PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

It sucks because every port is going for $60. Lego Marvel is $30 on PC, $50 for other consoles except for next gen which is $60.
And I can't imagine seeing much of a difference with that port. On the PC it runs well enough at 1080p but it still has some noticeable screen tearing with v-sync turned on.

Wonder what would happen if you return 2 to Amazon. At Target, if you return two, you keep the free one for 40 bucks.
Target prorates things, so they equally distribute the total cost across 3 items.

60 + 60 + 0 = $120

40 + 40 + 40 = $120

Most places will do prorate returns, so I am certain Amazon would be the same.

Target prorates things, so they equally distribute the total cost across 3 items.

60 + 60 + 0 = $120

40 + 40 + 40 = $120

Most places will do prorate returns, so I am certain Amazon would be the same.
Sounds good to me! I have credit at Amazon, so I'd rather spend there. Let's hope it actually happens.

I have both systems preordered at amazon but I'm a little weary. The last four packages I've ordered from amazon have been lost or delivered to other states. Not sure if they are mislabeling items or its UPS but I'm in Illinois and my wwe2k ended up in new jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so screwed... Here in south Carolina nobody is doing any pretty orders for a ps4 and there gonna be impossible to find at launch. I just wish I could pre order it before launch so it doe sent drive me crazy..

I have both systems preordered at amazon but I'm a little weary. The last four packages I've ordered from amazon have been lost or delivered to other states. Not sure if they are mislabeling items or its UPS but I'm in Illinois and my wwe2k ended up in new jersey.
I'm in NJ. If I end up with your Xbox One - thanks!

I'm so screwed... Here in south Carolina nobody is doing any pretty orders for a ps4 and there gonna be impossible to find at launch. I just wish I could pre order it before launch so it doe sent drive me crazy..
dat iphone post?

New guy with two posts and an account for an hour... Exactly who I want to sell this second launch day pre-order to! :whee:

New guy with two posts and an account for an hour... Exactly who I want to sell this second launch day pre-order to! :whee:
Yea, I don't get it when people go around asking for someones else amzn pre-order. too much risk involve for the sender for little to no gain with potential for huge losses. imo, only change/give away your amzn pre-order to people/family that you know personally and lives within distance.

Just wanted to point out. No DLNA support. NO MP3 support. No .mkv support. Pretty big deal.
This bothered me at first but because it supports Cinavia DLNA is almost useless to me anyway. MP3 support I never used.

Being as the PS3 grew to be many people's main home theater device though I can see it being a big deal.

I just don't know many use cases for DLNA Video if they have Cinavia. Maybe things like playon?

The guy who made the video doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

Both of these companies have had networks that don't need to drastically change to support more powerful consoles.

I don't think its entirely hidden that Sony originally intended to have DRM and pulled it or didn't have time to research it. However, to say that removing it causes network issues makes no sense.

However to try and say res was downscaled for network issues makes zero sense.

I wouldn't take anything this guy takes seriously.

The Sony Store is sending out confirmation emails right now for PS4 orders. They are also offering 5 year warranty protection for only $89.99 to those who ordered from them.

5-year Service Plan for Electronics

Sony Protection Plans are designed to provide coverage beyond the manufacturer’s limited warranty. And with hassle-free support provided by Sony, or carefully selected Sony-authorized service partners, you won’t have to worry about unexpected repair bills, shipping costs, or deductibles.

Plan Features:
  • Coverage begins the day of your product purchase so you can avoid unexpected repair bills
  • No Cap on coverage for mechanical or electrical component repairs
  • Service guarantee; if we can’t repair it, we’ll replace it
  • Protection from equipment failure due to a power surge or fluctuation
  • Access to Sony dedicated Protection Plan team members via our toll-free phone number

[quote name="RiceQuakes" post="11180895" timestamp="1383262182"]
Ugh. Why did I have to reserve at Wal-Mart/Target? :([/quote]I just wish I had a reserve in anywhere.

I paid just over 50 for a 3 yr warranty/accident protection plan.

Does it count from date of purchase or at the end of 1st year warranty from sony?? Is it reliable?

This probably won't apply to anyone else here, but just in case I wanted to share.

If you live in Virginia and preordered a PS4 when they were first available, you would have been given the impression you wouldn't be paying any tax because VA never had to pay tax on Amazon.

Until September 1st.

I noticed my DS4 was an odd price when it shipped and while I knew the tax was kicking in on September 1st, I was under the impression that, despite the fact that Amazon doesn't charge until it ships, if you had something preordered and "paid off" (I used Kindle cards) they wouldn't add it later.

Well I called Amazon customer service and they confirmed that they would be charging whatever the tax rate was in VA since they don't officially process the payments until it ships even if it's with credit. The guy said I was the first one he knew of to bring up this concern and had to get with his supervisor. He was really cool and had to play around on his calculator to find the exact price to lower it to so that the post-tax amount was $399.96.

Again, I know I'm in the minority with these circumstances but $20 is $20 and that was the sole reason I went with Amazon.

This probably won't apply to anyone else here, but just in case I wanted to share.

If you live in Virginia and preordered a PS4 when they were first available, you would have been given the impression you wouldn't be paying any tax because VA never had to pay tax on Amazon.

Until September 1st.

I noticed my DS4 was an odd price when it shipped and while I knew the tax was kicking in on September 1st, I was under the impression that, despite the fact that Amazon doesn't charge until it ships, if you had something preordered and "paid off" (I used Kindle cards) they wouldn't add it later.

Well I called Amazon customer service and they confirmed that they would be charging whatever the tax rate was in VA since they don't officially process the payments until it ships even if it's with credit. The guy said I was the first one he knew of to bring up this concern and had to get with his supervisor. He was really cool and had to play around on his calculator to find the exact price to lower it to so that the post-tax amount was $399.96.

Again, I know I'm in the minority with these circumstances but $20 is $20 and that was the sole reason I went with Amazon.
I had the same issue, NJ added tax to Amazon orders on July 1 and I've had mine pre-ordered since June. Never thought to call customer service, but I'll probably just let it sit, its not Amazon's fault. Maybe I can call Gov. Christie instead?

Until September 1st.

I am in the same boat (WV). I don't think I'm going to contact customer service because I have bad luck with getting them to do anything positive for me. I don't want to chance my PS4 pre-order getting bumped down for some reason.

We've all gotten away with no-tax purchases for many years, I'm in VA also and expect taxes for future purchases.  Though strangely, my PS4 preorder (going on Amazon credit) shows no tax at all on the order details.  If I get taxed, that's fine; had to happen sooner or later.

Does it count from date of purchase or at the end of 1st year warranty from sony?? Is it reliable?
The regular warranty kicks in after the 1 year sony warranty. That's why I got the accident protection plan, though. Just in case it goes out in the first year, and before I can send it to sony for 3 weeks if it were to accidentally fall down 3 flights of stairs, then squaretrade would have me covered within 5 days. You know, just in case.

amazon now has a warehouse in wi so starting tommow i get charged with tax. All that kind of sucks but i reported all my tax at end of year anyways so now i don't have to worry about that mess.

Got a 2nd pre order in at Fred Mayer. Can't wait to pick it up at midnight. Might use the target one for my Gf's sisters for Christmas

amazon now has a warehouse in wi so starting tommow i get charged with tax. All that kind of sucks but i reported all my tax at end of year anyways so now i don't have to worry about that mess.
This is the one instance where it being impractical to ship anything to Michigan where Michigan or Canada are not the final destination has paid off.

The regular warranty kicks in after the 1 year sony warranty. That's why I got the accident protection plan, though. Just in case it goes out in the first year, and before I can send it to sony for 3 weeks if it were to accidentally fall down 3 flights of stairs, then squaretrade would have me covered within 5 days. You know, just in case.
I personally hate squaretrade, was the biggest pain in the ass company to deal with, my phone broke and I sent it in, they returned it to me like 3 times, never fixing the issue. Would much prefer sony warranty!

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395844205215363072

MP3 Support, DLNA and more features to follow on 2nd PS4 update

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, No DLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch. We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

• Legacy headset support
  • Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
  • Suspend and resume play feature
All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today when Shuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback.

Source: http://couchjockeyz.com/mp3-support-dlna-and-more-features-to-follow-on-2nd-ps4-update/
:D

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/396109466300477440

World premieres and announcements... I wonder if Sony is ready to drop the bomb on what Naughty Dog's Uncharted Team is working on.

bread's done
Back