PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I just lost my job, should I still get the ps4 I have on preorder? =(
No offense but how can anyone of us on the internet would know what the right choice is for you? You need to evaluate that yourself and act according to the situation that you are currently in right now.

No offense but how can anyone of us on the internet would know what the right choice is for you? You need to evaluate that yourself and act according to the situation that you are currently in right now.
Oh I know, I was just debating it. I was hoping to flip it originally because I am not too keen on any of the launch games; however, it seems like flipping it isn't that profitable.

Don't know what you guys are so excited to play. I still can't even come up with one title I'm wanting at $40 if Target isn't sold out of everything as soon as they open.
Dude, have you ever bought a console at launch? The 360, PS3, Wii (U), and 3DS didn't have the best launch libraries either. I'm more excited for what's to come with a new gen; that's why I'm excited. While, I appreciated the fact the 360/PS3 were supported longer than a lot of other systems, I felt the current gen was getting a little long in the tooth. You could really tell the 360 and PS3 reached their limit with GTAV and the Last of Us.

Even if the game won't be the best or memorable, Knack is one of the first games that I would say, "you can't do that on PS3/360." An editor on Gamespot states it better than I could: ..."the way each individual plant casts its own shadow and sways in the wind, or how the tessellating effects on the water provide a smooth, undulating surface. Even the purple death goo that enemy goblins fire at you looks impressive in the way it reflects light and produces disconcerting wisps of smoke. It's a world that really comes alive with the sort of lighting and texture effects we haven't seen on current-gen systems." Knack is only the tip of the iceberg. Then, you have games like Battlefield 4. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the impressions that does sound a little annoying.
Don't get me wrong, the controller's amazing to use and that's almost a nitpick than a reason to dislike the controller.

I'd stay away from the buy 2 get 1. All it does is make 3 games about $42 a piece. With most ps4 games being ports and probably lazy ports, looking at you Madden 25, I'd get a true ps4 game and rent the others or hold off a few weeks to see if maybe someone lops off cash on black friday.
Sure hope we see the rest of the BF ads before this sale starts. I really doubt there will be anything out there better than $20 off your choice of PS4 games. Especially because at Target you can just return any of the games and get that $42 a game back if you only want one or two.

nope. just got my last paycheck.
Well if paying off the PS4 is going to in anyway negatively impact your debt or ability to pay living expenses then it's probably best to go without for now.

Dude, have you ever bought a console at launch? The 360, PS3, Wii (U), and 3DS didn't have the best launch libraries either. I'm more excited for what's to come with a new gen; that's why I'm excited. While, I appreciated the fact the 360/PS3 were supported longer than a lot of other systems, I felt the current gen was getting a little long in the tooth. You could really tell the 360 and PS3 reached their limit with GTAV and the Last of Us.
Nope, first time I'll ever have a system within the first year (maybe two) of release). Like I said I've got mine paid off and there's definitely stuff I'm excited to play but there isn't anything at retail that right now looks like a must own to me like The Order, Drivclub and Destiny are hopefully going to be. Then again it's hard to have a generation end with things like TLoU, GTAV, Rayman Legends, and DIablo 3 and not have the launch lineup look a little flat.

I'm sure I'll probably end up grabbing a couple things with the Target sale but I wonder if this trend of bargain basement sales right after everything comes out is going to continue immediately this generation or if stores and publishers are going to wait until there's more titles out.

I believe either people forget the lack of "upgrade" between console generations or lots of "critics" are too young to remember.

The last major graphical update between console generations was from 2D cartridges to 3D CDs. The end of the PS2 generation was hardly a graphical overhaul between the last games of its cycle and the first of the ps3. Resistance FOM and Call of Duty 3 looked like they could have easily run on the PS2. Let's not even talk about the games the 360 launched with...those were either pure ps2 level graphics or just plastic shine models that looked terrible.

That same thing will happen now again for PS3->PS4 (360->X1)...Early games will look like they are barely an upgrade then a couple of years later we'll start seeing the real gems. Watching AC4 ps3/ps4 comparisons and it isn't that huge a difference when it comes to models. The biggest change are in "atmosphere" like water, weather, shadows, light.

I'm looking forward to the big changes in a year or two when everything looks that good.

One also has to take into consideration if games are being made for all 4 platforms, they obviously aren't going to take full advantage of a new platforms potential. They really just made those games for PS3/360 and then decided "eh, why not" for the new consoles.

Maybe as the XBO/PS4 take over we'll see good versions and dumbed down versions in the reverse, but right now we're seeing regular versions and dumbed down versions unless they're "next gen" exclusives (which yeah, aren't gonna look as nice as games in 4 years will).

I believe either people forget the lack of "upgrade" between console generations or lots of "critics" are too young to remember.

The last major graphical update between console generations was from 2D cartridges to 3D CDs. The end of the PS2 generation was hardly a graphical overhaul between the last games of its cycle and the first of the ps3. Resistance FOM and Call of Duty 3 looked like they could have easily run on the PS2. Let's not even talk about the games the 360 launched with...those were either pure ps2 level graphics or just plastic shine models that looked terrible.

That same thing will happen now again for PS3->PS4 (360->X1)...Early games will look like they are barely an upgrade then a couple of years later we'll start seeing the real gems. Watching AC4 ps3/ps4 comparisons and it isn't that huge a difference when it comes to models. The biggest change are in "atmosphere" like water, weather, shadows, light.

I'm looking forward to the big changes in a year or two when everything looks that good.
i disagree the jump from ps2/xbox >> ps3/360 was pretty big as a system thanks to all the stuff the systems could do and what not. Yes games were not that big of jump at first but some games at launch was a big jump in looks and gameplay. this jump will not be that big might be the smallest leap in tech in every gen change in gaming history.

One also has to take into consideration if games are being made for all 4 platforms, they obviously aren't going to take full advantage of a new platforms potential. They really just made those games for PS3/360 and then decided "eh, why not" for the new consoles.

Maybe as the XBO/PS4 take over we'll see good versions and dumbed down versions in the reverse, but right now we're seeing regular versions and dumbed down versions unless they're "next gen" exclusives (which yeah, aren't gonna look as nice as games in 4 years will).
for most people the small changes are the big diff like bf4 having 32 vs 32 compared to 12 vs 12. Nba 2k14 was built from the ground up for this gen according to 2k sports. i justp layed fifa 13 yesterday on x1 and that game over all is a much better game then on current gen.

i disagree the jump from ps2/xbox >> ps3/360 was pretty big as a system thanks to all the stuff the systems could do and what not. Yes games were not that big of jump at first but some games at launch was a big jump in looks and gameplay. this jump will not be that big might be the smallest leap in tech in every gen change in gaming history.
I can't take your post seriously if you keep writing like this. Capitalize your I's at least and "some games at launch was a big jump" just gave me cancer.

Just got my promo code from Amazon for my BF4 PS4 bundle!!  It is getting even closer!!!!!!  I have never had a console day one before!!!

I can't take your post seriously if you keep writing like this. Capitalize your I's at least and "some games at launch was a big jump" just gave me cancer.
He'll just turn it around on you and say its your fault you cant read and then ask why you are attacking him.

Oh and he'll blame the shitty auto correct on the iphone. Like the iphone knows grammar or punctuation.

playstation blog released killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage that you can download right here

http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip

holy fuck this game is gorgeous
It's very pretty but doesn't quite look right to my eyes. It has this same quality that I see on really high end TVs and can't quite put my finger on that makes the motion look very fake. BF4 on ultra on the same monitor looks just as good and doesn't give me that weird sensation so hopefully it's just a fluke of the video.

Anyone have any experience switching their launch edition's shipping method? I just don't want to mess up my order.
I have updated both my shipping info and payment info on my PS4: Launch Edition and it still shows a delivery date of 11/15/2013.

Nobody takes his posts seriously, almost everything he says is a lie, and he changes his stance and opinion like the wind changes direction. Even worse is he's too naive to realize that everyone feels this way and he continues to post here even though he's clearly not liked or respected. smh

It's very pretty but doesn't quite look right to my eyes. It has this same quality that I see on really high end TVs and can't quite put my finger on that makes the motion look very fake. BF4 on ultra on the same monitor looks just as good and doesn't give me that weird sensation so hopefully it's just a fluke of the video.
like when a high end tv is set to 120hz refresh rate and up gives it the "soap opera effect" which is motion interpolation

Don't know what you guys are so excited to play. I still can't even come up with one title I'm wanting at $40 if Target isn't sold out of everything as soon as they open.
Getting Ac 4, Killzone, ghosts, and a free copy of Knack I'm looking forward to. Will probably end up getting battlefield 4 and need for speed rivals around Xmas time, those will tide me over till infamous, destiny, watch dogs, and the order come out.

Getting Ac 4, Killzone, ghosts, and a free copy of Knack I'm looking forward to. Will probably end up getting battlefield 4 and need for speed rivals around Xmas time, those will tide me over till infamous, destiny, watch dogs, and the order come out.
Meh...AC4 and Ghosts and BF4 on Ps3. Next Gen consoles wont be that great until support for last gen stops.

The only games I want for PS4 is Tom Clancy's The Division and FF XV

They both dont have release dates

Can we get the title changed? I don't think anybody is going to be able to pick one up on August 24th and even if they could, they'd be doing cooler shit with their time travelling ability than preordering a console.

Meh...AC4 and Ghosts and BF4 on Ps3. Next Gen consoles wont be that great until support for last gen stops.

The only games I want for PS4 is Tom Clancy's The Division and FF XV

They both dont have release dates
Some of these game were made for next gen..Like Assassin's Creed engine in the last one was a prelude to what they could and couldn't do on current gen.(AC3 had alot of stuttering and bugs).

Same can be said with Battlefield 3 engine.. It was obviously made for the next gen. These aren't ports so to speak, they're were really next gen ENGINES to begin with. Just not enough power out there to run them..I do know what you are saying though..The Division looks gnar. Games will just get better as with every gen.

playstation blog released killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage that you can download right here 

http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip

holy  fuck this game is gorgeous

I must be getting old. 30 seconds in and I had to cut it off since I was getting motion sickness from how herky-jerky the running animation was.

Some of these game were made for next gen..Like Assassin's Creed engine in the last one was a prelude to what they could and couldn't do on current gen.(AC3 had alot of stuttering and bugs).

Same can be said with Battlefield 3 engine.. It was obviously made for the next gen. These aren't ports so to speak, they're were really next gen ENGINES to begin with. Just not enough power out there to run them..I do know what you are saying though..The Division looks gnar. Games will just get better as with every gen.
I agree completely. Even Madden 25 is built for next gen. From what I was reading, there's a good amount of features that just wouldn't work on the current gen.

Personally I would like to narrow it down to three out of these games: AC: Black Flag, BF4, COD:Ghosts, Madden25, and NBA2K14.

Thinking Asassins Creed and BattleField then either Madden or 2K14. That would let me have a good selection of game types to have a launch. Not even counting the PS+/F2P games, which I believe there are 7 games that are free at launch!

Has anybody else that preordered from Walmart .com have a credit card charge pending from them just got it pending yesterday and preordered it when I was first able to just wondering don't know if Walmart is shipping on release day or receiving on release day either way preordered one at store to be on the safe side also

ps4 charging station unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nomDrx_G1vM

Saw in best buy forum that if ur a member of the unlocked gamer program the new unlocked gamer program will count till your subscription ends and if you are a member now or ur membership ended within the last six months says be looking for a special coupon to extend it 2 more years for 30 dollars and get all the benefits

Saw in best buy forum that if ur a member of the unlocked gamer program the new unlocked gamer program will count till your subscription ends and if you are a member now or ur membership ended within the last six months says be looking for a special coupon to extend it 2 more years for 30 dollars and get all the benefits
If that's true then that would actually be one of the first truly customer friendly things BBY has done in a long time. I only signed up a couple months ago so hopefully that coupon goes out to all GCU members because for $30 over two years that program is well worth.

bread's done
Back