PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Went ahead and pre-ordered a Standard Edition and Launch Day Bundle (Battlefield 4).

If they upgrade my Standard to Launch, I'll likely cancel the bundle... even if it's a pretty decent deal (no tax in OK).

What's the cost for amazon release day delivery? Ive always pre-ordered in store but my local stores are out; and like to get things /on/ launch day; not three days later - lol.

For those of you who don't have Amazon Prime, and order at least once a month from Amazon -- Prime is definitely worth it ($7.99 per month, or one lump sum of $79 per year.. I think?). Plus you get access to Amazon Instant Video.

I went to GameStop the morning after the E3 announcement and preordered a PS4. I specifically asked if I was guaranteed to get a PS4 on release day and was told yes. They told me they were still on their first allocation of units. Here's to hoping that's the truth and I don't get screwed somehow. From what everyone else keeps saying it seems like each GameStop runs preorders as it sees fit instead of every GameStop upholding the same standards. Has me nervous, lol.

i was in no rush to preorder this but i hear theyre running out of 1st run launch pre orders. Guy at GS said i better order in the next few days if i want one.

is that bs or true? i actually planned on doing it at BBY for the points. would BBY or GS be the safest bet to get a launch copy?
BB would be the safest as they will get a LOT more then each gamestop store gets.
yea but my BBY has been going downhill. im not sure if they will oversell them. Hell... not even positive theyll be around in december o_o I wound up putting $25 down at BBY today and $100 at Gamestop. i thought it was just $50 at GS. Did they charge me more than the minimum, or did it go up? The guys at the store are kinda dicks.

I dont like doing it at two stores but i figure this way at least one will probably guarantee me one. I think im leaning to BBY since i get reward zone points. GS gives worthless power up rewards that get me nothing. thinj i got like 150k+ stored up

If you pay for it with a discover card you will get a free extra year of protection on it.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/extended-warranty.html
I steer clear of credit cards, bad way to ruin credit. =/ Thanks for the suggestion tho people who have a discover already this is a no brainer.
thats the dumbest thing ive heard... if you arent an idiot and actually pay off your cards every month and dont, you know, spend what you dont have, theres no issue. A credit card is actually a good way to BUILD credit. It can only ruin it if your an irresponsible twit

Pre-ordered my PS4 on amazon uk including a second controller. Sony has never let me down. My launch PS3 (60Gb with PS2 backwards compatibility) is still running strong.
I still got mine. When the 4 comes out either Ill trade it in or try and sell it.

For those of you who don't have Amazon Prime, and order at least once a month from Amazon -- Prime is definitely worth it ($7.99 per month, or one lump sum of $79 per year.. I think?). Plus you get access to Amazon Instant Video.
I'll tell you guys a trick/exploit. Whatever you wish to call it but please note that it probably is against Amazon.com policies but I personally been doing it over a year and have yet to get into any kind of trouble.

Once your prime runs out. Make a new account, sign up for a 30 day trial, TURN OFF auto-renew, once prime runs out make another new account and repeat. That way you'll always have prime and never have to pay for it. I use the same debit card & mailing address every single time so I guess they either don't care or don't check.

Once again, this is probably against their policies and could end up in a ban but like I've said that hasn't been the case for me.

Another cool thing is you have access to instant prime movies & shows on your PS3 or whatever device you prefer.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that prime is definitely worth the price. I'm just a cheap ass [which is why I'm here].

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to GameStop the morning after the E3 announcement and preordered a PS4. I specifically asked if I was guaranteed to get a PS4 on release day and was told yes. They told me they were still on their first allocation of units. Here's to hoping that's the truth and I don't get screwed somehow. From what everyone else keeps saying it seems like each GameStop runs preorders as it sees fit instead of every GameStop upholding the same standards. Has me nervous, lol.
ya thats why i did it at BBY too. i dont really trust my GS people. There used to be a good one with friendly, helpful employees here but it shut down. The other ones here suck. how much did you have to put down? i thought it was 50 but they made me do 100

ya thats why i did it at BBY too. i dont really trust my GS people. There used to be a good one with friendly, helpful employees here but it shut down. The other ones here suck. how much did you have to put down? i thought it was 50 but they made me do 100
It is $100. At least that's what all the GS employees have told me.

Yeah I had to put down $100. Which I'm fine with doing, as long as I'm guaranteed a console on release day like I was told I am. It's just hard to take one random employee's word for it when I've seen such conflicting reports online and from people's previous experiences.

Yeah I had to put down $100. Which I'm fine with doing, as long as I'm guaranteed a console on release day like I was told I am. It's just hard to take one random employee's word for it when I've seen such conflicting reports online and from people's previous experiences.
ya i just wanted to double check. like i said, i dont really trust them

Amazon ended the monthly payment experiment, but yes, Prime is totally worth it.

Or if any of you are students (like me) you can get it for $39 per year, which makes it very hard to resist. Plus if you have a kindle you also get access to the lending library that lets you borrow a book a month, and not just the garbage, there is actually a pretty good selection.

just got an email from amazon that they got more ps4 avaliable and i was upgraded to the launch edition.  now my question is if i choose standard shipping will i get it release day or will i have to choose two day shipping or even next day shipping?

if anyone can help id appreciate it.

just got an email from amazon that they got more ps4 avaliable and i was upgraded to the launch edition. now my question is if i choose standard shipping will i get it release day or will i have to choose two day shipping or even next day shipping?

two day per email, should have said so at the bottom of the message you received from them

To upgrade to Release-Day Delivery:
Go to Your Account > Your Orders
Find your PS4 pre-order
Click "Change Shipping Speed" then select Two Day Shipping

just got an email from amazon that they got more ps4 avaliable and i was upgraded to the launch edition. now my question is if i choose standard shipping will i get it release day or will i have to choose two day shipping or even next day shipping?

two day per email, should have said so at the bottom of the message you received from them

To upgrade to Release-Day Delivery:
Go to Your Account > Your Orders
Find your PS4 pre-order
Click "Change Shipping Speed" then select Two Day Shipping
youre correct and i went and chose that shipping option but it came out to 14 dollars in shipping rather than the 7 dollars mentioned in the email. any idea why?

So I was trading in some stuff and had a casual conversation with the GameStop employee (who is always helpful and nice).  He said that they already filled up their first and second allocations of PS4 pre-orders and that their third allocation would probably be filled very quickly.  So I decided to pre-order one, just so I don't have to go hunting down a system later on.  Now I just need to start saving up!

Were they handing out PS4 pre-order flyers in the store?  I got one today , but I already pre-ordered on Amazon.

Amazon ended the monthly payment experiment, but yes, Prime is totally worth it.
Really? I must be grandfathered in, then, 'cause I pay monthly.

I pre-ordered the bundle with Watch Dogs...was going to get that game anyway and I missed out on their batch of launch editions...so no biggie. I'd like to avoid going on the same hunt I had to go on for a PS3 and 360 when they launched.

For those of you inquiring about the Best Buy Geek Squad Protection pricing it'll likely be as followed:

PS4:  2 yr for $89.99 - 4 yr for 179.98

Xbox One:  2 yr for $99.99 - 4 yr for $199.98.  It could also potentially be $109.99 for two years and $219.98 for four years.

This is just a guess obviously but the GSP's are based on price of the product.  Looking at the consoles out now they go up $10 (on two year) per $50 added.  

Example:  Wii U is $349 so the 2 yr is $79.99 and 4 yr is 159.98.

The basic version is 2 yr for $69.99 and 4 yr for $139.98.

Since the PS4 is just $50 more.. theoretically it'll be the price point I stated above.  The Xbox One is $100 more so tack on the extra for it.

Note:  I work at Best Buy so I am pretty familiar with how the GSP is normally priced.  I could be wrong but this seems pretty reasonable on the prices/how they will be determined.

For those of you inquiring about the Best Buy Geek Squad Protection pricing it'll likely be as followed:

PS4: 2 yr for $89.99 - 4 yr for 179.98

Xbox One: 2 yr for $99.99 - 4 yr for $199.98. It could also potentially be $109.99 for two years and $219.98 for four years.

This is just a guess obviously but the GSP's are based on price of the product. Looking at the consoles out now they go up $10 (on two year) per $50 added.

Example: Wii U is $349 so the 2 yr is $79.99 and 4 yr is 159.98.

Since the PS4 is just $50 more.. theoretically it'll be the price point I stated above. The Xbox One is $100 more so tack on the extra for it.

Note: I work at Best Buy so I am pretty familiar with how the GSP is normally priced. I could be wrong but this seems pretty reasonable on the prices/how they will be determined.
How the hell does Best Buy sell the warranties at those prices?

Squaretrade will sell you a 3 yr plan for $53.99 for a console ($350-$399) or $69.99 for a console ($400-$499). And thats before the 30-40% off coupons they have all the time.

Xbox One: 2 yr for $99.99 - 4 yr for $199.98. It could also potentially be $109.99 for two years and $219.98 for four years.

This is just a guess obviously but the GSP's are based on price of the product. Looking at the consoles out now they go up $10 (on two year) per $50 added.

Since the PS4 is just $50 more.. theoretically it'll be the price point I stated above. The Xbox One is $100 more so tack on the extra for it.

Note: I work at Best Buy so I am pretty familiar with how the GSP is normally priced. I could be wrong but this seems pretty reasonable on the prices/how they will be determined.
God Damn! This is why I hate Best Buy. They sell these overpriced plans to people who don't know any better when you can get a great additional warrenty from Squaretrade for a hell of alot cheaper.

I went to Best Buy today, they had PS4 & X1 available for preorder $25 down, GS had 2 X1's left & 21 PS4 left, $100 down. 

God Damn! This is why I hate Best Buy. They sell these overpriced plans to people who don't know any better when you can get a great additional warrenty from Squaretrade for a hell of alot cheaper.
Sometimes as an employee it is hard for me to stand by our policy. I guess some of the main differences (from briefly glancing at the Squaretrade site) would be having a localized place to take the item to. More times than not you will get a direct replacement rather than them sending it out for repair. No need to wait X amount of days to get the item back. The other thing I saw was that accessories included in the console aren't covered with squaretrade's policy. With Best Buy's the initial controller and defective cables and such would be covered. I realize its a stretch to make a valid comparison but to some not having to ship the product out means a lot.

I know quite a few people who swear by GSP and I also know a ton of people who go Squaretrade solely. Both are good. I personally don't use either one as I am generally cautious with my stuff. If I were to go with any of them then a choice that has a retail location would be ideal for me. I'm not a fan of waiting to have something shipped/returned to me.

Not wanting to start a debate on this.. just stating what I think. Obviously price is a big thing with this as well.

What's the cost for amazon release day delivery? Ive always pre-ordered in store but my local stores are out; and like to get things /on/ launch day; not three days later - lol.
Got an email today from Amazon saying my Standard Edition PS4 has been upgraded to a Launch Day edition. Then it told me if I wanted release day shipping, to change the shipping speed to two day and it would be $7.98. When I did that on the order page, it says I will be charged $14.48 instead. Anybody getting the release day option for $7.98?

Anyway, so now I have a One and PS4 pre-ordered from Amazon for launch day. Hope I will be able to afford both at launch!

How long does it take for them to adjust the price of an order for Pre-Order Price Guarantee? My order is still listed as $1000.

Got an email today from Amazon saying my Standard Edition PS4 has been upgraded to a Launch Day edition. Then it told me if I wanted release day shipping, to change the shipping speed to two day and it would be $7.98. When I did that on the order page, it says I will be charged $14.48 instead. Anybody getting the release day option for $7.98?

Anyway, so now I have a One and PS4 pre-ordered from Amazon for launch day. Hope I will be able to afford both at launch!
I asked a question regarding the gift cards on amazon, this is what I got as a reply:

"Hello,

If the price of your order exceeds the amount of one gift card, you can pay the remaining balance with another.

Toward the end of the order form, we'll ask you to select a payment method. You'll see a section that says "Enter new gift cards or promotional claim codes." Simply enter the first claim code in the space provided; then, click the button marked "Enter another" and type in the next claim code.

You can repeat this process to redeem as many gift cards as you'd like. However, if you are using a promotional certificate you received from Amazon.com, you can only redeem one per purchase.

For more information on using gift cards, please visit our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/gc "

Got the system only launch edition on Amazon (which isnt even shown anymore) but since I was going to get Killzone anyway, I was thinking of cancelling and getting the Killzone Launch bundle.  Think it'll make a difference?  Still says "Guaranteed to be available"

When is Sony announcing the release date for the PS4? Or will it be a random day?
It's around 11/30 or at least that's what Best Buy reps have been saying per conference calls this week
There is no way they launch after black Friday, Best Buy reps are high. My bet is they are keeping the date a secret because they don't want Microsoft to push their launch date earlier. Sony will launch October 29th and Xbox November 15th are my predictions.

Will this console be coming with headphones? I never play my PS3 online because no one talks, and I have to assume that's because, unlike Xbox, it didn't come with headphones.

What games are you guys preordering for launch? Seems like Watch Dogs is popular from looking at Amazon top 20 list.
Killzone is the only one I am definitely getting for PS4. Still up in the air about most multiplatformers until closer to launch. Definitely getting BF4 on One though since my friends are as well.

What games are you guys preordering for launch? Seems like Watch Dogs is popular from looking at Amazon top 20 list.
I'm going with BF4, Wacth Dogs, Killzone SF, and I'm thinking about Need for Speed Rivals. I'm also a plus member so I'll be getting a watered down version of Drive Club. :lol:

I'll be getting Killzone at launch.  Its been one of my favorite online shooters for PS3, cant wait to see it on PS4.  Wanted Ghosts, but I think the bulk of people will be still playing on PS3...

Ended up getting Watch Dogs & Battlefield 4 with my PS4. Was thinking about Killzone but really didn't want more than one FPS. Also grabbed another controller and a year of PS+ so I'll be set.

I just know it's going to hit me like a brick when it comes out and I haven't preordered it yet but my backlog is big enough as it is and I still haven't made any headway because all I play is League of Legends.

for me it's killzone and second son im getting watch dogs for pc it's cheaper
Second son doesn't come out at Launch, it's release date is within the launch window though.
"Launch window" according the Sony and Microsoft tends to be the first 3 months. From what I understood, Second Son is supposed to released in early 2014. "

Gravity Rush was supposed to be launch window for the vita and ended up releasing June 12, which is 5 months after the Vita's release. So I am just hoping Infamous releases within that 3 months, because by the time Gravity Rush came out, I had lost interest.

Got the system only launch edition on Amazon (which isnt even shown anymore) but since I was going to get Killzone anyway, I was thinking of cancelling and getting the Killzone Launch bundle. Think it'll make a difference? Still says "Guaranteed to be available"
you dont need to cancel your order , you can add the game to your order with the help chat from amazon support and they will add this game to your order without canceling the launch edition :)

FWIW, when they sent me the same email, it also explicitly said I got free release day shipping... but I'm a Prime member, so who knows how that factors in?

I haven't pre-ordered any games yet for either system; waiting to see how the XOne vs PS4 calculus plays out. But I knew I'd need both in the long run... so may as well get the launch editions.

Is anyone with Amazon being charged a shipping fee? I have free super shipping selected yet they are charging me $4.49 on my invoice

Is anyone with Amazon being charged a shipping fee? I have free super shipping selected yet they are charging me $4.49 on my invoice
Here is my invoice, it deducted the shipping.

Item(s) Subtotal: $399.96

Shipping & Handling: $4.49

Super Saver Discount: -$4.49

----- Total before tax: $399.96

Gravity Rush was supposed to be launch window for the vita and ended up releasing June 12, which is 5 months after the Vita's release. So I am just hoping Infamous releases within that 3 months, because by the time Gravity Rush came out, I had lost interest.
You're comparing two completely different situations. Gravity Rush was developed by Studio Japan and actually was a launch window title for the Vita in Japan. What you were waiting on was for them to localize and bring the game over to North America.

bread's done
Back