PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

If I remember correctly, PS+ members get a discount if the protection plan is bought off the PS Store.
Yea the price with accidental is $4 more then the SQ.

I will go with the Sony accidental for only a $4 difference, and going throught the PS Store will more then likely make it even cheaper then the SQ.

Hopefully it won't be one of those weird exclusions to what you can pay for with credit.  I know it says two years after the manufacturer's ends but if you purchase the accidental one as well does that mean you're not covered for accidental the first year or whatever it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Squaretrade with the 30% coupon (if you can get one) would be $37.79, $55.99 with accidental.

The only thing is if they can't fix it you get the item price? Or do they also change you for the repairs that didn't fix it?

That would be the only difference for me, if Sony just replaces it with the same PS4 model or a refurb, but squaretrade gives you your $400, that might be better since the PS4 may have dropped in price or better models have come out by the time you need your warranty 1-3 years after you bought it.

Does it also cover the controller that comes with the system or is it just for the system it self?
I just read through the terms and conditions and I saw no mention of it.

It does say that normal wear and tear is covered by the non-accidental plan which isn't always the case and a nice touch. Oddly it does exclude damage from electrical surge which is usually covered in these kinds of things and nice to have even if it's always in a power strip. Also says that if they replace it they can do so with a factory refurb which is par for the course. It also doesn't cover damage caused by replacement HDDs so pick a good reliable one when it inevitably requires replacing since the 500GB is going to be the equivalent of the launch 20GB soon enough. It also says under the accidental that if they replace it then the plan is consumed but doesn't make that caveat about the regular plan.

Honestly unless you're in an environment where you're going to be dropping your console, spilling on it, or knocking it over I don't see any practical advantage to the accidental plan since wear and tear is covered in both. Still it's only $10 more and if you're getting one you may as well get the accidental for that small premium. If it was $20 difference I would probably advise against it.

I also enjoyed that it doesn't cover theft and loss but also "mysterious disappearance". I really want to know what exactly that is. Do they get a lot of complaints that aliens abducted their system or that they left it in the woods while gaming with Bigfoot?

If I remember correctly, PS+ members get a discount from the protection plan if bought off the PS Store.
Do you know if you can pay for it using the network cards used to buy games and stuff? This would be nice so I do t have to pay cash for it. Would much rather use up my credit

Do you know if you can pay for it using the network cards used to buy games and stuff? This would be nice so I do t have to pay cash for it. Would much rather use up my credit
If you mean buying PSN Network Cards and using that money in your PSN account, absolutely. Anything on PSN I believe you can buy with PSN Cards.

If you mean buying PSN Network Cards and using that money in your PSN account, absolutely. Anything on PSN I believe you can buy with PSN Cards.
I actually really hope they have the protection plans for PS4 on the PSstore. I thought it was a great idea and it worked great, also getting a discount with Plus is well a plus!

On a side note, I seen on Target's website they have a PS4 Launch Bundle still available for preorder. However it comes with CoD:Ghosts and a 2nd DS4.

Camping out doesnt occur no more because Bestbuy, Target, Walmart all take preorders. I camped out for the Wii, 500+ people in line for only 84 wiis!

Gosh. If I was one of the 416+ people, I would have been mad.
Why? the line didnt start to get deep until around 7 a.m thats when people started showing up. The people who got the Wii waited 7+ hours. I waited 14, I got there at 8 p.m and waited until 8 a.m. before the bestbuy guy came out and handed out tickets. I was #41 in line. It was a great memory but not gunna lie it was freezing that night. Not as bad as the PS3 launch thou, I going to Bestbuy that tuesday and the PS3 was coming friday, there were people waiting 3+ days and I believe it was much warmer but I recall there was like hurricane conditions, complete thunderstorms. That would suck.

People were offering $200 for the tickets, this was in NY in a populated area so thats why it was pretty nuts.

Why? the line didnt start to get deep until around 7 a.m thats when people started showing up. The people who got the Wii waited 7+ hours. I waited 14, I got there at 8 p.m and waited until 8 a.m. before the bestbuy guy came out and handed out tickets. I was #41 in line. It was a great memory but not gunna lie it was freezing that night. Not as bad as the PS3 launch thou, I going to Bestbuy that tuesday and the PS3 was coming friday, there were people waiting 3+ days and I believe it was much warmer but I recall there was like hurricane conditions, complete thunderstorms. That would suck.

People were offering $200 for the tickets, this was in NY in a populated area so thats why it was pretty nuts.
There weren't any people who waited a long time who didn't get the Wii? That's how it is at my launches. I remember, for the 360, how people weren't able to get the pro because they only had like 10; I was one of them. I slept overnight at Target too. xD

The problem I always have with camping... for any product... is that I invariable have to go to the bathroom. This is a problem when i am alone.

a3vx.jpg

1319281056555.png

The problem I always have with camping... for any product... is that I invariable have to go to the bathroom. This is a problem when i am alone.

I don't wait in line. Makes it hard to enjoy myself at amusement parks.

No problem, it's actually interesting because you can buy PS+ with PSN cash so if you find PSN cards on sale you can get PS+ for cheap.
No problem, it's actually interesting because you can buy PS+ with PSN cash so if you find PSN cards on sale you can get PS+ for cheap.
That's good to know as well. Though this year i ill be picking it up at game stop for $30. 2 years worth if they will let me.

Are there any launch games that uses the ps4 camera? Debating if i should get this accessory as well.
"The Playroom" is a pack-in game that uses it, it actually looks pretty amazing. Besides that I am unsure of others though.

I remember camping out at Best Buy, two weeks after the 360 launched. There was a ton of reports online about them getting a shipment in and there was about 30 people camping that night. I was number 12 and they only received 8 consoles. Two days later I seen the same type of report, but I didn't camp. Best Buy is about 50 minutes away from me. I walked in at 8:20AM and was able to purchase one. That was the last time I seen a 360 instore before March or April of the next year, if not later. And that kids, is why I preordered from then on!

Btw thanks for the heads up on PsPlus cards for $30, that's a great price. Might try and get 4 of them, stack three of them and gift the other to a friend.

Taking this with a grain of salt at the moment but it looks like sunday only gamestop eill be giving 90% trade credit when trading hardware to pay off your ps4 http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-holding-ps4-pre-launch-events/1100-6416034/

so whats the best deal right now or coming up on ps+?  

I thought i read somewhere that the system comes with a 14 day or 1 month trial.

Wonder how much they're gonna nerf TIV on systems. Can't imagine them giving more than 150 for system trade ins towards the X1/PS4.

A friend of mine said a GS clerk told him about this yesterday. Sounded crazy to me, but maybe there's something to it.

Kinda ticks me off tho - I just traded in my 360 LAST Sunday. :whistle2:(
Especially if you mean Sunday, as in, a few days ago.

Could've sworn I saw it in 1 of these mega threads before then, but it was one of those 'i heard/was told' type of things. That's why I'm all for certain things getting yanked out of mega threads and getting their own thread.

bread's done
Back