PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

God im hoping someone announces a action game or rpg at tgs,if not i see myself canceling my pre-order and waiting for final fantay 15 and kh3 to come out.
Even if they announced one at TGS, it wouldn't come for at least a year, so you'd be waiting either way

I foresee a huge headache for Target employees if Target really has no record of the preorder and relies on the customer to have the card. In this day and age, I find it ridiculous that Target can't manage to have a system in place to keep track of these preorders. With most stores that I am reading about having ~15 of each system, how is it that hard to keep track of ~30 people's information.
Systemically it hold no information except for the amount of product sold. So the Electronics Team Lead can look up sales figures of the card and know exactly how much to set aside. (This is because cards can get lost or stolen.)

When I worked at Target, it was mandatory for the guest to have BOTH the card and receipt to pick it up. Reason being: I can walk into target, hide the card in the furniture section, release date rolls around, pick up card from spot, then pick up a console.

How much does the ps4 launch bundle pack with a game and a year of ps plus cost?  I ask because i ordered the ps4 back in june and checked my amazon and it shows that it changed to the launch edition for $399.

How much does the ps4 launch bundle pack with a game and a year of ps plus cost? I ask because i ordered the ps4 back in june and checked my amazon and it shows that it changed to the launch edition for $399.
499.99. I don't think that bundle exists anywhere anymore though. You can make a bundle on Sony's webstore, but no PS+ card for essentially $10 off.

Reserved mine at Target today. They had me type my name/contact info in their iPad.

2 PS4 orders (Including myself) and 1 Xbox One order.

I used to have a temporary hold on my credit card for my preorder at Best Buy but its disappeared this week. I checked my order status and the PS4 is still listed. Anybody else have this happen to them?

499.99. I don't think that bundle exists anywhere anymore though. You can make a bundle on Sony's webstore, but no PS+ card for essentially $10 off.
The annual PS+ promo has been consistently offered since June. $40 for 12 months doesnt even seem like that great a deal anymore since its so common to see that available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a temporary hold on my credit card for my preorder at Best Buy but its disappeared this week. I checked my order status and the PS4 is still listed. Anybody else have this happen to them?
Yeah, they'll probably put it back on at least once or twice between now and launch. Pretty normal for BBY.

I preordered mine at target. I don't really understand why people complain about the way target is doing their preordering since I doubt that a majority of people will preorder a system without spending extra on a game.

Question. How many times/days will Amazon try to charge your payment method before they cancel your order? I dont like keeping that much on my account and since I have standard edition ordered, i dont have an official date when it will enter shipping stage.

Was happy I went to Walmart. Only 2 other people preorder at that store. Was told I was for sure have one Nov 15. Had three friends do it also. No need to preorder games I sure plenty of them around

Question. How many times/days will Amazon try to charge your payment method before they cancel your order? I dont like keeping that much on my account and since I have standard edition ordered, i dont have an official date when it will enter shipping stage.
Yeah, the only time they'll charge you anything is if you elect to use your Amazon credit on a pre-order and they'll then hold that amount of credit out of your balance.

Stopped at target on way home and got ps4 and xbox1 preorder cards.

PS4 card didnt have anything on as far as a number, but on the back of the xbox one card it said 2 of 10. Clerk stated the xbox one card could be refunded if I decided to cancel it, didnt really ask about the ps4 cause worse case scenario you can just purchase the ps4 and return it and keep the 25 GC.

Also asked about return policy, he stated 30 days to return unopened consoles. I have both preordered there and amazon now. Will most likely cancel xbox1 from amazon and keep that ps4 and try to flip both of my target preorders and if prices are not worth it return them before the 30 day return period. Hoping to either pay for my ps4 this way or at least cover half of it.

Just wanted to let my fellow CAGs know Cherry Hill, NJ Target has the pre-order cards in , they just came in today.  Put down 25 and get a 25 dollar gift card at time of purchase.

Just wanted to let my fellow CAGs know Cherry Hill, NJ Target has the pre-order cards in , they just came in today. Put down 25 and get a 25 dollar gift card at time of purchase.
You still have to pay $399.99 when you pick your PS4 up. The reservation card's cost doesn't subtract from the PS4's price.

That's why they give you the gift card when you pick it up.

Stopped at target on way home and got ps4 and xbox1 preorder cards.

PS4 card didnt have anything on as far as a number, but on the back of the xbox one card it said 2 of 10. Clerk stated the xbox one card could be refunded if I decided to cancel it, didnt really ask about the ps4 cause worse case scenario you can just purchase the ps4 and return it and keep the 25 GC.

Also asked about return policy, he stated 30 days to return unopened consoles. I have both preordered there and amazon now. Will most likely cancel xbox1 from amazon and keep that ps4 and try to flip both of my target preorders and if prices are not worth it return them before the 30 day return period. Hoping to either pay for my ps4 this way or at least cover half of it.
You should probably keep this to yourself or some people will get mad at you and start bitching. Not saying it's wrong as its always a first come basis and have no problem with making money off of preorders or CE's, just don't throw it out in the open is all.

You should probably keep this to yourself or some people will get mad at you and start bitching. Not saying it's wrong as its always a first come basis and have no problem with making money off of preorders or CE's, just don't throw it out in the open is all.
1 dont care.

2 Preorders have been going on for MONTHS if you didnt preorder before now, and you dont get one at launch, its your own fault. Besides the people that will be over paying a few weeks after launch are parents whose kid wants one for Christmas and dont really pay attention to gaming. Any "real" gamer has had a preorder in for a while now. I preordered RIGHT after it went live on Amazon so Ive had one for a while now.

Back on topic, my store didnt have them locked up any where really, but they did have them hanging like PSN cards, XBox Live cards, etc and the hanger did have some kind of lock on it. So if you dont like to ask about stuff just look around for the cards.

The people in my Target when I pre ordered took half my card for there records and I took the other half. Did any other people who pre ordered at Target get the card split in half? Was that ok for them to do?

The people in my Target when I pre ordered took half my card for there records and I took the other half. Did any other people who pre ordered at Target get the card split in half? Was that ok for them to do?
I was given the whole card. Back of the card on the ps4 one at least had a sticker at the bottom that said scan when purchased. Didnt really look at the back of the xbox one.

Im not sure if they were supposed to take half of it or not, I dont think so as I think the top is the reservation and the bottom is scanned to get the GC.

Make sure you keep your receipt with the other half of the card you have, I think you should be ok as long as you have both.

Yup I got the receipt wrapped around the card tucked safely away in the glove compartment of my car. :)

I asked the people in the electronics section when I got the card yesterday and they said I was suppose to check out with the card there and they where suppose to keep half of it so they know how many to get.

The top half of the card is the reservation and the bottom half is for the $25 gift card (PS4) or $10 off accessories/games (Xbox One). I received both.

Sorry for the generic question, but Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop have turned off their preorders. Is Wal-Mart and Target still doing preorders?

We'll my local Target has 7 pre-order PS4 cards on them. The rep told me that about 100 people pre-ordered it since they got the cards and he isn't sure if everyone will be able to get one day one based on that. Just wondering if this is true.

Do you guys think I can get one day one from Target since they have the pre-order card or will it be rolled out by when it was pre-ordered. Also, how much is Target's down for the pre-order?

Amazon France is showing a PS4 500GB Bundle with camera, 2 DS4 controllers, and shadowfall for $499.99 euros. The standard edition PS4 goes for $399.99 euros. We might be getting the same bundle over here for $499.99 USD or maybe not...

81AURAkyP4L._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon France is showing a PS4 500GB Bundle with camera, 2 DS4 controllers, and shadowfall for $499.99 euros. The standard edition PS4 goes for $399.99 euros. We might be getting the same bundle over here for $499.99 USD or maybe not...
Holy shaqfu! They should announce this in the US right after MS announces the launch date for the XB1. Take the wind out of their sails. Two controllers plus a console exclusive game -- schweet.

Holy shaqfu! They should announce this in the US right after MS announces the launch date for the XB1. Take the wind out of their sails. Two controllers plus a console exclusive game -- schweet.
I think this might turn into a possible first edition bundle similar to what Sony did for the PS Vita with a 1 week early launch. During the PS Vita launch Sony did a FEB edition for $100 more with a 1 week early release before the official launch date.

81AURAkyP4L._SL1500_.jpg
/cancels preorder.
Shit I could just import that console from France because they are region free and our cost would be a lot lower since they'll remove the VAT from it for us.

/cancels preorder.
Shit I could just import that console from France because they are region free and our cost would be a lot lower since they'll remove the VAT from it for us.
I'm not familiar with Playstations, but there are no issues with NTSC vs. PAL for PS games if you import this?

I thought Killzone Shadowfall didn't have local co-op like Killzone 3 did, so it is odd they would bundle a second controller.

I'm not familiar with Playstations, but there are no issues with NTSC vs. PAL for PS games if you import this?
PS4 and Xbox One games are not region locked. Wii U is the only "next gen" console doing that. PS4 games from anywhere will work on it. NTSC movies will not work but I have a stand alone Blu Ray player and an NTSC PS3 so I don't care about that.

No, but exchange rates will kill the deal.
They do remove the VAT so the price is lower to import. That said, I just tried to preorder to see what the final price would be and they won't sell it to me in the US. Other things you can get, for instance I imported Ni No Kuni Wizard edition from them.

Yup I would buy that $500 bundle immediately. I don't want the camera but it's basically free at that point.

We'll my local Target has 7 pre-order PS4 cards on them. The rep told me that about 100 people pre-ordered it since they got the cards and he isn't sure if everyone will be able to get one day one based on that. Just wondering if this is true.

Do you guys think I can get one day one from Target since they have the pre-order card or will it be rolled out by when it was pre-ordered. Also, how much is Target's down for the pre-order?
Im pretty sure you should be able to get one launch day since you have to buy the ps4 within the first week of launch. You have to pay 25 dollars for the reservation and it does not go towards paying off the console. Instead when you purchase it you will get a 25 dollar gift card.

I would definitely preorder this is they announce it for US. I have the PS4 Watch Dogs Launch Bundle and Killzone Shadow Fall preordered through Amazon already. Assuming they refund my gift card money immediately, it would be an easy change over. This would sell out crazy quick if they announce it at PAX Prime this weekend.

That bundle is an absolute steal, damn it reminds me of the Zombie U Wii U Bundle Europe got. Extra controller and game for the price of one.

This comes with a camera to. ugh

That bundle is an absolute steal, damn it reminds me of the Zombie U Wii U Bundle Europe got. Extra controller and game for the price of one.

This comes with a camera to. ugh

U.S. retailers hate multiple SKU's thats what I heard. Thats why especially for Nintendo products they limit the colors while Japan gets every color possible. 

The only way we are going to get that bundle is if Microsoft states that the U.S. is getting a free game with X1 consoles. I have this feeling this is Sony's way of twisting the knife on Microsoft's market. Kinda like saying "They give you a free game, we give you that, plus another controller and the camera for the same price."

bread's done
Back