay description did not mislead, but the dude dismissed it anyway since it was listed under videogames.  He was also a father at age 15; you just can't make this shit up. :dunce:

Still havent bought warranty for my launch ps4. Is it worth it for launch units? My ps3 is still running strong after all these years but it wasnt the launch one. I didnt buy warranty for that. Is it really worth it?
SquareTrade offers very affordable warranties. I would recommend it. My Launch PS3 died after 18 months. My super Slim died in October and with my SquareTrade Warranty I got a $279.99 gift card for Amazon. Waiting for them to stock more PS4's right now so I can upgrade.

SquareTrade will either fix your item or send you a check or amazon gift card if something is wrong. $79.99 for a 3 year warranty that covers drops and spills. If you like them on Facebook they often put out codes for big discounts. Cyber Monday they had coupons for 45% off a warranty.

Good Luck!

This guy in the UK paid £450 for what he's holding up. The ebay description did not mislead, but the dude dismissed it anyway since it was listed under videogames. He was also a father at age 15; you just can't make this shit up. :dunce:
Link to original auction? If its listed under wrong category, I would say he has a case. If it was listed under Photographs or something like that, then that's a different story =]

Link to original auction? If its listed under wrong category, I would say he has a case. If it was listed under Photographs or something like that, then that's a different story =]
Like the article says, it was listed under consoles, Ebay has already said they would refund, it was just funny that someone bought it...

Like the article says, it was listed under consoles, Ebay has already said they would refund, it was just funny that someone bought it...
Funny or not, people are assholes.

They do it because someone is bound to eff up and buy something that is not what they thought. It's the lowest form of douchebaggery out there.

It was under the wrong category for the actual item, but it was listed as a photo. I think he should have to eat it as a life lesson personally. Don't be stupid next time and question the seller what "photo" means. A fool and their money. . .

Funny or not, people are assholes.

They do it because someone is bound to eff up and buy something that is not what they thought. It's the lowest form of douchebaggery out there.
It is douchey I agree but not completely dishonest either. The seller described it as a photo in his listing anyway. If he was a pro at this, he would have used another category so he was still honest in his somewhat dishonest intentions. With the way searches under eBay work, I'm pretty sure the buyer would have come across the Xbox One listing anyway had he used photos as his category. The buyer apparently is lacking a lot of fundamentals yet he's already raising a 4 year old .... pretty sad.

I went into GS yesterday and an employee was telling me how a seller on craigslist came in and asked to use one of their power outlets to show his buyer that his PS4 was working. Needless to say, she denied him and told him to leave. The audacity of some people lol.

It is douchey I agree but not completely dishonest either. The seller described it as a photo in his listing anyway. If he was a pro at this, he would have used another category so he was still honest in his somewhat dishonest intentions. With the way searches under eBay work, I'm pretty sure the buyer would have come across the Xbox One listing anyway had he used photos as his category. The buyer apparently is lacking a lot of fundamentals yet he's already raising a 4 year old .... pretty sad.

I went into GS yesterday and an employee was telling me how a seller on craigslist came in and asked to use one of their power outlets to show his buyer that his PS4 was working. Needless to say, she denied him and told him to leave. The audacity of some people lol.
When you post an auction for a picture of an item, with a price tag that is similar to the actual product, you are intentionally being dishonest with the hopes that someone like this guy will come along and jump at it.

I saw a similar auction for a picture sitting at $499.99 with minutes left and wondered why it was still there when others were going for hundreds more. And then it hit me.

But if I was really interested in the product, and had to have it, I might have jumped at it too. The thing with eBay is it is very easy to forget to read the details

Is it a good life lesson for this guy? Absolutely. Should he lose $750 equivalent in GBP currency for the mistake? Absolutely not.

I went to Gamestop and they had over 10 in stock. You may want to look, if you are in need. I'm sure because of the snowmageddon here nobody knew they were there yet.

I got mine last week from a guy on CRAIGSLIST.  It Came with 2 games (AC4:BF and NFS: Rivals)  I paid $350 cash.  Met hit a a local McDonald.   I returned  NSF since it wasn't open and got KILLZONE and  NBA 2k14 

Wait?........these are hard to find still? My local Target, Walmart, and even Kmart have some everytime I walk in. Honestly its been that way since 3 weeks after launch. Of course at Xmas time theyd get like 2 or 3 and sell out but I see at least 6 PS4s and Xbox Ones sitting there.

Wait?........these are hard to find still? My local Target, Walmart, and even Kmart have some everytime I walk in. Honestly its been that way since 3 weeks after launch. Of course at Xmas time theyd get like 2 or 3 and sell out but I see at least 6 PS4s and Xbox Ones sitting there.
Yes, its still hard to find.

Local target got some ps4s in. Got to see them put in the glass case. Employee said they have getting stock the last couple of days but each tine they put them in the floor people buy it immediately.

Took a picture, then before i left someone was already asking for one. Haha

I can't say I've ever seen a PS4 in the wild but I don't actively go looking for them.  X1 I see constantly though.  Best Buy, Target, GS; they always have them in stock.

last friday was the first time i saw a PS4 out in the wild, at a crummy kmart no less. they had two and I was really tempted to buy one even though i have other shit i should use my money on. then i realized something - i would buy one and not use it because there isnt a single game for it i want to play right now. impulse buy avoided!

fyi, they were both gone by the begining of this week.

last friday was the first time i saw a PS4 out in the wild, at a crummy kmart no less. they had two and I was really tempted to buy one even though i have other shit i should use my money on. then i realized something - i would buy one and not use it because there isnt a single game for it i want to play right now. impulse buy avoided!

fyi, they were both gone by the begining of this week.
That's why I sold mine. Until Japan gets games out, I have no need for it. Of the four games on PS3 that I'd play, three's on PC (AC4, Lego MSH, FIFA14), and the other one got bad reviews (Knack).

The Order and Natural Doctrine though... I'll probably be tempted by then.

Wow you should let everyone know where you are.... they are super rare in most cities and when stores get them they sell out within hours.

My local Gamestops and Targets got a restock of PS4's for their entire districts and every one of them sold out through the weekend.  I've been told they expect more to be coming in during this week so although the drought is starting to wane, the demand is clearly outstripping the supply.  Every unit that is sold in to retailers is being sold through.  Last week every single Gamestop around me had PS4's in, and as of last night not a single store was showing up in stock within 100 miles of my zipcode.  It's pretty impressive that we're 2 months out and Sony still can't sufficiently stock the retailer's shelves.

I've yet to see a PS4 at retail. I have seen 14 xboxones at different locations (none of the black box). It seems like PS4s are still hard to find.

I saw 5 PS4s at the local Target.  I've actually seen some there every time I went by for the past two weeks.  Also saw a few at Best Buy. 

I'm also holding out until there are more titles.  Also holding out until I get through some of the waiting list on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you should let everyone know where you are.... they are super rare in most cities and when stores get them they sell out within hours.
Judging by where he lives it's probably the Target off HWY 111 in Alton, IL. I guess living out in the middle of nowhere and having a population of 27k might be the cause of having some in stock.

Personally, I've never seen a PS4 in the wild other than Black Friday at Gamestop, I've ran into Xbones more than I can count.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by where he lives it's probably the Target off HWY 111 in Alton, IL. I guess living out in the middle of nowhere and having a population of 27k might be the cause of having some in stock.

Personally, I've never seen a PS4 in the wild other than Black Friday at Gamestop, I've ran into Xbones more than I can count.
LOL what fuckin creeper!

GUYS Newer PS4s doesn't come with the 30 Days Trials of PS+. I know cuz I bought mine yesterday. It did come with the $10 for PSN and the Music Unlimited Trial but not with the PS+ Trial. 

Went to Best Buy and two Targets today. No Ps4's in the Best Buy or first Target. Second Target had 4 in stock though. They are only about 5 miles apart too. This is in RI.

Haven't had a shortage of XB1 in a while, but I'm seeing PS4's now in more quantities.  3 in Target, 2 in Walmart (and I'd never previously SEEN one at Wally.. they've always been in the back)

bread's done
Back