PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So does anyone know how Wal-mart stores are going to handle taking more pre-orders than they can fulfill? I went to a store earlier this week that had probably over 100 tickets for both PS4 and XB1 in their main isle, and I have a hard time believing they have that many left, if they're even getting that many in in the first place...

So does anyone know how Wal-mart stores are going to handle taking more pre-orders than they can fulfill? I went to a store earlier this week that had probably over 100 tickets for both PS4 and XB1 in their main isle, and I have a hard time believing they have that many left, if they're even getting that many in in the first place...
Pre-orders are through the layaway system. Every order has a name, address and phone number attached. Tickets will be attached to systems as the come in and held in back. Competent departments will hold systems according to the date the account was opened. If the associate at the site-to-store desk scans a ticket and it says sale not allowed but they push it through anyway you might not get a system day 1 . . . if no such error occurs don't worry about it. We got a message last week that PS4 pre-sales were closed. I don't know if that was regional or national, but we hadn't taken a new pre-order in over a month when we got the message.

Say I decide to return my Amazon PS4, will it be 30 day return period, will there be a stocking fee? I don't see anything related to console returns on their site.

Say I decide to return my Amazon PS4, will it be 30 day return period, will there be a stocking fee? I don't see anything related to console returns on their site.
Assuming their return policy is the same for (almost) all of their other products, I would say no, there is no restocking fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what size; 2.5" vs 3.5", and the rpm; 5400 vs 7200, is in the ps4? I would like to upgrade it since there's a lot of f2p games i would like to play and because i have ps+

2.5 laptop harddrive in the ps3.

same for ps4 I believe. at least I hope so I can switch them out.
I would assume 2.5" just cuz the size of the ps4 is smaller so i doubt there's a larger hdd. I would think they're using 7200 rpm now but I don't know if they comfired it?

Why would you do that?

But the answer is you'll be charged on the return. It won't be a lot but you will be charged probably $20. Sounds like a silly thing to do though. Either you want it or you don't. Amazon is not some kind of free rental program.

Why would you do that?

But the answer is you'll be charged on the return. It won't be a lot but you will be charged probably $20. Sounds like a silly thing to do though. Either you want it or you don't. Amazon is not some kind of free rental program.
maybe he wanted to resell and will return it if he fails to resell?

Why would you do that?

What is the charge for? Restocking or shipment fee?

What is the charge for? Restocking or shipment fee?
Items that are damaged, missing parts, not in the original condition, or have obvious signs of use for reasons not due to an Amazon.com error. Refund: Up to 50% of the item's price <---I guess they do charge a restocking fee if you used the item now.

Plus whatever the cost to ship it back to them with tracking and insurance(Amazon is not responsible for lost or damage before the item arrives at their warehouse).

BSq9JBQ.png

The wireless controller can be used wireless or wired. Just stick a USB cable into the PS4 and a Mini-USB into the DualShock 4. That's the way it was with PS3 and the same with PS4.

Oh. Whew. Now I feel like I sounded too melodramatic in my previous post. Thanks for that great news! Still on the PS4 train then! :razz:
Plugging the USB cable in does nothing more than charge the controller.

On the Xbox One plugging the USB cable in will actually turn the wireless radios off, and all data will be sent through the cable. So if latency is the issue, you may want to go Xbox One. Honestly though unless your super competitive it doesn't make much of a difference.

On the Xbox One plugging the USB cable in will actually turn the wireless radios off, and all data will be sent through the cable. So if latency is the issue, you may want to go Xbox One. Honestly though unless your super competitive it doesn't make much of a difference.
It also syncs the DS3 if it happens to need it.

If that were true then why does the DualShock 3 need to re-sync with the PS3 if you remove the wire? I would think that's because the wireless radios were turned off and are now turning on.

Aww, decided to go with a target.com bundle back on 9/7 on their site. Sent a vague email to me tonight saying that due to a problem with my order, they cancelled it. No details at all.

Wow, sucks duder. Don't know why I feel this way, but I think there's gonna be plenty of both systems for all this Xmas. And if there isn't, I fully expect there to be by at least January.

fuck (But thanks for the info.)

If that were true then why does the DualShock 3 need to re-sync with the PS3 if you remove the wire? I would think that's because the wireless radios were turned off and are now turning on.
Thanks for mentioning all these things. Did some googling and came across this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Will-Dualshock-4-also-be-wired-When-plugged-in-will-signal/td-p/41406163

Ignoring the discussions about tin foil hats and EMR, seems like maybe BT radios are turned off if connected via usb (at least for the DS3/PS3)?

Does Costco even carry consoles and games anymore? The two big ones I shop at in the Northern VA area have no gaming stuff at all on the floor.
They usually still carry the most popular games and consoles near Xmas. So I'd say 50/50 chance of them carrying PS4 at launch.

We are getting the PS4/XB1.

Now if it will be a bundle or even at launch time is still unknown currently.

This is about Costco just so everyone knows.

Is everywhere sold out of this? I'm trying to help my brother find one because all his local stores are sold out.

I know procrastinating killed him, but Jesus, EVERYWHERE?

If you guys have a Fry's Electronics around dont forget to check there. Was at my local one and they said they're still taking preorders. $100 minimum to preorder. This was at the Fremont, CA location.

If you guys have a Fry's Electronics around dont forget to check there. Was at my local one and they said they're still taking preorders. $100 minimum to preorder. This was at the Fremont, CA location.
Ahh, we actually do have a Fry's. It's a good 50 min drive, but that'll be on him of he wants to do that or not haha

Costco will probably be a bundle whenever it comes out. When 360 launched it was a bundle: Premium 360, extra wireless controller, play and charge kit, Kameo for ~$480. Remember buying that and it was actually cheaper than buying it all separately. 

Costco will probably be a bundle whenever it comes out. When 360 launched it was a bundle: Premium 360, extra wireless controller, play and charge kit, Kameo for ~$480. Remember buying that and it was actually cheaper than buying it all separately.

That's what is being thought but we have zero confirmation on what it will actually be.

Well I just got an e-mail from Amazon that my standard edition pre-order has now been officially upgraded to a launch edition (even though my delivery date had already gotten moved up to the 15th).

bread's done
Back