PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Yes, the numbers will be adjusted due to some speculators come release week but when my main store has 85 PS4's and 25 XB1's, there's no way 60 PS4 preorders will end up being cancellations.
in the end does it really matter? if you like a certain system you like a certain system just play the games people on this website go crazy omg look at the numbers. both systems have amazing games and in the end it's all that matters.

Has there been any talk of waiting till Christmas for any possible better bundle deals? Though I may be dreaming of a good bundle this close to Christmas id heard that rumor of a vita bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pre-order on amazon but I want to put it on my credit card instead of my debit for points and such. I can't switch payment without losing my launch day spot, can I?
That is my understanding based on what I've read. I may just pay off my ps4 asap before my card expires next month.

I'm having trouble justifying keeping my PS4 preorder now since all of my friends are getting the X1 and the only game i'm remotely interested in at launch is Killzone...and even then its not anywhere near $520 in interest...hrmm. If all my friends would be getting the ps4 i could grab all the multiplats on there and just get that one instead but there sold on the X1

in the end does it really matter? if you like a certain system you like a certain system just play the games people on this website go crazy omg look at the numbers. both systems have amazing games and in the end it's all that matters.

My post was just more so an observation I've noticed whenever I shop at my local Gamestop's than a debate. You're right, as a gamer that owns both current gen consoles I'm happy to enjoy the games both systems have to offer. I'm not as defiant or defensive as some of the fanboys but I'm sort of like dmaul in that I find the business side of the next gen horizon to be fascinating at the moment due to my previous experience in the private sector.

For what it's worth, I will be getting an XB1 once they provide a Kinect-less SKU.

My post was just more so an observation I've noticed whenever I shop at my local Gamestop's than a debate. You're right, as a gamer that owns both current gen consoles I'm happy to enjoy the games both systems have to offer. I'm not as defiant or defensive as some of the fanboys but I'm sort of like dmaul in that I find the business side of the next gen horizon to be fascinating at the moment due to my previous experience in the private sector.

For what it's worth, I will be getting an XB1 once they provide a Kinect-less SKU.
even if the x1 with kinect drops to 400 next year you would not buy it? I was not a huge fan o kinect 1.0 but i loved it will apps like netlix but im pretty excited for 2.0 with all the tech that is in the cam. but i do get the reason why people don't want one .

even if the x1 with kinect drops to 400 next year you would not buy it? I was not a huge fan o kinect 1.0 but i loved it will apps like netlix but im pretty excited for 2.0 with all the tech that is in the cam. but i do get the reason why people don't want one .

I would definitely get the X1 if it were to drop it's price to $400 but we are years away from a price drop happening. A Kinect-less SKU is more likely to be offered before any price drop. Even though MS has proclaimed a Kinect-less SKU will not happen, they've already put one foot out the door by making it official that a Kinect is no longer required while selling it as a bundled accessory. As another personal matter, if Epic Games can make Gears of War good again (Gears 4 is inevitable), I'd probably pickup the console too.

....... uh oh.

I was just clicking through my Amazon Orders to see if I could apply my gift card balance to one of the two Launch Edition PS4s I'd pre-ordered (one for me, and one for my dad), and was surprised to find neither of them were there.

I never received notification of any sort, and my Orders don't even show that they were canceled - they're simply gone. I imagine this is something Amazon put in place to prevent people from ordering multiple consoles, so I could understand one - but BOTH? Really?

What are my options here? Would it be possible to contact customer service about this? I've been accumulating Amazon credit specifically to pay for my Launch Edition PS4, and I'm not happy with this development in the least.

I'm having trouble justifying keeping my PS4 preorder now since all of my friends are getting the X1 and the only game i'm remotely interested in at launch is Killzone...and even then its not anywhere near $520 in interest...hrmm. If all my friends would be getting the ps4 i could grab all the multiplats on there and just get that one instead but there sold on the X1
Im in a similar boat man, none of my friends are getting Xbox One yet, but I know in a year or two they prolly will all jump on it. The $100 extra price though is what is making me make my decision. Ill get the PS4 and hope it becomes the popular console of this generation amongst my peers.

Another factor for me is my little brother is getting the xbox one but im away at college, but when im home it would be kinda dumb to have two xbox ones in the same household.

Im in a similar boat man, none of my friends are getting Xbox One yet, but I know in a year or two they prolly will all jump on it. The $100 extra price though is what is making me make my decision. Ill get the PS4 and hope it becomes the popular console of this generation amongst my peers.

Another factor for me is my little brother is getting the xbox one but im away at college, but when im home it would be kinda dumb to have two xbox ones in the same household.
well, you have two options, either be a sheep, and follow your friends by getting the xbone, or get ps4, so you do not end up having 2 xbone at home,

well, you have two options, either be a sheep, and follow your friends by getting the xbone, or get ps4, so you do not end up having 2 xbone at home,
how will he bea sheep if he gets a system to play online with his friends? All the people igame with have a 360 and getting x1 but i still have ps3 and sooner or later get a ps4 for single player games.

im getting the PS4, its cheaper, I only want BF4 (I dont personally own a 360 or PS3 so i need to upgrade). Im also in my last year of college so hopefully in a year or two I will be starting my career which will allow me to payoff the xbox one without hesitation.

how will he bea sheep if he gets a system to play online with his friends? All the people igame with have a 360 and getting x1 but i still have ps3 and sooner or later get a ps4 for single player games.
well, if his friends has decided to get a ps4 , instead of xbone. he would of gotten an ps4. his whole deciding factor is based on his friends, not what he wants, because he wants to play with them. there is nothing is wrong with that. it is totally understandable.

im getting the PS4, its cheaper, I only want BF4 (I dont personally own a 360 or PS3 so i need to upgrade). Im also in my last year of college so hopefully in a year or two I will be starting my career which will allow me to payoff the xbox one without hesitation.
after you start your career, i doubt you would really have time, or care about playing with your "friends" on xbone, because you are going to make some new friends through your career. so getting a xbone will be an afterthought

after you start your career, i doubt you would really have time, or care about playing with your "friends" on xbone, because you are going to make some new friends through your career. so getting a xbone will be an afterthought
yep because people with full time jobs never play games :/

Playing with my friends from college would be a perfect way to keep in touch. I know once we graduate, we all are going our separate ways so at least I could play some games of BF or CoD with em from time to time.

yep because people with full time jobs never play games :/
If you plan on getting a Masters while working Full-Time then no, you will never play games : P

I have little to no time myself to ever game (not to say I don't still buy games and have the XB1 preordered haha) just it is a sad fact of life. Half the week I am gone from 7am-11pm and then the other half I get back at 6pm but still need to make time for working out, class work, girlfriend, family, general upkeep of my home and food supplies haha. As you see it unfortunately does leave very little time!

On more topic I do completely agree with what you said earlier. I too am getting the XboxOne and then will very soon after pick up the PS4 for all of the exclusives.

And if im to busy with my career then so be it, video games is not my #1 hobbie. It used to be when I was younger but ive had new apiration's such as bodybuilding, Im sure though I can find a half hour or so to play video games. I dont need to play for hours like I used to do,

....... uh oh.

I was just clicking through my Amazon Orders to see if I could apply my gift card balance to one of the two Launch Edition PS4s I'd pre-ordered (one for me, and one for my dad), and was surprised to find neither of them were there.

I never received notification of any sort, and my Orders don't even show that they were canceled - they're simply gone. I imagine this is something Amazon put in place to prevent people from ordering multiple consoles, so I could understand one - but BOTH? Really?

What are my options here? Would it be possible to contact customer service about this? I've been accumulating Amazon credit specifically to pay for my Launch Edition PS4, and I'm not happy with this development in the least.
wow...hope you get it sorted out....i had the launch edition and a launch bundle in my orders but removed one about a month ago, guess i dodged a bullet, even though amazon cs told me they're two different sku's, i didn't want to take any chances

Is there anywhere still instore that I can preorder a ps4? I was dumb and waited, and if I do pick up at store online at walmart, can I go in there at midnight and get it or do I have to wait for a confirmation? Thanks

How exactly am I bashing you?

Why do you get so defensive is a better question.
Does someone hack your account and post without your consent? Did you forget how you questioned everything he said on the last page?

"I don't think Walmart has pre-order cards....."

"Would you say the same if it were the other way around?"

"If you were a true gamer you'd get both at launch."

"I thought you said before you had no need for extra controllers?

How accurate are the Target preorder cards...?

I know when I worked at Target Mobile some lady was pissed because her son had 'preordered' AoT:40th Day and we didn't even get any in. I asked the Electronics guys and he said that they did not track in any way their preorders...

How accurate are the Target preorder cards...?

I know when I worked at Target Mobile some lady was pissed because her son had 'preordered' AoT:40th Day and we didn't even get any in. I asked the Electronics guys and he said that they did not track in any way their preorders...
the pre order cards have a number on them and a set limit of cards so i doudt their will be any problems

Some podcast i was listening to recently, I think it was 8-4 play, said that PS4 pre orders are leading XB1 by 3:1 ratio according to some industry friends. It's going to be real interesting to hear how MS twists the numbers, including black friday sales in their first two weeks or comparing first few day sales of PS4 vs XB1 when that number for PS4 does not include Black Friday.

Some podcast i was listening to recently, I think it was 8-4 play, said that PS4 pre orders are leading XB1 by 3:1 ratio according to some industry friends. It's going to be real interesting to hear how MS twists the numbers, including black friday sales in their first two weeks or comparing first few day sales of PS4 vs XB1 when that number for PS4 does not include Black Friday.
Good. The shitbox brand needs to be put in its place.

Got the ps4 at the second target I stopped at, pretty glad, didn't wanna do it online. Target in middletown ohio has like five preorder cards left, fyi. Walmarts around sold out, best buy, etc.

....... uh oh.

Sometimes the "Your Orders" page on Amazon just shows orders placed in the last 30 days, there's a tab on the top of the page that you can change to "last 6 months," 2013, 2012, etc. If you didn't, you should check to see if that is all that happened. I'm surprised Amazon would just delete an order without any kind of notification.

Sometimes the "Your Orders" page on Amazon just shows orders placed in the last 30 days, there's a tab on the top of the page that you can change to "last 6 months," 2013, 2012, etc. If you didn't, you should check to see if that is all that happened. I'm surprised Amazon would just delete an order without any kind of notification.
They screwed up my xbox day one order, though it shows it's cancelled. They say I did it, yet I know I was holding out until November to make a decision on which I was going to get.

with this new, it is highly unlikely there is going to be a ps4 shortage. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/12/playstation-4-stock-held-back-to-combat-shortages
Why would you hold back extra stock? By holding back extra stock they are losing sales NOW as well as incurring costs to house these extra units. If you ship everything you have NOW, you turn that into sales and anything that isn't sold is sitting on RETAILERS sales floors, not your warehouse floor. You then ship out more inventory when it is available since you are allegedly producing at max yield for those customers who will be purchasing in December. If you ship out your second shipment on the Nov. 22, those will probably be hitting store sales floors the following week on Black Friday Nov.29 just about the time when everyone will be doing their shopping.

If this were true Sony would launch the PS4 in Japan this year. Cutting them out only shows they needed to do this to try and meet demand. But guess what, with this brilliant scheme that Sony has announced, everyone who wasn't able to get a system on Day One(week one) because you held them back are also out there trying to get the console...so now mom/pop/grams is battling Johnny Gamer for a console and mom/pop/grams is SOL since Johnny Gamer is the one who camped outside their Best Buy for a day and a half waiting for that initial shipment, store opens at 9 am...all 20 ps4' sold out by 9:30am...mom/pop/grams goes by at 6pm after work...oh well...

I just don't see the appeal of it right now unless you do a lot of local gaming with 2+ conteollers
I think I'm keeping my DS4 bundle over the standard system just so I have a DS4 to dedicate to the Vita TV once they update it to support it.

in terms of preorders PS4 to XB1 is 4:1 according to several gamestop stores in my area. In terms of the early core gamer audience PS4 is doing well so far.
Sadly we dictate very little with the consoles now a days and Sony/MS want the casuals/bros/soccer moms far more.

The question is, who gives a shit? I'm not profiting off their sales...

Why would you hold back extra stock? By holding back extra stock they are losing sales NOW as well as incurring costs to house these extra units. If you ship everything you have NOW, you turn that into sales and anything that isn't sold is sitting on RETAILERS sales floors, not your warehouse floor. You then ship out more inventory when it is available since you are allegedly producing at max yield for those customers who will be purchasing in December. If you ship out your second shipment on the Nov. 22, those will probably be hitting store sales floors the following week on Black Friday Nov.29 just about the time when everyone will be doing their shopping.

If this were true Sony would launch the PS4 in Japan this year. Cutting them out only shows they needed to do this to try and meet demand. But guess what, with this brilliant scheme that Sony has announced, everyone who wasn't able to get a system on Day One(week one) because you held them back are also out there trying to get the console...so now mom/pop/grams is battling Johnny Gamer for a console and mom/pop/grams is SOL since Johnny Gamer is the one who camped outside their Best Buy for a day and a half waiting for that initial shipment, store opens at 9 am...all 20 ps4' sold out by 9:30am...mom/pop/grams goes by at 6pm after work...oh well...
Maybe they don't want someone to go into a store looking for a PS4, finding it unavailable and picking up a X1 or WiiU instead, especially parents. In any case, it doesn't seem good to release a product and then have none on shelves. If that was the case they should've announced it would only be available for preorder until a date it's actually on shelves.

Not sure they're holding back shipments. I took their words to mean they're just holding back PS4's from the preorders, but still being shipped to retailers at same time. I see no reason to hold back actual shipments.

I have Gamestop credit that I was saving towards getting the console if I am to get one.  fuck me I probably will.

I hate to go to stores to pre-order though and if I'm going to get it then why not on release day.  When is release day anyway?; I'll have to check.

I would wait for a deal but who knows when that will be.  Sometimes these bundles can be pretty much just as good.  Was going to trade my 360 to Gamestop too to get money off but I bought some games during their sale that I hardly even played.  So I'll probably keep it now.

Hmmm...  What to do.

And are they going to put out GTA5 on this?   I saw no point for it to not be a next-gen game when they only come out once every 5 years at best.

I think I'm keeping my DS4 bundle over the standard system just so I have a DS4 to dedicate to the Vita TV once they update it to support it.

Sadly we dictate very little with the consoles now a days and Sony/MS want the casuals/bros/soccer moms far more.
I'm just wondering: when has the most expensive system done the best? To my knowledge, going by past generations, the less expensive ones always did better. Not trying to start a flame war with anyone, but I just don't see how the Xbox One will outsell the PS4. I couldn't care less about which console sells however much; it's just interesting to watch unfold.

The question is, who gives a shit? I'm not profiting off their sales...
That kind of split hasn't been seen since the PS2/Xbox Original generation. See which one got the majority of development attention and exclusives.

I'm just wondering: when has the most expensive system done the best? To my knowledge, going by past generations, the less expensive ones always did better. Not trying to start a flame war with anyone, but I just don't see how the Xbox One will outsell the PS4. I couldn't care less about which console sells however much; it's just interesting to watch unfold.
OMG Someone who knows something about gaming instead of flipping!

This post is pretty spot on. I'm done with Microsoft myself. Forcing you to get Kinect? See ya!

bread's done
Back