PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

hhhhmmm...my Watch Dogs Launch Bundle still shows December 31st. I am a Prime Member and selected 2-day Prime shipping. Hopefully it updates soon...

My Target order still shows 11/30 release date and arriving 12/4-12/6.  Speaking of that, it looks like you can't even order just the console on there anymore; need to order a bundle to get the PS4.  

hhhhmmm...my Watch Dogs Launch Bundle still shows December 31st. I am a Prime Member and selected 2-day Prime shipping. Hopefully it updates soon...
Same here. I'm a prime member and ordered a Knack bundle on June 17. Hopefully they are just updating orders in waves.

Ok, everyone, stop freaking the hell out. Clearly they will update it, lol. I dont know why everyone flips out like Amazon is not going to ship their consoles on time.

I have a launch day system (not a bundle) and it still says Dec 31st.

if its like 2 weeks before Nov 15th and it still says Dec 31st, then start to worry.

Ok, everyone, stop freaking the hell out. Clearly they will update it, lol. I dont know why everyone flips out like Amazon is not going to ship their consoles on time.

I have a launch day system (not a bundle) and it still says Dec 31st.

if its like 2 weeks before Nov 15th and it still says Dec 31st, then start to worry.

3 months away and people are in full panic mode because hours after the announcement the shipping date hasn't updated. Relax folks, it will all work out.

agree even in the worse case it did get delay "which it wont" amazon is very good too it customers an would do their best too make it up too you

sony want very much too win are support, their going try very hard too have these in store beyond pre orders. Thu their will be limited supply least till after X mas.

3 months away and people are in full panic mode because hours after the announcement the shipping date hasn't updated. Relax folks, it will all work out.
I'm not in panic mode yet, just seems a little strange. Amazon usually gets things like this right. Perhaps they're working backwards in the fulfillment queue. Just like someone who posted earlier who ordered on announcement date and still has a 12/31 ship date, I got in pretty early and still have 12/31.

I preordered on June 10th and it still said 12/31. I went to the shipping options and confirmed 2 day shipping and it set the new date to 11/15.

Does anyone know for sure the Watch Dogs PS4 launch day edition from Amazon will arrive on the 15th or the 19th of November. Reason I ask, it looks like the pc, 360, and ps3 versions release on the 19th. Was just wondering if Sony has said anything concerning that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered on June 10th and it still said 12/31. I went to the shipping options and confirmed 2 day shipping and it set the new date to 11/15.

I also confirmed 2-day shipping and it added Tax on my order! (In NJ, Amazon started charging tax on July 1)

I'm assuming it would've refreshed anyway, but fuck!

Order does show Nov 15 now.

Does anyone know for sure the Watch Dogs PS4 launch day edition from Amazon will arrive on the 15th or the 19th of November. Reason I ask, it looks like the pc, 360, and ps3 versions release on the 19th. Was just wondering if Sony has said anything concerning that.
From what I remember reading, they have said that the next gen versions will be available on launch day of the consoles so it should be out on the 15th.

Still waiting in Target to get their in store preorder cards.

I noticed they were starting to get their next gen signage up last time I was there.

Updated my shipping speed and my delivery date now shows end of the week.  Just realized that I'll be away at a conference on launch week.  Damn you work.

So I just thought of something. CoD ghosts comes out 10 days before the console, so your going to get the game and let it sit for 10 days before your able to play it? Or do you think they will push the release date back for the PS4 to line it up?

So I just thought of something. CoD ghosts comes out 10 days before the console, so your going to get the game and let it sit for 10 days before your able to play it? Or do you think they will push the release date back for the PS4 to line it up?
For the Wii U they released Black Ops the same day it came out with the rest of the systems. The Wii U launched a week later but you could pick up CoD a week early.

Updating the shipping method (or re-confirming my Prime shipping) changed my delivery estimate to November 15th. I was not really worried about it but it's nice see it updated. Now all we needs is a release date for the Xbox One...

you do realize that when you pre-order an item, 2 day and 1 day shipping make no difference since they will get it to you on launch day with both options?

Yeah but instead of paying 2-day shipping, I got it for free now, a whopping savings of $8.62!

Still waiting in Target to get their in store preorder cards.

I noticed they were starting to get their next gen signage up last time I was there.
Corporate email states "Week of 8/25" so anytime that week, likely Tuesday during all the new release stuff?

I'm not in panic mode yet, just seems a little strange. Amazon usually gets things like this right. Perhaps they're working backwards in the fulfillment queue. Just like someone who posted earlier who ordered on announcement date and still has a 12/31 ship date, I got in pretty early and still have 12/31.
I had my preorder locked in within 3 minutes of it becoming available. I checked just now and my arrival date is still Dec 31, not concerned in the least. Amazon always gets it right.

EDIT: continued reading and noticed people were confirming shipping speed. Did the same and it updated the date..so now I'm REALLY not concerned :)

continued reading and noticed people were confirming shipping speed. Did the same and it updated the date..so now I'm REALLY not concerned :)
Thanks for that information! I just tested that out myself and it changed my estimated release date from 12/31 to 11/15. Never that I doubted Amazon, but it is nice to have it actually have the correct release date :)

Updating the shipping method (or re-confirming my Prime shipping) changed my delivery estimate to November 15th. I was not really worried about it but it's nice see it updated. Now all we needs is a release date for the Xbox One...
Yep. I just did this as well. I can also confirm it works.

November 15th is later than I wanted but I'm fine with it. I've  got new releases I'm excited to pick up all the way through late Oct so I'm sure time will fly by. I don't know what to get for launch tho.

I typically don't get IW COD titles, I like Treyarch's games better. And Ghosts doesn't look any better on next-gen consoles so if I picked it up it would be for Wii U and that's due to local play.

I want to get a PS4 launch game other than Minecraft. I'm thinking Killzone. Haven't been a huge fan of the series in the past but it looks a bit fresh and seems to be changing things up a bit.

November 15th is later than I wanted but I'm fine with it. I've got new releases I'm excited to pick up all the way through late Oct so I'm sure time will fly by. I don't know what to get for launch tho.

I typically don't get IW COD titles, I like Treyarch's games better. And Ghosts doesn't look any better on next-gen consoles so if I picked it up it would be for Wii U and that's due to local play.

I want to get a PS4 launch game other than Minecraft. I'm thinking Killzone. Haven't been a huge fan of the series in the past but it looks a bit fresh and seems to be changing things up a bit.
Im in a similar boat, im going to buy a game just to buy a game. That game for me will likely be BF4.

Went in to Best Buy today and was told they were no longer accepting PS4 pre-orders.  Called a little bit later to get a second answer and it was the same.  Disappointed since I have $75 in Best Buy gift cards I wanted to use.  

The down payment for a PS4 pre-order at Best Buy is $25 minimum.

Red and Blue PS4 controllers will be available at launch - >http://ps4daily.com/2013/08/dualshock-4-controller-to-be-available-in-red-and-blue/

they both look kinda ugly to me, would of preferred a white or silver one tbh. I will stick with the black controller for now.
I actually thought they looked better than the black one myself. Why do they always rely on black? Anyways with the colored controllers it's a lot easier to see the improvements they've made in photos imo.

Went in to Best Buy today and was told they were no longer accepting PS4 pre-orders. Called a little bit later to get a second answer and it was the same. Disappointed since I have $75 in Best Buy gift cards I wanted to use.

The down payment for a PS4 pre-order at Best Buy is $25 minimum.
Why don't you just pre-order for in-store pick-up from the website with your gift cards?

For those with Amazon pre-orders with old ship dates, just go in and change the shipping speed, doesn't matter to what, save it, then change it again back to what you want.  Then it'll be up to date.  Mine is launch console with super saver coming on November 21st.  I haven't seen any news that we'd get on launch day regardless of shipping speed. 

Oh, and if anyone is really despearate for release day shipping at amazon, go ahead now and sign up for Amazon mom, it's free, and you can be a dad, or not even a parent, they have no idea, and you can get 3 months free trial to prime.  That'll be long enough to get your PS4 launch day shipped for free.  Then just cancel amazon mom the day before the trial runs out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201133970

I just got this email from Amazon:

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on June 10, 2013 (Order# xxx). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"PlayStation 4: Launch Edition"
    Previous estimated arrival date: December 31, 2013

New estimated arrival date: November 15, 2013

Looks like they updated the shipping date without me having to go change the shipping speed options. November 15th can't come soon enough!

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Target will sell their in-store pre-order cards this Sunday 8/25. PS4 reserves will cost $25 and each Target should be getting about 8 presell cards.

>_> I've learned to always wait for the second model and to buy consoles during the holiday sales. :/ let Sony work out the inevitable defects. This last gen I've witnessed way too many people casually saying things like "I'm on my 4th ps3/360".. :/ how the hell do you burn through 4+ systems in 1 generation?

bread's done
Back