PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So what are any of you hearing about Best Buy Preorder Pickups? I preordered in store the first day they were available, my store is having a Midnight Launch, and I dont want to wait in line (thus, I preordered) but I want to pick it up at Midnight.

Best Buy Unboxed has most Best Buy Moderators saying that Preorders will be handled first, in the order they were received, and held for X amount of days until you pick it up.

Anyone else hearing differently at YOUR stores? I hear a lot of rumors about still having to wait in line, with those that dont have preorders, and stuff like that. ITs 2 weeks till launch, I would think Best Buy would release some official statement.
Mind you mine is at gamestop. But I called my GS manager friend and asked him about the pre-order thing asked him if it's cool if I just pick it up in the AM from him since I don't want to wait in line in the cold while being sick (assuming I'm still sick in 2 weeks here's to hopping not) But, he made a very good point. They only are getting in like 20 systems. All of which are/were pre-orders. No extras. So those 20 people get to come in first.So wait time would be like 15 mins lol.

Other words mate. Go to bestbuy bet you it won't take that long. Just show up at 11:59 and walk in with your email/paperslip/etc.. saying you got a pre-order. Wrost thing that happens you drive off and pick it up in the morning. Just use the time to swing by target to pick up b2g1 games from target ^^

Amazon is letting you sign up to be notified if the Launch Edition comes back in stock again, before the page said they didn't know when or if they would get any more, so that's a good sign. Hopefully there will be a restock soon with less than 2 weeks to go before launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question... pre-ordered the Killzone bundle from Gamestop with overnight shipping and they shipped the copy of Killzone 2 days ago. They charged me the $15.00 shipping charge on the game, making it about $80 bucks. They aren't going to charge me the $15 AGAIN when they ship the PS4, are they? I was under the assumption they'd just ship the game in the same box as the system.
I would contact CSR to make sure that doesn't happen.

Another sliver of info in this, seems that Bestbuy is expecting to have a few extra PS4s and Xbox ones at launch. Time to freeze all you people who didn't pre-order!
Unfortunately, this is what I am planning on doing. Took the 14th and 15th off so I can make sure I secure a ps4. Not sure when to get in line, was thinking wednesday night but I don't want to jump in line and get exhausted. I've never done this before.

I am just glad they are being upfront about it. Going to call around and see if I can size up the stock of multiple stores. Still hoping my gamestop can pull through for me and save me from the wait.

crunchewy, on 01 Nov 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:
So they are adding MP3. What about DNLA or whatever it is? What about iTunes format (forget what it is. AAC?) And of less importance, probably, Audio CDs.
That article quoted previously is kind from a suspect source. The article implied they were adding DLNA and MP3 support, but I haven't seen one other site back that claim, so I'm filing it as a rumor for now, though I HOPE its true.

We stream all our media to the ps3, and if I'm shelling out for a new system, I want it to at least have the same basic feature set as the previous one. its bad enough I have to leave the ps3 in our home theater because the new system doesn't support the old games. (And I'm 100% positive the new PS4 beast could easily run the old games if they made half an effort at compatibility.

I was kind of hoping backwards compatibility would have been rolled in as a PS+ feature/incentive.

(We've been PS+ members now for several years, and I don't see us dropping it anytime soon.)

Has anyone confirmed Best Buy is honoring the Target B2g1 on the ps4 games yet? we were only going to pick up AC4, but we'll pop for Knack and Killzone if we can snag the b2g1 deal on them.

Has anyone confirmed Best Buy is honoring the Target B2g1 on the ps4 games yet? we were only going to pick up AC4, but we'll pop for Knack and Killzone if we can snag the b2g1 deal on them.
This is always a YMMV thing. Best Buy's policy states they only match prices and not GC or Bundle deals.

So if you have had luck in the past with matching those types of deals, then you may have luck to get them to do it again.

Question... pre-ordered the Killzone bundle from Gamestop with overnight shipping and they shipped the copy of Killzone 2 days ago. They charged me the $15.00 shipping charge on the game, making it about $80 bucks. They aren't going to charge me the $15 AGAIN when they ship the PS4, are they? I was under the assumption they'd just ship the game in the same box as the system.
Yes, you will be charged 2x for shipping, as per their policy. From the help section:

Orders containing both pre-orders and in-stock merchandise will be broken into separate shipping groups. Each group will be shipped as soon as the merchandise becomes available. Handling charges will apply to each shipping group independently.

I realize the thread is past taking about the back of killzone: shadow fall box and complaining about hard drive space, all I saw was remote fucking play!!!

Play a ps4 game on my vita? Badass!

I realize the thread is past taking about the back of killzone: shadow fall box and complaining about hard drive space, all I saw was remote fucking play!!!

Long as you're on the same wifi network. I want a Vita TV already so I can stream PS4 stuff to my PC monitor when I want to watch TV and still play with a DS4.

same i dea sounded awsome on wii u and i tried it once or twice and system games and even more so with 1080 p systems the experiance is just not the same on a small screen.

Looks like Amazon fixed the standard launch bundle error, guess we won't be getting the DS4  :cry:

Hey CAG, any here knowledgeable about audio accessories? I was wondering if there is any reason this won't work to connect my current Turtle Beach headset(Xbox model) to the PS4 controller.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-PIOAC25-Stereo-Interconnect-Connectors/dp/B000J4GCV8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382670108&sr=8-5&keywords=2.5+to+3.5+stereo+headset#productDetails

The theory seems sound, but it also seems too good to believe my current gen beaches, made for 360, are going to so easily work for PS4, when they won't for Xbox One(until an adapter is made). But if this for whatever reason isn't going to work, I'm possibly going to buy an extender for the standard 3.5mm jack on the end, I just hate to run that much wire from my headset, to my tv, and then back to my controller. :p

Hey CAG, any here knowledgeable about audio accessories? I was wondering if there is any reason this won't work to connect my current Turtle Beach headset(Xbox model) to the PS4 controller.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-PIOAC25-Stereo-Interconnect-Connectors/dp/B000J4GCV8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382670108&sr=8-5&keywords=2.5+to+3.5+stereo+headset#productDetails

The theory seems sound, but it also seems too good to believe my current gen beaches, made for 360, are going to so easily work for PS4, when they won't for Xbox One(until an adapter is made). But if this for whatever reason isn't going to work, I'm possibly going to buy an extender for the standard 3.5mm jack on the end, I just hate to run that much wire from my headset, to my tv, and then back to my controller. :p
I'm no expert, so I have no idea if your plan would work, but Turtle Beach has a compatibility list that shows what headsets will work out of the box and how they connect if that helps.

I need a new headset that will work with PS4 and still don't know what I'm gonna get. I'd like to get a top of the line headset that I won't have to replace for awhile.

It does help a little, thanks.

I may buy a new headset if only to upgrade to wireless(and hopefully surround sound)... but I don't have a whole lot of money. :( I was blessed with some extra work to be able to afford a PS4, and I've got a little extra on top of that, but it may be better spent elsewhere. Still, if anyone wants to make some recommends, I'd appreciate a PM. Universal headsets would be best, since I still use 360, but anything wireless that works with PS4 and has good sound quality/dependability. Thanks

It does help a little, thanks.

I may buy a new headset if only to upgrade to wireless(and hopefully surround sound)... but I don't have a whole lot of money. :( I was blessed with some extra work to be able to afford a PS4, and I've got a little extra on top of that, but it may be better spent elsewhere. Still, if anyone wants to make some recommends, I'd appreciate a PM. Universal headsets would be best, since I still use 360, but anything wireless that works with PS4 and has good sound quality/dependability. Thanks
My advice is to actually watch the forum for a drop. A lot of the specially designed headsets lose value fast and can be obtained for 40%+ off quite easily. Outside of that, you're going to be looking at a high price if you want universal and wireless.

I think I am going to cancel my ps4 pre-order. I preordered one day one but my backlog is so huge I think I will wait for a ps4 price drop.  Any reason to keep my day one ps4?  If I recall day one is the same as the regular ps4 and just guaranteed to be delivered on day 1.  I bought a PS3 at launch and kind of wish I had waited for a price drop at that time. 

He said "I don't have a whole lot of money". Astro A40 or A50 are headsets I am considering, but they won't work with PS4 chat at launch and are expensive. I've heard their customer support can be pretty bad also.

I think I am going to cancel my ps4 pre-order. I preordered one day one but my backlog is so huge I think I will wait for a ps4 price drop. Any reason to keep my day one ps4? If I recall day one is the same as the regular ps4 and just guaranteed to be delivered on day 1. I bought a PS3 at launch and kind of wish I had waited for a price drop at that time.
Using the 360 as a pricing model, it didn't see a price drop for 1 year and half and even then all it saw was a $50 cut. Not saying the PS4 will go this same route, but it's highly likely if Microsoft doesn't do anything drastic like removing the Kinect and undercutting the PS4. So if $50 is worth an 18 month wait then by all means cancel. It'll prob make someone else who really wants it very happy.

Edit: Also quick note, as already stated in this thread, if you have an Amex and buy at Best Buy you can get a $25 statement credit which would mean you would be waiting 18 months for $25 savings.

Using the 360 as a pricing model, it didn't see a price drop for 1 year and half and even then all it saw was a $50 cut. Not saying the PS4 will go this same route, but it's highly likely if Microsoft doesn't do anything drastic like removing the Kinect and undercutting the PS4. So if $50 is worth an 18 month wait then by all means cancel. It'll prob make someone else who really wants it very happy.
I know this is cag but waiting for price drops always blows my mind. I'll gladly pay $50 to $100 more now to have it right from the get go.

I'm still upset that I passed on a pair of brand new astros when they were $150 on April Fools. :whistle2:(
That deal was killer, but that didn't work for more than a few hours, if even that... so at least there wasn't much you could do past pouncing on it instantly.

I know this is cag but waiting for price drops always blows my mind. I'll gladly pay $50 to $100 more now to have it right from the get go.
I completly agree. For me at least it's not worth the time waiting for a very small price drop for a new console. Now games on the other hand I don't mind waiting since most of them drop fairly quickly. There are probably at most 3-4 games a year that I get on release day and pay full price. Everything else I can wait until it hits $30 or less

I think I am going to cancel my ps4 pre-order. I preordered one day one but my backlog is so huge I think I will wait for a ps4 price drop. Any reason to keep my day one ps4? If I recall day one is the same as the regular ps4 and just guaranteed to be delivered on day 1. I bought a PS3 at launch and kind of wish I had waited for a price drop at that time.
Already canceled my preorder.

With major titles delayed, less features than promised at launch, and with a majority of popular games multiplatform (AND the $10) upgrade option, I feel no compelling reason buy a PS4 at launch. Only reason for others would be for Killzone or Infamous.

Well, my friends that wanted a PS4 don't have the money for it so now I have a spare pre-order on amazon, lol. I should cancel it but or some reason i feel bad doing it.

Only reason for others would be for Killzone or Infamous.
Well, my friends that wanted a PS4 don't have the money for it so now I have a spare pre-order on amazon, lol. I should cancel it but or some reason i feel bad doing it.
Phew, sounds like your friend dodged a bullet there, Deader. Word on the street is there are only two possible reasons for anyone to want a new next gen system.

I would assume there will be a 2014 Black Friday bundle or offering... probably around the same price if a bundle, but maybe a game or two with it, possibly some PS+ time. Doubt it'll see more than $100 off within a year, and that's pushing it... $20-50 is more likely in my opinion, though I am no expert. However, the real question is are you want to wait until the price drop is significant enough?

Destiny looks *amazing*, like an MMO Halo with Borderlands/Mass Effect elements, and will be largely graphically superior on next gen, and that could go for the AI as well. Player/Enemy count nearly seems guaranteed to be different too, based recent trends. So quite possibly superior gameplay with definitely superior graphics. Perhaps if you're not looking forward to the next epic Bungie game you won't care as much, but this also goes for Watch Dogs, to a lesser extent, as well as other cross gen titles. (Battlefield 4 offers significantly higher player count, and CoD offers more as well.)

Personally, I'm looking forward to experiencing Destiny and Watch Dogs in the best way possible, on top of all the new features that go with the new gen, like on-system video recording... and I'll enjoy whatever else they decide to throw at me along the way. In all honesty, Destiny's pretty much the biggest reason I'm buying now. I highly doubt we'll see any real price drops between now and February, when the beta hopefully opens, and I already can hardly wait. I see no real reason not to enjoy PS4 between then and now too. :p (And let's not forget there will be numerous free to play games in that time, plus what you get with PS+.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OjUWw43co

Really it all depends on what you want, and how much you're willing to wait. And of course this is assuming you want to buy new, and not used, where you may actually be able to save? I really don't know about that.

I would wait if you have plenty of current generation games to play. I have no idea how long these current systems will have support for things like online, and I know that when I started playing with my Xbox 360 I never went back to my GameCube (mostly because I was paying for Live). I know if I get a PlayStation 4 and start paying for Plus I won't be going back to my PlayStation 3 as often (even with the free Plus games). It's the same reason I hesitate to get an Xbox One, as I have a few games to play through on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The only downside I can see from not getting the PlayStation 4 at launch is if you have PlayStation Plus and would be unable to download the free Plus games for the PS4. Can you download them from Sony's site like with the Xbox? If so, then at least you could save them for when you actually buy one.

But if you have hesitation, and really aren't interested in the initial releases, why not wait for releases that you really want, especially with future potential of price drops, gift cards or bundles. Plus, games you play now can be sold or traded-in later for extra funding for your next generation purchases. That what I'm trying to rationalize to myself, at least.

I'm no expert, so I have no idea if your plan would work, but Turtle Beach has a compatibility list that shows what headsets will work out of the box and how they connect if that helps.

I need a new headset that will work with PS4 and still don't know what I'm gonna get. I'd like to get a top of the line headset that I won't have to replace for awhile.
FWIW, the Sony's Pulse Elites are actually really great for the price. They won't work wirelessly until the USB headset update drops, but they work with the Vita with an included line in cable. Sony's already said that the Vita headset will work with the DS4's headset jack, so the Elite's should as well.

I really like them because they have an integral mic instead of the boom mic you see on almost every other headset.

bread's done
Back