PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Ahh didnt catch that part. So why is it called a pre order bonus then? Silly marketing.

Either way, my other points are still valid. Also does having that map pack on ps3 translate to ps4 when you digital upgrade?
Because it's still a preorder bonus, but not exclusive to preorders.

They do on the Xbox One, so I would say yeah. Not going to look into it, since it would be stupid on EA's part not to.

Guys, I'll get to the US at november 20th, do you think I'll be able to buy a ps4 at this time or will it be sold out everywhere? Maybe they're saving some units for the black friday?

So let me get this straight, I can get BF4 for $30 on the ps3, then upgrade to a digital/hard copy for $10 more?
If you wait till black friday and don't mind going to GameStop, then yes you can. However, you need to be aware that the "upgraded" version is wildly impractical and might be worth the $20 extra dollars or waiting for the PS4 versions to go cheaper.

Reasons it's impractical:

• Your upgraded version will be digital and you must download it. Battlefield 3 was 18 gb, so you're looking at no less than an 18 gb download.
  • To prevent you from ripping them off, the digital version requires you to insert the PS3 copy into your PS4 and can only be booted when the disc is inserted.

So if saving $20 dollars is worth a 18+ gb download and having to insert the disc every time you play, then it's a deal. If you find either of those things bad, then you should just wait or get the PS4 version.

If you wait till black friday and don't mind going to GameStop, then yes you can. However, you need to be aware that the "upgraded" version is wildly impractical and might be worth the $20 extra dollars or waiting for the PS4 versions to go cheaper.

Reasons it's impractical:

• Your upgraded version will be digital and you must download it. Battlefield 3 was 18 gb, so you're looking at no less than an 18 gb download.
  • To prevent you from ripping them off, the digital version requires you to insert the PS3 copy into your PS4 and can only be booted when the disc is inserted.

So if saving $20 dollars is worth a 18+ gb download and having to insert the disc every time you play, then it's a deal. If you find either of those things bad, then you should just wait or get the PS4 version.
what are you talking about? the upgrade is NOT digital only lol if you trade in current gen version you get next gen on a disc for 10 dollers

what are you talking about? the upgrade is NOT digital only lol if you trade in current gen version you get next gen on a disc for 10 dollers
Sony's official announcement only mentions digital upgrades. Other companies like Amazon might do a program like that, but I've only seen these confirmed for the Xbox One, so I am talking about the only promotion I know of. However, if you got evidence that says otherwise... please post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope someone steps up for ps3 to ps4 upgrades like they've done for Xbox, because Sony's method they've been promoting on psn is complete bunk.

I hope someone steps up for ps3 to ps4 upgrades like they've done for Xbox, because Sony's method they've been promoting on psn is complete bunk.
I agree it is a weak promotion, but I don't think anyone is going to come in with a new upgrade program at this point. If you really can't wait to buy the PS4 version, I would just sell or trade in the PS3 copy to help pay for a PS4 copy. Much better idea than their upgrade program if you ask me. You should be able to easily sell or maybe even trade in BF4, COD: Ghosts, or Black Flag for $40-45 a couple weeks after release.

I agree it is a weak promotion, but I don't think anyone is going to come in with a new upgrade program at this point. If you really can't wait to buy the PS4 version, I would just sell or trade in the PS3 copy to help pay for a PS4 copy. Much better idea than their upgrade program if you ask me. You should be able to easily sell or maybe even trade in BF4, COD: Ghosts, or Black Flag for $40-45 a couple weeks after release.
I've no interest in the games for current gen. The only reason I'd get them for ps3 is if there were an upgrade deal to make them ps4 for less than just buying the ps4 ones. The sony/psn method isn't happening for me, though, so I may end up playing those titles on Xbox One instead, even though the ps4 is meant to be my family's primary.

Uhh, I was referring to multiplats looking better on on the PS4. It was the other way around this gen.
But thats not actually true. If you read enough of these pointless tests / go off what people claim online, then you would see that it would constantly shift and rarely was one "truly" better. Most times it was something like better framerate on one, better textures on the other. Then people would need to make this "informed" choice.

Either or, it will be minor and it's nothing new.

NFS is going to get a lot of attention from PS4 owners now with the drive club delay. I hope ea releases a ps4 demo I really want to try it.

But thats not actually true. If you read enough of these pointless tests / go off what people claim online, then you would see that it would constantly shift and rarely was one "truly" better. Most times it was something like better framerate on one, better textures on the other. Then people would need to make this "informed" choice.

Either or, it will be minor and it's nothing new.
I can't think of too many games that were markedly better on the PS3, but I can think of quite a few that were markedly better on the 360. Starting with Rock Band, the game that made me buy a 360 in the first place due to how crappy the PS3 version was comparatively.

I imagine the same sorts of things will happen this next generation, but with Sony having the advantage.

I think for Sony is really comes down to how PSN/online gaming works to how well this system will do.

Personally, I plan to drop my PS4 preorder and buy in the future if it gets praise. 

I think for Sony is really comes down to how PSN/online gaming works to how well this system will do.

Personally, I plan to drop my PS4 preorder and buy in the future if it gets praise.
The more "info" I read, the more indecisive I get. I have both preordered, but I'm interested in seeing if the online community for PS4 becomes as die-hard for games as it seems to be currently on Xbox Live. Meaning, I have a 360 now and just went back to playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2--still several online games I can jump into on it even today. I think I tried Vegas or Vegas 2 on the PS3 a year ago and it was dead then. I usually have about 5-10 go-to games that I like to play randomly over the span of a few years--stuff that's always fun for a quick online gaming session. That's the one thing that has me keeping an eye on the Xbox One. If anyone has any thoughts or insight on this, that would be great. I'd sacrifice a few shiny pixels if it meant having the game not be dead to the world after six months.

I can't speak to too many on the PS3, but the Uncharted 3 online community is still huge and active after two years.  I'm guessing Last of Us will stay pretty strong as well.  Not sure about the multiplats.

Has anyone seen more reviews/info on the vita-like 'suspend the game' functionality on ps4?  After sitting through what feels like 10 minutes of startup time on AC3 a billion times I think I'm looking forward to this feature more than just about anything.

The more "info" I read, the more indecisive I get. I have both preordered, but I'm interested in seeing if the online community for PS4 becomes as die-hard for games as it seems to be currently on Xbox Live. Meaning, I have a 360 now and just went back to playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2--still several online games I can jump into on it even today. I think I tried Vegas or Vegas 2 on the PS3 a year ago and it was dead then. I usually have about 5-10 go-to games that I like to play randomly over the span of a few years--stuff that's always fun for a quick online gaming session. That's the one thing that has me keeping an eye on the Xbox One. If anyone has any thoughts or insight on this, that would be great. I'd sacrifice a few shiny pixels if it meant having the game not be dead to the world after six months.
360 has more poor folk so all they can afford is old games to play online.

The only 1up Xbox Live had over the PSN was cross game chat IMO. I consider myslef to be a big MP guy and I was very satisfied with online gaming on the PS3.

It's possible but like they said "subtly". Plus I wouldn't be surprised if some PS4 versions get slightly knocked down to create a parity between the two consoles.

http://gamingbolt.com/why-developers-will-once-again-aim-for-parity-on-ps4-and-xbox-one
That probably will happen and it will suck. Hopefully more devs will think like DICE.

"We'll still get the comparison videos, where somebody will judge us based on that, rather than comparing us to other games on the platforms. You could take the coward's way out, and just set the bar at Xbox 360 and PS3, and make it so that all games look the same on all platforms, but that's not who we are. We want to do our best with the hardware."

http://www.destructoid.com/dice-battlefield-4-platform-parity-the-cowards-way-out--263746.phtml

Lets see if they stay true to their words though.

I can't speak to too many on the PS3, but the Uncharted 3 online community is still huge and active after two years. I'm guessing Last of Us will stay pretty strong as well. Not sure about the multiplats.
That's like being surprised that Halo 3 is still active. Pack-in games sold with systems and large-scale first-party games are always going to be active.

Uhh, I was referring to multiplats looking better on on the PS4. It was the other way around this gen.
I'm not specifically an Xbox fanboy, as I have both systems, but the Xbox 360 was my primary. What has me switching this time to a PS4 possibly being my primary is due to the fact that Microsoft has done little to debunk the reports and gossip that are painting the PS4 as a more solid machine. It's almost a complete re-do of last generation with Microsoft making the mistakes and Sony taking the higher road. Many of these issues may just be driver issues with the Xbox One at launch, but if they won't fight these rumors it may be because they just can't promise it. It almost looks like they rushed the console to be done to launch next to Sony's (not announcing a date until late to see if they can actually do it, bungling of their PR, lack of market research to see how the kinect requirement would fair).

I'm a fair-weather fan when it comes to money so I'm trying the PS4 first this time and will get an Xbox One a bit later. The Xbox One may ultimately be better at one point but at launch Sony seems to have their act together now.

Now back to the topic of the thread. I have from three sources that Gamestop will be opening pre-orders for the PS4 soon. When I feel comfortable with the facts I'll post them here. Here are some hints: pre-order truck mobile command center. It's a plan weird enough I want to be sure before I write it up.

To those that pre-ordered directly with the Sony Store, if you don't see your order online anymore. You need to call in to confirm with them that it is still in the system. They recently did a sitewide upgrade and it might have removed some or all orders from being tracked online.

Some countries got Vegas 2 earlier on Xbox.

This is one of the reasons why I stayed Xbox this generation, but if you look at the PS4 install base based solely on pre-orders of the system alone it should be flipped this Gen.

Killzone Shadowfall has gone gold!!!! Next Gen is only 24 days away!!!!  :whee:

Side note:

I went to pre-order Rivals and found out it releases on the 22nd. WTF is up with that? Lame, EA better not pull that shit with BF4.

This is one of the reasons why I stayed Xbox this generation, but if you look at the PS4 install base based solely on pre-orders of the system alone it should be flipped this Gen.
360 did not have amazing pre orders and we seen how htat turned out and pre orders don't = sales. reason why 360 became big this last gen is because games of like cod and other games that ms got deals with. i hate to say it but cod is biggest game in industry and xbox has deals for that game and you would be shocked how people go crazy just to get a map pack a month early.

im not saying it's possible for ps4 to take over like 360 did but in the end for the people that don't pre order are the ones that care about that stuff and the name of products which will help xbox one after pre orders are done. Another thing is most ps4 pre orders happend ater the news of the old policies o x1 came out.

Just saw a post by Tradesmart store that they will be doing physical trade-in's for ps3-ps4 upgrade program, so the 4 games listed by Sony.  The ad says it will go through 11/30, which gives enough time to do the Black Friday deal.  Just thought I would let anyone know that has a tradesmart near by (I'm in Denver) to take advantage of this instead of the download!

360 did not have amazing pre orders and we seen how htat turned out and pre orders don't = sales. reason why 360 became big this last gen is because games of like cod and other games that ms got deals with. i hate to say it but cod is biggest game in industry and xbox has deals for that game and you would be shocked how people go crazy just to get a map pack a month early.
360 became big because it was released an entire year before PS3 along with it being a cheaper console, not a Call of Duty map pack deal that didn't start until 2010. Most people only buy one console and It's difficult to wait unless you are a big fan of one brand over another. I knew literally one person who decided to wait and get a PS3, everyone else I know jumped on 360 in 2005, regardless of what console they owned before that. When Sony launched the PS3 a year later, a lot of people had already bought a new console within the last year and Sony didn't help themselves with their pricing.

This time around, Microsoft screwed up big time at E3 by revealing a higher price point than PS4 along with policies that people didn't like including forcing Kinect, always online, used game policy. People were pretty upset about it and even though Microsoft eventually changed their stance on these things, it still rubbed people the wrong way. On the other hand, Sony had a much better showing at E3, other than when they slipped in the fact that playing online would no longer be free, but I think most people didn't hear that bit and found out later. Everyone I know who is getting a next gen console at launch is getting a PS4. A lot of people just get what their friends have, so the early adopters will influence purchases next year and years to come.

360 became big because it was released an entire year before PS3 along with it being a cheaper console, not a Call of Duty map pack deal that didn't start until 2010. Most people only buy one console and It's difficult to wait unless you are a big fan of one brand over another. I knew literally one person who decided to wait and get a PS3, everyone else I know jumped on 360 in 2005, regardless of what console they owned before that. When Sony launched the PS3 a year later, a lot of people had already bought a new console within the last year and Sony didn't help themselves with their pricing.

This time around, Microsoft screwed up big time at E3 by revealing a higher price point than PS4 along with policies that people didn't like including forcing Kinect, always online, used game policy. People were pretty upset about it and even though Microsoft eventually changed their stance on these things, it still rubbed people the wrong way. On the other hand, Sony had a much better showing at E3, other than when they slipped in the fact that playing online would no longer be free, but I think most people didn't hear that bit and found out later. Everyone I know who is getting a next gen console at launch is getting a PS4. A lot of people just get what their friends have, so the early adopters will influence purchases next year and years to come.
Exactly. Who wants to be the guy who got a PS3 while all your other friends got the 360? Obviously most will go with the system their friend has. That's what I did. I waited until 2008 to get a PS3.

I really wish people would stop comparing pre-orders of next gen to those of the last one.

No one really even let you pre-order 360 outside of Gamestop. Not many Game Crazys even let you pre-order and i know Best Buy, Target Aamzon etc did not do pre-orders back in 2005-2006.

I really wish people would stop comparing pre-orders of next gen to those of the last one.

No one really even let you pre-order 360 outside of Gamestop. Not many Game Crazys even let you pre-order and i know Best Buy, Target Aamzon etc did not do pre-orders back in 2005-2006.
*grandpa voice* Back in my day, you had to line up to get your system! We had to wait outside in the cold weather with nothing but hopes of a new generation of systems in our mind!

Hey guys on a side note. Amazon sent me a new e-mail today, adding $10 Amazon credit to my account for the Watch Dogs bundle being changed to just the system since the delay. If you ordered one through Amazon you may have the e-mail already or will get it.

Amazon just send an email giving me a $10 Credit for a PS4 game since they had to cancel their Watch Dogs Bundle.

:)

Dear Amazon Customer,

To make up for the inconvenience of changing your PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs Bundle pre-order to a PlayStation 4 Launch Edition, we've added a $10 promotional credit to your account.

This promotional credit is redeemable for Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, and FIFA 14, as well as other select PlayStation 4 games when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. To see all qualifying items, click on the "here" link above.

Your available promotional balance will be automatically deducted from your next eligible purchase. The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time. Offer may be redeemed once per customer. If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, or you cancel your pre-order, the promotion will not apply. Offer expires on 11/22/2013. The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.

Thank you for pre-ordering with Amazon.com.

The Amazon Video Games Team

This time around, Microsoft screwed up big time at E3 by revealing a higher price point than PS4 along with policies that people didn't like including forcing Kinect, always online, used game policy. People were pretty upset about it and even though Microsoft eventually changed their stance on these things, it still rubbed people the wrong way.
Not only that, but I think a lot of potential buyers just tuned out after they heard the news about Microsoft's original plan for the Xbox One. I still encounter people who don't even know they reversed a lot of those policies; these people had decided to get a PS4 and that's that. Microsoft had one chance to make a first impression and they blew it. The fact that they actually thought a majority of buyers would go along with half the stuff they were proposing illustrates the extent of how ignorant they are of their target market's desires, IMO.

I really wish people would stop judge how a system will do in the life span on pre orders people talking like they can tell the feature

Not only that, but I think a lot of potential buyers just tuned out after they heard the news about Microsoft's original plan for the Xbox One. I still encounter people who don't even know they reversed a lot of those policies; these people had decided to get a PS4 and that's that. Microsoft had one chance to make a first impression and they blew it. The fact that they actually thought a majority of buyers would go along with half the stuff they were proposing illustrates the extent of how ignorant they are of their target market's desires, IMO.
You really think come next Xmas when the real numbers count will happen that people will remember what used to be in the system when it was first amount. The big money will be made on these things next Xmas when they can be found in stores and more next gen only games are out for them. Majority of gamers are not rushing out to buy a next gen system to play their call of booty on when it's the same gnaw for system they already have. This day and age it's all about what people fronds have or getting and right now when it comes to ads ms is kicking behind In that right now.

bread's done
Back