PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Getting into FF14ARR and thinking oh well that will be a good use of the PS4 if nothing else, except that it's listed at $60 so far which is just silly to charge $20 more than the PS3 version and twice as much as the PC version just because it's PS4. Hopefully that changes.

Oh no, now you're going to attract slidecage into here. He just sits there searching the forums for "foodstamps".

So which is it? Does this UPS person even exist?
Whenever I think UPS I always think of a delivery guy for some reason even tho my specific delivery person is a girl..at least I hope so.

Maybe he has the same UPS delivery person that we do. I'm pretty sure she's a woman, but I swore at first that it was a guy.  Took me off guard.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about video game system launches.  There's something intoxicating about having the latest setup, even with just one game to play, that gets me all giddy.  Gaming is my main hobby and I basically have no other vices, so I rationalize away the expenditure. It only comes once every 7 or 8 years now, anyway!

Case in point: Tonight I went to GameStop and dropped a $100 on an Xbox One preorder.  I swore to myself that I was not going to do this. But now here I am getting both consoles.  I guess the fact that I got paid extra for a side project today helped make my mind up.  (And if nothing else, I have a couple more months to decide, and I know that I'm guaranteed to have the ability to get both consoles on launch day if I choose.)

Next week I'm going into GameStop with a Playcation coupon and an absolute crap-ton of stuff, so that'll lighten the load significantly.

Maybe he has the same UPS delivery person that we do. I'm pretty sure she's a woman, but I swore at first that it was a guy. Took me off guard.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about video game system launches. There's something intoxicating about having the latest setup, even with just one game to play, that gets me all giddy. Gaming is my main hobby and I basically have no other vices, so I rationalize away the expenditure. It only comes once every 7 or 8 years now, anyway!

Case in point: Tonight I went to GameStop and dropped a $100 on an Xbox One preorder. I swore to myself that I was not going to do this. But now here I am getting both consoles. I guess the fact that I got paid extra for a side project today helped make my mind up. (And if nothing else, I have a couple more months to decide, and I know that I'm guaranteed to have the ability to get both consoles on launch day if I choose.)

Next week I'm going into GameStop with a Playcation coupon and an absolute crap-ton of stuff, so that'll lighten the load significantly.
Im the same way, these console launches get me so giddy. I bought the Wii and Wii U on day one. I had extra money from my sunday time and I just went ahead and preordered a PS4 online with Bestbuy with in store pickup.

The next consoles wont be coming prolly until the year 2019 or 2020 so getting em day one is such a rare occurrence. I will never forget that feeling of walking out of bestbuy into the mall with my Wii on day one. It felt like I was in heaven, such a crazy feeling. The Wii U didnt give me that same excitement but I guess ill see just how excited I get for the PS4. Right now my excitement is rather moderate but im sure by launch day I will be very excited.

Im the same way, these console launches get me so giddy. I bought the Wii and Wii U on day one. I had extra money from my sunday time and I just went ahead and preordered a PS4 online with Bestbuy with in store pickup.

The next consoles wont be coming prolly until the year 2019 or 2020 so getting em day one is such a rare occurrence. I will never forget that feeling of walking out of bestbuy into the mall with my Wii on day one. It felt like I was in heaven, such a crazy feeling. The Wii U didnt give me that same excitement but I guess ill see just how excited I get for the PS4. Right now my excitement is rather moderate but im sure by launch day I will be very excited.
I'm trying as hard as I can not to be excited just because we have 2 months and some days to go but its hard not to, I can't wait to open the boxes and see the shiny new hardware.

I've never purchased a console day one so this will be my first.  I preordered my PS4 a couple months ago at Best Buy and I'm anticipating a midnight opening.  What are the chances there will be Xbox One's available for those who didn't preorder?  I want both consoles and my first choice was the PS4 obviously but I'd like to get a Xbox One at launch too but I'm hoping I can just go stand in line and hope they have enough for those who didn't preorder.

I think when they were doing preorders for the PS3, you pretty much had to stand in line before the store opened to preorder one at Gamestop, and they ran out of preorders within 1 hour. Well, in my area anyways. For the Wii, I waited in the morning at 6AM for Target to open on launch day. For the Wii U, I had to search for a while to find a place that still did preorders for the Wii U Deluxe because most places ran out of them. 

I also preordered both the PS4 and the Xbox One. The PS4 is completely paid off, and the Xbox One is 1/2 paid off. I traded in my Wii U and an extra PS3 that I had. I also finally started playing the games I had in my backlog which I traded in as soon as I beat them or got bored of them. I get a decent pay check in November. So that will help me pay off the Xbox and games and accessories that I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my first launch day console that I've ever purchased. I'm pretty excited as well even though none of my friends are making the switch yet. My girlfriend has already laid claim to my ps3,so I lose that the same day.

I wonder how loud this thing will be.

If your PS4 is getting shipped by UPS, just use UPS My Choice to have it rerouted if needed. I've been working evening/nights lately and my UPS guy comes late in the day, so I just have them hold my packages at the UPS facility. I can get them at 9:30 in the morning instead of missing the delivery. Definitely the fastest way to get your PS4 if it's shipped. You can also pay $5, and they'll change the delivery to where ever you need it like a UPS store, work, etc.

Walmart still taking pre orders...was close to putting money on one today but just gonna keep my Amazon BF4 launch bundle, still no tax where I am... just gonna have to play the waiting game all day on launch I suppose with UPS :( lol.
Oklahoma? lol

Luckily, my UPS guy shows up between 10am and 1pm generally. I've had a few Friday deliveries be held over until Monday though, like a PS Vita I ordered from Amazon.... so I'm hoping this doesn't happen again. :(

Still on the fence for a XBONE. I'll probably hold of for some sort of gc or game bundle. Wife, 3 kids, and swing shift consume a bit of time. Probably should wait. Lol. Def getting the PS4 on launch day. When trade values were up I got almost $200 for some random cables, controllers, accessories, and a few games at gamestop with the 50% q. The only system I got at launch was the Wii U. Every other console had been a gift. I'm the type of guy that NEEDS the latest tech..my wife on the other hand would prefer I wait for either console to get cheaper. She says student loans and bills come first...Psh. :)

Oklahoma? lol

Luckily, my UPS guy shows up between 10am and 1pm generally. I've had a few Friday deliveries be held over until Monday though, like a PS Vita I ordered from Amazon.... so I'm hoping this doesn't happen again. :(
Oklahomian here. I love the fact Amazon doesn't charge tax for my state. :)

Still pre-ordered through Gamestop the day after E3 cause I had credit but still everything else Amazon.

Oklahomian here. I love the fact Amazon doesn't charge tax for my state. :)

Still pre-ordered through Gamestop the day after E3 cause I had credit but still everything else Amazon.
Ditto! I splurged on Prime because of it.

You could have used your GS credit on Amazon gift cards and get that PS4 tax free. ;)

joeyshadows, on 31 Aug 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:I know this is the console pre-order thread, but what games are you guys getting? I can't decide on any launch day titles except for watch dogs.
Probably Driveclub(depends on how much is given through psn) or Knack. Other than that, AC 4, and BF 4.

I'm picking up the Knack and Killzone in my Amazon order, and afterward I'll grab COD:Ghosts or Watch Dogs depending on reviews.

I'm sure Watch Dogs will be great, but I'm not much of a stealth guy, so I'd like to see how much of the game is following people around without being seen, AC style.

I'm going with the Battlefield 4 bundle, mostly because it's a game I *know* I'll enjoy. Watch Dogs is on my radar, but I couldn't pass up the BF4 + PS Plus for 1 year bundle. Really can't wait for Tom Clancy's The Division. Hopefully it comes out sooner than the announced time frame, but I may just get that on PC instead.

Im getting killzone and watch dogs unless the pc version of watch dogs is better

I'm probably just going t get my PS4 DS4 bundle and sit on t until something releases that I want to play.

Certain states get tax free through gamestop credit. Like NY, saved $50 on my xbone.
How do certain states get tax free using credits? Is it illegal to charge taxes for items bought using any sort of store credit or store gift cards?

How do certain states get tax free using credits? Is it illegal to charge taxes for items bought using any sort of store credit or store gift cards?
It depends on your state's laws in regards to vehicle purchases/trade ins. If your state does not tax you on the purchase amount of a vehicle that was paid for using a trade in (for example, you trade in your car for 5,000, and buy a truck for 15,000, and only pay taxes on the 10,000 difference) then gamestop will not charge you tax on your purchases made with trade in credit.

It depends on your state's laws in regards to vehicle purchases/trade ins. If your state does not tax you on the purchase amount of a vehicle that was paid for using a trade in (for example, you trade in your car for 5,000, and buy a truck for 15,000, and only pay taxes on the 10,000 difference) then gamestop will not charge you tax on your purchases made with trade in credit.
Ah, thanks! That's a huge savings for those with GS credit. I'm jealous.

Haven't been following this thread so what is the current status of PS4 preorders? I know GameStop no longer offers them but is their another retailer that does?

Haven't been following this thread so what is the current status of PS4 preorders? I know GameStop no longer offers them but is their another retailer that does?
pretty much eveyone is out of release date systems

Flipped my credit to Best Buy since they seem to get the consoles more easily than Gamestop. I'm curious to know if anyone wants to trade Best Buy credit for Amazon though LOL. Amazon is no tax here in RI.

Flipped my credit to Best Buy since they seem to get the consoles more easily than Gamestop. I'm curious to know if anyone wants to trade Best Buy credit for Amazon though LOL. Amazon is no tax here in RI.
. Go use your best buy credit to buy kindle gift cards.

bestbuy rewards is tax free in ohio. I'm sure it's the same way with gamestop. I guess it's treated as a "coupon" and you wouldn't charge tax on the coupon amount would you?

If anyone pre ordered the xb1 and would rather get a ps4 launch bundle I'll gladly pay the difference, I have the watch dogs bundle but missed out on a xb1 and would rather have one first instead of ps4. PM if so

Anyone know if the pack-in HDMI cable is a 4K HDMI cable? If not, I wanna pick one up at Big Lots since they have 4K HDMI cables for sale.

Anyone know if the pack-in HDMI cable is a 4K HDMI cable? If not, I wanna pick one up at Big Lots since they have 4K HDMI cables for sale.

No such thing. HDMI 2.0 just announced, which just supports 4K @ 60fps. That's all folks

I doubt it because while the system might support it for video playback it's not supported for games.

No such thing. HDMI 2.0 just announced, which just supports 4K @ 60fps. That's all folks
HDMI 1.4 added 4K support.

Major Nelson said the Xbox One HDMI cable was "4K rated" during the unboxing video, so I would assume the same is probably true for the PS4. As in, they are both probably HDMI 1.4, which supports 4K video.

What's the story on how the Target preorder cards work, in terms of how they identify the cards?

I was under the impression that there was a limited number of UNIQUELY coded cards per store.

BUT I bought two cards from the same store. Both cards have the same UPC code that the clerk scans to ring up the sale. The cards also have the same Scannable barcode and printed number for the part that the clerk is supposed to scan when I pick up the system on launch day. Each card has the store address.

Questions:

1) How do they know how many systems to set aside, and how to identify me when I come in to pick up?
2) I bought two to sell one to a friend. If the friend backs out, will I be able to return the system and keep the $25 reservation fee? Or, does it ring up like a typical Target gift card deal where the sale would be $425 for the PS4 and a giftcard, and then they credit the transaction for the $25 card. I that case, I might lose the $25 if returning the system.
3) as someone e,se a,ready pointed out, what's to keep someone from hiding the cards or stealing them with the hopes of purchasing them later?

Don't you need a 4k TV ? How much do those cost?
I believe Amazon's selling that Seiki branded one for around $600-700. Others are starting to drop to around $1200-1500. Still way too early to buy unless you have more money than sense.

What's the story on how the Target preorder cards work, in terms of how they identify the cards?

I was under the impression that there was a limited number of UNIQUELY coded cards per store.

BUT I bought two cards from the same store. Both cards have the same UPC code that the clerk scans to ring up the sale. The cards also have the same Scannable barcode and printed number for the part that the clerk is supposed to scan when I pick up the system on launch day. Each card has the store address.

Questions:

1) How do they know how many systems to set aside, and how to identify me when I come in to pick up?
2) I bought two to sell one to a friend. If the friend backs out, will I be able to return the system and keep the $25 reservation fee? Or, does it ring up like a typical Target gift card deal where the sale would be $425 for the PS4 and a giftcard, and then they credit the transaction for the $25 card. I that case, I might lose the $25 if returning the system.
3) as someone e,se a,ready pointed out, what's to keep someone from hiding the cards or stealing them with the hopes of purchasing them later?
Don't you have to have your receipt and the card? I thought it was the combo that tied it together but I didn't pre-order there so that's just what I remember reading.

1) However many card s they get in is how many they're supposed to be getting at launch from what I've seen.

2) It's $400 for the system then they give you a $25 gift card for the reserve card.
3) Nothing probably.

That Seiki is balls.

Wait till next year for a 4k.
Hence why it's way too early to buy in when it's overpriced and there's nothing that justifies. By the time there's 4K content readily available the prices and quality will be significantly better across the board.

Hence why it's way too early to buy in when it's overpriced and there's nothing that justifies. By the time there's 4K content readily available the prices and quality will be significantly better across the board.
I know that lol. I was just commenting because I saw that name.

I'm sure only professionals will need a 4k.

bread's done
Back