PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Amazon will give me a credit in the amount of tax if they care for my business.
Self entitled much?

Let's be real here. You can threaten not to buy stuff from Amazon ever again but the sheer convenience and deals they have make that a moot point. They know you aren't going to stop buying from them. So bitch to them all you want but seriously. Leave us out of it; why do we need to keep hearing about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should really stop feeding whoknows, it's going to get a really bad tummy ache and not be able to sleep tonight.

Self entitled much?
Why is there always one of THESE people who have to start talking about how entitled video game people think they are?

People are on here want to pay the least amount they can for something. When there is an extra $30 tacked on people arent going to be happy with it and will try to get it dropped. Its not self entitlement or anything other than being a cheap ass gamer.

The real problem is they are saying that they never agreed to it because when they ordered it said Tax: $0. But the problem is that it actually says ESTIMATED Tax: $0. The estimate was off. Stuff changes. Now the government will have more tax money to waste on people who dont deserve it.

Amazon will give me a credit in the amount of tax if they care for my business.
They get thousands of new customers daily, I doubt they will miss you. In fact if you keep asking for credits, don't be surprise if they close down your account in the future.

I never agreed to be charged tax.

They changed their terms.
Generally speaking, you implicitly agreed to be charged sales tax on all purchases by living in the state to which the order is shipped. This is the reason states are beginning to require Amazon to charge sales tax, because literally no one is going to add up all their online purchases at the end of the year and choose to pay use tax.

As far as being charged tax on a preorder placed before the law went into effect - Amazon doesn't charge until the item ships. If the money changes hands after the date they agreed to begin charging tax, then tax will be charged.

It sucks, but it's not exactly something worth complaining about. You could always just pack up and move to Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon or Delaware.

So tired of the whining about tax. Amazon didn't change terms, your state did. Why not go complain to your elected officials rather than Amazon. Please, please quit the bitching. 

Stop whining over sales tax charges from Amazon. Read the news. This has been coming for years. On the positive side, it has allowed Amazon to open more DC's thus getting your product to you faster. Amazon started charging sales tax in CA, opened DC's closer to my area of So Cal and now my Prime shipping is literally next day delivery. Well worth it.

From Wikipedia...apparently Amazon charging tax in IL is unconstitutional

Illinois passed legislation to tax online sales made to consumers located in the state. In March 2011 Gov. Pat Quinn signed the "Main Street Fairness Act," which targets online retailers with Illinois affiliates. Quinn said the act would help create fair competition and generate more revenue for the state. Illinois estimates that it loses $153 million in sales taxes every year due to the fact that out-of-state retailers do not remit sales tax on purchases made by Illinois residents. Some online retailers have responded to this legislation and similar efforts in other states by threatening income tax revenues collected from their online affiliates. Amazon, along with Overstock.com, has threatened to terminate affiliates in states that demand that sales tax be collected by online retailers, including Illinois.[19] Wal-Mart responded by inviting online businesses based in Illinois to join its affiliate network.[20]
The Illinois Policy Institute has said that the law has been "all pain and no gain." While it was "sold as a significant revenue raiser and a step toward improved tax fairness, it is accomplishing little more than pushing online entrepreneurs out of state."[21]
The law was declared unconstitutional in October 2013 by the Illinois Supreme Court.[22]

Not to over-simplify a big debate, but the way I see it, when you hit checkout you had a total on your screen that was the price you agreed to. This was the total the site published, and you agreed to pay. I don't see how anyone can support them increasing that total, no matter what the reason is; especially without clearly alerting everyone that their orders have changed. That's just the way I see it.

Not to over-simplify a big debate, but the way I see it, when you hit checkout you had a total on your screen that was the price you agreed to. This was the total the site published, and you agreed to pay. I don't see how anyone can support them increasing that total, no matter what the reason is; especially without clearly alerting everyone that their orders have changed. That's just the way I see it.
This is very true, but legally, you're suppose to report all online purchases during your taxes. So while you agreed to pay exactly that much, in theory, you should always get nailed with X% for taxes.

Have any of you ever thought about the fact your abusing CS to save tax could get you fast tracked to getting banned on Amazon?

Especially if it's against their policies.

If a 20-30$ tax is enough to make you not buy a console and boycott a company maybe gaming is not your cup of tea.

Everyone having a hernia over tax. Personally, I'm having a hernia over amazon shipping the console in the retail box.
Yea me too, and I'm in a state that just started getting taxed last Friday. So I'm expecting an extra 30 bucks on the order. But I can't have the system just shipped without a box. The delivery people here never get sigs and have delivered to the wrong house. Thinking about cancelling and trying my luck at either GS or BB. :cry:

From Wikipedia...apparently Amazon charging tax in IL is unconstitutional

Illinois passed legislation to tax online sales made to consumers located in the state. In March 2011 Gov. Pat Quinn signed the "Main Street Fairness Act," which targets online retailers with Illinois affiliates. Quinn said the act would help create fair competition and generate more revenue for the state. Illinois estimates that it loses $153 million in sales taxes every year due to the fact that out-of-state retailers do not remit sales tax on purchases made by Illinois residents. Some online retailers have responded to this legislation and similar efforts in other states by threatening income tax revenues collected from their online affiliates. Amazon, along with Overstock.com, has threatened to terminate affiliates in states that demand that sales tax be collected by online retailers, including Illinois.[19] Wal-Mart responded by inviting online businesses based in Illinois to join its affiliate network.[20]
The Illinois Policy Institute has said that the law has been "all pain and no gain." While it was "sold as a significant revenue raiser and a step toward improved tax fairness, it is accomplishing little more than pushing online entrepreneurs out of state."[21]
The law was declared unconstitutional in October 2013 by the Illinois Supreme Court.[22]
Not that Wikipedia is even a remotely credible source, anyways, but it says nothing about charging tax in IL being unconstitutional. It states that the Main Street Fairness Act was found unconstitutional.

what is the diff of buying something in store they don't list tax price on shelf they list price of item before tax.

I got $10 from PSN. I guess because I redeemed my 1yr PS +. So I will get another $10 from the PS4. Looks like I'll be buying the extended accidental warranty

Stop whining over sales tax charges from Amazon. Read the news. This has been coming for years. On the positive side, it has allowed Amazon to open more DC's thus getting your product to you faster. Amazon started charging sales tax in CA, opened DC's closer to my area of So Cal and now my Prime shipping is literally next day delivery. Well worth it.
this, everybody should have known.

sig.jpg

if you complain about 20 bucks you should not be paying 400 dollers for a system if you cna't afford 20 dollers in tax
I can understand your point, and I can understand wanting to save money (though in this case it's TAX. It's something we all have to pay as responsible adults.)

What I can't understand is how you do not know how to spell dollar. Even if you make a good point all I want to do is ignore your posts because of your God awful spelling and grammar.

PS4 Pick-up process - Nov. 13 and 14, 2013 (PRE-PURCHASERS ONLY)

• If you pre-purchased a PS4, you can pick up your PS4 package on Wednesday, Nov. 13 beginning at 10 a.m. - through Thursday, Nov. 14, ending at 8 p.m.
  • Guests are required to bring their gift card, PS4 purchase receipt and a photo ID to obtain their “package” at select locations, only.

PS4 Launch day: MIDNIGHT to 2 a.m. on Nov. 15, 2013

It’s finally here! You've got your pick-up package and you’re ready to get that PS4 in your hands... But here are a few final pieces of information before you head out to the Sony store:

• You cannot start lining up in front of the Sony Store until 10 p.m. Please refer to the store for specific line instructions. Lining up prior to 10 p.m. is not allowed by mall security.
  • If you lose your pick-up package, SONY will not be able to give you your PS4 at the midnight launch; however, it can be picked up beginning at 10 a.m., the following morning.
  • If you forget your ID, SONY will not be able to give you your product at the midnight launch; however, it can be picked up beginning at 10 a.m. the following morning.
  • One final thing: if you step out of line we can’t guarantee your spot when you return.

Process for picking up your PS4 after the midnight launch

• Presale units will be available for pick-up until COB Sunday, Nov. 17. Affter that, they will be released for sale. So make sure you get to the store before then!
  • Unclaimed units after Nov. 17 will be filled based on availability.

Process for people who did NOT pre-order a PS4 but want to pick one up on Nov. 15

• Guests may begin lining up outside the Sony Store at 10 p.m. Please take direction from the store on specific line instructions.
  • SONY will distribute wristbands on a first come, first served basis.
  • Each guest will be allowed ONE PS4 bundle.
  • SONY will provide only one PS4 bundle per method of payment.

PS4 Midnight Launch Q&A

1. When is the midnight launch event?

(That's the midnight between Thursday and Friday!) Midnight until 2 a.m., Nov.15, 2013

2. If I pre-ordered my PS4, what do I need to do to pick up my product during the midnight launch event?

You must visit the store where you preordered the PS4 between Nov. 13 and 14 to pickup your "package." Be sure to bring along your purchase receipt, photo ID and have a contact number.

3. What happens if I lose my receipt?

If you lose your receipt, you will not be able to pick up your PS4 during the midnight launch; you will have to come to the store the following day. .

4. Am I able to pick up my PS4 during the midnight launch event if I didn’t go to the store between Nov. 13 and 14 to pick up my package?

No. PS4s will only be distributed to guests who picked up their package.

5. If I did not preorder a PS4, can I come to the midnight launch event to purchase one?

Yes. There will be a select number of PS4 bundles available for purchase during the midnight launch event and will be available on a first come, first-served basis.

6. Where should I go when I arrive to the store during the midnight launch event?

There will be two lines at the midnight launch event: one line for presales and a separate line for guests purchasing on-site.

7. What if the midnight launch event is canceled?

Guests may pick up their PS4 systems starting the following day during normal business hours.
^Instructions for those that pre-ordered at a Sony Store.

So much "I'm entitled and shouldn't pay taxes like everyone else" talk. Funny that people believe that they shouldn't pay tax in their state just b/c some Amazon CSR (in India btw) told you otherwise.

He's just a really big failure of a troll.

In other news, Best Buy makes all of its employees watch a video about why online retailers being tax exempt is terrible and how we should all write to our representatives to pass legislature that requires online retailers to charge tax.

^Instructions for those that pre-ordered at a Sony Store.
that's awesome. I had initially reserved mine from store.sony.com on July 9th, but ended up cancelling because I had a ton of bills due that came out of nowhere and worried about having the funds. That's a great deal that you all get it 2 days in advance.

I'm usually not a flipper. The temptation was great, though, so I set up an eBay and PayPal this morning after work (I work nights). Sold my Amazon pre-order as a Buy It Now within an hour to another user with 0 feedback. Contacted about 2 hours ago (a little before I woke up) to please cancel the transaction due to "issues with PayPal."

Don't think I'll try again. A minute after I got the item sold email I started worrying hardcore about the possible horror situations. It's one thing if someone with 500 positive feedback buys it. But that's not terribly likely since I have 0 feedback. I can't afford to lose the $400. I'll probably be cancelling my Amazon pre-order in the morning. Not worth all the worry.

I'm usually not a flipper. The temptation was great, though, so I set up an eBay and PayPal this morning after work (I work nights). Sold my Amazon pre-order as a Buy It Now within an hour to another user with 0 feedback. Contacted about 2 hours ago (a little before I woke up) to please cancel the transaction due to "issues with PayPal."

Don't think I'll try again. A minute after I got the item sold email I started worrying hardcore about the possible horror situations. It's one thing if someone with 500 positive feedback buys it. But that's not terribly likely since I have 0 feedback. I can't afford to lose the $400. Unless someone on CAG contacts me before tomorrow morning I'll be cancelling my Amazon pre-order. Not worth all the worry.
Sometimes I see people who post in their description that they won't sell to people with 0 feedback. Because you have 0 feedback, that's going to be a problem to many people. I honestly wouldn't buy something that expensive from someone with 0 feedback.

One way you can prevent buyers who don't pay is by using this settings below.

[SIZE=medium]Buyer requirements[/SIZE]

Block buyers who:
  • Don't have a PayPal account
  • Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 12 month(s)
  • Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to
  • Have 4 policy violation report(s) within 6 month(s)

bread's done
Back