PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I bought the PS4 camera and it certainly is as small as people say.

Man I can't wait til near release so I can size up the best buy/gamestop near me and find out how many extra ps4s they're going to get. Not looking forward to waiting in line but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I bought the PS4 camera and it certainly is as small as people say.

Man I can't wait til near release so I can size up the best buy/gamestop near me and find out how many extra ps4s they're going to get. Not looking forward to waiting in line but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Im also on the PS4 waiting game. I was going to get it from Dell but sold out before I had a chance to get it. I should have pre ordered it from the beginning, but after pre ordering the Wii U last year and seeing so many in stock on launch day I felt so stupid pre ordering it I Really thought it would be the same issue with the PS4, had no idea that I would be seeing ebay auctions going for 1600 for the system which is absolutely NUTS..just hope that Dell, or Target or KMart has some in stock so I can get hold of one

If your PS4 is shipped by UPS, check for your closest UPS Customer Center location. You can use UPS My Choice to have your package held for pickup there. Since all my UPS packages go through there before getting on the truck, when it's held I can pick it up when they open at 9AM. So if you order through Amazon or else where online, definitely consider doing that to get your console faster.

You can also pay $5 to have it shipped to a UPS Store or work place if you like.
Would that hold true for The UPS Store locations?

UPS man for me usually doesnt come until some time around 2pm or later. Would be cool to work out how to get it earlier than that.

I have a second pre order at target that I'm letting wife's friend's boyfriend have, so sucks that he'll get it before I get it, but oh well, good karma coming my way I guess? (also paying for his ps4 on my REDcard to save him 5%, he'll give me cash and I'll just pay it right to the card before we leave target)

Amazon needs to hurry up and confirm the b2g1 match, need to know if I should cancel my preorders or not.

Got a chance to play the Knack demo at the Sony Store.  Game was sort of "meh," but I can see how it would appeal to folks who are looking for a family friendly platformer.  DualShock 4 is a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement over the DS3.  Sticks have more resistance, fingers don't slip on triggers aren't as soft/mushy as DS3's.  D-pad may be a step down (TBD), but I'm seriously considering using a DS4 as a wired controller for my PS3 gameplay going forward.

Got a chance to play the Knack demo at the Sony Store. Game was sort of "meh," but I can see how it would appeal to folks who are looking for a family friendly platformer. DualShock 4 is a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement over the DS3. Sticks have more resistance, fingers don't slip on triggers aren't as soft/mushy as DS3's. D-pad may be a step down (TBD), but I'm seriously considering using a DS4 as a wired controller for my PS3 gameplay going forward.
Agreed on all points. I wasn't impressed with Knack at PAX, but the DS4 is a sexy piece of hardware.

Agreed on all points. I wasn't impressed with Knack at PAX, but the DS4 is a sexy piece of hardware.
Knack to me looks like a PS3 game but they added effects and graphics to make it a PS4 game. Gameplay also looks very generic and I am not in the slightest impressed with Knack.

I need a longer freaking micro USB cable so I can play the PS3 with this thing.  Only complaint that I have about it is that "start" and share buttons are placed so I want to press the bottom of them but they don't activate at the bottom where your thumb reaches them without shifting your hand.

Knack to me looks like a PS3 game but they added effects and graphics to make it a PS4 game. Gameplay also looks very generic and I am not in the slightest impressed with Knack.
Knack is a physics demo. PS3 couldn't handle all those tiny pieces in the main character. The whole package isn't super impressive, but Knack himself is mind blowing. Sort of like Halo on the OG XBox, with particle effects to kick up dirt as the Warthog drove. Simply impossible on previous console generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a 15 ft. cable coming from Monoprice, plenty of room to spare to I can play my remaining PS3 backlog.

I need a longer freaking micro USB cable so I can play the PS3 with this thing. Only complaint that I have about it is that "start" and share buttons are placed so I want to press the bottom of them but they don't activate at the bottom where your thumb reaches them without shifting your hand.

^It's a trap!
Thats-What-She-Said-Michael-Scott-Last-Episode.gif

I fell for my own trap. :(

Oh how I hate paying more for shipping than for the item itself but still the best price I'm seeing.  Not that I need something crazy long since the PS3 is moving to my desk once the PS4 comes out to free up an HDMI on the TV.

We can walk into BB at midnight and pick up games too right? Not just consoles? Got my PS4 preordered at GameStop but have NBA 2K14 preordered at BB for the $10 reward certificate, looking to pick up both at midnight.

We can walk into BB at midnight and pick up games too right? Not just consoles? Got my PS4 preordered at GameStop but have NBA 2K14 preordered at BB for the $10 reward certificate, looking to pick up both at midnight.
They might have some at the counter or on a table next to the line but they're not going to just let you browse. If you want to pick something up at midnight best to pre-order it.

So how can we tell if our order is being sent through UPS. I'd love to have to pick it up at one of their centers so I can get it as early as possible on the 15th!

So, if someone here wanted to take my PS4 pre-order amazon, could they just pay me the cost of the console and then i can have it shipped to their address?

Don't know what you guys are so excited to play. I still can't even come up with one title I'm wanting at $40 if Target isn't sold out of everything as soon as they open.
I'm getting KZ:SF, NBA 2K, and Knack.Then maybe before the sale ends, CoD ,Marvel Lego and AC4 :D.

Also we got the F2P games that should be really awesome..DC Universe, Retribution and Warframe. The "there's no game to play" saying is getting old to me..Can people really think that lol. Even the Vita has alot of games it's just people don't seem to care about digital titles:\ ..Odd. We need a trade system for digi titles, I would sale my residentevil 6 digi title for 5 dollars..

I'm getting KZ:SF, NBA 2K, and Knack.Then maybe before the sale ends, CoD ,Marvel Lego and AC4 :D.

Also we got the F2P games that should be really awesome..DC Universe, Retribution and Warframe. The "there's no game to play" saying is getting old to me..Can people really think that lol. Even the Vita has alot of games it's just people don't seem to care about digital titles:\ ..Odd. We need a trade system for digi titles, I would sale my residentevil 6 digi title for 5 dollars..
Don't get me wrong, I have my system paid off knowing full well that I might not buy anything until Destiny and that's next summer at the earliest. Resogun and Contrast look awesome but Driveclub was going to be my "full" title and nothing else really grabs me the same way or at least enough to wait to grab it before some deep discounts. I guess that it's more that I'm not seeing anything that if it was on PS3 and not new and PS4 that I would run out and buy. Still going to have plenty of PSN stuff to play if nothing else, I just thought it was funny that everyone's eager to get their shipment as early as possible.

Don't know what you guys are so excited to play. I still can't even come up with one title I'm wanting at $40 if Target isn't sold out of everything as soon as they open.
For me BF4, KZ, or CoD...can't decide.

But at least we'll be playing in 1080p for those of us who don't like to game on PC...and who aren't still going to rock 720p on the XBone :lol:

wow looks like walmart briefly had bundle available that included a controller or camera plus a game but it's out of stock now when I try to check out.

KZ and Resogun look fricken awesome IMO, I'm also really pumped to play BF with 64 players, but most of all I'm just tired of this gen and want to move on. 11 MORE DAYS!!!!

Side Note:

I tried to put this really awesome looking countdown clock as my sig but its not working for some reason. Sad.

For me BF4, KZ, or CoD...can't decide.

But at least we'll be playing in 1080p for those of us who don't like to game on PC...and who aren't still going to rock 720p on the XBone :lol:
720p is fine, man...just gotta move your chair back a few feet and you're good to go LOL :razz:

D0 we know at this point if all GS stores are doing a midnight launch? I'm on the fence as to whether I'd want to get mine then or just stroll in there some time on Saturday. My daughter is at a dance competition all day Saturday so I might not be able to make it in then - makes more sense for me just to get it Friday night. But I won't have tons of time to play it then either and only want to do that if I can get in and out of the store relatively quickly.

D0 we know at this point if all GS stores are doing a midnight launch? I'm on the fence as to whether I'd want to get mine then or just stroll in there some time on Saturday. My daughter is at a dance competition all day Saturday so I might not be able to make it in then - makes more sense for me just to get it Friday night. But I won't have tons of time to play it then either and only want to do that if I can get in and out of the store relatively quickly.
The midnight release is actually Thursday Night! Or you could pick it up Friday Morning!

The impression I've gotten is that the midnight will be fairly quick too since they're only going to have a few systems to sell for non-preorders and the pre-orders will just be picking up their system at midnight.  The stores around here were talking done by 12:30 but I don't know if that's realistic or wishful thinking.

So, if someone here wanted to take my PS4 pre-order amazon, could they just pay me the cost of the console and then i can have it shipped to their address?
Just saw someone do that here a couple of pages back. I'm interested in taking over your order but not sure how we should proceed.

I'm so psyched for next gen. BF 64 v 64 will be glorious, now I'll spawn with my friends instead of the last on where we were separated 95% of the time. Probably going to get Ghost, BF4, and Fifa 14.

I have an extra Amazon preorder, getting my PS4 at GS. I'd only want to "transfer" it to a CAG in need, but I doubt you could prove that you don't have a preorder already.

As long as you've got some feedback let me know and we can work something out as long as you cover the cost+tax.

First post!  Love this site.

Preordered my PS4 through the Walmart bundles that were offered a couple of days ago (the ones guaranteed by Christmas).  I got Knack and the camera with it.  I intend to get another DS4, Madden 25, BF4, AC4BF, and depending on how DriveClub is on PSN I may spring for NFSR.

I'm 33 and like a kid in a candy store again...

I'd initially preordered on July 9th through the Sony Store but I had to cancel when it looked like I wouldn't have the funds available to pay for it.  So glad I got a preorder in because I am not sure what we're up against as far as this next gen launch.

I need a longer freaking micro USB cable so I can play the PS3 with this thing. Only complaint that I have about it is that "start" and share buttons are placed so I want to press the bottom of them but they don't activate at the bottom where your thumb reaches them without shifting your hand.
Thanks for the impressions that does sound a little annoying.

Do you guys recommend buying games off of Amazon or just waiting for stores to get games in? I mean if the B2G1 on Amazon doesn't go through?

I want to get Lego Marvel but it lists as launch date on Amazon and quite honestly I would rather pick it up at a store to avoid Amazon messing up shipping.

Do you guys recommend buying games off of Amazon or just waiting for stores to get games in? I mean if the B2G1 on Amazon doesn't go through?

I want to get Lego Marvel but it lists as launch date on Amazon and quite honestly I would rather pick it up at a store to avoid Amazon messing up shipping.
Just go to Target on release day and get in on the b2g1.

I plan on trying to get in on the b2g1 at target.  what a great way to get the library going.  even though I am not a target fan.

Well that's you for me Knack, KZ, NBA 2k14, FIFA 14 are all very high on my list of must plays regardless of multi-platform etc.

I recommend buying games where you can get the best deal.

If it's target, go to Target. If its Gamestop, Amazon, or Best Buy because you have trade-in credits, than go there.

I'd stay away from the buy 2 get 1. All it does is make 3 games about $42 a piece. With most ps4 games being ports and probably lazy ports, looking at you Madden 25, I'd get a true ps4 game and rent the others or hold off a few weeks to see if maybe someone lops off cash on black friday.

I'd stay away from the buy 2 get 1. All it does is make 3 games about $42 a piece. With most ps4 games being ports and probably lazy ports, looking at you Madden 25, I'd get a true ps4 game and rent the others or hold off a few weeks to see if maybe someone lops off cash on black friday.
Thats my plan. Im paying full price for BF4 but I will be able to get Madden for $30 by February for sure so.

I don't think all of them are necessarily doing it. When I preordered the Xbox One, the guy told me that they weren't going to do one because they didn't want people walking out into the parking lot in the middle of the night, carrying a $500 machine. I'd assume that if they're not doing it for XB1, they wouldn't do it for PS4.

My preorder BB isn't doing the midnight launch, but they are doing it for some iThing in a week. WTF???

And the thing is, there's a Gs across the street from them, and a super walmart right next store. Its like they want to loose business to them.

I called customer service, and they recommended I shift my preorder to a different store 45 minutes away highway, and of course I told them that was not an acceptable solution.

I'll just pick up my system the next day when they open, and they better not screw that up by not having my system. (I'll probably call and confrm they have it the night before, JUST in case I have to scramble to walmart at midnight next door.)

Got a email saying that my Pre-order on Killzone ShadowFall from BestBuy looks to be ready to be pick up by tomorrow. Guess BestBuy will also have PS4 games available before the 15th too.

bread's done
Back