PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I'm glad Amazon came through today after all the Target junk I posted. I did order a PS4 with BF4 from Amazon.. tempted now to cancel Target because I don't trust them, lol

I'm glad Amazon came through today after all the Target junk I posted. I did order a PS4 with BF4 from Amazon.. tempted now to cancel Target because I don't trust them, lol
I'm still tossed on keeping this. I didn't know which to get, BF4 or KZ. I would have just preferred a bundle of both games instead of PS+.

I'm still tossed on keeping this. I didn't know which to get, BF4 or KZ. I would have just preferred a bundle of both games instead of PS+.
i used my $10 credit for the Watch Dogs delay to order KZ. KZ is made for the PS4 and should showcase the power of the system.

BF4 is essentially the hires PC version on the PS4.

I see a lot of people selling preorders through eBay. I guess they're just changing the delivery address on their Amazon orders.

Would I be nuts for doing the same? With drive club and watchdogs delayed, I probably won't actually play my PS4 for awhile and making money instead of canceling the preorder is pretty tempting.

Pros? Cons?

I just got an email from Amazon saying the BF4 preorder is available, but when I went to the site it was still sold out. Anyone else get this email? Sorry if I'm duplicating a previous post- @ work and didn't have time to fully check the last 30 pages of posts.

I just got an email from Amazon saying the BF4 preorder is available, but when I went to the site it was still sold out. Anyone else get this email? Sorry if I'm duplicating a previous post- @ work and didn't have time to fully check the last 30 pages of posts.
You just missed it.

I was able to snatch one about half an hour ago

I see a lot of people selling preorders through eBay. I guess they're just changing the delivery address on their Amazon orders.

Would I be nuts for doing the same? With drive club and watchdogs delayed, I probably won't actually play my PS4 for awhile and making money instead of canceling the preorder is pretty tempting.

Pros? Cons?

Pros:

Profit for when you ready to buy the PS4 to keep

Cons:

You gonna pissed off lots of people here

So preorders are still going on amazon, just made a BF4 preorder for a christmas gift for my son, I also have a regular one paid off that is going to be for me?  Is Amazon going to be ok with this? or are they going to cancel one?

anybody else do this?

A couple of people I know IRL are considering putting their PS4 preorders on eBay instead of just cancelling them. Personally I would be way too nervous about being scammed somehow for the potential profit of what, $150 or so (?) to be worthwhile. But it's been a long time since I regularly sold on eBay so I don't know how safe it's considered these days.

selling on ebay is super easy and everything is done through paypal... so your funds are guaranteed once they are deposited in paypal.  You just have to make sure that they get you the funds before or near launch day... it would be simple and I get why people are doing it... just change delivery address, you get the money, pay the console off, and the buyer gets it on launch day...

A couple of people I know IRL are considering putting their PS4 preorders on eBay instead of just cancelling them. Personally I would be way too nervous about being scammed somehow for the potential profit of what, $150 or so (?) to be worthwhile. But it's been a long time since I regularly sold on eBay so I don't know how safe it's considered these days.
Its ridiculously easy to get scammed on ebay, I was planning on putting up my Xbox One pre-order but I'm having second thoughts, will probably just cancel.

don't, just go through paypal, and make sure to get the payment immidiately, then just have a tracking number for proof and you are fine, just sold my PS3 a month ago on there... smooth sailing!

I got in on the Amazon pre-order. Is it going to be delivered on the 15th or shipped on the 15th?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my exact fear as well, and I canceled my PS4 order just a few days ago.

Especially when it comes to this "changing shipping address" business with Amazon. You find a seller, get paid, change shipping address, Amazon ships it to new buyer, buyer claims he never received it. I've heard horror stories of Paypal siding with buyers very easily, so in that situation you'd be out both your PS4 and the $400 it cost you to buy on Amazon.

Not saying that would be a common occurrence or even that Paypal would side with the buyer, but for me the nervousness about even possibly getting scammed was not worth the $100-$200 profits after fees.

I have had Amazon ship things to the wrong address, if it didn't show up, they have refunded me the money, so even if someone did that, and won through paypal, I would dispute through Amazon...

However if you have tracking, that is the key, and the tracking shows it goes to the address listed in the order.  Ebay and paypal will most likely side with you.  you have a lot of safety with Amazon, ebay, and paypal being involved.  Now if this was craigslist or selling privately, then you have no guarantee!

Honestly the only ones that should be somewhat hesitant are the buyers... but that is the risk you take on that end.

I have had Amazon ship things to the wrong address, if it didn't show up, they have refunded me the money, so even if someone did that, and won through paypal, I would dispute through Amazon...
Good luck getting that refund on a $400 item, especially after you explain that the address it didn't show up at wasn't your address, but some stranger you sold your order to. :lol:

Back when Amazon messed up the Batman AC CE price at 60. I resold it on Amazon for $100 and changed the shipping address. Didnt have an issue with free release day delivery. Even asked the guy if he was cool with everything and he said absolutely.

I just sold my PS4 the other day for $600 on ebay with free release day shipping. Sold within 12 hours of being listed. Changed the address and plan on doing the same thing. Actually I already have updated the address. Then I will upload the tracking that Amazon gives me whenever available. Honestly not too worried about it.

If you want eBay protection, you need to include signature confirmation for anything greater than $250.  UPS doesn't always require signature confirmation.  Hell, when I bought my Black Friday Xbox console from Amazon the delivery man just left my console at the doorstep without even knocking.  So what could happen is if your buyer never ends up signing for your package, they could just claim INR and your tracking confirmation wouldn't do you much good since you were supposed to include signature confirmation.  eBay would not reimburse you and the buyer would get to keep a free console at your expense.

If you go the eBay route, I would recommend you to just ship the console yourself and pay for the signature confirm. If this is a domestic sale, it's not like you're gonna save yourself $100 by drop shipping anyway.

amazon just changed fss to $35 minimum. won't be surprised they charge for gift address in the near future. a lot people are going to get scammed and chargebacks this holiday season. 

If you want eBay protection, you need to include signature confirmation for anything greater than $250. UPS doesn't always require signature confirmation. Hell, when I bought my Black Friday Xbox console from Amazon the delivery man just left my console at the doorstep without even knocking. So what could happen is if your buyer never ends up signing for your package, they could just claim INR and your tracking confirmation wouldn't do you much good since you were supposed to include signature confirmation. eBay would not reimburse you and the buyer would get to keep a free console at your expense.

If you go the eBay route, I would recommend you to just ship the console yourself and pay for the signature confirm. If this is a domestic sale, it's not like you're gonna save yourself $100 by drop shipping anyway.
This is really good advice. I always use things like tracking and insurance, but it never occurred to me to add an extra protection in signature confirmation. Thanks for the tip!

Also, I would NEVER sell a preorder and just change the shipping from my address to the buyer's; too many chances for being scammed. Even though more expensive, its better to just get it shipped to you, then reship to the buyer.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Ebay in terms of seller protection (used to sell a lot there years ago, but not recently). I'll have to be cautious when I go back to selling there in the near future!

I have a preorder at gamestop that I've had since June 16th but every time I've gone in there it has left me less than assured they know what they are doing. I have the PS4 entirely paid off with an extra controller and battlefield 4 there. When the knack launch bundle came up the other day I snagged it on Amazon too.

At the moment I am thinking that if Amazon comes through I will go in to GameStop on launch day and get the game and controller and tell them to refund me for the console. I'll then put a Squaretrade warranty with accident coverage on the PS4 from Amazon instead of getting the Gamestop warranty. 

So couple questions: How is Squaretrade's warranty vs Gamestop's? Will Gamestop give me a difficult time with the refund on the console based on the fact that it was partly paid for with trade in credit through promotions etc? Is this a solid plan? Are we there yet?

I sold a GPU on Amazon. I always let the buyer know after they buy that I ship with tracking and Sig confirmation. Then I add if they have an issue with it to let me know in 24-48 hrs, and if they don't I will be shipping it out. Usually costs me around $10-15 total. I've done that CPUs also.

don't beshocked ifmore stores start to open pre orders seems like sony is really trying to get as manyof these things out as possible which can only be bad news for people with 40 of these things on order to just sell.

Ghosts is really 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbox One???
itruns 1080p onboths systems and pc who knows if it's true 1080 p or up converted to be honest the new engine they say is new looks the same as mw2 did. the only diff according to iw from this next to next gen is the lighting in the game so i highly doudt most people will see a diff.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back