PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Is COD going to have Cross Platform Servers or something? I honestly can't see that game having a very large community for the PS4. I imagine most people will be buying the last gen versions, and those who do upgrade will probably be getting it on the Xbox One. I know between having Killzone, and BF4, there's going to be a very crowded launch with FPS's.

Is COD going to have Cross Platform Servers or something? I honestly can't see that game having a very large community for the PS4. I imagine most people will be buying the last gen versions, and those who do upgrade will probably be getting it on the Xbox One. I know between having Killzone, and BF4, there's going to be a very crowded launch with FPS's.
only thing that is for sure is stats on 360 going over to x1 they have yet to say i they will transfer from ps3-ps4 and can't play cross gen.

So is the consensus that BF4 or COD: Ghosts is the better game for PS4? I'm still not sure which one to get. I mean, I'll probably get both eventually but I'm already picking up Killzone and possibly Knack at launch too so I'm trying to minimize the damage to my wallet.

So is the consensus that BF4 or COD: Ghosts is the better game for PS4? I'm still not sure which one to get. I mean, I'll probably get both eventually but I'm already picking up Killzone and possibly Knack at launch too so I'm trying to minimize the damage to my wallet.
bf has 64 players and cod still has the typical 16 players. i have played bf3 on pc with 64 players since it came out and love the giant games but on other hand cod is fun to just grab tons of friends and play in a run and shoot game. im getting bf4 for pc and ghost for next gen.

?

Is anywhere in the US pre-selling the darn accessories yet? I need a vertical stand, and would like to get the official Dualshock 4 charging station, but neither official products are showing anywhere I've looked. You can order them in the UK, curiously. Amazon.co.uk has them, but won't ship them internationally.

So, is Walmart confirmed to be holding pre orders for people with money down on ps4? Or is it just a free for all, whoever stands in line the longest/has the least outside responsibilities?

So, is Walmart confirmed to be holding pre orders for people with money down on ps4? Or is it just a free for all, whoever stands in line the longest/has the least outside responsibilities?
i would never trust wall mart with pre orders after the horror stores we had on this site at wii u launch. heck i would not trust any retail this time of year with all the new people they hire for xmas season which is why i will be at best buy at midnight on launch night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anywhere in the US pre-selling the darn accessories yet? I need a vertical stand, and would like to get the official Dualshock 4 charging station, but neither official products are showing anywhere I've looked. You can order them in the UK, curiously. Amazon.co.uk has them, but won't ship them internationally.
Gamestop's website has a vertical stand and a few charging stations. I believe the one made by PowerA is the "official" one.

Gamestop's are starting to get the DS4 now and a few have been seeing the camera too. You can even use the in stock checker on the Gamestop website too. Unfortunately, none of either in my area for 100 miles at this time...maybe tomorrow though when I actually get paid.

Anyone know if Gamestop/BB/Amazon will offer PS4's with anymore than the typical 30 day store return policy?

My sister is getting one for her boyfriend for xmas and by the time xmas comes, the 30 day return policy will be over. With launch consoles, you never know if there will be issues, so she was concerned about that.

Do you guys suppose the PS4 Eye Camera will be going on sale sometime shortly after launch in hopes of getting more people to use it? I was going to get one but I'm thinking I might just get another game instead at launch and wait for a sale on the camera.

Anyone know if Gamestop/BB/Amazon will offer PS4's with anymore than the typical 30 day store return policy?

My sister is getting one for her boyfriend for xmas and by the time xmas comes, the 30 day return policy will be over. With launch consoles, you never know if there will be issues, so she was concerned about that.
GameStop has an extended holiday return policy for all purchases until 1/2014. Target and Best Buy most likely will have extended holiday return policies again.

Do you guys suppose the PS4 Eye Camera will be going on sale sometime shortly after launch in hopes of getting more people to use it? I was going to get one but I'm thinking I might just get another game instead at launch and wait for a sale on the camera.
Do any launch games even make use of the camera besides the pre-installed playroom game?

It's an assumption, given how popular the Call of Duty, series has been on the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3 it wouldn't be far fetched to expect people to just upgrade with the series and continue to play it on Xbox. I know I can name a bunch of people I know getting it for Xbox One, after having played them on the 360.

GameStop has an extended holiday return policy for all purchases until 1/2014. Target and Best Buy most likely will have extended holiday return policies again.

Do any launch games even make use of the camera besides the pre-installed playroom game?
The PS4 counts toward that return policy?

i would never trust wall mart with pre orders after the horror stores we had on this site at wii u launch. heck i would not trust any retail this time of year with all the new people they hire for xmas season which is why i will be at best buy at midnight on launch night.
I don't seem to remember any bad stories about the Wii U last year at wal-mart. In fact many people were able to get them before the street date.

It really shouldn't be a problem as the units will be taken over to lay away when they come in.

I don't remember anyone having trouble with preorders at Wal-Mart.

Has this been confirmed? I was talking to a gamestop employee (yeah I know) and he told me they're going to get stock for walk ins too, per what a scea rep told them. This sounds crazy, especially for gamestop.

Has this been confirmed? I was talking to a gamestop employee (yeah I know) and he told me they're going to get stock for walk ins too, per what a scea rep told them. This sounds crazy, especially for gamestop.
I forget their name (dude with the cat typing on a keyboard) has said his store is only getting enough to fill pre-orders and others have said the same thing for their stores so take it for what its worth.

Gamestop's are starting to get the DS4 now and a few have been seeing the camera too. You can even use the in stock checker on the Gamestop website too. Unfortunately, none of either in my area for 100 miles at this time...maybe tomorrow though when I actually get paid.
Right, but no official stands or official charging stations. Sony's 1st party stands and charging stations are so much nicer than everyone else's!

Just got a call from my GameStop. They too are doing a "launch party" the week before for people to finish trade ins to pay for their systems. They also said they're giving out numbers for the order that they'll pass out the systems on the 15th. Guy said if you come get a number you just show up at midnight pick it up and go. Others will have to show up way ahead of time and then wait behind people with numbers.

Picked up a DS4 today

9ebury8u.jpg
e4yva4yv.jpg

Just got a call from my GameStop. They too are doing a "launch party" the week before for people to finish trade ins to pay for their systems. They also said they're giving out numbers for the order that they'll pass out the systems on the 15th. Guy said if you come get a number you just show up at midnight pick it up and go. Others will have to show up way ahead of time and then wait behind people with numbers.
Why wouldnt they just go in order of reserve...? Thats how its always worked at the other stores I shopped at, even the store I worked at went that way

Really hope mine isn't doing that way

I forget their name (dude with the cat typing on a keyboard) has said his store is only getting enough to fill pre-orders and others have said the same thing for their stores so take it for what its worth.
Yeah, figures. I hope he wasn't pulling my leg though, he's my last hope lol.

A launch party two weeks before? LOL

[quote name="RiceQuakes" post="11160270" timestamp="1382666496"]
What does it feel like? I think the 360 is the most comfortable. Is it similar? Did they fix those awful R2/L2 triggers?[/quote]
It feels high quality. Much more so than either the PS3 or 360 controllers. The awful triggers are no longer awful, and the light at the top looks pretty sweet. My only gripe is that Sony stuck with the inferior (IMO) symmetrical analog sticks. The sticks themselves are much better shaped than the PS3's convex analog sticks.

Another picture:
ata6uhe8.jpg

It feels high quality. Much more so than either the PS3 or 360 controllers. The awful triggers are no longer awful, and the light at the top looks pretty sweet. My only gripe is that Sony stuck with the inferior (IMO) symmetrical analog sticks. The sticks themselves are much better shaped than the PS3's convex analog sticks.
Thanks for the details! Ugh, I wish the PS4 was already out. I need to get my hands on it! :D

It feels high quality. Much more so than either the PS3 or 360 controllers. The awful triggers are no longer awful, and the light at the top looks pretty sweet. My only gripe is that Sony stuck with the inferior (IMO) symmetrical analog sticks. The sticks themselves are much better shaped than the PS3's convex analog sticks.Another picture:
ata6uhe8.jpg

Ouya is ooo yuck!

I have a problem with buttons sticking, and the triggers not working on my DS3 controllers (yes I clean them) Does it feel like it will be issue with these?

I don't remember anyone having trouble with preorders at Wal-Mart.
read the wii u thread and you would see hwo people said they seen people being told their system was given out before they had time to pick up pre order. i just don't trust any retailer at this time of year with all hte new people i don't even trust the xmas people my store hires i have seen mistakes they have made on simple things. i already took off for x1 release day so i can be in line by mid afternoon before launch.

I have a problem with buttons sticking, and the triggers not working on my DS3 controllers (yes I clean them) Does it feel like it will be issue with these?

I've never had that issue with the DS3s, so I can't say exactly. However, the buttons on the DS4 feel more crisp and clicky in comparison to the buttons on the DS3, which feel a tad spongy.

PS4 accessories are not street dated in GS, so we can sell them whenever they arrive. Just got the cameras in today as well. Smaller than I thought they would be, just slightly longer than the length of the controller.

read the wii u thread and you would see hwo people said they seen people being told their system was given out before they had time to pick up pre order. i just don't trust any retailer at this time of year with all hte new people i don't even trust the xmas people my store hires i have seen mistakes they have made on simple things. i already took off for x1 release day so i can be in line by mid afternoon before launch.
You are going to wait 9+ hours in line for a console you have pre ordered?

I've never had that issue with the DS3s, so I can't say exactly. However, the buttons on the DS4 feel more crisp and clicky in comparison to the buttons on the DS3, which feel a tad spongy.
That's because the DS3 buttons are pressure sensitive, and the DS4 has dropped that.

PS4 accessories are not street dated in GS, so we can sell them whenever they arrive. Just got the cameras in today as well. Smaller than I thought they would be, just slightly longer than the length of the controller.
Yeah? I'll have to see if mine has them in. I wouldn't mind picking up a camera now.

Why wouldnt they just go in order of reserve...? Thats how its always worked at the other stores I shopped at, even the store I worked at went that way

Really hope mine isn't doing that way
That's what I was hoping for as well. He did say that they would have enough to cover preorders. I was first to preorder at my store, but as long as I have one held for me, I don't mind if I'm actually the first to pick it up. I'd prefer waiting and picking it up on the 15th since I have to work that day anyway.

bread's done
Back