PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

They could, but it would make no sense to.

Also, its the last day of the month.

And yeah, its after black friday. The will release it before then since people will spend money on black friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to think it will be out in November. Considering the XB1 will be out in November and they'd probably want to get it out before Christmas. Although I am thinking that supply and demand is going to be a real issue.

Sony has been given a large allotment to most retails. There will be very high demand, but the supply should be pretty decent.

Still though, it will be before Thanksgiving,

I just got an email from Best Buy, they pushed my PS4 pre-order up to 11/30/13 now, was originally 12/31/13.

CkxOlIB.png

I like to think it will be out in November. Considering the XB1 will be out in November and they'd probably want to get it out before Christmas. Although I am thinking that supply and demand is going to be a real issue.
I agree, but I think that's mostly if you dont pre-order. I think a lot of people (like myself) pre-ordered at multiple places to cover any retailer screw-ups. I know the minute I get a tracking number from Amazon, Best Buy is going to have an extra unit on hand for someone on their wait list.

Not surprised with Best Buy moving it up, both consoles will be out before December 31st, so it makes sense to have a more realistic place holder.

I just went to one of the Gamestop's in the city who normally have midnight releases. I put down $200 dollars and had a discussion with the worker. (He was very professional and knowledgable about the upcoming next gen consoles.)

I asked if I was a number or placed into any sort of rank in terms of when I come and pick up the PS4. He simply stated that "You are within the allocation and will most likely be one of the first people to recieve a PS4." Does anyone work for Gamestop and are willing to share how much of allocations each store has on standard right now? I just want to make sure I can get the console on launch.

Its a place holder. They wouldnt release a console on Saturday.
lololwat? Every Playstation console has been released on a Saturday. Please, offer us more of your expertise.
I want to say the PS3 was on a friday, its been a few years but I seem to remember it being on a friday. It looks like the PS2 was on a Thursday, and PS1 does appear to have been released on a Saturday but that was a long time ago. I referenced North American release dates.

I just want to make sure I can get the console on launch.
You and everyone else that preorders.

You may be put on a list of early adopters and will have first crack at getting the console -- but if you're worried about missing out, I would be there early just to make sure you get the console you preordered. We all read about the Wii U debacle in some areas, with certain stores not allocating enough to preorders, or outright selling them to walk-in customers at will.

Preordered at Target.com w/ redcard(5%)and Team Member discount (10%) = $363.36 total. :bouncy:
Do you or anyone else know how good Target.com is with pre-ordering consoles? When do they charge, do they ship release day, or have there been any issues in past with Wii U, 360, PS3, etc..?

PS4 is really tempting even though I have no idea what the launch lineup will be. Might just wait on it but would at least like to have a pre-order I could easily cancel just in case.
I had a Wii U pre-ordered from them, they shipped it like a day or two before release, got it after release day.
They charge when they ship.

I'd prefer to get the Pre-Order card from in-store. They basically hold it for you.

I just went to one of the Gamestop's in the city who normally have midnight releases. I put down $200 dollars and had a discussion with the worker. (He was very professional and knowledgable about the upcoming next gen consoles.)

I asked if I was a number or placed into any sort of rank in terms of when I come and pick up the PS4. He simply stated that "You are within the allocation and will most likely be one of the first people to recieve a PS4." Does anyone work for Gamestop and are willing to share how much of allocations each store has on standard right now? I just want to make sure I can get the console on launch.

I'd like to know this too if there's any GS employees around. Also, what # of preorder were you if you know.

This morning I got an email from Amazon confirming that I'm getting a launch edition PS4, but when I check the order in my account it lists the standard edition. Anyone else in the same boat?
Mine just says Playstation 4. I also got the email and preordered maybe a few minutes after it went live.
Same here. Not sure what time preorders went live, but I preordered late the night of the conference (probably 1-2am EST.

You may be put on a list of early adopters and will have first crack at getting the console -- but if you're worried about missing out, I would be there early just to make sure you get the console you preordered. We all read about the Wii U debacle in some areas, with certain stores not allocating enough to preorders, or outright selling them to walk-in customers at will.
I think I should wait around 7-8pm then on the release day. :/
I will probably just play Pokemon X and wait out the line on a lawn chair. xD

I'd like to know this too if there's any GS employees around. Also, what # of preorder were you if you know.
He wouldn't say, I kept pushing and asking about it. The best answer I got was that he was not allowed to share that information, but I am within that allocation and that if they develop plans for a Midnight release I should simply come early. I don't think the lines are numbered at all, it's probably a first come first go basis.

So this is the first time I'm considering pre-ordering and one thing I don't know is how gamestop handles pre-orders, is it guaranteed or will they sell out if demand is too high and give you a voucher?

Preordered at Target.com w/ redcard(5%)and Team Member discount (10%) = $363.36 total. :bouncy:
Do you or anyone else know how good Target.com is with pre-ordering consoles? When do they charge, do they ship release day, or have there been any issues in past with Wii U, 360, PS3, etc..?

PS4 is really tempting even though I have no idea what the launch lineup will be. Might just wait on it but would at least like to have a pre-order I could easily cancel just in case.
I had a Wii U pre-ordered from them, they shipped it like a day or two before release, got it after release day.

I'd prefer to get the Pre-Order card from in-store. They basically hold it for you.
Nice. I'm sure release day would be nice but just knowing I would have it pre-ordered would be better than braving the stores to get it.

One last thing: was going to pre-order and noticed you have 30 minutes to cancel an order before it starts the shipping stage. Do you know if this is true for pre-orders too? Otherwise I might just stick with my Amazon pre-order that I know I could cancel at any time.

ATTENTION ANYONE ORDERING FROM BEST BUY!!!

-Just a heads up to those pre-ordering from Best Buy who are not expecting to be charged for their PS4 until it ships - I just got off the phone with Best Buy customer service, and I found out something pretty interesting.  Best Buy claims on their website that you will not be charged for the item until it is shipped (like Amazon), but that they will do a pre-authorization to make sure that the $ is there.  If you don't have the $ in your account or on your credit card at the moment you place your order, the order will not go through.  Okay - so this much we know already.  I used my debit card to pre-order, and today on my Wells Fargo checking account there is a "pending" charge for $431.00 (or right around there).  I expected this, and Best Buy explained to me that this will disappear within three to five days.

What Best Buy WON'T tell you online is that your card will CONTINUALLY be pre-authorized for that same amount every 6 to eight business days until the item is shipped.  This is no joke.  I just confirmed it with a high level Best Buy customer support member.  Essentially, every 6 to eight days they will hit your credit card with a $431.00 charge that will pend for 3 to five days EVERY single time.  Essentially then, you really DO need to have the money in your account or on your credit card continually until the item ships.

If you are using a credit card that will definitely always have the amount available, or if you don't care that your debit card will pretty much constantly have a pending charge on it, then by all means go with Best Buy.  I thought this might be an important issue for people using their debit card or a credit card that will not constantly have the available money available until perhaps right before the item is released.  They make NO mention of this on their website.

Now if only tomorrow was today.  I heard there was a pretty good game coming out...

***Ok - so after HydroX brought it to my attention, they DO make note of it in their forum concerning next gen pre-sales, but it's buried deep at message #18.  Not exactly where most people are looking for the answer.  Thanks HydroX!

-Just a heads up to those pre-ordering from Best Buy who are not expecting to be charged for their PS4 until it ships - I just got off the phone with Best Buy customer service, and I found out something pretty interesting. Best Buy claims on their website that you will not be charged for the item until it is shipped (like Amazon), but that they will do a pre-authorization to make sure that the $ is there. If you don't have the $ in your account or on your credit card at the moment you place your order, the order will not go through. Okay - so this much we know already. I used my debit card to pre-order, and today on my Wells Fargo checking account there is a "pending" charge for $431.00 (or right around there). I expected this, and Best Buy explained to me that this will disappear within three to five days.

What Best Buy WON'T tell you online is that your card will CONTINUALLY be pre-authorized for that same amount every 6 to eight business days until the item is shipped. This is no joke. I just confirmed it with a high level Best Buy customer support member. Essentially, every 6 to eight days they will hit your credit card with a $431.00 charge that will pend for 3 to five days EVERY single time. Essentially then, you really DO need to have the money in your account or on your credit card continually until the item ships.

If you are using a credit card that will definitely always have the amount available, or if you don't care that your debit card will pretty much constantly have a pending charge on it, then by all means go with Best Buy. I thought this might be an important issue for people using their debit card or a credit card that will not constantly have the available money available until perhaps right before the item is released. They make NO mention of this on their website.

Now if only tomorrow was today. I heard there was a pretty good game coming out...
They mention this on the Best Buy forum concerning the next gen console preorders, but yeah, it's not like everyone goes there looking for the information.

Thanks for sharing. This is how it worked for the Wii U and any other release in recent memory (LE 3DS XL, etc)

So this is the first time I'm considering pre-ordering and one thing I don't know is how gamestop handles pre-orders, is it guaranteed or will they sell out if demand is too high and give you a voucher?
If they sell out, they will keep you on a waiting list until they recieved more shipments then call you stating that your pre-order is in.

I've been checking online and it seems that the PS4 has 3 times the amount of allocations then the Xbox One. (The number being between 20-30 consoles per store is the average)
The employee told me I was within that allocation, and Gamestop will tell us if they get more consoles more towards release, but people who pre-order now are most likely garenteed a system if you ask if your within their allocation.

I think I should wait around 7-8pm then on the release day. :/
I will probably just play Pokemon X and wait out the line on a lawn chair. xD

He wouldn't say, I kept pushing and asking about it. The best answer I got was that he was not allowed to share that information, but I am within that allocation and that if they develop plans for a Midnight release I should simply come early. I don't think the lines are numbered at all, it's probably a first come first go basis.
I had the opposite expierence. The gamestop employee I preordered it from had a piece of paper just laying there and it had numbers on it and he put a X over the number when someone preordered one. He even put it right up to my face to show me and told me how they're only going to have a limited amount and said to increase my chances of getting one at launch that I should reserve a game. I don't know exactly how that increases my chances but I reserved one anyways. I was somewhere in the 30's and I live in a pretty small town.

do you guys believe on that release date of 11/30? it is weird that will be after black friday. Usually they release before black friday right?

I had the opposite expierence. The gamestop employee I preordered it from had a piece of paper just laying there and it had numbers on it and he put a X over the number when someone preordered one. He even put it right up to my face to show me and told me how they're only going to have a limited amount and said to increase my chances of getting one at launch that I should reserve a game. I don't know exactly how that increases my chances but I reserved one anyways. I was somewhere in the 30's and I live in a pretty small town.
Actually now that I think of it, there was a sheet and I do believed he marked a number with a 4 (I'm guessing 14)
But my question now is what number was I?

But from what I read on the web, Gamestop stores stop taking pre-orders once they are passed their limit. So everyone who pre-orders and are in the allocation are almost garenteed a PS4. So as long as your in their allocation you should be fine. :3

Actually now that I think of it, there was a sheet and I do believed he marked a number with a 4 (I'm guessing 14)
But my question now is what number was I?

But from what I read on the web, Gamestop stores stop taking pre-orders once they are passed their limit. So everyone who pre-orders and are in the allocation are almost garenteed a PS4. So as long as your in your allocation you should be fine. :3
I work at GS, and yes we do have a special sheet with numbers on it and put an X over each one. But no, we arent supposed to share how many we have, nor what number on the list you are or how many are remaining. And reserving a game has *NOTHING* to do with it, so yeah dont worry about pre-ordering a game. If we took your $100, you're getting one.

-Just a heads up to those pre-ordering from Best Buy who are not expecting to be charged for their PS4 until it ships - I just got off the phone with Best Buy customer service, and I found out something pretty interesting. Best Buy claims on their website that you will not be charged for the item until it is shipped (like Amazon), but that they will do a pre-authorization to make sure that the $ is there. If you don't have the $ in your account or on your credit card at the moment you place your order, the order will not go through. Okay - so this much we know already. I used my debit card to pre-order, and today on my Wells Fargo checking account there is a "pending" charge for $431.00 (or right around there). I expected this, and Best Buy explained to me that this will disappear within three to five days.

What Best Buy WON'T tell you online is that your card will CONTINUALLY be pre-authorized for that same amount every 6 to eight business days until the item is shipped. This is no joke. I just confirmed it with a high level Best Buy customer support member. Essentially, every 6 to eight days they will hit your credit card with a $431.00 charge that will pend for 3 to five days EVERY single time. Essentially then, you really DO need to have the money in your account or on your credit card continually until the item ships.

If you are using a credit card that will definitely always have the amount available, or if you don't care that your debit card will pretty much constantly have a pending charge on it, then by all means go with Best Buy. I thought this might be an important issue for people using their debit card or a credit card that will not constantly have the available money available until perhaps right before the item is released. They make NO mention of this on their website.

Now if only tomorrow was today. I heard there was a pretty good game coming out...

***Ok - so after HydroX brought it to my attention, they DO make note of it in their forum concerning next gen pre-sales, but it's buried deep at message #18. Not exactly where most people are looking for the answer. Thanks HydroX!
Yep, I actually came upon this info this morning so I made sure to preorder instore instead. Put down $25 down and fuggedaboutit.

Ill be happy to answer any other GS related questions you guys have... as long as it isnt "how many preorders of each we are taking" haha.

Nice. I'm sure release day would be nice but just knowing I would have it pre-ordered would be better than braving the stores to get it.

One last thing: was going to pre-order and noticed you have 30 minutes to cancel an order before it starts the shipping stage. Do you know if this is true for pre-orders too? Otherwise I might just stick with my Amazon pre-order that I know I could cancel at any time.
I don't recall but there's no way they couldn't let you cancel a pre-order. It wouldn't go into a shipping stage any time soon.

According to Wikipedia (grain of salt?), the original PlayStation launched on September 9, 1995 (Saturday); PS2 launched on October 26, 2000 (Thursday); and PS3 on November 17, 2006 (Friday). I'd bet the November 30 date is just a placeholder like December 31 though. Seems like their way of saying it's launching in November, but the day itself is still unknown, which is why they picked the last day of the month. Idk.

This morning I got an email from Amazon confirming that I'm getting a launch edition PS4, but when I check the order in my account it lists the standard edition. Anyone else in the same boat?
Mine just says Playstation 4. I also got the email and preordered maybe a few minutes after it went live.
Same here. Not sure what time preorders went live, but I preordered late the night of the conference (probably 1-2am EST.
The launch and standard editions are the same contents wise with the PS4. The launch edition just guarantees you will get it on release day or a day or so after it. Amazon is currently sold out of the launch edition, which was their physical stock that will be on hand come release of the PS4. The standard edition is not guaranteed and will ship when available. To check what edition you secured, go to the PS4 listing on Amazon, and click the standard or launch edition box, when a little note shows up on the top of the screen showing your purchase date, that's the edition you preorderd.

If they sell out, they will keep you on a waiting list until they recieved more shipments then call you stating that your pre-order is in.

I've been checking online and it seems that the PS4 has 3 times the amount of allocations then the Xbox One. (The number being between 20-30 consoles per store is the average)
The employee told me I was within that allocation, and Gamestop will tell us if they get more consoles more towards release, but people who pre-order now are most likely garenteed a system if you ask if your within their allocation.
Thanks.

***Ok - so after HydroX brought it to my attention, they DO make note of it in their forum concerning next gen pre-sales, but it's buried deep at message #18. Not exactly where most people are looking for the answer. Thanks HydroX!
This is pretty much standard practice for bestbuy.com pre-orders. They'll ping your account every day or every other day till they ship it. It reeks havoc on those that don't know so keep that amount constantly in you account if you want to keep the pre-order alive. I've dealt with this with game pre-orders in the past and its a pain in the ass.

Pertaining to the Best Buy Preorder charging your card every X amount of days information, as of yesterday it was Message #2 in the forum, responding to someone who asked about how preordering worked. It may have gotten buried by the mass of idiots that post there asking the same question over and over. lol

I don't post on here often, but I was just looking through the game pre-orders listed on Amazon for PS4 games and Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts are both listed to launch side by side with the other systems. Just thought I'd throw this out there. Not sure if it's been said, but it makes me wonder.  :whistle2:

Or do you think those are just placeholder dates as well?

Just posted in response to how / when you can pick up your preorder at Best Buy.

by
3786448876_757fb40818_o.png
Matt-BBY
moderator.gif
6-13-2013 3:56pm CT

Options

Hello everyone,

It looks like a pretty common question in the last couple of posts is about when you'll be able to pick up your pre-ordered Playstation 4. It is certainly our goal to fulfill as many pre-orders as possible on launch day, but I am not able to guarantee that this will be able to happen for all customers who pre-order this console. There are a lot of factors that come into play with this, and we have a lot of time between now and when the system is actually released. As we get closer to launch, we should be able to provide you with some additional details regarding this process.

The same goes for any potential midnight releases. I don't have any details regarding that possibility at this time, but we will certainly do what we can to keep everyone informed as new information become available.

Regards,
Matt

So basically, make sure your ass is there in time for the midnight launch -- and if your store doesn't have a midnight launch, make sure your ass is there extra early for when the store opens that morning.

Wait... some people are seriously letting Gamestop talk them into preordering a game to increase their chances of getting a PS4? Good lord... Like others have said that has nothing to do with getting the system, and it's really a ripoff. Take your receipt and call corporate is what I would do. Shouldn't be haggled into preordering a game just to increase an employee's preorder numbers for the week.

bread's done
Back